Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Testing Neo's Theory
Peyton Manning 24 15.29%
Joe Montana 63 40.13%
John Elway 51 32.48%
Johnny U 19 12.10%
Voters: 157. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-09-2007, 07:38 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Testing Neo's theory

Which of these QB's is the best
Peyton Manning
Joe Montana
John Elway
Johnny U

Neo believes that the logical man would pick Manning so i will now test his theory
Please dont be a homer

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 07:38 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd say Dan Marino, but off that list Joe Montana.
Old 06-09-2007, 07:40 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

elway for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 07:40 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would be okay with him saying that Manning is the best ever. It's the way he says that it's not even an argument that makes him intolerable. 2/3 of Montana, WOW.

Quote:
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 07:56 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Unitas. (10)
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 08:00 PM    (permalink
Phrost

All about da U. Unitas that is.
Old 06-09-2007, 08:18 PM    (permalink
broncs2bowl

Elway: since people talk about a QB being the one position where he can do things by himself for the team without having help from his supporting cast(hitting the receiver in the hands because NFL receiver will catch those, escaping pressure the line gives up, running for yards when the receivers dont get open, etc.) John Elway was the one that could do that the best. He singlehandedly took them to three superbowls they didnt have buisness being in. He has the most 4th quarter come backs ever and of course "The Drive". Also come of those comebacks were flat out amazing like the KC one. He just took over and won the game down from a large margin.

You put Peyton on the first three superbowl teams Elway had and he sux. He would rly only have one decent WR, not much protection. Not very good defense. And he would suck. Montana had an incredible suporting cast during his career.

Now dont say Elway cant win without TD and all that crap. Payton could not have won his without a Hall of Fame Receier, a Pro Bowl 2nd receiver, a very good 1st round RB, a defense that came alive to rly good form in the playoffs, one of the best if not the best pass protection line in the league.........You put Elway on the Colts the past 3 years I can gaurantee you he has 2 superbowl rings during that span. He would not have choked against the like of the Patriots and Steelers. Now dont get me wrong Manning would be the second QB I would take after Elway on that list. BUT I would take Marino second after Elway and then Manning third.
Old 06-09-2007, 08:36 PM    (permalink
Phrost

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncs2bowl View Post
Elway: since people talk about a QB being the one position where he can do things by himself for the team without having help from his supporting cast(hitting the receiver in the hands because NFL receiver will catch those, escaping pressure the line gives up, running for yards when the receivers dont get open, etc.) John Elway was the one that could do that the best. He singlehandedly took them to three superbowls they didnt have buisness being in. He has the most 4th quarter come backs ever and of course "The Drive". Also come of those comebacks were flat out amazing like the KC one. He just took over and won the game down from a large margin.

You put Peyton on the first three superbowl teams Elway had and he sux. He would rly only have one decent WR, not much protection. Not very good defense. And he would suck. Montana had an incredible suporting cast during his career.

Now dont say Elway cant win without TD and all that crap. Payton could not have won his without a Hall of Fame Receier, a Pro Bowl 2nd receiver, a very good 1st round RB, a defense that came alive to rly good form in the playoffs, one of the best if not the best pass protection line in the league.........You put Elway on the Colts the past 3 years I can gaurantee you he has 2 superbowl rings during that span. He would not have choked against the like of the Patriots and Steelers. Now dont get me wrong Manning would be the second QB I would take after Elway on that list. BUT I would take Marino second after Elway and then Manning third.
This might all be true, but you failed to ackonwledge Unitas.
Old 06-09-2007, 08:40 PM    (permalink
broncs2bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrost View Post
This might all be true, but you failed to ackonwledge Unitas.
Unitas was beast but I would still take Elway over him because he had a much better career. Unitas rly should not be in this conversation IMO. He should be replaced with Marino on the poll
Old 06-09-2007, 08:41 PM    (permalink
ricky bobby
Pro Bowler

Location: Oh please give me a good reputation. I'm so concerned with what you think about me!
ricky bobby hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

It's hard to pick seeing how i've only seen one of those guys play. I've heard a lot about Elway so I picked him.

BTW, you would recieve more accurate results if you didn't mention what the purpose of this experiment was. Making it a private poll would also yield different results.
ricky bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 08:41 PM    (permalink
Phrost

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncs2bowl View Post
Unitas was beast but I would still take Elway over him because he had a much better career. Unitas rly should not be in this conversation IMO. He should be replaced with Marino on the poll
You should read up on Johnny U. A LOT.
Old 06-09-2007, 08:42 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricky bobby View Post
It's hard to pick seeing how i've only seen one of those guys play. I've heard a lot about Elway so I picked him.

BTW, you would recieve more accurate results if you didn't mention what the purpose of this experiment was. Making it a private poll would also yield different results.
I make all my polls public, Im very snoopy
And if anyone read the other thread for 3 mins they would realize what this is about

Old 06-09-2007, 08:44 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Whoops, I hit Montana but I meant Elway.
Old 06-09-2007, 08:45 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
Whoops, I hit Montana but I meant Elway.
Im suprised the guy only has 5 votes

Old 06-09-2007, 08:54 PM    (permalink
TheChampIsHere
Veteran

TheChampIsHere hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I gotta go with Joe Montana. Let Peyton Manning get another ring or two or maybe some more MVPs and we can talk about it.

Last edited by TheChampIsHere : 06-09-2007 at 09:03 PM.
TheChampIsHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 08:59 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Haha I didn't even read the poll question I just saw Manning's name and figured it was a current QB poll. Whoops!

Btw Elway for me.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 09:00 PM    (permalink
broncs2bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrost View Post
You should read up on Johnny U. A LOT.
No I know about how great Johnny U was and all his accomplichments. But he is not a top 3-4 QB of all time. He is top 10 definatly but the best or even top 4 I dont think so. The only Qbs that can be mentioned as best ever and actually have a good argument are Elway, Montana, Marino(yet not having a ring always gets him thrown out), and Manning

Edit: here is a poll where people rank the top QBs ever and Unitas is at #7
http://sports.espn.go.com/chat/sport...tranker?id=662 (just do the rankings and submit it to see the final results of the whole poll)

Last edited by broncs2bowl : 06-09-2007 at 09:08 PM.
Old 06-09-2007, 09:02 PM    (permalink
broncs2bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
Haha I didn't even read the poll question I just saw Manning's name and figured it was a current QB poll. Whoops!

Btw Elway for me.
lol so it should be

Manning: 1
Montana: 6(the guy who said accidently clicked Montana over Elway)
Elway: 11
Johnny U: 7
Old 06-09-2007, 09:13 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

These arguments never have a right answer, just wrong ones. Like saying someone's the best by miles, or saying someone ridiculous.

Quote:
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 09:16 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Elway was so talented it was scary. The Arm, the mobility, the play under pressure, ridiculous.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 09:23 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd take Elway, perfect blend of size, arm strength/ accuracy, and athleticism.
Old 06-09-2007, 09:24 PM    (permalink
HoopsDemon12
Pro Bowler

HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.

joe montana!!!!... but ofcourse it would jim kelly if he was on there because yes i am a homer

Sig By Diehardvikingfan
HoopsDemon12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 09:26 PM    (permalink
TacticaLion
Pro Bowler

TacticaLion hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

The problem with this comparison is that Manning's career isn't over. He may not be the best now, but could definitely have that title when he's done in the NFL.

Which is why I wont vote.
Old 06-09-2007, 09:34 PM    (permalink
Ewing
Pro Bowler

Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.

Unitas, he changed the way quarterback was played and was arguably the toughest quarterback of all-time. If you look at his numbers then and compare them to now they aren't that impressive but he retired holding almost every record for a quarterback. He finished in the top ten for completions ten times, yards ten times, and touchdowns five times. The first quarterback ever to throw for 40,000 despite playing in twelve and fourteen game seasons. The record of 47 straight games with a touchdown pass will never be broken. He's the greatest of all-time in my eyes.

Last edited by Ewing : 06-09-2007 at 09:36 PM.
Ewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 09:35 PM    (permalink
reese

id vote for marino but since he isnt on there i voted elway...which to me is about half a step behnd marino anyway...so no biggie