Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 06-12-2007, 02:24 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricky bobby View Post
I called you out because you called the rest of us out with the following comments.
As I should have. Everyone is acting like a homer. I needed to slap some sense into everyone. Just about every team is going 10-6 according to this thread, which is absurd.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 02:34 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
As I should have. Everyone is acting like a homer. I needed to slap some sense into everyone. Just about every team is going 10-6 according to this thread, which is absurd.
Mine went 9-7... which was still a positive prediction.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 03:02 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
Mr. Stiller, the Bengals run D was top half in the league last year... Everything that could've went wrong did and we still managed 8-8. Losing Henry hurts but our schedule is easier, Kenny Irons will help to lessen that loss and Tab Perry will be back. If you think the Bengals won't figure into the AFCN race you're kidding yourself.
I'm not saying they won't figure in..

But how is your schedule easier?

did you see your first 8 games?

@Baltimore, Cleveland, @Seattle, New England, Bye, @KC, NYJ, Pittsburgh, @Buffalo.

If CJ starts off slow again, it's very plausible that you guys could take 3rd place. That is a tough schedule to start out against, especially not having your big play guy.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/center]
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 03:08 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I would just like to Say...As a Steelers fan, we've only had 2 losing seasons since 1992.

In that span...
Divisional Winners: 8 times
Playoff Appearrances: 10 times
Playoff Wins: 12
Conference Championship appearances: 6
Superbowl Appearances: 2
Superbowl Wins: 1.

It's not completely crazy to think we have a chance at 10-6/12-4

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/center]
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 03:16 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Stiller View Post
I'm not saying they won't figure in..

But how is your schedule easier?

did you see your first 8 games?

@Baltimore, Cleveland, @Seattle, New England, Bye, @KC, NYJ, Pittsburgh, @Buffalo.

If CJ starts off slow again, it's very plausible that you guys could take 3rd place. That is a tough schedule to start out against, especially not having your big play guy.
That schedule really isn't as tough as you're trying to make it seem. A tough opener and a game against the NE Godsends, but Pitt and the Jets they have at home and Seattle is alright but defintely beatable. Bills, Cleveland, and Chiefs are just inferior teams, especially in the first half of the season.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 03:17 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Old 06-12-2007, 03:22 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkb528 View Post
It's probably your telent level that prevents that.

Anywho, the Buffalo Bills...

vs Denver: L, 0-1, Denver's my black horse to win the AFC. Cutler is only getting better, and Travis Henry is a great fit in their offense.
@ Pittsburgh: W, 1-1, Close contest, because I dont see Pittsburgh being as bad as last year, but I think our speedy wideouts give their secondary trouble.
@ New England: L, 1-2, Randy will own us.
vs New York Jets: W, 2-2 I see us splitting with the Jets. Their probably better, but I think we can get one at home.
vs Dallas: L, 2-3, Dallas isnt as good as their fans think they are, but I think we'll struggle against elite wideouts like TO and Moss.
vs Baltimore: L, 2-4, Willis is an asshat, but the Ravens are obviously a better team overall.
@ New York Jets: L, 2-5, They win one at their own place. These two games should be very close, I think.
vs Cincinatti: L, 2-6, Should be a high scoring game, but Cinci should come out on top.
@ Miami: W, 3-6, I like our defense to get to Green a lot, and the offense to have some good success.
vs New England: L, 3-7, Randy own us, again.
@ Jacksonville: W, 4-7, we beat them last season, and I think we match up well against this squad.
@ Washington: W, 5-7, I haven't seen too much out of Jason Campbell, and as long as we dont let Portis go bonkers, we can win this one.
vs Miami: W, 6-7, Miami in Buffalo in December spells a win for the home team.
@ Cleveland: W, 7-7, I like Cleveland's young talent, but I still think they'll be a bit overmatched.
vs New York Giants: L, 7-8, I think we could possibly win this one if the Giants dont do well in the post-Tiki era, and have already imploded by this point, but assuming they somehow manage not to underachieve, we lose.
@ Philidelphia: L, 7-9, Maybe they wrap the division up early and rest their starters and give us a free win...
That plays otu so much like a Bills season. Decent out of the gate, then the awful early-mid stretch, followed by a full powered turnaround nearing the end of the year and then just disappointing season ending games.
Our schedule is terribly hard this year, especially the early part of it. Doesn't look too good, but it should be a helluva-n experience for the youngsters. I can only hope that ends up being a good thing for them.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 03:24 PM    (permalink
frogstomp

Tiki Barber was a top 5 RB in the NFL the past couple years. I love how Giants fans were so quick to bash any list that didn't have him there, however, now that he's gone, he was "nothing special."
Old 06-12-2007, 03:26 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frogstomp View Post
Tiki Barber was a top 5 RB in the NFL the past couple years. I love how Giants fans were so quick to bash any list that didn't have him there, however, now that he's gone, he was "nothing special."
The calling card of homers.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 03:26 PM    (permalink
dbtb135
Rookie

dbtb135 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24cadillac24 View Post
Sears better than Joseph (Why do you refer to his first name and the others last?)???? Give me a break. Joseph is going to be dominant on that right side and Sears is completely unproven.
No, Sears/Petitgout better than Joseph/Trueblood. There's a bigger margin between Petitgout and Trueblood than there will be between Sears and Joseph IMO. Joseph was FAR from dominant last year, what makes you think he's going to improve so much, so quickly? He showed flashes, but probably wasn't even as good as Buenning was in 05 as a rookie. Sears is unproven, but so are a lot of rookies who are going to be starters. Doesn't mean you can't have expectations for them. I think Sears will be a solid guard for us this season, and only better down the line.
dbtb135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 03:40 PM    (permalink
frogstomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
6-10 overall. jay cutler wins the MVP award.

If the Broncos aren't at least .500 I'll set fire to my apartment.

Jets

New England - Loss - If we do beat them, it will be here due to their offense not quite clicking yet... however, I don't see it.

@Baltimore - Loss - We don't have the offense to match up against their defense. We play right into their style, and unless Penny magically exchanges shoulders and get one that isn't as strong as my 2 year old nephew's, we're done her.

Miami - Win - Yeah, I don't see Miami having such a great year. They could win, however, if Ginn breaks off a couple of punt return TD's...

@Buffalo - Win - A tougher game than Miami... I'm being positive here, however a home and home split isn't very unlikely. I'm just hoping we can contain Evans, and squeak out a win.

@N.Y. Giants - Win - The Giants offense relies pretty much on Eli now. See: any game where the offense has had to rely on Eli. That shall be their season.

Philadelphia - Loss - If McNabb is still playing, we lose. If he is done, we win. I'm assuming he'll still be healthy.

@Cincinnati - Loss - Their offense will rip us apart.

Buffalo - Win - I am more confident in this one because we're at home. We can do it!

Washington - Win - Haha, Washington. Unless Portis tears us apart, which is possible, we should win.

Pittsburgh - Loss- I just feel like Willie is going to have a big day here, although the game will be close. I don't think Pitt has the power to really beat anyone up anymore, and we'll see how the transition do 4-3 goes.

@Dallas - Loss - Don't see us winning in Dallas against a better team.

@Miami - Win - This one will be one on a last minute field goal. A very close, very physical game.

Cleveland - Win - I simply believe we're the better team.

@New England - Loss - They're better than us, and at home.

@Tennessee - Loss - Vince has a big day, and we're unable to capitalize on the mistakes he does make.

Kansas City - Win - I dunno... I'm thinking LJ will be tired be here, and with both teams not in the playoff picture, we'll have more desire to finish at least .500.

8-8
Old 06-12-2007, 03:51 PM    (permalink
TheChampIsHere
Veteran

TheChampIsHere hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Raiders

Week 1 v Detroit Lions - The two worst teams in the league last year match up week 1 this year but the Raiders get the homefield advantage and we should be able to keep their offense quiet and get our running game going.
W, 1-0

Week 2 @ Denver Broncos - A tough matchup for us, our D might be able to keep us in the game, but our offense will struggle.
L, 1-1

Week 3 v Cleveland Browns - The Browns look like they could be a much improved team, especially on offense, and theres a good chance Brady Quinn could be the starter by now. However, I still think our D could cause some real problems for their offense and our O can do enough to win us this game.
W, 2-1

Week 4 @ Miami Dolphins - Miami will likely have one of the worst offenses in the league, our DL should dominate the line of scrimmage and we have the coverage units to lock down their passing game and force Trent Green out of his comfort zone. Against another weak defense, our O can keep turnovers to a minimum and put up a few points en route to a big road win.
W, 3-1

Week 5, Bye, Sit back and enjoy the 3-1 record becuse the going gets a lot tougher

Week 6 @ San Diego Chargers, As usual LT, Gates, Rivers and the gang are too much for our defense to keep locked down and our OL cant handle their front 7 as our offense struggles. Raiders get brought back down to earth.
L, 3-2

Week 7 v Kansas City Chiefs - Raiders defense has the challenge of stopping LJ, but with the Chiefs OL not what it was the Raiders toughen up and do it decently and slap Asoumugha on Bowe and Huff on Gonzalez, which works effectively. Against a weak DL, the Raiders OL is in control and the offense starts moving. Behind the home crowd, the Raiders get it done.
W, 4-2

Week 8 @ Titans - Raiders gameplan to stop Vince Young and we have the athletes to do it. Titans cant get their running game going and the Raiders control the pace of the game and come thru with a big road win.
W, 5-2

Week 9 v Houston Texans - The Texans come to Oakland to meet our stiffling defense as our pass-rush gives Schaub big problems all day long and we aggressively attack their porous defense to get our most convincing win of the year.
W, 6-2

Week 10 v Chicago Bears - Once again the Raiders are brought down to earth. Our OL gets manhandled by Tommie Harris and the gang as we take a beating.
L, 6-3

Week 11 @ Minnesota Vikings - Adrian Peterson comes up with a big day against a tired Raider defense and the Raiders offensive woes continue and the Raiders are dealt a tough loss.
L, 6-4

Week 12 @ Chiefs - The assualt on the tired Raider defense continues as LJ comes up with a big game and the Chiefs control the pace of the game.
L, 6-5

Week 13 @ Green Bay Packers - The Raiders come to Green Bay facing a Packer team much in need of a win as they attempt a late season run to get in the playoffs and fail to shut down a motivated Favre and a tough GB defense keeps the Raiders O in check.
L, 6-6

Week 14 v Denver Broncos - A Raider team in the midst of a late season collapse faces their biggest rival but they are up to the challenge as the Raider defense come thru with a dominating performance and the Raiders pull out a tough win in front of the home crowd.
W, 7-6

Week 15 v Indianapolis Colts - The superbowl champions come into town and do exactly what is expected of them against the Raiders.
L, 7-7

Week 16 @ Jacksonville - The Jaguars, fighting for a playoff spot, play stingy defense and come up with enough big plays on offense to win the game.
L, 7-8

Week 17 v San Diego Chargers - The Chargers come into town but do not rest their starters and their dominance of the Raiders continues as we fail to find an answer for Merriman, Jamal Williams, LT, Gates and the crew.
L, 7-9

Overall, 7-9, a solid year for the Raiders as Kiffin tries to get the team back on track. The easy schedule outside of the AFC West helps.
TheChampIsHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 03:57 PM    (permalink
steelernation77
Veteran

steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.

Quote:
Pittsburgh - Loss- I just feel like Willie is going to have a big day here, although the game will be close. I don't think Pitt has the power to really beat anyone up anymore, and we'll see how the transition do 4-3 goes.
I'll tell you exactly how the transition goes, it's not happening.
steelernation77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 04:00 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
New York Giants

Record 11-5
Quote:
Best case scenario would be 16-0. I'm just being realistic. The guys that are bashing us for being optimistic are Falcons and Packer fans. They're bitter because they know their teams stink.
Dear god, how did I miss this. Who needs professional comedians when Giants fans think 11-5 is realistic. Homerism in pure solid gold form, I love it.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 04:00 PM    (permalink
frogstomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelernation77 View Post
I'll tell you exactly how the transition goes, it's not happening.
*shrug*, even without it, you've lost a lot of key players in the past while.

I had us losing, anyways, so it's no skin off my back.
Old 06-12-2007, 04:04 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
I really don't expect us to lose to Washington or New York, and Dallas is a toss-up but I'd never EXPECT or PREDICT a loss to Dallas. That would be UnEaglelike.
So Eagles fans are unrealistic homers that see the league through filtered glasses. Interesting, and good to know.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 06-12-2007, 04:05 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
exactly. if he was still on their team they would still say he is top 5.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 04:06 PM    (permalink
steelernation77
Veteran

steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.

Quote:
*shrug*, even without it, you've lost a lot of key players in the past while.

I had us losing, anyways, so it's no skin off my back.
I'm not really seeing the key players. Porter is not near the player he was. I fully expect Woodley and Timmons to more than make up for his absence. Hartings had no knees anymore and could not handle the inside rush.
Old 06-12-2007, 04:08 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelernation77 View Post
I'm not really seeing the key players. Porter is not near the player he was. I fully expect Woodley and Timmons to more than make up for his absence. Hartings had no knees anymore and could not handle the inside rush.
Sean Mahan is absolute garbage. Any starting C would be an upgrade over him, knees or no knees. Timmons only has one year of starting college experience and it is unlikely for him to make a significant contribution outside of special teams as a rookie.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 06-12-2007, 04:14 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
HA! 11-5 for my team, SIR!
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 04:25 PM    (permalink
steelernation77
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post
Sean Mahan is absolute garbage. Any starting C would be an upgrade over him, knees or no knees. Timmons only has one year of starting college experience and it is unlikely for him to make a significant contribution outside of special teams as a rookie.
Well Kendall Simmons,Chukki Okobi and Marvin Philip are all competing with him for the center job. I think that Woodley could make a bigger impact than Timmons this year because word out of OTAs is he is learning the LOLB spot very quickly and it is a position that a rookie can make an instant impact at, because it is mainly rushing the QB and there isn't much pass responsibility. Clark Haggans is slow and not an impact player and I think Woodley could take over his spot by midseason. Timmons might take longer because he is being asked to do more but in the meantime James Harrison has shown that he is perfectly capable of starting.
Old 06-12-2007, 04:32 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ok I'm going to clear things up for all the homerism coming from Giants fans.
Tiki Barber was 60% of our offense, yes, he was definately the best player on our team, he is very hard to replace.

I think that it will hit us badly but not enough for us to go down as far as 5-11, but a more likely prediction is 6-10 to 9-7, we definately have a much easier schedule compared to last year, and last year injuries took out Petitgout, Strahan, Umenyuria, Madison, Webster, Toomer, Sinorice Moss, Shockey for a bit, tiki messed up his hand, Lavar Arrington, and Gibril was playing with a casted foot, now all of those players (except Moss). These players were our leaders and pretty much all of our best players at each position.

Im not saying that we won't be struck by injuries, just that it is not as likely to occur as badly as this. Also Eli is good on and off, but he showed flashes, and maybe with a better group of wideouts he can do better. Jacobs was a monster, he ripped of huge gains, but not as much as tiki, I don't think he'll be a top 5 rusher in the NFL next season, probably top 10.

Overall Prediction: 8-8

L -at Dallas
W -GREEN BAY
W -at Washington
W -PHILADELPHIA
L-NEW YORK JETS
W-at Atlanta
L-SAN FRANCISCO
W-at Miami (London)
L-DALLAS
L-at Detroit
W-MINNESOTA
L-at Chicago
L-at Philadelphia
W-WASHINGTON
W-at Buffalo
L-NEW ENGLAND

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 04:34 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Tiki Barber will be missed, no doubt. He's departure will definately hurt the giants. BUT i love all the "top 5-10 pick" talk. The Giants have nothing flashy on O, but with a new OC, wont ask Eli to do it all. He'll have a SOLID power run game in Jacobs and Droughns. I'd love to come out and say Jacobs will rush for 1500+ yards and 10+ TD's, but honestly i have no idea what he'll do as the starter. Hopefully our new OC will learn to use Shockey, a top 3 receving TE, and use a power style game. Plus the Giants D, adding by subtracting(Lewis, Emmons) will do well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 05:11 PM    (permalink
JK17
Pro Bowler

JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.

Okay I'll do one for the Chargers...and try to be realistic...

Chicago Bears- W, The Bolts get to play at home and open up with the taste of defeat from the playoffs stlil strong in their mouths.

@ New England- L, Every part of me wants to say we win this game, but I can't say we do, especially in New England, it would have to much bias in it. I would certainly not be shcoked if we did pull it out though.

@ Green Bay - W, Simply put we are a better team. They can't account for all the weapons, or protect Favre and company from the defense.

Kansas City Chiefs- W, Kansas City sometimes gives us problems, but playing at home, and with the QB uncertainty, plus a relatively weak defense, I still have to give the edge to San Diego.

@ Denver- L, I think the Chargers are a better team then Denver, but they are going to be caught sleeping after coming off a big win against a divisional rival. On the road, the Chargers drop a game they should have won.

Oakland Raiders- W, We are a better team, even better coached then they are, with Norv Turner. We don't lose this game at home.

BYE

Houston Texans - W, Coming fresh off a bye weak, the Chargers don't blow a game at home to the Texans and Matt Schaub.

@ Minnesota- W, The Vikings again, are not as good of a team, and San Diego shouldn't have difficult time pulling off this win. They may drop this game though, depending on how they are playing lately, and how they prepare on the road.

Indianapolis Colts -W, They keep the winning streak going, although it is a nail-biter. I only give them the edge hear because they are playing at home, otherwise I would probably lean the other way. At around this point in the season last year, the Colts dropped a few games they should have won.

@ Jacksonville-L, Clearly a better team then Jacksonville, but making the cross-country flight won't fare well for them. They did it two years ago when they could've got playoffs, but lost to a weak Miami team and blew it.

Baltimore Ravens - W, The Bolts will rebound from their last loss, and bring it to the Ravens at home, as they look to start wrapping up the division. This game could be lost easily though, both teams are top five in the NFL, very similar to the Colts game, I give it to the home team.

@ Kansas City - W, Still just a better team then the Chiefs, who may have recently made a QB change at this point in the season, the Bolts finally break win a game @ Arrowhead, though this could be another trap game.

@ Tennessee -W, San Diego Wins, they are a better team, and won't fall on the road to Tenn., with the divisional race closing down.

Detroit Lions -W, The Lions may give them trouble, but its to early to annoit CJ, and until proven otherwise, Jammer can handle Roy Williams well enough for the Chargers to take the rest of the offense out of the game. The defense doesn't have much.

Denver Broncos-W, Chargers beat the Broncs at home, and wrap up the division. Cutler gives them a scare at the end, but the defense plays inspired and takes it home.

@ Oakland -W, The Chargers get home-field advantage now (as a #2 Seed), and play all their starters. It's no contest.

That puts their record at 13-3. I know everyone is being accused of homerism in this thread, but personally I don't think that is ridiculous. 13-3 is probably optimistic, but the Chargers are a top three team, its not absurd they could hit that mark. The only losses I can conceive and haven't mentioned would the Baltimore and Indy games, and maybe a game @ KC., which still leaves a 10-6 game if all goes bad. I still threw two games in their that we "lost" and could easily win, so I don't feel its unfair.
JK17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 05:11 PM    (permalink
ncstateviking
Rookie

ncstateviking hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

i really dont think people are being as bad of homers as some people are making them out to be. i think the packers and giants only loss in the offseason, so them getting more than 8 wins would be a reach. but i think now, before the season starts, the jets, steelers, cowboys, eagles, ravens etc...most of the teams that have been posted...could finish with 10 or more wins.

sure some of them will underachieve. some other teams will overachieve. and injuries will change the whole landscape. but the really bad teams arent being done. and i think on paper these teams have the potential to do as well as people are hoping.
ncstateviking is offline   Reply With Quote