Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 06-18-2007, 01:11 PM    (permalink
wiscbadgerfootball
Pro Bowler

wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

alright Travis Beckum w00t!!

didn't expect this

DL Matt Shaughnessy 6'6" 242 Jr. Wisconsin

sig by me.. first in ages, pm with requests
wiscbadgerfootball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 01:50 PM    (permalink
Green Bay Scat
Pro Bowler

Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.

oh yea, Earl Bennett is my home boy. I would say that if Mannigham had not be injured hed be the best in the nation, but id say it would go

1a. Manningham
1b. EB

Edit - Goff and Chris Williams are also 3rd team All-Americans. GO VANDY

Last edited by Green Bay Scat : 06-18-2007 at 01:54 PM.
Green Bay Scat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 02:29 PM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKevin View Post
They overhype Notre Dame giving them 2 first teamers in TE John Carlson and S Tom Zbikowski
Carlson is actually a pretty damn good TE.But theres no excuse for putting Zbikowski there.
Old 06-18-2007, 02:33 PM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffSamardzijaIRISH View Post
DeSean Jackson not 1st team KR?
Im pretty sure Jackson doesnt kick return.Hughes was the main guy last year.
Old 06-18-2007, 02:36 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yea, he only had 2 KRs last year.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 02:56 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They don't even have Early Doucet on 3rd team? 2nd team? or 1st? WTF?

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 03:41 PM    (permalink
constant cough
Rookie

constant cough hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
They don't even have Early Doucet on 3rd team? 2nd team? or 1st? WTF?
My thoughts exactally.
constant cough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 04:31 PM    (permalink
Jonny
Veteran

Jonny is a cocksman.Jonny is a cocksman.Jonny is a cocksman.

Zuttah and Foster definitely deserve to get consideration. Athlon and Phil Steele at least both love them. Strange how players for a team in the NYC market are so underrated, but they won't be for long.
Jonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 06:12 PM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKevin View Post
I used to have a ton of respect for Athlon but after this All-American list I am starting to doubt their legitimacy. Seems very homerish to me
I agree. You can be homerish without being so damn obvious about it. Apparently they think USC is the only team out west.
Old 06-18-2007, 06:37 PM    (permalink
ricky bobby
Pro Bowler

Location: Oh please give me a good reputation. I'm so concerned with what you think about me!
ricky bobby hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckseason View Post
I agree. You can be homerish without being so damn obvious about it. Apparently they think USC is the only team out west.
I take it you are refering to Jon Stewart. I personally think that Jonathon Stewart is the best NFL RB prospect in the country, yes better than McFadden. But, that doesn't necessarily mean that he's the best college RB though. Mike Hart, Steve Slaton, Ray Rice, are all better college RBs than Jon Stewart.
ricky bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 06:52 PM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricky bobby View Post
I take it you are refering to Jon Stewart. I personally think that Jonathon Stewart is the best NFL RB prospect in the country, yes better than McFadden. But, that doesn't necessarily mean that he's the best college RB though. Mike Hart, Steve Slaton, Ray Rice, are all better college RBs than Jon Stewart.
Yeah, not just him. And I'm not saying he should be first team. I just don't think 3rd team is too much to ask. He really seems like an obvious choice. Anyway, Desean Jackson at WR is a glaring ommision. It just looks as though there is definite slant involved here. But hey, I'm not an expert on every player in the country.

And I don't understand your logic regarding Stewart. Seems counterintuitive. You think he is a better prospect than McFadden, but he's not as good of a college RB as Mike Hart? That makes no sense at all to me. Either he is a great back or not. If you don't think he's among the best in college football, then I can't imagine why you'd be high on him for the NFL.
Old 06-18-2007, 06:57 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah, not just him. And I'm not saying he should be first team. I just don't think 3rd team is too much to ask. He really seems like an obvious choice. Anyway, Desean Jackson at WR is a glaring ommision. It just looks as though there is definite slant involved here. But hey, I'm not an expert on every player in the country.

And I don't understand your logic regarding Stewart. Seems counterintuitive. You think he is a better prospect than McFadden, but he's not as good of a college RB as Mike Hart? That makes no sense at all to me. Either he is a great back or not. If you don't think he's among the best in college football, then I can't imagine why you'd be high on him for the NFL.

i think hes the third best back in the country behind mcfadden and slaton
Old 06-18-2007, 07:31 PM    (permalink
ricky bobby
Pro Bowler

Location: Oh please give me a good reputation. I'm so concerned with what you think about me!

Quote:

Stewart is a better fit in the NFL at 5'11" 230 with great speed in comparison to a guy like McFadden that is 6'2" 205. You see where I'm coming from? A guy can dominate at any size in the college ranks as long as a single special attribute, such as speed, balance (Hart), etc. Unfortunately, once they get into the NFL, they will get exposed in other areas. Hart, Slaton, McFadden and Rice all have questions regarding their size at the NFL level. You can be a great college RB, but a mediocre NFL RB prospect. ie. Chris Perry. On the other hand, you can be an above average college RB, not great, and still be a great NFL RB prospect. ie. Ronnie Brown. Production at the college level doesn't necessarily mean you will be a great NFL prospect.
Old 06-18-2007, 08:59 PM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

Quote:
Stewart is a better fit in the NFL at 5'11" 230 with great speed in comparison to a guy like McFadden that is 6'2" 205. You see where I'm coming from? A guy can dominate at any size in the college ranks as long as a single special attribute, such as speed, balance (Hart), etc. Unfortunately, once they get into the NFL, they will get exposed in other areas. Hart, Slaton, McFadden and Rice all have questions regarding their size at the NFL level. You can be a great college RB, but a mediocre NFL RB prospect. ie. Chris Perry. On the other hand, you can be an above average college RB, not great, and still be a great NFL RB prospect. ie. Ronnie Brown. Production at the college level doesn't necessarily mean you will be a great NFL prospect.
Right, I understand all that. But if you've got all the physical tools to be a stud in the NFL, but you're sub-par at the college level, then you aren't a top prospect. In other words, you won't be the first RB taken in the draft if you aren't a great college back. And yes, Ronnie Brown was a great college back. Better than JJ Arrington, and his position in the draft reflects that. So in this particular instance, I don't think the above reasoning is relevant. If you think Stewart will be the top back in the draft, then I don't see how you can see Slaton as the better college player. Mid-level RB's don't get drafted at the top of the first round. Those slots are reserved for the best RB's the college game has to offer. Such as- Garrison Hearst, Jerome Bettis, Marshall Faulk, Ki-Jana Carter, Tyrone Wheatley, Napoleon Kaufman, James Stewart, Rashaan Salaam, Lawrence Phillips, Tshimanga Biakabutuka, Eddie George, Warrick Dunn, Curtis Enis, Fred Taylor, Edgerrin James, Ricky Williams, Jamal Lewis, Thomas Jones, Ron Dayne, LaDainian Tomlinson, William Green, TJ Duckett, Willis McGahee, Larry Johnson, Steven Jackson, Ronnie Brown, Cedric Benson, Carnell Williams, Reggie Bush, Adrian Peterson and Marshawn Lynch.

Every single one of those guys was regarded as a top college RB. By saying Stewart is your favorite prospect, you're lumping him in with all these college greats. That's my point. Nobody thought Kevin Faulk was as good as Edgerrin James when they were in college. Nobody was saying that Trung Canidate was a better college RB than Jamal Lewis. I don't have a problem with people who say Jonathan Stewart isn't a great college back. But it's contradictory to do so while insisting he'll be the 1st RB selected in the draft. If that's what you think, then you're placing him among at least the top 3 RB's in the college game today. Minimally. Otherwise, he's just another Chris Henry. So make up your mind.
Old 06-18-2007, 10:07 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You can be a great college RB, but a mediocre NFL RB prospect. ie. Chris Perry.
Since when did team start drafting mediocre prospects in the 1st Round?
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 10:28 PM    (permalink
ricky bobby
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriots-Lions View Post
Since when did team start drafting mediocre prospects in the 1st Round?
Bad example. You catch my drift though. College production doesn't necessarily make you a great NFL prospect and vice versa.
Old 06-18-2007, 10:34 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ehh im not sold on the whole size thing. there's this one RB, pretty sure his twin plays CB, yea he was small and a 3rd down back. I think he turned out pretty good.

yea ima homer, but if you watch Rice in games, he plows through piles, picks up short yardage, and breaks tackles
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 10:45 PM    (permalink
jbeans187
Veteran

jbeans187 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.jbeans187 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
ehh im not sold on the whole size thing. there's this one RB, pretty sure his twin plays CB, yea he was small and a 3rd down back. I think he turned out pretty good.

yea ima homer, but if you watch Rice in games, he plows through piles, picks up short yardage, and breaks tackles
Kenny Irons????? Haha

Leroy Smith - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koGD6XnAsNs
jbeans187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 02:19 AM    (permalink
MikeIsGood
Rookie

MikeIsGood hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
LOVING the 3 RU 1st teamers, but on 2nd and 3rd, no Courtney Greene?? thats absurd. Also the lack of Pedro Sosa, Rutgers' other OT should be on there. He's played just as well as Zuttah. Jeremy Ito getting no love? thats a shame.

plus Cason, 3rd team? ehh
You want six Rutgers players on the All-American teams? Do you believe yourself?
MikeIsGood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 08:12 AM    (permalink
Michigan
Who wants to sex Mutombo?
Pro Bowler

Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonny View Post
Zuttah and Foster definitely deserve to get consideration. Athlon and Phil Steele at least both love them. Strange how players for a team in the NYC market are so underrated, but they won't be for long.
Phil Steele didn't love Foster (#44 overall DT), and I agree with him. He may have a motor, but he's hardly 260 lbs and plays in the weakest BCS conference. There's no way he's a better DT than Sedrick Ellis, Frank Okam, DeMario Pressley, Fili Moala, Andre Fuellen, Terrence Taylor, or Red Bryant, which is what Athlon is saying with their AA Teams.

IMO he's one of the most overrated players in college football.
Old 06-19-2007, 11:00 AM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeIsGood View Post
You want six Rutgers players on the All-American teams? Do you believe yourself?
Homerism isn't illegal..

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 12:58 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigan View Post
Phil Steele didn't love Foster (#44 overall DT), and I agree with him. He may have a motor, but he's hardly 260 lbs and plays in the weakest BCS conference. There's no way he's a better DT than Sedrick Ellis, Frank Okam, DeMario Pressley, Fili Moala, Andre Fuellen, Terrence Taylor, or Red Bryant, which is what Athlon is saying with their AA Teams.

IMO he's one of the most overrated players in college football.
Exactly. Eric Foster will be lucky to play DEFENSIVE END in the pros at that size. He may even end up being a big bodied ILB
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 01:03 PM    (permalink
MikeIsGood
Rookie

MikeIsGood hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAYareaRB View Post
Homerism isn't illegal..
True enough.
MikeIsGood is offline   Reply With Quote