Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Mock Drafts

Mock Drafts A Place to Post and Discuss Your Own Mock Drafts

Old 12-08-2006, 12:17 PM    (permalink
jbombul
Rookie

jbombul hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.jbombul hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default *new mock with current draft standings*

kinda shaky first mock this year but i like it

1. Detroit (2-10)-Brady Quinn QB Notre Dame

2. Oakland (2-10)-Adrian Peterson RB Oklahoma

3. Arizona (3-9) -Joe Thomas OT Wisconsin

4. Tampa Bay (3-9)-Calvin Johnson WR Georgia Tech

5. Green Bay (4-8)-Marshawn Lynch RB Cal

6. Washington (4-8)-Gaines Adams DE Clemson

7. Houston (4-8)-Alan Branch DT michigan

8. Cleveland (4-8)-Jake Long OT Michigan

9. Minnesota (5-7)Justin Blalock OL Texas

10. St. Louis (5-7)Lamar Woodley DE Michigan

11. San Francisco (5-7)-Leon Hall CB Michigan

12. Miami (5-7)-Quentin Moses DE Georgia

13. Pittsburgh (5-7)- Paul Poslunzky LB Penn St.

14. Buffalo (5-7)-Ted Ginn Jr. WR Ohio State

15. Tennessee (5-7-)-Dewayne Jarret WR USC

16. Atlanta (6-6)-Laron Landry S Lsu

17. Carolina (6-6)-Jamarcus RusselQB LSU

18. Philadelphia (6-6)-Patrick Willis LB Ole miss

19. NY Giants (6-6)-Antoine Cason CB arizona

20. NY Jets (7-5) Levi Brown Ot Penn St.

21. Kansas City (7-5)-Amobi Okoye Dt Louisville

22. Jacksonville (7-5)-Victor Abiamiri DE Notre Dame

23. Denver (7-5)-Reggie Nelson S Florida

24. Cincinnati (7-5) Tom Zbikowski S Notre Dame

25. New England (from Seattle) (8-4) Jeff Samardzija Wr Notre Dame

26. Dallas (8-4)-Quinn Pitock DT Ohio State

27. New Orleans (8-4)-Darrelle Revis CB pittsburgh

28. Baltimore (9-3)-Josh Beekman OG Boston College

29. New England (9-3)-Buster Davis LB Florida St

30. San Diego (10-2)-Marcus McCauley-CB Fresno St.

31. Chicago (10-2)- Greg Olsen TE Miami
32. Indianapolis (10-2)-Frank Okem-DT Texas
jbombul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 12:24 PM    (permalink
FloridaFootball
Veteran

FloridaFootball hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.FloridaFootball hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I vote B.

I like gaines adams pick. I'm just hoping that we trade down and get some draft picks back.
Old 12-08-2006, 12:53 PM    (permalink
therock6000
Veteran

therock6000 could make a wolverine purr.therock6000 could make a wolverine purr.therock6000 could make a wolverine purr.therock6000 could make a wolverine purr.therock6000 could make a wolverine purr.therock6000 could make a wolverine purr.

cleveland just gave schaefer a big contract to play LT, so not sure if they'd dump even more money into the position (although i really like jake long). blalock is good, but not sure if he's top 10 material. not sure about ted ginn to buffalo...they've already got a ton of speed with lee evans and roscoe parrish, maybe a bigger targer would make more sense. zbikowski as a 1st rounder is a major stretch. i'll give it a B for effort...

I had a dream that Brady Quinn was rollin' with Omarosa in a 1987 LeSabre
therock6000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 02:03 PM    (permalink
remix 6
Pro Bowler

remix 6 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

and Pats would pass on Revis and McCauley to take a WR ..position we dont need..why?

please..englighten me why we would pass on CBs to take a WR who isnt commited and its not a position we need in rnd 1
remix 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 03:23 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We can address saftey later. I'd much rather see Okam at our spot or a DE.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 03:41 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Bills would take Jarrett over Ginn.

Ginn is 6'0"
Jarrett is 6'5"

We need a big possession type receiver. The answer would be Jarrett

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Bills2083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 03:41 PM    (permalink
packerpro42
Rookie

packerpro42 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I highly doubt that the Raiders would take Peterson after Jordan played good for them the previous year and if I'm not wrong they gave him an extension. They wouldn't pass on Calvin Johnson here. Give Peterson to the Packers and it's a pretty solid draft.
Old 12-08-2006, 04:07 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

definitely would rather have Jarrett over Ginn
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 06:44 PM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by packerpro42
I highly doubt that the Raiders would take Peterson after Jordan played good for them the previous year and if I'm not wrong they gave him an extension. They wouldn't pass on Calvin Johnson here. Give Peterson to the Packers and it's a pretty solid draft.
good reasoning.but the raiders have had great duos at rb before.like Jackson/Allen, Kaufman/Wheatley, and Wheatley/Garner.not that unlikely.especially with Fagas as a Fa after this year.
Old 12-08-2006, 08:19 PM    (permalink
kyle6

The Chargers drafted a CB 1st round last year... Top needs in no particuliar order: FS, ILB, OG, WR.
Old 12-08-2006, 08:22 PM    (permalink
BrownsTown
All-Pro

BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by therock6000
cleveland just gave schaefer a big contract to play LT, so not sure if they'd dump even more money into the position (although i really like jake long). blalock is good, but not sure if he's top 10 material. not sure about ted ginn to buffalo...they've already got a ton of speed with lee evans and roscoe parrish, maybe a bigger targer would make more sense. zbikowski as a 1st rounder is a major stretch. i'll give it a B for effort...
Shaffer has been horrid, chances are he'll end up a guard, with Nat Dorsey as the RT, and Long at LT along with Coleman/Shaffer/Sowells rotating at guard isn't bad to put around Bentley. Not bad.
BrownsTown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 10:13 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't like the Steelers pick. I don't think Poz is meant to be a 3-4 linebacker.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 10:25 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

CJ would be a great addition to a very ordinary Bucs Offense

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 10:29 PM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.
Default Re: *new mock with current draft standings*

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbombul

never
The Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 10:35 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ravens would take Marcus McCauley over Josh Beekman.
Old 12-08-2006, 10:37 PM    (permalink
Crow
Pro Bowler

Crow hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by packerpro42
Jordan was given no extension. He signed a backloaded 5 year deal that leaves open the possibility of dumping him after next year with minimal cap implications.
Crow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 10:47 PM    (permalink
Crow
Pro Bowler

Crow hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Re: *new mock with current draft standings*

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Legend
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbombul

never
No reason to think that we wouldn't take him. Jordan is nothing special. At this point, it's likely between him and CJ.
Crow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 03:07 AM    (permalink
kazkal
Rookie

kazkal hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ
We can address saftey later. I'd much rather see Okam at our spot or a DE.

We can address safety later,but if it's on a talent you can't just pass we could still take one rnd 1....that being said horrible pick only guys worth it would be landry,nelson or griffin.
Old 12-09-2006, 09:53 AM    (permalink
21ST
Pro Bowler

21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Redskins dont draft DE's and if we did we wouldnt get one that cant stop the run
21ST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 11:01 AM    (permalink
familyguy555
Pro Bowler

familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Good pick for Lions. A

sig made by BoneKrusher
familyguy555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 12:01 PM    (permalink
GaMeTiMe
Veteran

GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

E?
GaMeTiMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 12:29 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

5 is too high to pick Lynch.
Old 12-09-2006, 07:15 PM    (permalink
gregoreo22

Packers would not reach for Lynch there if Landry, Ginn and Jarrett are still there. We could trade back 5 spots and still get Lynch if we actually wanted him. But RB actually isn't a #1 need right now. It's FS.
Old 12-09-2006, 07:52 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think that a lot of Tampa Bay fans got off reading that Mock.

I think CJ will end up in Oakland though, since Moss and Porter are on their way out.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 08:32 PM    (permalink
rchrd
Veteran

rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I dont like the idea of the Vikings going OL with their dire need for skill position players but im not going to say it wont happen as my crystal ball is currently in the shop. It's been there since it told me to take Culpepper as a fantasy QB this year...I know I know the mere suggestion should have been basis to destroy it but it's a crystal ball!!!

......... :shock: