Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

Old 06-16-2007, 11:23 AM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Ali Highsmith

Of LSU, with his small size, do u reckon a move to safety may be on the cards when he moves up to the pros?

at 6 1 and about 225 hes very undersized for a pro LB and will struggle with blockers and bigger power backs
stephenson86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 11:28 AM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No he definitely could play WLB in the NFL. He is probably 6-1 225-230 which is small for a LB but definitely won't force a move to SS. He would be a great pickup for a tampa 2 team, but I think his career won't be limited to a tampa 2 WLB. He is a great player with blazing speed for the position and he is a playmaker who knows how to hit. He could go first round imo.
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 11:57 AM    (permalink
HoopsDemon12
Pro Bowler

HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.

is he fast enough to play safety?

Sig By Diehardvikingfan
HoopsDemon12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 12:04 PM    (permalink
Green Bay Scat
Pro Bowler

Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.

could be the next Derrick Brooks?(just sain could move to saftey to help his draft stock, but stuck at LB)
Green Bay Scat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 12:46 PM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't see a move to safety. I think he's good at LB. He's small, but he's a playmaker and I think he really could be a star on a Tampa 2 team, as Don Vito said.

BoneKrusher
Staubach12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 01:02 PM    (permalink
Man_Of_Steel
Pro Bowler

Man_Of_Steel hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

He really only needs to pack on 15 pounds to continue to play LB.
Man_Of_Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 01:19 AM    (permalink
energizerbunny
Veteran

energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He has a nose for the ball, he makes plays and plays alot bigger then he actually is..... with some solid workouts this years verison of Ernie Sims?
energizerbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 01:20 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
No he definitely could play WLB in the NFL. He is probably 6-1 225-230 which is small for a LB but definitely won't force a move to SS. He would be a great pickup for a tampa 2 team, but I think his career won't be limited to a tampa 2 WLB. He is a great player with blazing speed for the position and he is a playmaker who knows how to hit. He could go first round imo.
I think so too. I think late first but still the first. He's a player.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 07:39 AM    (permalink
nhlkdog411
Veteran

nhlkdog411 is a cocksman.nhlkdog411 is a cocksman.nhlkdog411 is a cocksman.nhlkdog411 is a cocksman.nhlkdog411 is a cocksman.

I don't think he's fast enough to play safety but he's a great fit for the tampa 2 anyway.
nhlkdog411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 08:35 AM    (permalink
OzTitan
Pro Bowler

OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think size is overrated a lot of the time. I mean there is definitely a line, but you don't have to be an elite LB with size and speed to be effective in the NFL. Keith Bulluck is 6-3 and maybe 235 max, and while he doesn't excel against the run per se, he still has a place on the NFL field, in a traditional 4-3 D no less.

Heart, skill, intelligence etc will limit a player before size IMO (realistically speaking of course).
OzTitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 08:46 AM    (permalink
SaintsFanForLife
Pro Bowler

SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

A lot of teams are looking for speed at LB. They will put a little more weight on him but i dont think they will move him to SS

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT
SaintsFanForLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 09:47 AM    (permalink
ammandss
Veteran

ammandss hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.ammandss hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

As a Giants fan would you think that Highsmith could be a good fit for them? I didn't pay too much attention to him in college since I'm an ACC guy.
Old 01-30-2008, 09:58 AM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd love to see Ali in Black and Purple next year!

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
EdReedUnstoppable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 10:03 AM    (permalink
SaintsFanForLife
Pro Bowler

SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ammandss View Post
As a Giants fan would you think that Highsmith could be a good fit for them? I didn't pay too much attention to him in college since I'm an ACC guy.
You add his spped and playmaking ability. To the front line with Osi, Strahan, and Tuck( who is a beast) they could really couse havak in the back field.

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT
SaintsFanForLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 10:09 AM    (permalink
BuddyCHRIST
Veteran

BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

he's definitely a LB, don't let the size fool you because he's an excellent tackler and doesn't shy away from any contact.
BuddyCHRIST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 10:55 AM    (permalink
OTcoach
Rookie

OTcoach hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Small NFL LB's

It's funny that we keep hearing about how small or light these LB prospects like Highsmith are. Every year another veteran 250 pound LB gets cut (Trotter) and guys at 225 or 235 step up and dominate in the 4-3. I think we're seeing a trend that happened started 15yrs ago with the DE getting smaller but quicker happen now with the LBs. Highsmith will start for someone come Sept.
OTcoach is offline   Reply With Quote