Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 06-10-2007, 02:31 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Favorite and least favorite acquisitions

Which are your favorite and your least favorite acquisitions, the ones you think will succeed and not succeed? From Free Agency and trades, and from the draft. Both for your own team and other teams

49ers...

I think Nate Clements will succeed and he can be our #1 CB for the next 5 or so years. I think sam rayburn will be a decent addition on the DL, but nothing groundbreaking. I also think franklin will prove to be an average-above average NT. While he wont be the future i believe he will be a good backup/decent starter.

As for not succeeding, i think Ashley Lelie will be a minor FA bust. I like that we picked him up for peanuts, but i think hes a 1 year stopgap. I dont see him on the roster in 08, and if some other receviers have a good camp, he could be out this year. Colby Bockwoldt might not make the roster, but then again, he is Colby Bockwoldt..maybe Michael Lewis also. He had a bad year in Philly, and hopefully he can regain his pro-bowl form.

Other teams..

I see Eric Steinbach being successful in Cleveland next to Joe Thomas. I like ovie mughelli and think he will be a good lead blocker for guys like norwood and dunn. Wes Welker to the pats i am high on as well. I felt he was under-rated and he could do well if he gets his opportunities, but at the very least he could impact the return game. Dre Bly will benefit playing next to champ and have a good year.

For the bad..I see langston walker being a bust. I thought he was terrible and was surprised to see him get that contract. Im also a bit weary about Takeo Spikes...he really looked bad this past season, and who knows how he could bounce back. I was surprised to see the broncos sign daniel graham, when scheffler looked promising. I dont like graham.

Last edited by 49ersfan_87 : 06-10-2007 at 02:40 PM.
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 02:35 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

for the Lions

the good:

Calvin Johnson - best thing to have happened to the team all off-season.

the bad:

Can't really think of one, I haven't seen too much of our FA signings, I wasn't happy about Zack Piller but he got released again.

the Ugly:

We still don't have a damn TE and the secondary still sucks.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 02:43 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Best FA- I guess the draft
Worst FA- I guess the hole fa period
Old 06-10-2007, 03:21 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chiefs

Best - Donnie Edwards While I don't like his age he has never had a major injury and is in great shape having DJ pick his brain is way worth only having him for a year or two.

Worst - Second round pick Claude 'Turk' McBride I think we reached on him and should have went OL with this pick.
Old 06-10-2007, 03:22 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACKmanN View Post
Best FA- I guess the draft
Worst FA- I guess the hole fa period
seriously...

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 03:30 PM    (permalink
Incinerator
Rookie

Incinerator hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Eagles:

I think that the best pickup this offseason is probably Takeo Spikes. He will really help a weak LB corps, if he returns to his ability level from before the Achilles. Otherwise I'd say its Tony Hunt, he's a big back that can move the pile which is something the Eagles havn't had in a while.

The worst pickup is probably Kelly Holcomb, since he'll either be the 3rd QB on the team, if he's even kept. I know he was just thrown in with the trade, but he wont play over AJ Feely. Or Kolb could fit here as well since the Eagles could have gotten a much better player that would have made an impact this year at that pick.
Incinerator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 03:36 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Falcons:

Best: Ovie Mughelli
Worst: Milner?
Old 06-10-2007, 03:37 PM    (permalink
BuckNaked
All-NFLDC

BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Best: Adrian Peterson
Worst: Vinny Ciurciu, Vishante Shiancoe and Bobby Wade. We overpayed all of them
BuckNaked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 03:37 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bengals

Best addition - Marvin White: Good value at the spot and has a mean streak our defense so desperately needs.

Worst addition - Hard to pick one really, what few FA's we signed were low risk guys so even if they don't pan out it's no big deal and I liked the draft.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 04:22 PM    (permalink
remix 6
Pro Bowler

remix 6 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Patriots

Best: Thomas..he'll provide a new spark to the D

Least: Welker..we gave up too much for a slot WR imo
remix 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 05:26 PM    (permalink
JK17
Pro Bowler

JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.

For the Chargers....

Best: Bringing back Kris Dielman probably has to be the best "aquisition". We don't make many FA splashes so this is a tough question for Charger fans.

Worst: Probably would have to say Craig Davis, just my default. 30 wasn't good value, and he was one of our very few additions anyway, so that makes things tough.
JK17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 05:29 PM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Baltimore Ravens:

Favorite= The draft class

Least Favorite= Willis McGahee

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
EdReedUnstoppable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 06:34 PM    (permalink
dcarey20
Pro Bowler

dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.

Baltimore Ravens

Favorite Acquisition: Willis McGahee, RB

He's happy, motivated, is playing on a better offense, and is running behind a better line. He's been one of my favorite players since he has entered the league and he is going to have a great year.

Least Favorite: None, if I really had to choose I guess I'd go with 6th round pick Prescott Burgess, because I really wanted Brandon Siler. But I don't mind that pick at all, so I didn't really have a least favorite.

Other Teams

Favorite: Wes Welker to the Patriots

He's one of the most underrated acquisitions of the offseason. I really like him as a player. His versatility will be perfect with New England, and he just seems like a guy that is a great fit for their offense. He'll contribute as a return man, and as a 3rd target. With the way Brady spreads the ball around, I think he could be one of the most productive slot receivers in the game.

Least Favorite Joey Porter to the Dolphins

I have no clue why they paid him all that money. He's one of the most overrated players in the league, and has been for the past few years. He struggled terribly to put pressure on the quarterback last year, while he was playing in a scheme where he is suppossed to excel in that area.
Old 06-10-2007, 06:38 PM    (permalink
elway777
All-Pro

elway777 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.elway777 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Broncos-

Favorite-Travis Henry
-Perfect fit for our system, and great improvement from Tatum Bell.

Least Favorite-Daniel Graham
-Good but not "great" player who is getting a "great" contract.
elway777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 06:53 PM    (permalink
Gridiron
Rookie

Gridiron hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Jets

Good
- RB Thomas Jones

Bad - Nothing. The only questionable move was throwing a lot of money at DE Kenyon Coleman, but besides that, everything was zero risk, high reward.
Gridiron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 07:01 PM    (permalink
dcarey20
Pro Bowler

dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by remix 6 View Post
Patriots

Best: Thomas..he'll provide a new spark to the D

Least: Welker..we gave up too much for a slot WR imo
First off I think they gave a reasonable contract to Welker. Not only will he be a great slot receiver, but he will contribute in the return game as well. They gave up a 2nd rounder for him as well, but I honestly don't feel there were many 2nd rounders that would make more of an impact than him.

Now, the worst move for the Pats in my opinion was picking up Kelley Washington. I kinda liked it at first, but then they went out and got Randy Moss. That moved Washington into the 5th/6th wide receiver hunt. He has ability, but he's not guaranteed to beat out Reche Caldwell, Jabar Gaffney, Chad Jackson, or even Troy Brown. There's a chance he could be the 7th or 8th guy on the depth chart. Washington only has 19 grabs over the past 2 years. They gave him 5 years, 22 million I believe. That's money that could potentially go toward an Asante Samuel contract. I know the Pats probably structured the contract so that it won't hurt them too much if he doesn't work out, but I still don't like it.

Last edited by dcarey20 : 06-10-2007 at 07:06 PM.
dcarey20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 07:14 PM    (permalink
Michigan
Who wants to sex Mutombo?
Pro Bowler

Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lions
Best:
Edwin Mulitalo

Worst:
Drew Stanton

Last edited by Michigan : 06-10-2007 at 07:29 PM.
Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 07:23 PM    (permalink
ks_perfection
Veteran

ks_perfection hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Bucs
Best: Luke Petitgout. He's a just a decent Tackle, but a definite upgrade over Davis. Got him for a very reasonable price given how much Guards were being paid.

Worst: Plummer. Luckly This will only cost the Bucs a 7th rounder since he's retiring, but even still I don't get why Gruden traded for him while bringing in Garcia.
ks_perfection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 07:31 PM    (permalink
remix 6
Pro Bowler

remix 6 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

DC Carey:
we gave up a 2nd and a new good contract to Welker

he did well as a slot WR..nothing spectacular in terms of talent but hes a player that BB likes. as a returnman..our own returnmen have been better

fine if we gave up a 4th or something but a 2nd? Moss was worth a 4th..Welker a 2nd?
remix 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 07:42 PM    (permalink
Acreboy
Pro Bowler

Acreboy hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Acreboy hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Saints

Favorite: Usama Young, 3rd Rd pick.

Least Favorite: Marvin Mitchell 7th Rd pick.
Acreboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 07:49 PM    (permalink
TacticaLion
Pro Bowler

TacticaLion hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Lions

Favorite move: Getting rid of Dre' "I ***** a lot" Bly.

Favorite part of the off-season: The draft. CJ, Stanton and young, talented defenders... each player hard-working without character concerns.

Least favorite move: Getting rid of James Hall for a 5th. I liked him, but the coaches had a reason for doing so.

Least favorite part of the off-season: Tagging Cory Redding. It's a shame we couldn't get a contract in place.

Move I wanted to happen that didn't: We still have Shaun Rogers, who needs to be traded.

Overall grade: B+. Still questions at MLB and CB, but the QB, RB, WR, OL, DE and S positions have been improved with hard-working, "Marinelli"-guys.
Old 06-10-2007, 07:59 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good:

Anthony Adams - Very effective DT in the system we run. Should provide nice depth.

Greg Olsen - Adds a speed/playmaking dimension to the TE position

Adam Archuleta - Gave up a 6th rounder for him, and he thrives in the system we run. Hopefully he returns to his form from his St. Louis days, if he does our defense is going to be that much better.

Bad:

None really. Possibly Thomas Jones because he was a great leader but I think Cedric will produce more than TJ this year.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 08:05 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Buccaneers

Best -
I really like the acquisition of Gaines Adams via the draft and I think he will provide an impact pass rush which we have lacked over the last 12 months. Via free agency, the guy I think will make a big impact is Cato June on the strongside. He will be slot into a position he is relatively familiar with and should be an upgrade over Ryan Nece.

Worst -
I personally do not dislike any other pickups this off season so I don't really have anything to complain about. Maybe the trade for Ryan Sims.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 08:31 PM    (permalink
JeffSamardzijaIRISH
Pro Bowler

JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Falcons

Favorite: Joe Horn(Finally gives us a reliable reciever)

Least Favorite: Joey Harrington(shouldn't even be in the league IMO)
Old 06-10-2007, 08:38 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Giants: favorite- either Ross or Droughns. Giants got a vet runner who hadrushed for over 1,000 yards earlier in his career, for literaly nothing in tim carter. Ross gives them a young playmaker in the secondary.

least favorite- my least favorite move was by cutting Luke Petitgout. At least try and work out a contract deal or trade him. Least favorite acquisition is Kawika Mitchell, but ONLY because it hurts Blackburns shot at starting
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote