Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 06-11-2007, 01:23 PM    (permalink
SouthernPride396
Rookie

SouthernPride396 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyHall#1 View Post
Any books by Orson Scott Card are great. Start out with "Ender's Game" and "Ender's Shadow". Also, I like the Harry Potter books lol. Those things capture my attention and I can't stop reading them. It pisses me off that the movies are so childish and the names of the books are g.ay. But they really are good books.

Lord of the Flies is my all-time favorite book btw, if you haven't read it, you have to now.
The Ender's series is great too. I like the bean branch alot better than the Ender branch though. Harry potter books are great reads, i just wish i could remember anything about them a month after I finish one.

Also, anything by Tom Clancy or Clive Cussler make great summer action/adventure reads.

Sig by DChess
SouthernPride396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 02:32 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staubach12 View Post
OK, I've got more time. Fahrenheit 451 is a bit hard to explain and it makes you think about the ideas that literature implants in us, but it's very good. I highly reccommed it. 1984 is very, very good. Surprising end, and it makes you think, a liot like F451. Things Fall Apart by Chinua Achebe is very good and it deals a lot with colonialism and adjusting to surroundings. A Tale of Two Cities is incredible. One of my favorite novels. It's a long read, but the imagery and the plotline are just incredible. Brave New World is a lot like F451 and 1984. It's another utopia novel, but it deals a lot more with the ideals of being truly happy, and I've actually written a little something based on those ideas experssed within the novel. Animal Farm is a very good historical novel that helps break down how Italy and the USSR became such communisty nations. If anyone has any reccomendations, I'd love to hear them.
I hated 451, but then again I was in 8th grade when i read it.
Ive been reading "Romance of the 3 Kingdoms" On and half for the past 4 years. Its pretty big and ussually I just repeat parts of it. Its a romanticized account of a war in 2-3rd century china

I recently finished "Street Lawyer" by Grisham

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 02:34 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ny10804 View Post
Hardball by Chris Matthews (for AP Gov)
Sweet Im in AP Gov too
We dont have to read, but we have a summer assignment

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 02:39 PM    (permalink
gbpackers0065
Pro Bowler

gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.

Old 06-11-2007, 02:57 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernPride396 View Post
I'm reading The Invisible Man - Ralph Emerson a the moment. It's an excellent book about stereotyping and race. even though it was written immediately post-WWII, it's amazingly relevant to today's society.

My personal favorites I've read are: The Grapes of Wrath (literary style masterpiece) and Slaughterhouse V (kurt Vonnegut). Lord of the Flies is pretty good, but in no way is it on par with several others.

I hope to read 1984, The Catcher in the Rye or The Perks of Being a Wallflower by the end of summer. I've got 7 days riding in somebody's car, so i should be able to knock out at leat 2.
read perks before catcher.
or catcher before perks.
i'm trying to think. either way, it's like reading the same book twice.
read catcher first... that's the way to do it.
and then you'll read perks and see how much it's a rip-off of catcher.

now, invisible man is probably the greatest novel of the 20th century.
for sure.

that, ulysses, pale fire, lolita, and sound and the fury are all top notch.

i read alot.

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 03:00 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bang The Drum Slowly
Catcher In The Rye
The Grapes Of Wrath

are my favorites.

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 03:02 PM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

for any History nerds:

No Ordinary Time-it was about Franklin and Elenor Roosevelt's white house years. i cannot even count the number of times i was shocked and amazed while reading that book.
drowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 03:24 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Count of Monte Cristo will always be my favorite book.

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 03:29 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drowe View Post
for any History nerds:

No Ordinary Time-it was about Franklin and Elenor Roosevelt's white house years. i cannot even count the number of times i was shocked and amazed while reading that book.
i should pick it up, i'm a sucker for FDR

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 05:06 PM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drowe View Post
for any History nerds:

I'll have to read that one. I'm a history nerd.

BoneKrusher
Staubach12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 05:11 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Finished up reading "Next Man Up" by John Feinstein and am currently about to start on "The Ambler Warning" by Robert Ludlum.

Kinda off topic I guess, but does anyone have anymore football books they want to recommend?

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986
UKfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 05:55 PM    (permalink
RoyHall#1
Pro Bowler

RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKfan View Post
Finished up reading "Next Man Up" by John Feinstein and am currently about to start on "The Ambler Warning" by Robert Ludlum.

Kinda off topic I guess, but does anyone have anymore football books they want to recommend?
There was a book about being an owner of a football team by Mike Lupica, although I can't remember the title. Wasn't really about football too much, but still pretty good.
RoyHall#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 06:42 PM    (permalink
Xonraider
All-Pro

Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I liked Benjamin Franklin... but it was very hard for me to read.
Old 06-11-2007, 07:55 PM    (permalink
rainbeaukid2
All-Pro

rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKfan View Post

The Ambler Warning was very good and surprising, makes you think. at least, i think that i am thinking of the right one as i have read a lot of Robert Ludlum, he writes a ton of good books.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

personally, i kinda like the "thriller" genre of books with recurring characters, some of my favorite authors are

Clive Cussler-very talented writer who's books can keep one occupied for a whole summer as he has written a ton featuring Dirk Pitt, others featuring Kurt Austin, and others featuring The Oregon

Jack DuBrul-same genre as Cussler but features Philip Mercer who is a geologist

Vince Flynn-political thrillers that feature Mitch Rapp who is a counter-terrorism operative

Dan Brown-wrote The Davinci Code and others; i like how i am learning things as i read

Robert Ludlum-talented writer who's books include all of the Bourne books, also wrote a ton

James Patterson-has written numerous best-sellers

Tom Clancy-very technical writer and goes in-depth with all of the specifications of different things used, such as submarines. books feature Jack Ryan

James Grippando-novels feature Jack Swyteck, a miami defense attorney; more gory and graphic

ya, i read a lot
Old 06-11-2007, 07:57 PM    (permalink
rainbeaukid2
All-Pro

rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

also, i never really liked the classic books that were required reading such as Lord of the Flies, The Odyssey, and Of Mice and Men. maybe i just have something against reading for anything other than fun
Old 06-11-2007, 08:03 PM    (permalink
wiscbadgerfootball
Pro Bowler

wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

idk if anyone else has read Tears of a Tiger.. very good book, emotional though

sig by me.. first in ages, pm with requests
wiscbadgerfootball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 08:14 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im not a huge fan of non-fiction books but i like The Things They Carried it isnt 100% all true but its based on true stories, i forget the author. But im mostly bout fiction, i find most non fiction books sort of boring.

Props to BK for the sig
"Impulsive thinker, compulsive drinker, addict, half animal half man"
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 11:42 PM    (permalink
SouthernPride396
Rookie

SouthernPride396 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderz4life View Post
Im not a huge fan of non-fiction books but i like The Things They Carried it isnt 100% all true but its based on true stories, i forget the author. But im mostly bout fiction, i find most non fiction books sort of boring.
The idea behind The Things They Carried is that it's all pretty much made up. The theme is the fact that you can't tell a true story about war and make the reader feel the same emotion you did; you have to make one up and move them with it. The truth is, by telling them your made-up story, they'll actually feel closer to the emotions you experienced.

It's by Tim O'Brien btw.

also, rainbeukid, check out Dale Brown. His writing is kinda like taking a Tom Clancy story, making it Air Force instead of Navy, then write it in the style of Clive Cussler. He wrote alot too.

Sig by DChess
SouthernPride396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 11:53 PM    (permalink
frogstomp

Since everyone here loved Lord of the Flies so much, you should all read The Beach by Alex Garland. It's pretty much the same featuring adults (Garland also wrote 28 Days Later, as well as The Coma, which is an amazing book).

Train by Pete Dexter is a very good novel. I also enjoy anything by Chuck Palahniuk (he wrote Fight Club, but I liked Survivor and Choke more than Fight Club). I also like pretty much all Stephen King, John Grisham, and Vonnegut. I loathe Koontz.

I'm currently reading The Slaughterhouse-Five by Vonnegut.

Dan Brown is a horrible author. Reading his books honestly makes me feel like vomiting. His writing style is atrocious. I've tried reading two of his books, and ended up giving them both away.

Last edited by frogstomp : 06-11-2007 at 11:57 PM.
Old 06-11-2007, 11:59 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Things they Carried was one of the few books I was forced to read in High School that I actually enjoyed.

Anyway, I just got finished reading Neil Gaiman's American Gods and the sequel Anansi's Boys. Both were excellent, and I urge anyone here to read something (anything) by Gaiman. He's an excellent writer.

Next on my plate is The Doors of Perception by Aldous Huxley.
Old 06-12-2007, 12:03 AM    (permalink
rainbeaukid2
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernPride396 View Post
also, rainbeukid, check out Dale Brown. His writing is kinda like taking a Tom Clancy story, making it Air Force instead of Navy, then write it in the style of Clive Cussler. He wrote alot too.
i have, i have read a couple of them, i just couldn't recall him because all of my books of him are at my dad's house and so when i was looking on my bookshelf i didn't see any of them
Old 06-12-2007, 12:16 AM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiscbadgerfootball View Post
idk if anyone else has read Tears of a Tiger.. very good book, emotional though
i think ive read this book before is it about a war?

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 01:21 AM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbeaukid2 View Post
The Ambler Warning was very good and surprising, makes you think. at least, i think that i am thinking of the right one as i have read a lot of Robert Ludlum, he writes a ton of good books.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

personally, i kinda like the "thriller" genre of books with recurring characters, some of my favorite authors are

Clive Cussler-very talented writer who's books can keep one occupied for a whole summer as he has written a ton featuring Dirk Pitt, others featuring Kurt Austin, and others featuring The Oregon

Jack DuBrul-same genre as Cussler but features Philip Mercer who is a geologist

Vince Flynn-political thrillers that feature Mitch Rapp who is a counter-terrorism operative

Dan Brown-wrote The Davinci Code and others; i like how i am learning things as i read

Robert Ludlum-talented writer who's books include all of the Bourne books, also wrote a ton

James Patterson-has written numerous best-sellers

Tom Clancy-very technical writer and goes in-depth with all of the specifications of different things used, such as submarines. books feature Jack Ryan

James Grippando-novels feature Jack Swyteck, a miami defense attorney; more gory and graphic

ya, i read a lot
Be very careful about that, most of the stuff in Da'vinci Code he made up. Even with his hard to read style, I still enjoy the plots of his books.

Paradise Lost-John Milton is very good, as is Dante's Inferno.

I don't read much fiction, but these are the books I have read lately.

Tao Te Ching-it is the principles of Daoism, very interesting.

48 Law of Power, 33 Strategies of War, The Art of Seduction- Robert Greene He takes stuff from Machievelli, Sun Tzu, von Clauwitz(sp?), Napoleon, and a great number of politicians and writes about them.

Sperm Wars- Robin Baker It gives biological reasons as to why people are attracted to certain traits, why people cheat, etc. It really changed my view on relationships, both for good, and for bad. I am a lot more cynical of relationships now, but I also would rather know(which after reading, you start to observe the things they talk about) than to not know.

The only fiction book I have read in a while, I am still in the process of, but so far it is really good. A Confederacy of Dunces by John Kennedy Toole, it is really funny so far.

Last edited by someone447 : 06-12-2007 at 01:23 AM.
someone447 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 11:17 AM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My favorite graphic novel of all time: The Dark Knight Returns, by Frank Miller. I've read that more times than I can count.

My favorite novel of all time: The Illiad. The ultimate tale of human character traits; greed, egotism, revenge, etcetera.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 11:49 AM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staubach12 View Post
I'll have to read that one. I'm a history nerd.

some other history type books that i enjoyed:

Confederates in the Attic by Tony Horowitz---this is a very interesting book. this guy decides he wants to find out why so many southerners still take such pride in their regions shady past, and why so many are still so in love with flying the Confederate flag. so, he tours the dirty south, visits Civil War Historical sites, meets with historians. it was a great read and i really have a different perspective on the south because of reading this book.

1776-great book about the Revolutionary War.

I'm currently reading a book on the assassination of Robert Kennedy, but it's really slow and pretty full of crazy theories.

I want to read Bill Clinton's autobiography, and maybe The Audacity of Hope by Barack Obama.
drowe is offline   Reply With Quote