Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Detroit Lions Team Forum

Detroit Lions Team Forum Discuss the Lions

Old 06-11-2007, 06:06 PM    (permalink
TacticaLion
Pro Bowler

TacticaLion hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Get rid of Shaun Rogers.

I know I said I was gonna stay off these boards (mainly due to such pointless threads as these, as well as unreasonably negative comments from many "Lions fans" on these forums), but this Shaun Rogers situation has brought me back. I've gotta see how others feel about this.

I mentioned a few weeks ago that we should trade Shaun Rogers for a pick and/or player and continue to build the team under the "Marinelli"-way. His stock was high and we've got a few of the pieces to rebuild the position (Redding, Cody and IAF, who could probably be a beast as a DT).

Now we need to just cut him. Forget about him. Cut our losses. Move on. I'm currently stationed in Cincinnati, OH, and have had the pleasure of harassing the Bengal’s fans on their current streak of arrests... and was proud that a Lion hadn't done something stupid. And here we are.

I'd rather have a team of hard working, dedicated football players (that lack talent) than a team of selfish, whiney, talented individuals who happen to play football. Marinelli... you gave us a mindset and a perspective... show how important that perspective is and (finally) get rid of him.
Old 06-11-2007, 06:14 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He like a top 5 or 10 run stopping DT and you want to trade him? i know he has had his ups and downs because of his attitude but he still a beast in the middle.
Old 06-11-2007, 06:25 PM    (permalink
TacticaLion
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACKmanN View Post
He like a top 5 or 10 run stopping DT and you want to trade him? i know he has had his ups and downs because of his attitude but he still a beast in the middle.
Dre' "I ***** a lot" Bly was a better overall CB than what we have. But, he didn't fit the team, so we traded him. Shaun Rogers' mentality doesn't fit the team, so he should be gone.
Old 06-11-2007, 06:45 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I said to trade him before the draft. I stand by that.
Old 06-11-2007, 06:50 PM    (permalink
ShutDwn
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Some Defensive Tackles all seem to be big whiney *******. The Panthers have their own problem with Jenkins right now.. Sometimes it just doesn't seem like they are even part of the team.
Old 06-11-2007, 07:09 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

dont forget Darwin Walker being whiney. If Rogers is going to be suspended becuase of the new policy, trade his ass before people find out. Or if he isnt make him play a game or two to show people that he still is good. Then trade him for a high pick 2 rd hell maybe 1st.

As for Jenkins who wants an ageing DT thats wants to be paid as the top 3 DT. Top 10 or 15 okay. But he still is only 7yrs in the league so still has time, maybe Buffalo will trade for him.

Then again they may not want that same situation again like the walker trade. Unless they do where they trade for him if he doesnt show up they get a higher pick in return.
Old 06-11-2007, 10:28 PM    (permalink
Bootland27
Rookie

Bootland27 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Bootland27 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacticaLion View Post
I know I said I was gonna stay off these boards (mainly due to such pointless threads as these,
OK. maybe he doesn't have to say "we gotta win 10 games," but if he (one of our best players) doesn't think that they'll be better than last year, how exactly are you supposed to get excited about that?
Old 06-12-2007, 10:33 AM    (permalink
TheMadLionsFan
Rookie

TheMadLionsFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

the favts haven't come out and you are ready to bury him....honestly...I'm waiting for a conviction.....and its funny....you act like he is predicate felon....so what he hasn't been enthusiastic the past couple season....and even in that state of mind he has still been there best d lineman...I really don't care about character....because you don't know these players...just win....thats all I care about

"Winning isn't everything but its the only thing." - Vince Lombardi
TheMadLionsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 12:47 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMadLionsFan View Post
the favts haven't come out and you are ready to bury him....honestly...I'm waiting for a conviction.....and its funny....you act like he is predicate felon....so what he hasn't been enthusiastic the past couple season....and even in that state of mind he has still been there best d lineman...I really don't care about character....because you don't know these players...just win....thats all I care about

"Winning isn't everything but its the only thing." - Vince Lombardi
http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/DET/10221953 here's what we know so far.

And Rogers has been a whiny piece of garbage for a while now, I agree we should get rid of him.

And take it easy... one the period key... cause not only does it make your stuff hard to read...it's also....annoying...

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 01:49 PM    (permalink
TheMadLionsFan
Rookie

[quote=Addict;447644]http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/DET/10221953 here's what we know so far.

And Rogers has been a whiny piece of garbage for a while now, I agree we should get rid of him.

[quote]

LMAO @ WANTING TO CUT A PLAYER FOR WHINING.....and you KNOW nothing.....only what is being reported.....hasn't the Duke Lacrosse thing taught you nothing....please....I'll wait for a conviction....

fans are so sensitive.....the wussification of America continues...
Old 06-12-2007, 01:51 PM    (permalink
detroit4life
Pro Bowler

detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

no thats so stupid the strength of this team is in that front four and thats where our defense is going to start if our front 4 fails our defense will fail. Cutting our best player on that front four will only hurt our team
Old 06-12-2007, 01:54 PM    (permalink
TheMadLionsFan
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by detroit4life View Post
no thats so stupid the strength of this team is in that front four and thats where our defense is going to start if our front 4 fails our defense will fail. Cutting our best player on that front four will only hurt our team
Tell that to our righteous armchair fans....
Old 06-12-2007, 01:55 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

send him to the Bears... JA will give you guys a cookie.

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Smokey Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 02:08 PM    (permalink
TheMadLionsFan
Rookie

oh and another thing....for all of you b!tching about this situation and his attitude....remember even though Cory Redding had a career year.....the run defense shot to sh!t when Shaun Rogers went down....bet your run defense on the rookie IAF if you wish...why?....when I have a sure thing?
Old 06-12-2007, 02:09 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Addict View Post
http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/DET/10221953 here's what we know so far.

LMAO @ WANTING TO CUT A PLAYER FOR WHINING.....and you KNOW nothing.....only what is being reported.....hasn't the Duke Lacrosse thing taught you nothing....please....I'll wait for a conviction....

fans are so sensitive.....the wussification of America continues...
I fixed your post for you, quoting's hard, I know.

Anyways. First of all, Shaun Rogers is a disruptive player and I hope this is nothing, because him leaving will hurt the team, but by the same token I'd rather have some guys up there willing to give it 110%, but that's preference I suppose.

I'm not sensitive, I just don't think we should sell out on integrity to get a few wins, and don't worry I'm not American, so the 'wussification' really isn't all that bad.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
Old 06-12-2007, 02:09 PM    (permalink
LionSmack
Veteran

LionSmack hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Recently, I got on Falcons fans for having their heads in the sand about Vick, but I think we know that when women and especially strippers are involved, you can't be too careful about making sure you find out the facts.
LionSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 02:15 PM    (permalink
TheMadLionsFan
Rookie

[quote=Addict;447845]I fixed your post for you, quoting's hard, I know.

Anyways. First of all, Shaun Rogers is a disruptive player and I hope this is nothing, [quote]

He has been playing for a team that is trash since he was drafted....and I seriously doubt his attitudeis a reason why the Lions haven't "turned the corner"...hmmm the way you talk about him....kinda reminds me of Corey Dillon
Old 06-12-2007, 02:16 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Addict View Post
I fixed your post for you, quoting's hard, I know.

Anyways. First of all, Shaun Rogers is a disruptive player and I hope this is nothing,
He has been playing for a team that is trash since he was drafted....and I seriously doubt his attitudeis a reason why the Lions haven't "turned the corner"...hmmm the way you talk about him....kinda reminds me of Corey Dillon
try to close your quotes. [/quote] is the code.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
Old 06-12-2007, 02:22 PM    (permalink
Maybe Next Year Millen2
Veteran

Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Trading/Cutting Rogers I think would give us a 3.6 million cap hit this year(from his bonus) less his salary of 1.5 million for a total loss of 2.1 million on this years cap. Also we would have a 3.6 million cap hit in 2008 because it is after June 1 and Rogers 7.2 million bonus left to be allocated would be accelerated and split over 2 years. I don't know if we have enough cap room right now to do anything with him.

Rogers has a lot of issues, weight/supplement suspension, work ethic/lack of consistency, and he is coming off a knee surgery. Rogers is incredibly talented though. Talented enough that even Marinelli won't get rid of him, despite him not being a "Marinelli type". Rogers dominated Week 1 last year but slowly fizzled until the Bills game and then he got suspended. He does make our run game better and the possibility of him playing next to Redding is very intriguing to see what they could do. If our Ends were better, Redding was actually under contract, Cody wasn't coming off an injury plagued season with little depth behind him, then I would be all for letting Rogers go. But right now, its sad to say we need him.

Last edited by Maybe Next Year Millen2 : 06-12-2007 at 02:24 PM.
Maybe Next Year Millen2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 05:05 PM    (permalink
TacticaLion
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by detroit4life View Post
Oh please. Having our "best player" suspended for sexually assaulting a stripper wont help our team either. I'd rather a) trade him and get something for him (if he's as good as you say, someone will trade for him), or b) cut him and know that our team doesn't tolerate such stupid acts (players) as these (him).

Note: Strip clubs and weapons... which players come to mind? Pacman Jones and Marcus Vick? Great company. (At least it didn't happen on a boat.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMadLionsFan
Tell that to our righteous armchair fans....
If expressing my opinion on an internet forum makes me a "righteous armchair fan", you're exactly the same thing. It was either a horrible insult or a pointless comment to make... both are useless.

Last edited by TacticaLion : 06-12-2007 at 05:08 PM.
TacticaLion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 06:00 PM    (permalink
TheMadLionsFan
Rookie

Quote:
Oh please. Having our "best player" suspended for sexually assaulting a stripper wont help our team either. I'd rather a) trade him and get something for him (if he's as good as you say, someone will trade for him), or b) cut him and know that our team doesn't tolerate such stupid acts (players) as these (him).

Note: Strip clubs and weapons... which players come to mind? Pacman Jones and Marcus Vick? Great company. (At least it didn't happen on a boat.)

If expressing my opinion on an internet forum makes me a "righteous armchair fan", you're exactly the same thing. It was either a horrible insult or a pointless comment to make... both are useless.

not exactly.....because I'm not so naive to think that winning is secondary to such trivial matters as these....nor am I making any assumptions prior to a conviction....like I typed earlier

"Winngin isn't everything but its the only thing" - Vince Lombardi

...everybody gettin so bent out of shape is over-sensitive and too self-righteous....
Old 06-12-2007, 06:51 PM    (permalink
TacticaLion
Pro Bowler

Quote:
not exactly.....because I'm not so naive to think that winning is secondary to such trivial matters as these....nor am I making any assumptions prior to a conviction....like I typed earlier

"Winngin isn't everything but its the only thing" - Vince Lombardi

...everybody gettin so bent out of shape is over-sensitive and too self-righteous....
Here's a quote:

"It's not the most talented players on a team, but the team with the most talent, that wins championships." - TacticaLion

Trivial matters!? Are you KIDDING!? Our "best player" gets drunk, goes to a strip club with a weapon and assaults a stripper. TRIVIAL!? It's ******* disgusting and he should be suspended. Not only did he get drunk in public... and go to a strip club... and assault a stripper... but he had a goddamn gun on him. Just plain stupid.

Oh. One more thing: I don't need a "conviction" to know that what he did was wrong, and you shouldn't either. If he pays the stripper off, like it's suggested he will, does that make this situation any less pathetic? Hell no. We don't need this type of player on our team.

(Self-righteous? Wow. I'm sorry... I just don't do things as immature and pathetic as this. I can look in the mirror and see my own faults, but nothing I've done is as low and pathetic as what he did. Sensitive? I guess I just have morals.)
Old 06-12-2007, 07:03 PM    (permalink
TheMadLionsFan
Rookie

Quote:
Here's a quote:

"It's not the most talented players on a team, but the team with the most talent, that wins championships." - TacticaLion

Trivial matters!? Are you KIDDING!? Our "best player" gets drunk, goes to a strip club with a weapon and assaults a stripper. TRIVIAL!? It's ******* disgusting and he should be suspended. Not only did he get drunk in public... and go to a strip club... and assault a stripper... but he had a goddamn gun on him. Just plain stupid.

DETROIT (June 11, 2007) -- A stripper is claiming she was inappropriately touched by Detroit Lions defensive tackle Shaun Rogers.

Police and prosecutors are reviewing the claims, Maria Miller, spokeswoman for the Wayne County prosecutor's office, said.

The complaint was made to authorities early June 8 by the woman, who dances at a club on Detroit's west side. Police have submitted a criminal sexual conduct warrant request to the prosecutor's office, but Miller said charges were not expected to be filed June 11. The Detroit police sex crimes unit also was investigating the complaint.

"We're reviewing the reports that we have," Miller said. "We're going to talk to the victim and any relevant witnesses."

Miller would not say whether police or her office had spoken to Rogers or if he was at the club when the complaint was made.

Team officials are aware of the complaint.

"We're gathering information and have no further comment," said Lions spokesman Bill Keenist.

An e-mail seeking comment was sent to Rogers and a telephone message seeking comment was left with his agent, Kennard McGuire.

nowhere in the report said he had a gun....no cameras picked up that he had a gun....nowhere in the report said he was drunk...and as far as assaulting a stripper...if it was so serious...if it was that traumatizing....why did she wait a day until filing a complaint?....this is what I'm talking about.....you are going off trivial reports laced with little information and then trying to come to your own conclusion.....bullsh!t....and you don't know what whent down....and if you have any type of run in with females you know that some are just goldiggers....females who don't care about tanything but money and a man that will take care of them....and most of those type women are strippers....damn....when Micahel Irvin got hit with his rape charge I bet you were screaming for his head too....when he got acquited and then turned around and sued her...how did you feel?....yeah read the report...the player is ALWAYS wrong...fu@kouttahea with this garbage...
Old 06-12-2007, 07:04 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think they could easily afford to trade Rogers. DT can be a very easy position to fill with a strong DL coach like Marinelli.
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 07:26 PM    (permalink
TacticaLion
Pro Bowler

Quote:
nowhere in the report said he had a gun....no cameras picked up that he had a gun....nowhere in the report said he was drunk...and as far as assaulting a stripper...if it was so serious...if it was that traumatizing....why did she wait a day until filing a complaint?....this is what I'm talking about.....you are going off trivial reports laced with little information and then trying to come to your own conclusion.....bullsh!t....and you don't know what whent down....and if you have any type of run in with females you know that some are just goldiggers....females who don't care about tanything but money and a man that will take care of them....and most of those type women are strippers....damn....when Micahel Irvin got hit with his rape charge I bet you were screaming for his head too....when he got acquited and then turned around and sued her...how did you feel?....yeah read the report...the player is ALWAYS wrong...fu@kouttahea with this garbage...
Ignorance is a horrible argument, yet you attempt to use it. Do some research before you open your mouth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2007/06/11/report-strip-club-visit-is-trouble-for-lions-shaun-rogers/
Rogers was interviewed Saturday at Ford Field for an incident in a strip club where he was reportedly carrying a gun and touched a stripper in a club called The Players Den on Detroit's west side.

A warrant to the Wayne County Prosecutors Office will be submitted Monday.
Quote:
Originally Posted by http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm
POSTED 12:51 p.m. EDT, June 11, 2007

DETROIT POLICE SEX CRIMES UNIT INVESTIGATING SHAUN ROGERS by Michael David Smith

Fred Girard of the Detroit News is reporting that Lions defensive lineman Shaun Rogers is under investigation by the sex crimes unit of the Detroit police department for an incident that allegedly occurred at a local strip club, and could be charged as early as Tuesday.

"The Detroit Police Department presented us with a request for a warrant this morning," Girard quotes assistant Wayne County prosecutor Maria Miller as saying on Monday. "It concerns an incident that occurred at a Detroit strip club on June 8, at approximately 1 a.m. We're reviewing that request, but I don't expect there will be a decision today. First we have to interview witnesses and review the evidence."

Per Girard, a police officer said a 20-year-old dancer made a report that Rogers burst into the women's dressing room at the club, inebriated and carrying a pistol in his waistband. The woman said Rogers fondled her sexually.

Girard's report is an update of the story surrounding Rogers that was first reported by Terry Foster of the Detroit News. Oddly, Foster's initial report has been pulled from his blog on the paper's web site.
Quote:
Originally Posted by http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm
POSTED 8:15 a.m. EDT, June 11, 2007

SHAUN ROGERS IN HOT WATER?

Lions tackle Shaun Rogers is the latest candidate to break our "days without an arrest" streak at 21 and counting.

According to Terry Foster of the Detroit News, Rogers was interviewed by police on Saturday at Ford Field in connection with allegations that he carried a gun and touched a stripper at a Detroit club called "The Player's Den."

A warrant will be presented to prosecutors on Monday.

Foster says that Rogers didn't wave his gun, but made it known that he was packing heat. Foster also says that he is aware of additional details that, if true, could bring Rogers' career with the Lions to an end, and that also could result in jail time.

Finally, Foster explains that there is a concern within the police department that Rogers and his lawyer will "pay off" the stripper.

And that's where Pacman Jones really screwed up in February. Instead of tossing the full $81,000 into the air, he should have held back $40,000 of it to buy everyone's silence after the fact.
Quote:
Originally Posted by http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070611/UPDATE/706110394/1126/SPORTS0101
Police investigate Lions' Rogers in sexual assault allegation

Detroit Lions defensive tackle Shaun Rogers is being investigated for sexual assault after a stripper accused him of entering her dressing room and forcibly groping her last week, authorities confirmed Monday.

The 20-year-old woman, who dances at the Secret City Players Den on Joy Road on the city's west side, complained to Detroit police Saturday about the Friday morning incident, police sources told The Detroit News.

Investigators have submitted a warrant request involving possible criminal sexual conduct charges, said Maria Miller, a spokeswoman for the Wayne County prosecutor. "That is being investigated at this time," she said without elaborating.

No decision on the case is expected until Wednesday at the soonest, Miller said, noting that prosecutors will be interviewing witnesses.

Rogers could not be reached for comment.

"We are gathering information," Lions vice president Bill Keenist said. "We'll have no further comment."

The woman told police Rogers had a gun in his waistband, but did not say he pointed it at her, police said. Rogers had been drinking with friends, but it is unclear whether any teammates were with him, police said.

A firearm could pose several legal problems for Rogers. Guns are not permitted in bars in Michigan.

Also, depending on what is said and done, having a gun while committing another felony, such as a sexual assault, can lead to a felony firearm charge. That crime carries a mandatory two-year prison sentence that must be served in its entirety and cannot be served with any other sentence.

It is unclear whether Rogers has a license to carry a concealed weapon.

Rogers has discussed the matter with police at least once, but declined to discuss it Saturday afternoon when investigators approached him at Ford Field, police said.
Oh, and here's a good article: http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a...8/SPORTS&imw=Y

You post one... ONE report and use it as your argument. Most of the reports I've found claim he had a gun and a few say that he was inebriated (google it, I wont hold your hand).

Show some respect before you start screaming... especially when you're using arguments as weak as those.