Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 06-16-2007, 09:58 PM    (permalink
reese

Quote:
Originally Posted by remix 6 View Post
Lions had a beast duo before Calvin

Furrey: 98 catches 1086 yards 6 TDs

pretty good for a guy not ROY WILLIAMS on the lions
was there a point to this post?...i only ask that becuz u quoted me b4 it and didnt respond to anything i said in ur post
Old 06-16-2007, 11:48 PM    (permalink
Im_a_Romosexual
Pro Bowler

Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackalope View Post
Disappointing to not see any Packers on there. I would definitely have included Aaron Kampman. Kampman had 10 more sacks last year then Dwight Freeney, who is 12 on that list, so I'm surprised he isn't anywhere in the top 50.
IMO Freeney is the best pass rusher in the NFL and although last year he only had 5 and 1/2, but before 2006 he had 11, 16, 11 and then 13 his rookie year.
Im_a_Romosexual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 12:44 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Im_a_Romosexual View Post
IMO Freeney is the best pass rusher in the NFL and although last year he only had 5 and 1/2, but before 2006 he had 11, 16, 11 and then 13 his rookie year.
Yea but pass rushing isnt the only role of a DE, run stopping is also very important, and Kampman had 89 tackles I believe, along w/ 15.5 sacks I think. I think Aaron Kampman should be in the top 50.
Old 06-17-2007, 12:47 AM    (permalink
Phrost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
Yea but pass rushing isnt the only role of a DE, run stopping is also very important, and Kampman had 89 tackles I believe, along w/ 15.5 sacks I think. I think Aaron Kampman should be in the top 50.
Kampman is ******* amazing.
Old 06-17-2007, 12:51 AM    (permalink
ncstateviking
Rookie

ncstateviking hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

julius peppers is by far the best DE in the league. it isnt even close really.
ncstateviking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 12:51 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

kampman is the **** dude. i was mad when he chose green bay again over pittsburgh
Old 06-17-2007, 01:03 AM    (permalink
JK17
Pro Bowler

JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Pass rushing DE, maybe. There are plenty of 3-4 OLB's, starting in SD and Baltimore who rush the passer pretty well...I wouldn't hesitate to say better then Freeney.
JK17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 01:27 AM    (permalink
The Great Jonathan Vilma
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Man, after reading 4 pages of people bickering about something that is so obviously subjective, and seeing so many people just talk about their team, its almost nausiating.

Dawkins got hooped. Kruetz got hooped. I'm sure others did too, but i don't feel like looking at the list, rather just what people have said.

Parker isn't Top50 because of the depth at RB, u include him, u include that whole tier of RBs and the list isn't that long. 50 sounds like alot of players, but in reality, it isn't and only the best of the best can make it. Ward is to iffy for my liking, but is close. He's an all-around WR, but its more of an arguement then a claim at this point.

Rhodes has been very solid since he entered the league, and its nice to see him on there. i don't care if this was his first 'real good year', as its only his 2nd year and he played great.

Troy P gets alot of hype, and Taylor gets recognized as better than he is sometimes, but he does make alot of game changing plays, only problem is that some this past season weren't for his team. He is better then he played and IMO he is still a top 50 player and he'll show it sooner than later.

I saw vilma discussed so i have to comment. I think he's on the bubble, but am happy he didn't make the list. it wouldn't be fair. In a 4-3 i agree he would be beastly, and i truly wish he was playing in a 4-3, but he's not, and at this point (and maybe forever) as long as he's in a 3-4 i don't think he will be top50, but on the bubble. Great player in the wrong system.

Casey Hampton is damn good at what he does. i'd have to check the list again to make an arguement for him

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Quote:
Originally Posted by dRaFtDoRk View Post
You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.
The Great Jonathan Vilma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 01:31 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Jonathan Vilma View Post
Man, after reading 4 pages of people bickering about something that is so obviously subjective, and seeing so many people just talk about their team, its almost nausiating.

Dawkins got hooped. Kruetz got hooped. I'm sure others did too, but i don't feel like looking at the list, rather just what people have said.

Parker isn't Top50 because of the depth at RB, u include him, u include that whole tier of RBs and the list isn't that long. 50 sounds like alot of players, but in reality, it isn't and only the best of the best can make it. Ward is to iffy for my liking, but is close. He's an all-around WR, but its more of an arguement then a claim at this point.

Rhodes has been very solid since he entered the league, and its nice to see him on there. i don't care if this was his first 'real good year', as its only his 2nd year and he played great.

Troy P gets alot of hype, and Taylor gets recognized as better than he is sometimes, but he does make alot of game changing plays, only problem is that some this past season weren't for his team. He is better then he played and IMO he is still a top 50 player and he'll show it sooner than later.

I saw vilma discussed so i have to comment. I think he's on the bubble, but am happy he didn't make the list. it wouldn't be fair. In a 4-3 i agree he would be beastly, and i truly wish he was playing in a 4-3, but he's not, and at this point (and maybe forever) as long as he's in a 3-4 i don't think he will be top50, but on the bubble. Great player in the wrong system.

Casey Hampton is damn good at what he does. i'd have to check the list again to make an arguement for him

casey aint on there and its a shame. top 3 dt in the league imo
Old 06-17-2007, 01:42 AM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HinesWardJr View Post
casey aint on there and its a shame. top 3 dt in the league imo
Jamal Williams
Tommie Harris
John Henderson
Marcus Stroud

Who would you put Hampton ahead of on that list?

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

Quote:
<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
<Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge
Dam8610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 01:47 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
Jamal Williams
Tommie Harris
John Henderson
Marcus Stroud

Who would you put Hampton ahead of on that list?

id put jamal and casey as the same.

my top 5 dts

1.seymour
2.stroud
3.wiliams/hampton
4.harris
5.henderson
Old 06-17-2007, 02:12 AM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
I can think of a bunch of pass rushers I would rate ahead of Freeney now. He's a one-trick pony and his fundamentals at times are horrendous. He's also a complete non-factor against the run. The guy does spin moves. I can't believe his coaches actually allow that type of play.
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 02:29 AM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moses View Post
I can think of a bunch of pass rushers I would rate ahead of Freeney now. He's a one-trick pony and his fundamentals at times are horrendous. He's also a complete non-factor against the run. The guy does spin moves. I can't believe his coaches actually allow that type of play.
The scheme calls for him to take the outside route to the QB most of the time, which takes him out of a lot of running plays. Why do you think the draw to his side is usually effective? It's because most of the time Meeks called for him to run a loop route to the E gap, taking him out of any chance of maintaining his gap against the run (D), and creating a schematic hole in the defense for the opposing running game. When Freeney isn't asked to try to run around the LT, he holds his own against the run.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

Quote:
<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
<Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge
Dam8610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 02:39 AM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Shawne Merriman is a steroid cheat, he doesn't belong anywhere near the top.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 02:45 AM    (permalink
Phrost

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindSite View Post
Finally someone agrees with me.
Old 06-17-2007, 02:47 AM    (permalink
Phrost

Hey The Great Johnathan Vilma, I read somewhere that Vilma was on the block early in the season last year. This true?
Old 06-17-2007, 04:27 AM    (permalink
ncstateviking
Rookie

ncstateviking hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

vilma was kind of somewhat on the block. our FO took the he isnt untouchable make a good offer approach. nothing even remotely serious outside of some hypothetical talks came of it though.

and hampton is a top 3 NT in a 34. if you are counting all DT he isnt top 5.
ncstateviking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 05:39 AM    (permalink
TheChampIsHere
Veteran

TheChampIsHere hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
Kampman has had 1 big year though. If he follows it up with another big year, Im sure he'll be cracking every top 50. If we just decided who the top players were based on the previous season it would be silly. We could take a guy like Vandenbosch who was in incredible in 05, but it would be silly to call him a top player before we see if he follows it up because sure enough the next season, while he still played pretty good, he was not the player he was the year before, leading the league in sacks almost all season. My point, players gotta prove that they didnt just have one good season, especially when its guys who dont have phenomenal talent and game-changing ability like Aaron Kampman. For me, a guy like Reggie Bush Ill put in my top 50 right now, because of his phenomenal talent and game-changing ability. And in Freeney's case, year in year out this guy is one of the most disruptive defensive players in the league since he entered the NFL and he has phenomenal talent and game-changing ability. He can dominate a game like no other DL can do and he is the most important player on that Colt defense.
TheChampIsHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 05:44 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

how is Anquan Boldin not on this list?

he has had only one year with under 1200 yards and he was injured for most of it

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 06:40 AM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
how is Anquan Boldin not on this list?

he has had only one year with under 1200 yards and he was injured for most of it
Well, because it's a list of the 50 best players. If you average it out, that really only leaves room for around 3 players per position. So there should really only be maybe 5 WR's tops on this list. Is Anquan a top 5 WR? Not in my opinion. Although I like him a lot, he doesn't quite break into that first tier for me.

Also, this list is just a heaping pile of stale dog poop. Completely meaningless.
Old 06-17-2007, 08:37 AM    (permalink
remix 6
Pro Bowler

remix 6 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HinesWardJr View Post
id put jamal and casey as the same.

my top 5 dts

1.seymour
2.stroud
3.wiliams/hampton
4.harris
5.henderson
seymour is a DE. Wilfork should be sniffing top 5 as a DT :)
remix 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 09:06 AM    (permalink
jonbrodo17
Rookie

jonbrodo17 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

y wasn't Brian Dawkins on this list????

sig by Jackalope

RIP VT Students 4/16/07

Vote McCain '08
jonbrodo17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 09:22 AM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Where the hell is Cutler?

Oh man, when the apocalypse comes, he will not save whoever wrote this one, let me tell you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 10:12 AM    (permalink
JK17
Pro Bowler

JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindSite View Post
What makes Julius Peppers so much different. Both took an illegal substance, both claim it was a mistake, and both were suspended four games for it. Even if Peppers didn't take "steroids", he took a banned substance. So, if your gonna eliminate Merriman, what gives Peppers an expemption.
JK17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 10:18 AM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK17 View Post
What makes Julius Peppers so much different. Both took an illegal substance, both claim it was a mistake, and both were suspended four games for it. Even if Peppers didn't take "steroids", he took a banned substance. So, if your gonna eliminate Merriman, what gives Peppers an expemption.
Well for Merriman, if he can duplicate last year's numbers without a failed drug test this year, in my mind, he'll be alright. Peppers' test was years ago, and he hasn't failed since and obviously has still been great, so he is already absolved. Of course, not all people are that forgiving.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote