Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 06-18-2007, 12:31 PM    (permalink
Neo
Rookie

Neo needs more cowbell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK17 View Post
So what does that mean, McNabb has been able to consistently not get his team to the Super Bowl, whereas Elway has been more sucessful in getting his team there?

Besides, you act like they are worlds apart...I'm trusting your stats here which I don't know if I should be...but its one damn game difference!
So McNabb is more successful in the playoffs thank you. The stats passing, rushing, tds, ints, completion % and the like are all available as well if you feel like looking them up. McNabb is smashing on elway in every single one of them. *FACT

also of course you should trust my stats... i dont make mistakes
Neo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 12:32 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In the 5 post season losses 3 of Elways were in the SB, 2 he was knocked out in the first round (first 2 years of his career). In McNabb's 5 losses 1 was the 2nd round, 3 in the NFC championship game, and one was the SB. Please explain why Elway getting to the SB every year he went to the playoffs other than his first two in the NFL, is better than McNabb's getting to the SB once and losing.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 12:32 PM    (permalink
JK17
Pro Bowler

JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo View Post
I am not looking for an infraction by implying race. But i do not know how that doesnt come into a converstation like this. As we all know African americans were long viewed that they could not be Leaders as far as being a QB is concerned and that is exactly the arguments we see here. We ignore every single fact that favors the african american QB, while praising the leadership skills dispite the lack of .... well prefomence. I will stay away from the race issue after this post because apparently people on this board are not mature enough to handle it.

McNabb's first 8 years are significantly better than Elways.
...You do realize you are the one who brought it into the conversation, you are the one who brought up leadership, and you are the one who continues to make no sense in your argument.

Elway's leadership skills were greater then McNabb's, regardless of any other outside condition. You have ignored every fact in favor of Elway and have done nothing other then repeat your same ignorant "8 years" argument.
JK17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 12:33 PM    (permalink
Neo
Rookie

Neo needs more cowbell.

Quote:
Yeah, 5 does equal 5. We were talking about Super Bowls...remember, Elway went to more of those.

I don't understand where the McNabb leadership argument really comes from either. I like McNabb, but he sure didn't do a great job holding the team together during the TO drama.
He didnt? how so?
Old 06-18-2007, 12:33 PM    (permalink
CT Bronco Fan
Team Leader
Veteran

CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

McNabb's first 8 years are significantly better than Elways.
statistics maybe but Elway had more superbows, and didn't have anywhere near the supporting cast that McNabb had.
Elway's first 8 years

1959 3572 54.8 24721 135 128

Mcnabb's first 8 years

1898 3259 58.2 22080 152 72
Old 06-18-2007, 12:34 PM    (permalink
JK17
Pro Bowler

JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
He didnt? how so?
Well their season went to hell, the locker room was torn apart, the media made a mess of the whole situation...

Not to mention several Eagles took Owens' side over McNabbs....
Old 06-18-2007, 12:35 PM    (permalink
Neo
Rookie

Neo needs more cowbell.

Quote:
...You do realize you are the one who brought it into the conversation, you are the one who brought up leadership, and you are the one who continues to make no sense in your argument.

Elway's leadership skills were greater then McNabb's, regardless of any other outside condition. You have ignored every fact in favor of Elway and have done nothing other then repeat your same ignorant "8 years" argument.
I am not saying McNabb's career is better than Elway, Elway was able to improve his last few years and put up some respectable #'s and get himself 2 superbowl Rings. However, there is no doubt that after 8 seasons McNabb is significantly better. If McNabb wins 2 superbowls will he be mentioned as better than Elway? most likely not... however for the first 8 seasons someone was better... that someone is McNabb.
Old 06-18-2007, 12:36 PM    (permalink
Neo
Rookie

Neo needs more cowbell.

Quote:
Well their season went to hell, the locker room was torn apart, the media made a mess of the whole situation...

Not to mention several Eagles took Owens' side over McNabbs....
Were they? they rebounded pretty quick didnt they? Honestly, McNabb was injured in 2005, McNabb is the undisputed leader of the team like he has always been. I dont know how he didnt handle it well.... honestly it doesnt make much sense at all.
Old 06-18-2007, 12:38 PM    (permalink
Neo
Rookie

Neo needs more cowbell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CT Bronco Fan View Post
statistics maybe but Elway had more superbows, and didn't have anywhere near the supporting cast that McNabb had.
Elway's first 8 years

Mcnabb's first 8 years

Torrence Small and Charles Johnson were fantabulous, Todd Pinkston and James thrash... EVEN BETTER.... McNabb was carried on a boatful of talent...

wait thats laughable

try again.

BTW whats with Elways 128 INT's it will take McNabb another half decade to catch him in that area
Old 06-18-2007, 12:38 PM    (permalink
reese

Quote:
Originally Posted by CT Bronco Fan View Post
Elway's first 8 years

Mcnabb's first 8 years

so mcnabb does not blow away elway in every stat...
Old 06-18-2007, 12:39 PM    (permalink
JK17
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Were they? they rebounded pretty quick didnt they? Honestly, McNabb was injured in 2005, McNabb is the undisputed leader of the team like he has always been. I dont know how he didnt handle it well.... honestly it doesnt make much sense at all.
Regardless of how quickly they rebounded, which they still haven't as they are not near the level of success they had before the incident, there was dissension in the locker room that McNabb was unable to control...

I think McNabb is a leader, and I like McNabb, but to say it doesn't make sense is dumb, and to rule Elway out as a better leader is dumber.
Old 06-18-2007, 12:40 PM    (permalink
Neo
Rookie

Neo needs more cowbell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reese View Post
so mcnabb does not blow away elway in every stat...
He pretty much is, those stats across the board have to be pretty embarrassing for any Elway lover. I mean how do you throw the ball to the other team so much... AWFUL
Old 06-18-2007, 12:42 PM    (permalink
JK17
Pro Bowler

Quote:
He pretty much is, those stats across the board have to be pretty embarrassing for any Elway lover. I mean how do you throw the ball to the other team so much... AWFUL
Except it directly refutes your point you said that McNabb has more passing yards then Elway, as well as McNabb blowing away Elway in ever category...

Since he didn't....I thought we should trust your stats too...tsk...
Old 06-18-2007, 12:44 PM    (permalink
Neo
Rookie

Neo needs more cowbell.

Quote:
Except it directly refutes your point you said that McNabb has more passing yards then Elway, as well as McNabb blowing away Elway in ever category...

Since he didn't....I thought we should trust your stats too...tsk...
Look at those stats again and tell me which QB you would take. Elway had more passing yards in more games... Very Kitna'ish in your stat picking. However as we both can see as far as being a GOOD QB... Elway is getting slaughtered in stats... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA 128 INT's absolutely terrible
Old 06-18-2007, 12:45 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Torrence Small and Charles Johnson were fantabulous, Todd Pinkston and James thrash... EVEN BETTER.... McNabb was carried on a boatful of talent...

wait thats laughable

try again.

BTW whats with Elways 128 INT's it will take McNabb another half decade to catch him in that area
Yes, those are the ONLY 4 people to catch passes from McNabb over the last 8 years. Who did Elway have as receivers? What about the protection? Who was blocking for both? And what about the scheme they ran? Stats are useless by themselves unless the scenarios are the same, and obviously they aren't. Your argument is so narrow and close minded it's ridiculous.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 06-18-2007, 12:45 PM    (permalink
JK17
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Look at those stats again and tell me which QB you would take. Elway had more passing yards in more games... Very Kitna'ish in your stat picking. However as we both can see as far as being a GOOD QB... Elway is getting slaughtered in stats... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA 128 INT's absolutely terrible
Right, because all games are played on paper, and stats are the end-all of every discussion....
Besides, it shows that you lie in your "points" and really have no credibility whatsoever, if that already couldn't be obtained by your lack of knowledge on the subject anyway.
Old 06-18-2007, 12:46 PM    (permalink
reese

i only pointed it out because u specifically said elway had less yards
Old 06-18-2007, 12:49 PM    (permalink
Neo
Rookie

Neo needs more cowbell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
Yes, those are the ONLY 4 people to catch passes from McNabb over the last 8 years. Who did Elway have as receivers? What about the protection? Who was blocking for both? And what about the scheme they ran? Stats are useless by themselves unless the scenarios are the same, and obviously they aren't. Your argument is so narrow and close minded it's ridiculous.
So whats your argument that Elway is better. It surely cannot be playoff or team success. It surely cannot be statistics... oh maybe its because you are a fanboy of Mr. Elway and hate on Mr. McNabb

You lose
Try again.

Love Neo
Old 06-18-2007, 12:51 PM    (permalink
JK17
Pro Bowler

Quote:
So whats your argument that Elway is better. It surely cannot be playoff or team success. It surely cannot be statistics... oh maybe its because you are a fanboy of Mr. Elway and hate on Mr. McNabb

You lose
Try again.

Love Neo
fanboy? childish behavior?
I didn't know eacantdraft had another username..

But it can certainly be playoff and team sucess, being as Elway led his team to the big game three times as compared to McNabb's one.
Old 06-18-2007, 12:52 PM    (permalink
Neo
Rookie

Neo needs more cowbell.

Repeat after me.

I (insert name) acknowledge that McNabb's first 8 seasons of his NFL career are better than Elways first 8 seasons of his career. I am sorry that i have been ignorant of this fact for so long. I personally thank Neo for showing me the light.
Old 06-18-2007, 12:53 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

Yes I'm clearly a John Elway fan boy and hate McNabb. That has to be it, that is why everyone on here hates McNabb and loves John Elway, we might as well change the site name to <3Elway<3/McNabbSUX. Once again I lose and you win, like always, if only I had your amazing knowledge.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 06-18-2007, 12:53 PM    (permalink
Neo
Rookie

Neo needs more cowbell.

Quote:
fanboy? childish behavior?
I didn't know eacantdraft had another username..

But it can certainly be playoff and team sucess, being as Elway led his team to the big game three times as compared to McNabb's one.
McNabb has a better playoff record my son... a fact that we cannot ignore. Elway has zero superbowl wins so that argument is null and void. It is funny how McNabb losing in the playoffs and superbowl is choking... but it isnt for Elway... simply foolish
Old 06-18-2007, 12:55 PM    (permalink
Neo
Rookie

Neo needs more cowbell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
Yes I'm clearly a John Elway fan boy and hate McNabb. That has to be it, that is why everyone on here hates McNabb and loves John Elway, we might as well change the site name to <3Elway<3/McNabbSUX. Once again I lose and you win, like always, if only I had your amazing knowledge.
Again my friend, bring your game to the table. How is elway's first 8 seasons better. I mean it really isnt admitting to much other than logic. You can still say Elway had a better career... he has... but you cannot say he had a better first 8 seasons that is just a bold lie.
Old 06-18-2007, 12:55 PM    (permalink
JK17
Pro Bowler

Quote:
McNabb has a better playoff record my son... a fact that we cannot ignore. Elway has zero superbowl wins so that argument is null and void. It is funny how McNabb losing in the playoffs and superbowl is choking... but it isnt for Elway... simply foolish
No one said anything about choking...just that Elway got his team farther. Learn to read a little more carefully. A fact we cannot ignore? It's one more game, and one game that is not half as significant as the games Elway played in at that point in his career.

Quote:
Repeat after me.

I (insert name) acknowledge that McNabb's first 8 seasons of his NFL career are better than Elways first 8 seasons of his career. I am sorry that i have been ignorant of this fact for so long. I personally thank Neo for showing me the light.
Ban this troll.
Old 06-18-2007, 12:56 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

WOOOW ONE MORE PLAYOFF WIN, GOOOO MCNABB, that's clearly better than 2 more SB appearances.

<njx9> <3 dg