Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 06-15-2007, 02:37 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Damn. Only one Falcon? And Hall did not play that much man either...does he watch him play?

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 03:31 PM    (permalink
MasterShake
Rookie

MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCJ58 View Post
Steven Jackson is way before Frank Gore and Andre Johnson is not b4 Torry Holt
While I agree Jackson is a great back and too low on the list, he is not clearly better than Frank Gore. When Jackson runs against 8 in the box for an entire season and averages 5.4 yards per carry....then I will put him head and shoulders above Gore, until then....I think they are very close.

Last edited by MasterShake : 06-15-2007 at 03:57 PM.
MasterShake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 03:54 PM    (permalink
jkpigskin
Pro Bowler

jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth Criminal View Post
I don't like that list at all. Theres alot of young guys that have really only had 1 good season or so and I think they are ranked way to high. PLus it has the most overrated player in the league (Ray Lewis) on it and thats enough to ruin it.
wtf do you have against ray?

Go Ravens!
jkpigskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 03:56 PM    (permalink
Phrost

No Bucs eh?
Old 06-15-2007, 04:16 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

At least one Packer should be on there, either Kampmann or Harris.
Old 06-15-2007, 04:22 PM    (permalink
MasterShake
Rookie

MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
on the other hand, one could say "this is a discussion when frank gore has done it for more than a single nfl season".
I agree with that thought when talking about placement in the top 50, but when comparing Gore and Jackson....Jackson has only played an an elite level for 1 year as well.
Old 06-15-2007, 04:26 PM    (permalink
ncstateviking
Rookie

ncstateviking hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

i agree. vilma is a top 20 player in a 43. until he shows he can adjust this year i dont think he warrants the top 50.

however, kerry rhodes is a much better saftery than polamolu. if he didnt have that hair and have been on a superbowl team, people wouldnt overrate him so much.

also, the reason there isnt alot of steelers on the list is because none of them are that good. every player on the steelers is a solid servicable pro. thats how they won a superbowl and thats also why none are on the list. how many superstars are on the steelers though? none.
ncstateviking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 04:48 PM    (permalink
MasterShake
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
*shrug*

2 1000-yard seasons, 2 seasons over 40 catches, both years >10 TDs... granted he's only been amazing for one year, but that's still two years of solid production. meh, not that i think jackson is hands down better (at this point, next season will tell a lot), but i can see why someone might argue that he is.
Yeah, it can be argued that Jackson is better, but it can also be argued that Gore is better. Thats pretty much my point hehe.
Old 06-15-2007, 04:49 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I disagree with a lot of this list. There are players with 1 or 0 pro bowl seasons and Gonzalez isn't even really a top tight end anymore, he's just good now, just to name a few of my gripes.

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 04:56 PM    (permalink
Ewing
Pro Bowler

Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncstateviking View Post
however, kerry rhodes is a much better saftery than polamolu. if he didnt have that hair and have been on a superbowl team, people wouldnt overrate him so much.
When Rhodes does it for more than a year then I'll put him ahead of Polamalu. Rhodes is good but he's not as good as Polamalu.
Ewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 05:00 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wheres Brian Dawkins? Kerry Rhodes had 1 good year and all of a sudden he's better than Dawkins? Sean Taylor shouldn't even be ahead of him.
Old 06-15-2007, 05:01 PM    (permalink
Ewing
Pro Bowler

Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
Wheres Brian Dawkins? Kerry Rhodes had 1 good year and all of a sudden he's better than Dawkins? Sean Taylor shouldn't even be ahead of him.
Woah, you're right. I just noticed Dawkins isn't on the list yet Sean Taylor is. I'd have Dawkins in the top fifteen.
Ewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 05:05 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Where on god's green earth is Aaron Kampman?

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 05:11 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkpigskin View Post
wtf do you have against ray?
He is a Steelers fan that is probably why.
Old 06-15-2007, 05:25 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

also no casey hampton

this list is wack
Old 06-15-2007, 05:39 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There is not one article I would ever read that has "http://cbs.sportsline.com" in the url.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 06:13 PM    (permalink
kalbears13
Pro Bowler

Location: The difference between a child's toy and an adult toy
kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No Browns? For some reason I'm not surprised...
Old 06-15-2007, 07:16 PM    (permalink
ncstateviking
Rookie

ncstateviking hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

steelers fans think every player on their team should be in the top 50. parker, ward, hampton, troy. what about faneca and big ben guys? evidently every player on their team is the best at their position.
ncstateviking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 07:22 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncstateviking View Post
steelers fans think every player on their team should be in the top 50. parker, ward, hampton, troy. what about faneca and big ben guys? evidently every player on their team is the best at their position.

ya your dumb

hampton,parker,and troy is one of the best at their position
Old 06-15-2007, 07:27 PM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, although I disagree with a lot of this list as well, I think it's important to realize that 50 players averages out to about one and a half per team. Some teams will have 3, and some teams will have 0. No way should a guy like Willie Parker be considered among the top 50 players, imo. He isn't even among the very best at his position. Neither is Ward. Unless you think there are a dozen WR's among the top 50 players in the game.
Old 06-15-2007, 07:30 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A distinct lack of Buccaneers on that list. I think Ronde Barber deserves his name being thrown out there, maybe even Derrick Brooks.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 07:31 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckseason View Post
Yeah, although I disagree with a lot of this list as well, I think it's important to realize that 50 players averages out to about one and a half per team. Some teams will have 3, and some teams will have 0. No way should a guy like Willie Parker be considered among the top 50 players, imo. He isn't even among the very best at his position. Neither is Ward. Unless you think there are a dozen WR's among the top 50 players in the game.

number 5 in the league and he aint one of the best at his position

also 2 straight 1000 yard seasons and he was an undrafted free agent
Old 06-15-2007, 07:51 PM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HinesWardJr View Post
number 5 in the league and he aint one of the best at his position

also 2 straight 1000 yard seasons and he was an undrafted free agent
Oh, I certainly agree that he is a very good RB. The fact that he rose up out of oblivion is also very impressive. I just don't believe he is a first-tier back. There are guys who are clearly better, and a whole slew of others who people will argue are better than Parker. Let me remind you of some of the Backs that currently grace NFL fields across the country-

Tomlinson
L. Johnson
S. Jackson
Westbrook
Gore
R. Johnson
Portis
Alexander
R. Brown
Caddy
McAllister
Dunn
McGahee
Maroney
Jones-Drew
F.Taylor
T. Jones
James
Bush
Addai

There's 20 off the top of my head. I'm sure I'm forgetting a few. Not saying they are all better than Parker, I'm just saying that there are people who would argue for a lot of them. Sure Parker posted good production last year as the Steelers full time back, but that doesn't mean others wouldn't be just as capable in a similar situation. Do you think Adrian Peterson couldn't walk into Heinz field and claim the starting job almost immediately? I don't see how anybody other than a Steeler fan could sit there and claim Parker as one of the 5 best RB's in the game today. Do the steelers have a top 5 Running game? Probably. That's their bread and butter. But Parker is one cog in a big-ass well-established wheel. Easily replaceable.
Old 06-15-2007, 07:56 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckseason View Post
Oh, I certainly agree that he is a very good RB. The fact that he rose up out of oblivion is also very impressive. I just don't believe he is a first-tier back. There are guys who are clearly better, and a whole slew of others who people will argue are better than Parker. Let me remind you of some of the Backs that currently grace NFL fields across the country-

Tomlinson
L. Johnson
S. Jackson
Westbrook
Gore
R. Johnson
Portis
Alexander
R. Brown
Caddy
McAllister
Dunn
McGahee
Maroney
Jones-Drew
F.Taylor
T. Jones
James
Bush
Addai

There's 20 off the top of my head. I'm sure I'm forgetting a few. Not saying they are all better than Parker, I'm just saying that there are people who would argue for a lot of them. Sure Parker posted good production last year as the Steelers full time back, but that doesn't mean others wouldn't be just as capable in a similar situation. Do you think Adrian Peterson couldn't walk into Heinz field and claim the starting job almost immediately? I don't see how anybody other than a Steeler fan could sit there and claim Parker as one of the 5 best RB's in the game today. Do the steelers have a top 5 Running game? Probably. That's their bread and butter. But Parker is one cog in a big-ass well-established wheel. Easily replaceable.

now i dont wanna sound like a homer but i would only take
lt
lj
gore
jackson
portis
and debatable rudi over willie. see willie is somethin that pitt fans have not expierenced yet. people complain about him cuz hes not the type of back that the steelers need. actually he is. u may be able to replace him but not the speed. i expect willie, with the new offence, to post better numbers this season, but all in all this is jsut my opinion
Old 06-15-2007, 07:58 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1. Lt
2. Lj
3. Sj
4. Fg
5. Sa

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote