Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Would you rather your team go...
6-10 and win all divisional games but lose all non-divisional gamess 20 30.30%
10-6 and lose all divisional games and win all non-divisional games 46 69.70%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-17-2007, 09:07 AM    (permalink
skinzzfan25
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckNaked View Post
This shouldn't even be a question. You would have to question whether you are a real fan if you chose the first option.
If we beat the Cowboys, Eagles, and Giants both games... I would defiantly live with that. Sweeping the NFC East is way more important than going 10-6 and not making the playoffs. Because if you sweep them, you're obviously doing SOMETHING right.
Old 06-17-2007, 01:34 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I dont understand that at all... winning is more important than bragging rights over rivals...

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 02:56 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
I dont understand that at all... winning is more important than bragging rights over rivals...
Tell that to cards fans :p
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 03:05 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll take the 10-6. I don't care about head to head I'd rather have the better record in my division. Plus atleast 10-6 looks pretty good and you had a competitive season.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 03:50 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Isn't it odd that in the NFL you could conceivably lose every division game and still win your division (especially in the NFC).
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 03:55 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CutlerChris View Post
As a Broncos fan, I already have bragging rights.

Chiefs suck
Raiders suck
Chargers are sometimes good but not always.
I'm pretty sure the 49ers took the Broncos' bragging rights, along with their playoff hopes and their lunch money, in last year's regular-season finale. I'll check though. :p

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
And the Broncos have the best winning percentage in like the last decade (or so).
Last 10 years (1997 to 2006):
T-1. Denver Broncos 102-58
T-1. New England Patriots 102-58
3. Pittsburgh Steelers 96-63-1
4. Indianapolis Colts 95-65

Last 9 years:
T-1. New England Patriots 92-52
T-1. Indianapolis Colts 92-52
3. Denver Broncos 90-54
4. Pittsburgh Steelers 85-58-1

Last 8 years (since Elway retired):
1. Indianapolis Colts 89-39
2. New England Patriots 83-45
3. Philadelphia Eagles 80-48
4. Pittsburgh Steelers 78-49-1
5. St. Louis Rams 78-50
6. Denver Broncos 76-52

(Feel free to point out any errors, if they exist.)
Geo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 04:52 PM    (permalink
broncs2bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
I'm pretty sure the 49ers took the Broncos' bragging rights, along with their playoff hopes and their lunch money, in last year's regular-season finale. I'll check though. :p

Last 10 years (1997 to 2006):
T-1. Denver Broncos 102-58
T-1. New England Patriots 102-58
3. Pittsburgh Steelers 96-63-1
4. Indianapolis Colts 95-65

Last 9 years:
T-1. New England Patriots 92-52
T-1. Indianapolis Colts 92-52
3. Denver Broncos 90-54
4. Pittsburgh Steelers 85-58-1

Last 8 years (since Elway retired):
1. Indianapolis Colts 89-39
2. New England Patriots 83-45
3. Philadelphia Eagles 80-48
4. Pittsburgh Steelers 78-49-1
5. St. Louis Rams 78-50
6. Denver Broncos 76-52

(Feel free to point out any errors, if they exist.)
That didnt prove much because he was right....the last DECADE the Broncos do have the best winning percentage(tied with NE of course)

And plus do you see San Diego, Oakland or Kansas City on any of those list. Your post just helped us Bronco fans you silly poop.
Old 06-17-2007, 04:58 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncs2bowl View Post
That didnt prove much because he was right....the last DECADE the Broncos do have the best winning percentage(tied with NE of course)
Or maybe I provided actual data to both prove and disprove his point (hence the time frame). See how I blew your mind right there?
Geo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 05:06 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
Or maybe I provided actual data to both prove and disprove his point (hence the time frame). See how I blew your mind right there?
B2B: "Oh, you mean all that stuff was data (aka evidence)? I just skipped right over that whole middle thing... What did you post that for anyway?"

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 06:30 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

"You play to win the game."

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 07:01 PM    (permalink
Phrost

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinslowBodden View Post
"You play to win the game."
See my post on first page....
Old 06-17-2007, 07:08 PM    (permalink
Komp
Veteran

Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.
Default hmmm

I think we [Raiders] have lost every divisional game the last two seasons and the last time we beat a team in our own division was against the Broncos [snow bowl where Curry made that beautiful catch] if I am not mistaken, although my memory is a bit fuzzy.

Anyways, to answer the question I would probably sell my left testicle if we could win all 6 games against our division this year. I'm not expecting to win more than about 6 games all year this year anyways, so they might as well be against the teams I hate the most.

Sig by fenikz! Cheers!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Mr. Dukes comes from the Michael Irvin "talk loud and maybe people will think I know what I am talking about" school of football analysis.
Komp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 10:20 PM    (permalink
JK17
Pro Bowler

JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komp View Post
I think we [Raiders] have lost every divisional game the last two seasons and the last time we beat a team in our own division was against the Broncos [snow bowl where Curry made that beautiful catch] if I am not mistaken, although my memory is a bit fuzzy.

Anyways, to answer the question I would probably sell my left testicle if we could win all 6 games against our division this year. I'm not expecting to win more than about 6 games all year this year anyways, so they might as well be against the teams I hate the most.
Yeah, I know everyone's favorite quote is "we play to win the game", but some situations are certainly different then others. In heated rivalries like the ones Oakland has with teams like KC, it may be worth it to sweep, considering neither record gives playoffs or does anything for the team. Now if playoffs are in the question, obviously 10-6 is the choice, but considering we know the two possible outcomes, I don't think we always go with more wins.

For those of you who had big HS football rivalries, I know our coaches always said, if we don't beat "team B" our season is a failure...for some rivalries in the NFL, its like that. Knowing the outcome beforehand, drafting top ten and beating all your divisional opponents doesn't sound too bad...

Again, thats not to say you would want to purposefully lose games, or not go all out to win every time, but if your guaranteed one of the two scenarios, choosing 6-10 doesn't necesarily make you an unloyal fan. I still take 10-6, but there are certainly reasons to go the other way.
JK17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 10:22 PM    (permalink
Phrost

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK17 View Post
For those of you who had big HS football rivalries, I know our coaches always said, if we don't beat "team B" our season is a failure...for some rivalries in the NFL, its like that.
\
That coach is a joke.
Old 06-17-2007, 10:23 PM    (permalink
JK17
Pro Bowler

JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrost View Post
That coach is a joke.
Yeah...good thing you knew the context that was said in, what he actually meant by it, the implications or level of the rivalry, or anything like that. My guess is you've never been in a heated rivalry, and are certianly not qualified to make that kind of observation, based on a brief mention I made.
Old 06-17-2007, 10:26 PM    (permalink
Phrost

Quote:
Yeah...good thing you knew the context that was said in, what he actually meant by it, the implications or level of the rivalry, or anything like that. My guess is you've never been in a heated rivalry, and are certianly not qualified to make that kind of observation, based on a brief mention I made.
Rivalry=one game.
Old 06-17-2007, 10:29 PM    (permalink
JK17
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Rivalry=one game.
And all games carry the same weight or significance? Not to mention I didn't even come close to saying something like that was the only game he cared if we won....obviously every game is a game you are expected to win, but if you think a game against a rival is just as significant as every other game...you are wrong.

Six meaningful, big-time wins over heated opponents isn't miles away from ten meaningless wins against average teams. I still take the wins, i'm just saying its not as clear-cut a choice as you think it is here...
Old 06-17-2007, 10:58 PM    (permalink
kalbears13
Pro Bowler

Location: The difference between a child's toy and an adult toy
kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd be happy to go 6-10 if the rest of the teams in the division did worse. That way you'd having bragging rights and be in the playoffs.
Old 06-18-2007, 09:26 AM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalbears13 View Post
I'm pretty sure the Steelers will finish worse than 6-10 next year. jk
Dude your just so starved for a division win its clouding your judgment this is a really dumb argument.

Thank you Lebron James, you are truly a King Among Men.

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

I remember Marshawn Lynch
DeathbyStat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 12:55 PM    (permalink
Scar
Rookie

Scar hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

If you missed the playoffs, you missed the playoffs. Period. Season over. You failed. Doesn't matter if you have 6 wins or 10 wins. Give me the team that showed some heart and won it's most meaningful games, not to mention will be drafting 10-12 spots earlier come April in a much better position to start rebuilding and win some games when they truly matter: January.
Scar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 02:22 PM    (permalink
SubNoize
Veteran

SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You always want your team to be competitive....but if the Bolts dropped two games to the Raiders, Broncos, and Chiefs this year, I dont know how I could live it down. Not an insult to any of those teams, but it doesn't get very much worse then losing to a divisional rival, especially with the convicts...er...fans in places like Oakland ;)

In the end, I want my team to win. It's just tough losing to the rivals.
I guess you completely have blacked out like 00-02 when those thugs took the west every year?
SubNoize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 04:50 PM    (permalink
kalbears13
Pro Bowler

Location: The difference between a child's toy and an adult toy
kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathbyStat View Post
Dude your just so starved for a division win its clouding your judgment this is a really dumb argument.
That's where the "jk" part comes in at the end.
Old 06-18-2007, 05:06 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
See my post on first page....
I have a reading problem :)

Anyways, we echo the same statement.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 07:36 PM    (permalink
JK17
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubNoize View Post
I guess you completely have blacked out like 00-02 when those thugs took the west every year?
Eh, no it was more of a joke about some of the fans in Oakland..actually it was somewhat of a compliment....

...I wish I could black out those years though...
Old 06-19-2007, 02:53 AM    (permalink
Football Fan
Veteran

Football Fan smells like sex panther.

If I knew that 10-6 wouldnt get me into the playoffs I would prefer the 6-10 record and the draft pick that it would bring.
*sorry I skipped most of the posts, this has been said several times already.

Last edited by Football Fan : 06-19-2007 at 02:56 AM.
Football Fan is offline   Reply With Quote