Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 06-12-2007, 09:44 AM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Stiller View Post
Honestly,

This season, In my opinion, will come down between the Steelers and Ravens.

* The Bengals have done absolutely nothing to fix their horrible run defense.
* They're top CB, Jonathan Joseph just broke his foot (I know he'll be back for camp, but those can linger).
* They cut Sam Adams, who, doesn't make a lot of plays, but certainly tires offensive lines out, and takes up a mad amount of space.
* They drafted an overrated Leon Hall. If Lewis can coach him up, fine, but he was mediocre in college
* They lost Chris Henry for the first 8 games of the season.

Now that last bullet is key... they're big playmaker out the first 8 games of the season.

And those 8 games?

Baltimore, @Cleveland, @Seattle, New England, @Kansas City, N.Y.Jets, Pittsburgh, and @Buffalo.

Of those the only ones that can really be in their favor are Cleveland, KC and NYJ.

To even have a chance at the Division Crown, they'd have to literally come out 5-3 in that span.

I'm figuring you need at least 11 wins to get in the playoffs (possibly 10), and I don't see Cincinnati doing it this year.

I can see Pittsburgh at 12-4..

@ Cleveland - W (1-0)
Buffalo - W(2-0)
San Francisco - W(3-0)
@Arizona - W(4-0)
Seattle - W(5-0)
@Denver - L(5-1)
@Cincy - W(6-1)
Baltimore - W(7-1)
Cleveland - W(8-1)
@NYJ - W(9-1)
Miami - W(10-1)
Cincy - W(11-1)
@NE - L(11-2)
Jacksonville - L(11-3)
@St. Louis - W(12-3)
@Baltimore- L(12-4)

Thats very plausible. Give or take a loss here or there.
Steelers 9-7

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

I remember Marshawn Lynch
DeathbyStat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 09:48 AM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

NYG- Manning will come out at the first of the season looking very good. He'll play well, and Jacobs and Droughns will do well, but nothing Tiki Barber-esque They're offense plays fairly well, but in the end, ours will put us above. W (1-0)

@Miami- Miami is looking like a fairly good team, howver, I think the pressure we can put on they're Offenseive line will outweigh any other factor in the game. W (2-0)

@Chicago- This should be very close. All units will do very well, but in the end, Chicago will win the close one. L (2-1)

St Louis- This should be a shootout. However, I think our defense will be able to make some key stops and allow us to pick up the win. W (3-1)

@Buffalo- They're just not far-enough along to beat a team of our caliber. It'll be a fairly close game, but Dallas wins due to several great late drives. W (4-1)

New England- New England will bring us back down to earth. They'll outscore us by several scores even though we're at home. L (4-2)

Minnesota- Our defense should be able to force enough critical mistakes to pull out the game. However, our defense is still has they're mind on the NE game, and it suffers a bit. W (5-2)

BYE

@Phily- With two weeks to prepare, we'll make this the best game of the week. It'll come down to the wire, but a late drive by Tony Romo will put us above. W (6-2)

@NYG- New York will be ready for us this time. We'll come into the game a bit cocky, and that'll allow the Giants to take advantage of some critical mistakes. L (6-3)

Was- Portis can only carry this offense so far. And our offense should be able to put points on the board. W (7-3)

NYJ- This'll be a close one. They're going to try to do the same things that New England did to us, but in the end, we'll have cleaned up those mishaps before the game enough to win it. W (8-3)

GB - This outta be good. Tony will be going up against his idol. However, that won't stop him from playing a very good game against them, and Favre, in an attempt to come back, will make several mistakes that seal the deal. W (9-3)

@Det- Detroit will surprise us again this year. They're passing game will put a lot of stress on our secondary IF Kitna has enough time. I think in the end, the pressure will cause some mistakes that win us the game. W (10-3)

Phily- Oh gosh. We'll come in prepared, but they're going to be on another level. They hand us a loss fairly easily. L (10-4)

@Car- We should be able to put enough pressure on Delhomme to keep the ball out of Steve Smiths hand. We should also be able to run well against them. W (11-4)

@Was- Washington will have given up hope on their season by this point. They're just out to knock us back a few playoff spots. Despite their best efforts, we still win fairly easily. W (12-4)

BoneKrusher
Staubach12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 09:55 AM    (permalink
ricky bobby
Pro Bowler

Location: Oh please give me a good reputation. I'm so concerned with what you think about me!
ricky bobby hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

New York Giants

Dallas L – Giants will for the first time face Wade Phillip’s aggressive defense and will look confused at times.
Score: 24 - 17
Giants Player of the Game: Brandon Jacobs 120 yards, 1 TD

Green BayW – Green Bay will have no rushing attack forcing Favre to pass. Osi Strahan and Kiwi will pin their ears back and harass Favre all day.
Score: 27 - 7
Giants Player of the Game: Osi Umenyiora 6 tackles, 2 sacks, 1 FF

WashingtonW – Giants will run Brandon Jacobs off tackle all game to take advantage of the poor DE play of Washington. Jacobs will break the 150 yard mark.
Score: 21 - 7
Giants Player of the Game: Brandon Jacobs 153 yards, 3 TDs

PhiladelphiaL – McNabb will be too much for the Giant’s secondary to handle
Score 24 - 21
Giants Player of the Game: Eli Manning 250 yards, 2 TDs

New York JetsL – Giants again fail to play well against a 3-4 defense
Score: 17 - 10
Giants Player of the Game: Sinorice Moss 7 receptions, 120 yards, 1 TD

AtlantaW – Giants harass Vick’s undisciplined play all day long.
Score: 27 - 10
Giants Player of the Game: Mathias Kiwankua 12 tackles, 3 TFL, 1 sack, 1 INT

San FranL – Giants find that spending in Free Agency does in fact win games
Score: 28 - 21
Giants Player of the Game: Gibril Wilson 13 tackles, 1 sack, 1 INT

Miami W – Miami suffers from Jetlag from the trip to London and the Giants win easily
Score: 35 - 14
Giants player of the Game: Eli Manning 320 passing yards, 3 TDs

Bye

DallasW – Instead of attacking with Jacobs, the Giants line up with 4 WRs and Eli throws for over 350 yards in the victory.
Score: 28-17
Giants player of the Game: Eli Manning 356 yards, 4 TDs

DetroitL – What looked like a ‘gimme’ goes wrong for the giants. They simply can’t defend Roy Williams and Calvin Johnson
Score: 42 - 35
Giants player of the Game: Eli Manning 350 yards, 3 TDs

Minnesota W – Giants Defense runs all over the young QB
Score 17 - 3
Giants player of the Game: Aaron Ross, 5 tackles 2 INTs

ChicagoW – After last year’s meltdown, the Giants come back with fury. Corey Webster takes revenge on Grossman with 2 picks.
Score 24 - 13
Giants Player of the Game: Corey Webster 6 tackles, 2 INTs, 1 sack

PhiladelphiaW – Giants are on a roll at this point. McNabb is injured, again, and the Giants win big vs. the young QB.
Score: 28 - 10
Giants Player of the Game: Barry Cofield 9 tackles, 3 TFL, 1 sack, 1 FF

WashingtonW – Giants give Washington another taste of the unstoppable force known as Brandon Jacobs.
Score 17 - 7
Giants Player of the Game: Brandon Jacobs 130 yards 1 TD

BuffaloW – Giants shut down Marshawn Lynch and force Losman to beat them through the air. He can’t do that with only one decent reciever
Score 10 - 3
Giants player of the Game: Gibril Wilson 13 tackles 2 sacks

New EnglandW – Both teams have their division wrapped up and play their benches. Needless to say, Jared Lorenzen throws for 300 yards and rushes for 150 more leaving the Giants with a dilemma; Who to start in the playoffs.
Score: 49 - 45
Giants Player of the Game - Jared Lorenzen 450 total yards.

Record 11-5

Last edited by ricky bobby : 06-12-2007 at 10:24 AM.
ricky bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 10:32 AM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Green Bay
PHI-L-This game will be much closer than recent games between the two, but GB rushing attack will be downfall.

NYG-W-Driver/Jennings will get open easy against NYG secondary. CLifton and Tauscher are good enough to take on NYG's DEs.

SD-LGreen Bay's D-line is tested and fails.

MIN-W-Like in the NYG game, Driver/Jennings to have a big day. Welcome to the NFL AD. He and Taylor will get stuffed at the line.

CHI-L-GB still winless at home. The young team will compete, and come close.

WAS-WNo way GB loses 4 straight home games. Packers pull it off in close one.

DEN-L-Favre 3 INT's nuff said

KC-W-GB defense shuts down the run against a tired LJ, and KC has troubles passing.

MIN-W-Welcome to Lambeau AD.

CAR-L-Loss in a high scoring game.

DET-W-GB might give up lots of yards, but DET wont be able to stop GB WR's.

DAL-W-Botched snap by Romo gives GB the win. :)
GB will shutdown TO, and therefore most of the passing attack.

OAK-W-Has anyone picked OAK to win a game yet?

STL-L-This game could end up going into the 30's but Jaackson wins it for STL

CHI-W-Defense has come of age by now. SHutsdown Benson and forces Grosman to throw INT's.

DET-W-DET wont have anything to play for.

10-6 Wildcard

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 10:52 AM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Apparently everyone thinks their team will go 10-6/11-5...

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 10:53 AM    (permalink
ricky bobby
Pro Bowler

Location: Oh please give me a good reputation. I'm so concerned with what you think about me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
Not necessarily. As a Falcons fan, I think we'll go 2-14.
Old 06-12-2007, 10:55 AM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Really. I think the worst record I've seen so far is 8-8. Every team is playoff bound basically according to this.
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 10:56 AM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricky bobby View Post
Not necessarily. As a Falcons fan, I think we'll go 2-14.

Old 06-12-2007, 11:07 AM    (permalink
senormysterioso
Pro Bowler

senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

hope springs eternal this time of year
senormysterioso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 11:14 AM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mr. Stiller, the Bengals run D was top half in the league last year... Everything that could've went wrong did and we still managed 8-8. Losing Henry hurts but our schedule is easier, Kenny Irons will help to lessen that loss and Tab Perry will be back. If you think the Bengals won't figure into the AFCN race you're kidding yourself.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 12:12 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
*shrugs* What's wrong with being optimistic?
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 12:13 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I guess we can all say we're doing best case scenario

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 12:18 PM    (permalink
ricky bobby
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko4 View Post
I guess we can all say we're doing best case scenario
Best case scenario would be 16-0. I'm just being realistic. The guys that are bashing us for being optimistic are Falcons and Packer fans. They're bitter because they know their teams stink.
Old 06-12-2007, 12:21 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Quote:
Best case scenario would be 16-0. I'm just being realistic. The guys that are bashing us for being optimistic are Falcons and Packer fans. They're bitter because they know their teams stink.
That's hilarious. Nothing beats the 'they're just jealous' line. I personally think the Giants are destined for a top-5 pick. Even if Atlanta is bad, and they very may may be, they will be better than the Giants.

Old 06-12-2007, 12:21 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Funny that you think a team that went 8-8 last year (same as the Packers) is so amazing. How exactly did they get better this season?
Old 06-12-2007, 12:23 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moses View Post
Funny that you think a team that went 8-8 last year (same as the Packers) is so amazing. How exactly did they get better this season?
Um, they got... Steve Smith?

That's all I got.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Old 06-12-2007, 12:24 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboy View Post
Um, they got... Steve Smith?

That's all I got.
Yup...that was probably their biggest pickup.

They didn't lose much either. Just their two starting OLBs, LT, and a few backups I believe.
Old 06-12-2007, 12:25 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Uh they lost Tiki Barber, who was the only thing that kept them a float last year... Without him they would have been a 5-11 team last year.

Old 06-12-2007, 12:26 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I"ll just do a short one... For the lions

@ Oakland - I'm gonna say Lions win this one, JR is still a rookie and the Oakland offense didn't improve too much other than at QB, Don't expect a big score though, because the Raiders do have a good D. (1-0)

Minnesota - We're at home, they have a second year QB who's convinced nobody yet, other than AD little to be really scared about. I think we'll pull this one out (2-0) OMG A WINNING STREAK!!!

@ Philadelphia - Fun time stops here. Eagles are gonna make mince meat out of our secondary. (2-1)

Chicago - Yeah, the Bears... eh... (2-2)

@ Washington - Providing the O-Line can hold it's own and we avoid passing over the middle, we should be OK in this one. (3-2)

Tampa Bay - Hell why not win this one, let's have ourselfves another two-game win streak... (4-2)

@ Chicago - damn you! (4-3)

Denver - The real question isn't 'will we win?' it's 'how often will Champ intercept Kitna?', also Cutler will own our secondary (4-4)

@ Arizona - Anquan Boldin + Larry Fitzgerald - Our Secondary = Anquan Boldin & Larry Fitzgerald. Easiest math ever (4-5)

NY Giants - Me no like Eli. (5-5)

Green Bay - We could win this one, but since I cheated against NYG, let's call this a loss (5-6)

@ Minnesota - Well here either they lynched Tavaris and the void at QB will allow us to win, or he's proven to be a decent guy and they'll beat him. I opt for number one. (6-6)

Dallas - We're gonna win this one, easily, Dallas has no defense and their offense sucks (6-7) before the fangirls start to scream, look at the record
@ San Diego - Unless LT and Antonio Gates manage to fall of the face of the earth this is a no-brainer (6-8)

Kansas City - Ehm... who plays QB? Anyways aging Defense and a weakened O-line, I don't see the Chiefs win it. By the time this game comes by LJ has to tie his shoes around his knees since the rest has been sanded off by all the carries he's getting (7-8)

@ Green Bay - Eh... No, we won't have a winning record yet. Total bummer, but we didn't improve enough. (7-9)

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 12:27 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Quote:
Uh they lost Tiki Barber, who was the only thing that kept them a float last year... Without him they would have been a 5-11 team last year.
You're not playing the game right, Shiver. We're talking about how they improved. Silly.

Old 06-12-2007, 12:27 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Oh right, forgot about him. Don't worry though, they're a much better team now. They should have no trouble competing in a division with the Eagles and Cowboys.
Old 06-12-2007, 12:29 PM    (permalink
ricky bobby
Pro Bowler

Quote:
That's hilarious. Nothing beats the 'they're just jealous' line. I personally think the Giants are destined for a top-5 pick. Even if Atlanta is bad, and they very may may be, they will be better than the Giants.
That would be something wouldn't it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moses View Post
Last season they went 8-8 playing the hardest schedule in the NFL. They also lost half of their starters on defense, Our LT, and Eli's security blanket. So at the end of the season we had a 40 year old LT, 1 WR (Plaxico Burress, the rest of the guys did NOTHING), and a bunch of backups starting on defense. Heck, we had a DT starting at DE. We were 5-2, then the injuries sank in. At least we made the playoffs.

This year Eli will have 2 more WRs in Steve Smith and Sinorice Moss (if he can stay healthy). Brandon Jacobs and Droughns will split time in the backfield, don't worry about the loss of Tiki. We added a corner in Aaron Ross who can imediately start. We added depth and youth at every single position in case injuries strike again. This year, our schedule is much, much easier. I can easily see us winning 3 more games.
Old 06-12-2007, 12:34 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Quote:
That would be something wouldn't it?

Last season they went 8-8 playing the hardest schedule in the NFL. They also lost half of their starters on defense, Our LT, and Eli's security blanket. So at the end of the season we had a 40 year old LT, 1 WR (Plaxico Burress, the rest of the guys did NOTHING), and a bunch of backups starting on defense. Heck, we had a DT starting at DE. We were 5-2, then the injuries sank in. At least we made the playoffs.

This year Eli will have 2 more WRs in Steve Smith and Sinorice Moss (if he can stay healthy). Brandon Jacobs and Droughns will split time in the backfield, don't worry about the loss of Tiki. We added a corner in Aaron Ross who can imediately start. We added depth and youth at every single position in case injuries strike again. This year, our schedule is much, much easier. I can easily see us winning 3 more games.
Injuries happen. Most teams are ravaged by injuries. That's why backups are important. Where are you getting this "hardest schedule" from?

You have lost more than you have gained this year. I don't see how you think you'll be a much better team, especially when you consider you're playing in the same division as Dallas and Philadelphia.

You're depending on a rookie receiver and an unproven Sinorice Moss (5 receptions for 25 yards) to be upgrades at WR? Plaxico Burress is Mr. Inconsistentcy.

You lost your best player in Tiki Barber. He held that offence together. Jacobs and Droughns are decent but not in the same league as Tiki.

Aaron Ross is another unproven rookie. Maybe he'll start, maybe he won't. Either way, he won't be much of an upgrade (if he is at all) in his first season.

Who are your starting OLBs now? Who's your starting LT?
Old 06-12-2007, 12:34 PM    (permalink
steelernation77
Veteran

steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.

I'm seeing alot of people think that their teams are going to "dominate" or "route" or "sweep" the steelers but I have a really good feeling about this season, and I don't think it's gonna happen. The steelers tend to perform better when headed in to the season as underdogs and I think that a healthy Ben and a rejuvenated pass rush, and some new offensive formations could make this a whole different team from a year ago.

And the day that the #$@%ing Jets "dominate" us is the day I poop a horse.
Just because people are suddenly on your bandwagon doesn't mean you're in the upper tier of the NFL.

Last edited by steelernation77 : 06-12-2007 at 12:38 PM.
steelernation77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 12:46 PM    (permalink
ricky bobby
Pro Bowler

Injuries happen. Most teams are ravaged by injuries. That's why backups are important. Where are you getting this "hardest schedule" from?

Injuries happen, but what the giants went through last year with injuries was beyond compare, it was more like carnage. We shared the hardest schedule in the league with the Bengals going into the season.

You have lost more than you have gained this year. I don't see how you think you'll be a much better team, especially when you consider you're playing in the same division as Dallas and Philadelphia.

Dallas has a new coach, old WRs, and a QB that is less experienced than Eli. Philadelphia has McNabb, but his injuries and age may be slowing him down soon

You're depending on a rookie receiver and an unproven Sinorice Moss (5 receptions for 25 yards) to be upgrades at WR? Plaxico Burress is Mr. Inconsistentcy.

Sinorice Moss was one of the players that was injured last year with a bad quad. He saw very limited playing time. He has world class athleticism and if he can stay healthy, he'll contribute. Our WR corp. Plaxico, Toomer (consistant), Steve Smith, Sinorice Moss. That's better than what we finished with last year - Plaxico, Tim Carter, David Tyree.

You lost your best player in Tiki Barber. He held that offence together. Jacobs and Droughns are decent but not in the same league as Tiki.

Tiki was nothing spectacular physically. He was just a patient runner who used our Offensive line very well. A lot of his success can be accredited to our O-line and Jacobs will be inheriting 4 out of 5 of those linemen.

Aaron Ross is another unproven rookie. Maybe he'll start, maybe he won't. Either way, he won't be much of an upgrade (if he is at all) in his first season.

Our CBs sucked last year. McQuarters, Madison, and Webster. Two are old, and I think all of them were injured at some point. Ross won the award for the best D-back in the NCAA. He is 25 years old, experienced and I believe he will start day 1. He's a playmaker in the seconday, something we've been missing.

Who are your starting OLBs now? Who's your starting LT?

Starting OLBs will be Mathias Kiwanuka, converted DE who is just a freak of nature, and probably Kawika Mitchell. Kiwanuka will have to grow into the role, but his athleticism will help him with that. Mitchell will have to fight with Gerris Wilkinson and maybe Zach DeOssie to get the WLB spot. Our MLB is Antonio Pierce, probowler last year.