Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 06-15-2007, 09:00 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HinesWardJr View Post
number 5 in the league and he aint one of the best at his position

also 2 straight 1000 yard seasons and he was an undrafted free agent
1000yds seasons are not as impressive as they used to be, and him being undrafted is pretty much irrelevant in the context of this list. Even though last season he was just beastly, 1500yds and 10+ td's, the person making the list probably had other variables that they looked for. What it could be I don't know. But you and Willi will live. It's one list, no big deal.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 09:07 PM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HinesWardJr View Post
now i dont wanna sound like a homer but i would only take
lt
lj
gore
jackson
portis
and debatable rudi over willie. see willie is somethin that pitt fans have not expierenced yet. people complain about him cuz hes not the type of back that the steelers need. actually he is. u may be able to replace him but not the speed. i expect willie, with the new offence, to post better numbers this season, but all in all this is jsut my opinion
Yeah I hear you. You love your team, and you couldn't imagine giving up Parker for somebody else. When rating him, you naturally place him at the top of the list of guys that it's debatable whether they're better or not. Trust me, his speed is replaceable. There are a ton of very quick backs in this league right now. Running Back is probably the deepest position in the league. There is a surplus for sure. I think a guy like DeAngelo Williams or Jerious Norwood would be absolutely studly as the Steelers full time back. I think a lot of guys would. I don't mean to minimize Parkers accomplishments, but I just don't see him as a top 5 back at this point. Not based on his own merits alone. I think most GM's would take a guy like Laurence Maroney well before they took Parker.
Old 06-15-2007, 09:14 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckseason View Post
Yeah I hear you. You love your team, and you couldn't imagine giving up Parker for somebody else. When rating him, you naturally place him at the top of the list of guys that it's debatable whether they're better or not. Trust me, his speed is replaceable. There are a ton of very quick backs in this league right now. Running Back is probably the deepest position in the league. There is a surplus for sure. I think a guy like DeAngelo Williams or Jerious Norwood would be absolutely studly as the Steelers full time back. I think a lot of guys would. I don't mean to minimize Parkers accomplishments, but I just don't see him as a top 5 back at this point. Not based on his own merits alone. I think most GM's would take a guy like Laurence Maroney well before they took Parker.

while i do agree with that but parker is also gettin better. he hasnt touched the roof of his potential yet. i believe if he keeps workin on it then he can become the best in the league.

while norwood and williams might be beastly, parker is bigger than both of them and i know willie can pound it inside unlike williams and norwood. i would like to have those two but id take willie over them two.
Old 06-15-2007, 09:54 PM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

At least they got #1 right. What happened to all the ridiculous Drew Brees love? And why are Chad Johnson and Sean Taylor so ridiculously overrated?

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

Quote:
<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
<Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge
Dam8610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 10:14 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewing View Post
Anybody want to explain how DeAngelo Hall is a better corner than Rashean Mathis? How did Nnamdi Asomugha who has had only one good year make the list but Chris McAllister didn't?
Which surprises me, since Prisco is a Jags homer.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 10:48 PM    (permalink
ncstateviking
Rookie

ncstateviking hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

you call me dumb and then say parker is an elite back? parker is a no one. i would take at least 10 RB before parker. and hampton is one of the top 34 NT. however, he is not the run away number one. he is among the top 5. but i dont think many of them should be considered among the top 50 players in the league. when you figure in the tampa 2 DT's, i dont think there needs to be 10 DT in the top 50 in the league. and troy is not that good. rhodes is better. he was good as a rookie and incredible as a sophmore. troy has always been overrated because your scheme allows him to freelance alot more. if all safetys were allowed to do that troy wouldnt even be special none the less the elite you claim him to be. and ward is not a top 10 reciever. many teams have better #2 recievers than ward.
ncstateviking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 11:31 PM    (permalink
7-11
Veteran

7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i think brian dawkins has to the biggets ommision, the guy is argueably a top 3 safety in the game and hes been ocmpletely barred, i think prisco has gone a little youthy on this list...yes youthy is a word
7-11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 11:38 PM    (permalink
7-11
Veteran

7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

im gonna try to go against the hoemristic trend and say that dwight freeeney is slightly high. dont get me wrong, awesome player and the most influential player on our D (when he isnt playing injured hes slightly above bob imo)but 12 is pretty lofty. id have to say ed reed is better at what he does then freeney
Old 06-15-2007, 11:41 PM    (permalink
7-11
Veteran

one more thing; do you think this list would change substantially if the importance of the position in dictating the ranking was thrown out the window? like you could say vinitieri is better at his job then some of those players are at their own respective position
Old 06-15-2007, 11:54 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Where the **** is Olin Kruetz? Hutchinson is on that list and Kruetz isn't? Hutch sucked this year. ********.

And yes I know they don't play the same position but the best C in all of football isn't on that top 50 list? Come on.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 11:55 PM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7-11 View Post
one more thing; do you think this list would change substantially if the importance of the position in dictating the ranking was thrown out the window? like you could say vinitieri is better at his job then some of those players are at their own respective position

I think it would change slightly. It would still be a meaningless list though. I think a lot of people here could do better. But yeah, I think anytime you make a list like this with such a broad scope, you need to include some defined criteria in the header. If I were to go through the effort to do one, it would be based purely on my own perception of who I think are currently the best players. So stats wouldn't play a huge role. So I probably wouldn't have too many real young guys, or too many real old guys. Just the current cream of the crop. But I don't personally know enough about every guy in the league to make a real accurate list. I think that's why so many people end up leaning on stats and reputation. They simply haven't seen everybody play enough to accurately gauge where they all rank among each other.
Old 06-16-2007, 02:33 AM    (permalink
reese

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncstateviking View Post
you call me dumb and then say parker is an elite back? parker is a no one. i would take at least 10 RB before parker. and hampton is one of the top 34 NT. however, he is not the run away number one. he is among the top 5. but i dont think many of them should be considered among the top 50 players in the league. when you figure in the tampa 2 DT's, i dont think there needs to be 10 DT in the top 50 in the league. and troy is not that good. rhodes is better. he was good as a rookie and incredible as a sophmore. troy has always been overrated because your scheme allows him to freelance alot more. if all safetys were allowed to do that troy wouldnt even be special none the less the elite you claim him to be. and ward is not a top 10 reciever. many teams have better #2 recievers than ward.
who has a no. 2 better then ward?....
Old 06-16-2007, 02:37 AM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reese View Post
who has a no. 2 better then ward?....
Reggie Wayne

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

Quote:
<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
<Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge
Dam8610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 02:40 AM    (permalink
Phrost

Sean Taylor doesn't deserve his rank.
Old 06-16-2007, 06:38 AM    (permalink
ncstateviking
Rookie

ncstateviking hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

colts do (wayne), cards do (boldin), bengals do (housh),

and they are old but an arguement could be made for

cowboys (glenn) and rams (bruce).

and by next year argueably jets (cotchery) and lions (CJ) could very easily be ahead of ward.

like i said, hines is a solid WR. but by no means is he even a candidate for top 50.
ncstateviking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 08:50 AM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkpigskin View Post
wtf do you have against ray?
The fact that he is simply not as good as he tries to make himself out to be. He used to be a great player but he isn't the same guy anymore and everyone still acts like the's the best MLB in the game.

Just watch him play. I think your a Raven's fan so I'm sure you do. I'm sure you've seen his favorite tactic of just hopping on the pile after the play is over. Then he gets us chest pounding like he made some great play.

I'm just sick of him really. From all of his interviews about how good to his to his SI cover saying "God's linebacker". He is the most overrated player in the game.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 01:46 PM    (permalink
reese

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncstateviking View Post
colts do (wayne), cards do (boldin), bengals do (housh),

and they are old but an arguement could be made for

cowboys (glenn) and rams (bruce).

and by next year argueably jets (cotchery) and lions (CJ) could very easily be ahead of ward.

like i said, hines is a solid WR. but by no means is he even a candidate for top 50.
wayne yes
boldin yes
but the rest of the guys no...and to bring up calvin johnson who hasnt even stepped on the field yet is ignorant...and despite what u or cbs sportsline says...ive seen multiple interviews over the past couple years where NFL PLAYERS AND COACHES say that hines ward is THE BEST alll around reciever in the game....now ill agree wayne and boldin are probley better pass catchers but as far as a football player and doing everything that has to be done...catching and blocking...hines ward is definatly one of the tops in the league
Old 06-16-2007, 02:43 PM    (permalink
Man_Of_Steel
Pro Bowler

Man_Of_Steel hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

All those safetys and no Troy Polamalu, what a joke.
Man_Of_Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 06:43 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth Criminal View Post
The fact that he is simply not as good as he tries to make himself out to be. He used to be a great player but he isn't the same guy anymore and everyone still acts like the's the best MLB in the game.

Just watch him play. I think your a Raven's fan so I'm sure you do. I'm sure you've seen his favorite tactic of just hopping on the pile after the play is over. Then he gets us chest pounding like he made some great play.

I'm just sick of him really. From all of his interviews about how good to his to his SI cover saying "God's linebacker". He is the most overrated player in the game.
99.5% of the people on this board admit Urlacher is better

I am preety sure they call him Gods LB because he is religious person and not making it out like he is a LB god.
Old 06-16-2007, 06:48 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Marvin Harrison and Steve Smith are both better than Andre Johnson. Torry Holt is too. Nothing against Andre, but those are both better players.
Old 06-16-2007, 07:02 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
Marvin Harrison and Steve Smith are both better than Andre Johnson. Torry Holt is too. Nothing against Andre, but those are both better players.

i agree with that but imo if andre had consistant qb play hed be the best in the league
Old 06-16-2007, 07:34 PM    (permalink
steelernation77
Veteran

steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
99.5% of the people on this board admit Urlacher is better

I am preety sure they call him Gods LB because he is religious person and not making it out like he is a LB god.
I guess he must've forgotten the 10 commandments that one night in Atlanta...
steelernation77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 08:32 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

there is no need to bring religion into this it is against the rules.
Old 06-16-2007, 09:10 PM    (permalink
remix 6
Pro Bowler

remix 6 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reese View Post
wayne yes
boldin yes
but the rest of the guys no...and to bring up calvin johnson who hasnt even stepped on the field yet is ignorant...and despite what u or cbs sportsline says...ive seen multiple interviews over the past couple years where NFL PLAYERS AND COACHES say that hines ward is THE BEST alll around reciever in the game....now ill agree wayne and boldin are probley better pass catchers but as far as a football player and doing everything that has to be done...catching and blocking...hines ward is definatly one of the tops in the league
Lions had a beast duo before Calvin

Furrey: 98 catches 1086 yards 6 TDs

pretty good for a guy not ROY WILLIAMS on the lions
remix 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 09:54 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Disappointing to not see any Packers on there. I would definitely have included Aaron Kampman. Kampman had 10 more sacks last year then Dwight Freeney, who is 12 on that list, so I'm surprised he isn't anywhere in the top 50.

Sig thanks to mockalicious
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote