Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 06-12-2007, 01:48 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricky bobby View Post
Injuries happen. Most teams are ravaged by injuries. That's why backups are important. Where are you getting this "hardest schedule" from?

Injuries happen, but what the giants went through last year with injuries was beyond compare, it was more like carnage. We shared the hardest schedule in the league with the Bengals going into the season.

You have lost more than you have gained this year. I don't see how you think you'll be a much better team, especially when you consider you're playing in the same division as Dallas and Philadelphia.

Dallas has a new coach, old WRs, and a QB that is less experienced than Eli. Philadelphia has McNabb, but his injuries and age may be slowing him down soon

You're depending on a rookie receiver and an unproven Sinorice Moss (5 receptions for 25 yards) to be upgrades at WR? Plaxico Burress is Mr. Inconsistentcy.

Sinorice Moss was one of the players that was injured last year with a bad quad. He saw very limited playing time. He has world class athleticism and if he can stay healthy, he'll contribute. Our WR corp. Plaxico, Toomer (consistant), Steve Smith, Sinorice Moss. That's better than what we finished with last year - Plaxico, Tim Carter, David Tyree.

You lost your best player in Tiki Barber. He held that offence together. Jacobs and Droughns are decent but not in the same league as Tiki.

Tiki was nothing spectacular physically. He was just a patient runner who used our Offensive line very well. A lot of his success can be accredited to our O-line and Jacobs will be inheriting 4 out of 5 of those linemen.

Aaron Ross is another unproven rookie. Maybe he'll start, maybe he won't. Either way, he won't be much of an upgrade (if he is at all) in his first season.

Our CBs sucked last year. McQuarters, Madison, and Webster. Two are old, and I think all of them were injured at some point. Ross won the award for the best D-back in the NCAA. He is 25 years old, experienced and I believe he will start day 1. He's a playmaker in the seconday, something we've been missing.

Who are your starting OLBs now? Who's your starting LT?

Starting OLBs will be Mathias Kiwanuka, converted DE who is just a freak of nature, and probably Kawika Mitchell. Kiwanuka will have to grow into the role, but his athleticism will help him with that. Mitchell will have to fight with Gerris Wilkinson and maybe Zach DeOssie to get the WLB spot. Our MLB is Antonio Pierce, probowler last year.
That's all very nice, but there are FAR more questions than answers there. Giants could just as easily got 5-11 as they could go 11-5.
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 01:50 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hate that argument about the cowboys having old receivers... Both Owens and Glenn have shown no signs of slowing down... each caught 70 + passes last season and each finished with 1,000+ yards...

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 01:52 PM    (permalink
ricky bobby
Pro Bowler

Location: Oh please give me a good reputation. I'm so concerned with what you think about me!
ricky bobby hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moses View Post
That's all very nice, but there are FAR more questions than answers there. Giants could just as easily got 5-11 as they could go 11-5.
Well anyone can go anything in any year. Who would have thought the Steelers would stink last year? A prediction is nothing more than a prediction. I don't know why you and Shiver have your panties up in bunches over it.
ricky bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 01:54 PM    (permalink
ricky bobby
Pro Bowler

Location: Oh please give me a good reputation. I'm so concerned with what you think about me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
I hate that argument about the cowboys having old receivers... Both Owens and Glenn have shown no signs of slowing down... each caught 70 + passes last season and each finished with 1,000+ yards...
Then they are long overdue to slow down. If they were simply possesion recievers, i'd understand your point. But, one is a speed guy, another is a catch and plow people over guy. Those abilities tend to drastically decrease with age.
Old 06-12-2007, 02:00 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Well anyone can go anything in any year. Who would have thought the Steelers would stink last year? A prediction is nothing more than a prediction. I don't know why you and Shiver have your panties up in bunches over it.

Because you called us out.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 02:01 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Then they are long overdue to slow down. If they were simply possesion recievers, i'd understand your point. But, one is a speed guy, another is a catch and plow people over guy. Those abilities tend to drastically decrease with age.
Yes but, they have shown zero signs of slowing... Based on how they played and moved last season... I can't see a large drop off at all...if anything they should both put up better numbers. Terry still runs like a 25 year old... and T.O. always has his body in tip-top shape...both these guys still have a lot life in their legs. Age hasnt been an issue... I'm not worried until I start seeing some real signs and some kind of degression.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 06-12-2007, 02:07 PM    (permalink
ricky bobby
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver
Because you called us out.
I called you out because you called the rest of us out with the following comments.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
Apparently everyone thinks their team will go 10-6/11-5...
Quote:
Really. I think the worst record I've seen so far is 8-8. Every team is playoff bound basically according to this.
Old 06-12-2007, 02:08 PM    (permalink
ricky bobby
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Yes but, they have shown zero signs of slowing... Based on how they played and moved last season... I can't see a large drop off at all...if anything they should both put up better numbers. Terry still runs like a 25 year old... and T.O. always has his body in tip-top shape...both these guys still have a lot life in their legs. Age hasnt been an issue... I'm not worried until I start seeing some real signs and some kind of degression.
Yeah, but with stricter steriod testing... jk

How old are those guys btw?
Old 06-12-2007, 02:09 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
I called you out because you called the rest of us out with the following comments.
Because the predictions in this thread are mostly just people being homers...

Try analyzing a team that you don't cheer for and you'll find that your prediction is much more conservative.
Old 06-12-2007, 02:10 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

T.O. is currently 33 and Terry is 32.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 06-12-2007, 02:13 PM    (permalink
ricky bobby
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Because the predictions in this thread are mostly just people being homers...

Try analyzing a team that you don't cheer for and you'll find that your prediction is much more conservative.
Oh yeah? Try finding a fan that is completely unbiased. Other than yourself of course.
Old 06-12-2007, 02:14 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Oh yeah? Try finding a fan that is completely unbiased. Other than yourself of course.
That's why I said this thread had predictions that were unrealistic...
Old 06-12-2007, 02:16 PM    (permalink
ricky bobby
Pro Bowler

Quote:
That's why I said this thread had predictions that were unrealistic...
And how do you see the Packers doing???
Old 06-12-2007, 02:23 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

All homerism aside... 11-5 for the Cowboys, completely plausible.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 06-12-2007, 02:24 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Quote:
And how do you see the Packers doing???
Hard to say. They're the youngest team in the league so there's a lot of question marks:

-Will the young offensive line continue to improve?
-Will Greg Jennings play like he did pre-injury last year?
-Will a 3rd WR emerge as a legitimate target?
-Will a 3rd CB emerge as a legitimate nickelback?
-Will the combination of Morency and Jackson be good enough to establish a strong running game?
-Will Nick Collins build off his strong last few games or play like he did early in the season?
-Will the strong safety situation be improved?
-Will the Packers abysmal tight end play improve somehow even though it's now worse on paper?

Those are the main concerns the Packers have off the top of my head. They're depending on a lot of young players which is always a cause for concern. I think they'll end up answering a lot of those questions, but I would expect a few to be unanswered.

The Packers have the benefit of playing in the weak NFC, and specifically NFC North. Playing 4 games against the Vikings and Lions will definitely help their cause.

That said, the Packers still have a ton of question marks. Right now I think they could sneak into the playoffs if the Bears regress (which I think is a possibility). I'd slate the Packers somewhere around 7-9 wins at this point.
Old 06-12-2007, 02:26 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Hard to say. They're the youngest team in the league so there's a lot of question marks:

-Will the young offensive line continue to improve?
-Will Greg Jennings play like he did pre-injury last year?
-Will a 3rd WR emerge as a legitimate target?
-Will a 3rd CB emerge as a legitimate nickelback?
-Will the combination of Morency and Jackson be good enough to establish a strong running game?
-Will Nick Collins build off his strong last few games or play like he did early in the season?
-Will the strong safety situation be improved?
-Will the Packers abysmal tight end play improve somehow even though it's now worse on paper?

Those are the main concerns the Packers have off the top of my head. They're depending on a lot of young players which is always a cause for concern. I think they'll end up answering a lot of those questions, but I would expect a few to be unanswered.

The Packers have the benefit of playing in the weak NFC, and specifically NFC North. Playing 4 games against the Vikings and Lions will definitely help their cause.

That said, the Packers still have a ton of question marks. Right now I think they could sneak into the playoffs if the Bears regress (which I think is a possibility). I'd slate the Packers somewhere around 7-9 wins at this point.
You big meanie! I don't care if you're right

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 02:28 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addict View Post
You big meanie! I don't care if you're right
I'll probably end up eating my words when the Bears and Packers finish 3rd and 4th and the Lions and Vikings dominate the division.

Then again, maybe I won't. ;)
Old 06-12-2007, 02:31 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'll probably end up eating my words when the Bears and Packers finish 3rd and 4th and the Lions and Vikings dominate the division.

Then again, maybe I won't. ;)
Just you wait! and then wait some more! And then maybe a little more after that! But you'll see! Maybe... ugh who the hell am I kidding :(

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
Old 06-12-2007, 02:38 PM    (permalink
ricky bobby
Pro Bowler

Moses, you are extremely boring with your predictions. If every fan in the world was like you, we would have no message boards.
Old 06-12-2007, 02:39 PM    (permalink
ny10804
All-Pro

ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.

Detroit should sign Culpepper, let Martz go crazy, and have Calvin and Roy do go-patterns on every single play. Only then would they have a chance at winning the Norse.
Old 06-12-2007, 02:41 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Moses, you are extremely boring with your predictions. If every fan in the world was like you, we would have no message boards.
Boring with my predictions? I make realistic predictions aka I'm not a blind homer who only follows their own team. I love to see Green Bay win but that doesn't change the fact that I'm a fan of the LEAGUE, not just one team.
Old 06-12-2007, 02:43 PM    (permalink
ricky bobby
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Boring with my predictions? I make realistic predictions aka I'm not a blind homer who only follows their own team. I love to see Green Bay win but that doesn't change the fact that I'm a fan of the LEAGUE, not just one team.
Well isn't that all good and fun.
Old 06-12-2007, 02:44 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Quote:
he's right you know.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
Old 06-12-2007, 02:46 PM    (permalink
Ewing
Pro Bowler

Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.

at Jacksonville - Loss
Indianapolis - Win
at New Orleans- Loss
BYE
Atlanta- Win
at Tampa Bay - Loss
at Houston - Win
Oakland - Win
Carolina - Loss
Jacksonville - Win
at Denver - Loss
at Cincinnati - Win
Houston - Win
San Diego - Loss
at Kansas City - Loss
New York Jets - Loss
at Indianapolis - Loss

Record - 7-9, 3rd in the division behind the Colts and Jaguars
Ewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 03:20 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

@Cleveland - W-I don't think Cleveland is good enough just yet. Frye will still be QB and thats not good for Cleveland.

Buffalo - W - Not much talent in Buffalo right now and I'm expecting them to have a slow start. Plus its the home opener.

San Francisco - W - San Fran has alot of young talent and I'm expecting them to have a good year but playing @ Pittsburgh this early in the season could be a big problem for their young talent. Plus the Steelers defenses have been great against the run as was Tomlin's in Minnesota so the bruden of the game will be on Alex Smith.

@Arizona -W- Another team that has alot of young talent but I don't think makes the next step this year. Whisenhunt will be a great coach and will have that team in the playoffs very soon but I don't think this is his year. Leinart needs to develop more and the defense needs some help still.

Seattle -L- I'm expecting a big season out of Seattle. Last year they were killed by the injury bug and still had a decent season. Hasselbeck and ALexander both need to stay healthy and the defense needs to tackle better and thye'll have a great season.

@Denver -W- I don't have faith in Jay Cutler. Their defense wasn't great last season mainly because of their line. They got some help during the offseason but I'm still not expecting the defense to be dominant enough to win without Cutler playing great football.

@Cincinnati -L- Cincy has a very powerful offense and will be good again this year. Their defense has some good talents now and is a more serious threat than it has been in years past.

Baltimore -L- Baltimore is a great defense nad I don't think the Steelers did enough to upgrade their O-line to stop their blitzes.

Cleveland -W- A loss to Cleveland at home?

@N.Y. Jets -W- Theres just something about this team that I don't think they will be very good. Their 3-4 isn't complete enough to be a great defense. I don't think the Steelers will have a problem putting up points against them.

Miami -L- This team needs help badly. They need help along the O-line and on defense but they still took a reciever in the draft. Trent Green is not the answer at QB either.

Cincinnati -W- Steelers always seem to do better against a team the second time they play them. Plus this game is at home.

@New England -L- Steelers have had trouble with the Pats in the past and will likely continue. They are a stacked team this year and I'm expecting them to be dominant.

Jacksonville - W- This should be a great game as most of our matchups are hard nosed physical football. I give the Steelers the edge cause its at home.
@St. Louis - W- St. Louis isn't an incredibly talented team either. They have a weak defensive line and are pretty bad against the run. I can see Willie having a great day on the ground and bringing us the win.

@Baltimore -L- Sorry I just can't see us beating Baltimore @ Baltimore with the talent they have on defense. Maybe next year.

So thats 10-6. Hopefully good enough for a wildcard.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote