Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 06-17-2007, 10:17 AM    (permalink
ncstateviking
Rookie

ncstateviking hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

you said it yourself. there is a huge difference between steriods and banned substance. alot of over the counter medicine for a cold you might give a child will make an NFL player fail a test. its a big difference.
ncstateviking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 10:50 AM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I loved the feigned ignorance. The fact is every "freak" player is most likely on steroids. Players have become exponentially bigger and faster. If anything, Shawne Merriman is stupid for being caught. That said; I would be shocked if Julius Peppers, Brian Urlacher, etc, weren't on steroids/HGH.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 11:07 AM    (permalink
ricky bobby
Pro Bowler

Location: Oh please give me a good reputation. I'm so concerned with what you think about me!
ricky bobby hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
I loved the feigned ignorance. The fact is every "freak" player is most likely on steroids. Players have become exponentially bigger and faster. If anything, Shawne Merriman is stupid for being caught. That said; I would be shocked if Julius Peppers, Brian Urlacher, etc, weren't on steroids/HGH.
Add Vernon Davis to that list. Calvin Johnson???
ricky bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 11:18 AM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Vernon Davis, definitely. DeMarcus Ware is technically stronger pound for pound and faster at that, so him too.

Old 06-17-2007, 11:19 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
Vernon Davis, definitely. DeMarcus Ware is technically stronger pound for pound and faster at that, so him too.

what about andre johnson
Old 06-17-2007, 11:24 AM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

My point is; we shouldn't kill Shawne Merriman for doing what everyone else is doing. We should kill him for being stupid enough to be caught, while everyone else gets away with it.

Old 06-17-2007, 12:04 PM    (permalink
ncstateviking
Rookie

ncstateviking hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

if julius peppers is on steriods he has been since high school. my boy went to his highschool and said he was that big as a sophmore.

not saying that is an impossibility. but some people just win the genetic lottery.
ncstateviking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 03:33 PM    (permalink
JK17
Pro Bowler

JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CutlerChris View Post
Well for Merriman, if he can duplicate last year's numbers without a failed drug test this year, in my mind, he'll be alright. Peppers' test was years ago, and he hasn't failed since and obviously has still been great, so he is already absolved. Of course, not all people are that forgiving.
Oh I know, I don't hold Peppers in that light any more, he's been clean since then, I'm just saying if your going to label Merriman a "steroid cheat" like one poster did, I don't know how you can turn around in another thread and act like Peppers is the second coming.
JK17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 03:52 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
99.5% of the people on this board admit Urlacher is better

I am preety sure they call him Gods LB because he is religious person and not making it out like he is a LB god.
He still thinks he's better and he'll tell that to any camera thats in front of him.

I just hate the way he conducts himself on the field as well as oof. And I'm not even refering to the incident in Atlanta. I'm talking about his interviews and such where he comes off as a self absorbed prick.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 10:04 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

OK that you think he is a jerk but this isnt the 50 best attitude team.
Old 06-17-2007, 10:08 PM    (permalink
JK17
Pro Bowler

JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth Criminal View Post
He still thinks he's better and he'll tell that to any camera thats in front of him.

I just hate the way he conducts himself on the field as well as oof. And I'm not even refering to the incident in Atlanta. I'm talking about his interviews and such where he comes off as a self absorbed prick.
True, I could see that, but Ray Lewis isn't the only guy in the NFL with that attitude...in fact, aside from a select few most of those guys are cocky, and self-absorbed. To play at that kind of level, you have to think your the best, or you'll get eaten up out there...so I don't think you can fault him because he is proud of the way he plays. Chad Johnson and Terrell Owens are ego-maniacs, but no one questions their receiving skills. Deion Sanders was cocky, but no one questions his level of play because of that attitude...

I think your selling Ray short based more because you don't like him, then that he isn't a good player anymore. His ability has fallen as he's gotten older, but he's still one of the best LBs out there.

Last edited by JK17 : 06-17-2007 at 10:12 PM.
JK17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 11:11 PM    (permalink
The Great Jonathan Vilma
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrost View Post
Hey The Great Johnathan Vilma, I read somewhere that Vilma was on the block early in the season last year. This true?
ya, that was true. i'm just happy it didn't lead to anything, might have just been speculation. who knows

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Quote:
Originally Posted by dRaFtDoRk View Post
You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.
The Great Jonathan Vilma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 11:19 PM    (permalink
Phrost

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Jonathan Vilma View Post
ya, that was true. i'm just happy it didn't lead to anything, might have just been speculation. who knows
Bucs were suitors I can only hope they will try again this year with Quarles retiring.
Old 06-17-2007, 11:21 PM    (permalink
The Great Jonathan Vilma
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Although RayRays play has dropped off of late, and i'll agree him being included in the list might be open for debate, he is still better than u appear to be making him out to be. He is still a solid LB who is better than most guys out there, and his attitude doesn't have anything to do with his play on the field. As stated earlier, many players do/have to feel that way in order to play their best. not all, but many, it gives them an edge if not physically, it will mentally.

Although Merriman was caught, its not like he's a slouch to begin with. He came into the league as a physcial specimen, and i would assume he took a test coming into the league. Do they test on the offseason? i'd assume so, but i'm not certain. He had a monster year his rookie year, even when starting late. He played good post suspension. And i'm pretty damn positive u can count on big things into the future.

I agree with Shiver and JK in that as a fan, what u don't know certainly makes u ignorant. To think that a large number of players aren't on steroids or HGH (especially HGH) is just not thinking logically. Frick, the damn kicker/punter of the panthers, along with like 4 other players got caught. A KICKER!!! ur going to tell me that players who take real physical beatings and who's stregth and speed play an even more important role in there performance aren't?? although many i'm sure aren't, and there are many people who are just naturally physically special, u can bet ur bottom dollar more athletes are 'cheats' then u are lead to believe.

i guess its innocent until proven guilty though.......i just can't believe it, but i won't pass judgment. i love the game and what they do, wish it could be clean, but thats wishful (or is it?) thinking.

Quote:
You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.
Old 06-17-2007, 11:21 PM    (permalink
The Great Jonathan Vilma
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Bucs were suitors I can only hope they will try again this year with Quarles retiring.
i certainly hope not, i'd ahve to shell out another $200 for another Jersey

Quote:
Old 06-17-2007, 11:34 PM    (permalink
Phrost

Not exactly illogical TGJV, HGH isn't catchable.
Old 06-17-2007, 11:38 PM    (permalink
The Great Jonathan Vilma
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

exactly, does that make it better though??

had Merriman just used HGH we wouldn't even have this discussion

Quote:
Old 06-17-2007, 11:41 PM    (permalink
Phrost

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Jonathan Vilma View Post
exactly, does that make it better though??

had Merriman just used HGH we wouldn't even have this discussion
Luckily for the NFL he is just an idiot.
Old 06-17-2007, 11:48 PM    (permalink
ny10804
All-Pro

ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.

Disappointed Kampman isn't there. As a D-linemen, he had the most sacks and tackles in the NFL in 2006. He tied for the NFC lead in tackles by a D-lineman in 2005.

Last edited by ny10804 : 06-17-2007 at 11:52 PM.
ny10804 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 12:03 AM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

raiders only have 1 top 50 player according to that lol. pretty sad for us

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
RaiderNation is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 12:07 AM    (permalink
Phrost

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation View Post
raiders only have 1 top 50 player according to that lol. pretty sad for us
Buccaneers have 0. Not too sad for them but yeah.
Old 06-18-2007, 12:28 AM    (permalink
Veteran

255979119 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Every sports league needs to adopt blood testing. You cannot find HGH in the basic urine sample tests. Only bloodwork can find it.
255979119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 12:30 AM    (permalink
Phrost

Quote:
Originally Posted by 255979119 View Post
Every sports league needs to adopt blood testing. You cannot find HGH in the basic urine sample tests. Only bloodwork can find it.
and that would be expensive. Expensive things don't usually go through in the NFL.
Old 06-18-2007, 12:33 AM    (permalink
Veteran

255979119 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
and that would be expensive. Expensive things don't usually go through in the NFL.
Suprising, is it not? The richest league in North America cannot afford to chalk up a couple hundred grand to make sure they have the cleanest product on the field. I for one want a league of clean, hardworking athletes who get where they are by their own abilities, not some drugs.

Last edited by 255979119 : 06-18-2007 at 12:42 AM.
255979119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 12:41 AM    (permalink
Phrost

Quote:
Originally Posted by 255979119 View Post
Suprising, is it not? The richest league in North America cannot afford to chalk up a couple hundred grand to make sure they have the cleanest product on the field. I for one want a league of clean, hardworking athletes who go where they are by their own abilities, not some drugs.
Quite pathetic actually.