Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 06-10-2007, 04:48 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default 49ers turned down Randy Moss

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/6109

Quote:
When the Raiders were shopping receiver Randy Moss, they called the 49ers. But 49ers vice president of player personnel Scot McCloughan, who probably had the Antonio Bryant situation in mind, said the 49ers weren't interested. When assessing that situation, and weighing Moss, McCloughan felt more things needed to be in place in the locker room -- namely more veteran leaders.

What do people think of this? The 49ers ended up trading for Darrell Jackson instead of Randy Moss. Obviously Randy Moss is better than Jackson, but if work ethic/character was a issue, than i would take jackson. Obviously the 49ers chose jackson.

(And, i know this is possibly team board material. But were so devoid of news at this time, i thought it would be ok. But if it isnt, feel free to lock)
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 04:58 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I gotta agree with the Antonio Bryant reference. When you have a young QB, you don't need someone who has the potential to blow up on them when making a mistake. When I first saw Bryant showing up Smith on that errant pass, I really wanted to kick him in the balls, you just can't do that to a QB, much less and young one. And Moss has always had that reputation to have rocky relationships with his QB's, and IMO it's due to his imposing personality. He does want to win, he does want to score those TD's, despite some of his actions. And if You put him with a young a still developing team, you may have to worry about him blowing up or giving up, if things go bad.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 05:14 PM    (permalink
Bigburt63
Veteran

Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i agree, in order for randy moss to not destroy a team he needs to be on a team with alot of veteran leadership. thats why i think he will do fine in new england
Old 06-10-2007, 05:23 PM    (permalink
zoinks
Rookie

zoinks hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

There are very few teams in the league where Moss would have been a good fit.

IMO, Moss needed to go to a team that really didn't need him....a team that had a very strong leader at QB, and would be fine with or without Moss.

New England was the perfect fit. I also think Moss would have been very productive in Indy, but I wouldn't call it a good fit....I just don't know that he would have fit into their philosophy.
zoinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 08:16 PM    (permalink
skinzzfan25
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.

The 49ers have a young team and need veteran leadership. Jackson brings good play and leadership to the table. The last thing they need is somebody to implode in their lockeroom and create trouble.
Old 06-10-2007, 08:21 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The 49ers are developing an organization with high character guys that want to play the game of football and Randy Moss would've been a hinderance in that process

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 08:23 PM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

The Niners made the right decision Jackson can catch.
Old 06-10-2007, 09:41 PM    (permalink
NIN1984
Pro Bowler

NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Moss would have been a nightmare for Alex Smith, smart move by the 49ers.
NIN1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 10:11 PM    (permalink
Stash
Pro Bowler

Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It wouldn't have been a good combo anyway. Moss can only run deep routes and Alex Smith doesn't have a very strong arm.
Stash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 10:35 PM    (permalink
rainbeaukid2
All-Pro

rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stash View Post
It wouldn't have been a good combo anyway. Moss can only run deep routes and Alex Smith doesn't have a very strong arm.
no, he has a pretty strong arm
Old 06-10-2007, 11:35 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stash View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbeaukid2 View Post
Yes, Alex has a very strong arm. He doesn't throw an accurate deep ball though.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 11:48 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know if I would ever turn my nose up at Randy Moss. I think I would do anything to have him back now. Oh wait.... he's 31.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 11:02 AM    (permalink
VY10
Rookie

VY10 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

It was a good decision. I really really don't like Randy Moss and most teams don't want him in the locker room despite what he has the potential to do on the field.
VY10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 12:49 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbeaukid2 View Post
he doesn't in Madden, that's what makes him crappy.

On topic though, I think a wise move by the Niners, Moss needs to win or else he becomes a pain in the groin, which he showed in Oakland... 49ers are improving, but they can't be sure of enough wins to keep Randy happy, hence the move will hurt them probably.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 03:24 PM    (permalink
Komp
Veteran

Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.
Default ummm...

This thread is sort of pointless. Every team in the NFL except the Pats turned down Randy Moss.

Sig by fenikz! Cheers!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Mr. Dukes comes from the Michael Irvin "talk loud and maybe people will think I know what I am talking about" school of football analysis.
Komp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 03:27 PM    (permalink
eacantdraft
Pro Bowler

eacantdraft smells like sex panther.

Why would the 49ers want Jake to poison their locker room of young players and a young coach?

The 49ers are several players away from being a Super Bowl contender and they run an offense that is probably too conservative for Jake's taste.
eacantdraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 03:34 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

TO
Antonio Bryant
Randy Moss
No Way
If he gets to be trouble again then it will be the 3rd WR to be a problem in SF

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 04:17 PM    (permalink
stl9erfan
Veteran

stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addict View Post
Seriously, Madden? Come on, that's the best evidence you've got?

Smith's arm strength is average to slightly above average for an NFL QB. He can make all the throws, which is good enough for me. If anyone thinks it was Smith's arm strength that kept this trade from going down, you haven't been paying much attention to either the Raiders or 49ers in recent years.
Old 06-11-2007, 04:32 PM    (permalink
ks_perfection
Veteran

ks_perfection hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addict View Post

On topic though, I think a wise move by the Niners, Moss needs to win or else he becomes a pain in the groin, which he showed in Oakland... 49ers are improving, but they can't be sure of enough wins to keep Randy happy, hence the move will hurt them probably.
The problem with Madden is they rate a players naturally athleticism based on how well they play. If 1 player does great his speed/Acceleration/Agility will go up, if he does crappy next season those ratings will all drop, next year he does well again the running ratings will jump way up again. His running ability wouldn't change much but to make the player play worse they'll tinker with his naturally athleticism to make his rating alot worse.

Same is true with QBs, if they do well there Throwing Power will go up and if they bomb it will drop. It wouldn't drop as much as accuracy or awarness but it will change even though the players throwing strength doesn't change.
ks_perfection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 05:13 PM    (permalink
HoopsDemon12
Pro Bowler

HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.

such a smart move on their part... they have good young core that can play and doesnt get into trouble... who wants a declining reciever anyway, usualyl the raiders take em and well hell even they didnt want him

Sig By Diehardvikingfan
HoopsDemon12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 05:20 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stl9erfan View Post
Seriously, Madden? Come on, that's the best evidence you've got?
It was probably a joke...after reading most of addicts posts, im sure it was a joke. He seems like an easy going guy.
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 05:21 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

People it was joke by Addict.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 05:27 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah he does suck in madden he always ends up in FA when i play francise mode in Madden.

If Moss had better Character the SF would take him, but yeah its all about the character espically now.
Old 06-11-2007, 05:32 PM    (permalink
HoopsDemon12
Pro Bowler

HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.

garauntee you it was a joke... no one would seriously in their right mind use madden as a way to rate players

Sig By Diehardvikingfan
HoopsDemon12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 05:42 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How is this still a conversation?
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote