Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 06-18-2007, 12:57 PM    (permalink
JK17
Pro Bowler

JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo View Post
Again my friend, bring your game to the table. How is elway's first 8 seasons better. I mean it really isnt admitting to much other than logic. You can still say Elway had a better career... he has... but you cannot say he had a better first 8 seasons that is just a bold lie.
Ben Roethlisbergers' first two seasons were better then Unitas', Manning's, Elway's, McNabb's, Montana's, Marino's....lets admit to that, it must mean he is on pace for a better career...

Ryan Leaf even had a good first two games...

Those are relatively small examples, but you could make arguments like this for tons of QBs and it wouldn't mean much, because a career isn't eight years, so who really cares...

Oh, and McNabb's were not better then Elways.
JK17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 12:58 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

we can all agree Jim Sorgi is clearly better than either of the 2; or any other QB for that matter
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Neo
Rookie

Neo needs more cowbell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK17 View Post
No one said anything about choking...just that Elway got his team farther. Learn to read a little more carefully. A fact we cannot ignore? It's one more game, and one game that is not half as significant as the games Elway played in at that point in his career.

Ban this troll.
They both got to the same point losing the superbowl. McNabb however has never lost in the first round of the playoffs Like Elway has done. McNabb is more successful during his first 8 seasons in the playoffs... that is fact. 7-5 is believe it or not better than 6-5...

also why should i be banned that is pretty immature
Neo is offline   Reply With Quote
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm an eagles fan, and even I have to say this is pretty dumb. McNabb is great, but he's not on Elway's level yet. I think he could be one day if he stays healthy, which is gonna be hard, if he can have full seasons like the first half of last year, he will be a first ballot HOFer, winning a SB wouldn't hurt, too, but I doubt too many people will say that he is the GOAT, like some people say for Elway. BTW Neo, your whole "Try again" crap is getting rather obnoxious, especially when they make a valid argument.
Old 06-18-2007, 01:00 PM    (permalink
Neo
Rookie

Neo needs more cowbell.

Quote:
Ben Roethlisbergers' first two seasons were better then Unitas', Manning's, Elway's, McNabb's, Montana's, Marino's....lets admit to that, it must mean he is on pace for a better career...

Ryan Leaf even had a good first two games...

Those are relatively small examples, but you could make arguments like this for tons of QBs and it wouldn't mean much, because a career isn't eight years, so who really cares...

Oh, and McNabb's were not better then Elways.
On your first point... not really Roethlisberger did put up good #'s and win a superbowl but never threw for 3000, never threw for 20 tds ect.

Also notice how you pick 2 years and 2 games... we are talking 8 years thats a pretty long time my friend. If it doesnt mean so much then just admit to a fact. They were better sorry my friend.
Old 06-18-2007, 01:00 PM    (permalink
JK17
Pro Bowler

JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
They both got to the same point losing the superbowl. McNabb however has never lost in the first round of the playoffs Like Elway has done. McNabb is more successful during his first 8 seasons in the playoffs... that is fact. 7-5 is believe it or not better than 6-5...
They both lost in the Super Bowl...Elway got there more times though, so you couldn't have missed the point more...

If I could trade 2 First round eliminations for 3 Super Bowl appearances, I'd hop all over that....especially compare to what McNabb had...7-5 and 6-5 is one games difference....I'll take 6-5 all day long if it means i ge to more super bowls...

Quote:
also why should i be banned that is pretty immature
You have no right to talk about immature..."I win you lose" ... "Try Again"...etc.
Old 06-18-2007, 01:01 PM    (permalink
Neo
Rookie

Neo needs more cowbell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
I'm an eagles fan, and even I have to say this is pretty dumb. McNabb is great, but he's not on Elway's level yet. I think he could be one day if he stays healthy, which is gonna be hard, if he can have full seasons like the first half of last year, he will be a first ballot HOFer, winning a SB wouldn't hurt, too, but I doubt too many people will say that he is the GOAT, like some people say for Elway. BTW Neo, your whole "Try again" crap is getting rather obnoxious, especially when they make a valid argument.

First read the post home-slice it is about McNabb's first 8 seasons vs Elways first 8 seasons. McNabb's first 8 are significantly better.
Old 06-18-2007, 01:03 PM    (permalink
CT Bronco Fan
Team Leader
Veteran

CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
First read the post home-slice it is about McNabb's first 8 seasons vs Elways first 8 seasons. McNabb's first 8 are significantly better.
3 Superbowls > 1 Superbowl
Old 06-18-2007, 01:03 PM    (permalink
Neo
Rookie

Neo needs more cowbell.

Quote:
They both lost in the Super Bowl...Elway got there more times though, so you couldn't have missed the point more...

If I could trade 2 First round eliminations for 3 Super Bowl appearances, I'd hop all over that....especially compare to what McNabb had...7-5 and 6-5 is one games difference....I'll take 6-5 all day long if it means i ge to more super bowls...

You have no right to talk about immature..."I win you lose" ... "Try Again"...etc.
I thought in the playoffs if you lose... then you dont get a ring. Neither have a ring, McNabb has more playoff success. You simply do not make much of a point to me. Since when do we start hyping losing in the superbowl. Jim Kelly is the man.

Also again with playoff success, team success, stat success all favoring McNabb you people fight logic your hardest to defend him... cute
Old 06-18-2007, 01:04 PM    (permalink
Neo
Rookie

Neo needs more cowbell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CT Bronco Fan View Post
3 Superbowls > 1 Superbowl
You mean 0-0

who has a better record in the playoffs.

McNabb

Who is more of a winner?

McNabb
Old 06-18-2007, 01:05 PM    (permalink
JK17
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I thought in the playoffs if you lose... then you dont get a ring. Neither have a ring, McNabb has more playoff success. You simply do not make much of a point to me. Since when do we start hyping losing in the superbowl. Jim Kelly is the man.

Also again with playoff success, team success, stat success all favoring McNabb you people fight logic your hardest to defend him... cute
Getting to the Super Bowl three times is a hell of a lot more successful then getting there once, and having one more postseason win...

Playoff Success (Elway), Team Success (Elway), Stats (Most McNabb)...
use your logic.
Old 06-18-2007, 01:06 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love how Elway's losses in the SB don't count for anything, but McNabb's losses in the NFC championship game make him better. Please explain how one more playoff win is better than 2 SB appearances?

Do you think there is a reason that NO ONE agrees with you, not even Eagles fans? Do you ever think your arguments make no sense? You keep saying the same things over and over no matter how much they aren't true.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 01:07 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You mean 0-0

who has a better record in the playoffs.

McNabb

Who is more of a winner?

McNabb
I'm sorry but Elway cant hear you, his super bowl rings are making too much noise
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 01:07 PM    (permalink
Neo
Rookie

Neo needs more cowbell.

Quote:
Getting to the Super Bowl three times is a hell of a lot more successful then getting there once, and having one more postseason win...

Playoff Success (Elway), Team Success (Elway), Stats (Most McNabb)...
use your logic.
The playoffs is the playoffs is the playoffs. McNabb has a better record in the playoffs sorry. Again... you are fighting logic... defend his 128 INT's compared to McNabb's 72...
Old 06-18-2007, 01:08 PM    (permalink
Neo
Rookie

Neo needs more cowbell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
I'm sorry but Elway cant hear you, his super bowl rings are making too much noise
Not after 8 seasons they arent
Old 06-18-2007, 01:09 PM    (permalink
JK17
Pro Bowler

Quote:
The playoffs is the playoffs is the playoffs. McNabb has a better record in the playoffs sorry. Again... you are fighting logic... defend his 128 INT's compared to McNabb's 72...
Playoff Success=Getting to the Super Bowl...not every game is the same, and Elway got there three times....
FIND ME ONE PERSON who would take one more win in the playoffs, but two less Super Bowl appearances...

Brett Favre throws a hell of a lot of interceptions too...Is McNabb better then him? Stats don't mean as much as your twisting them too...
Old 06-18-2007, 01:09 PM    (permalink
Neo
Rookie

Neo needs more cowbell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
I love how Elway's losses in the SB don't count for anything, but McNabb's losses in the NFC championship game make him better. Please explain how one more playoff win is better than 2 SB appearances?

Do you think there is a reason that NO ONE agrees with you, not even Eagles fans? Do you ever think your arguments make no sense? You keep saying the same things over and over no matter how much they aren't true.
You dont even have an argument. Elway has Zero rings after 8 seasons, a worse record in the playoffs, significantly worse #'s in very important stats like INT's.

McNabb's first 8 seasons are better than elways i am sorry to have to inform you of that.
Old 06-18-2007, 01:10 PM    (permalink
CT Bronco Fan
Team Leader
Veteran

CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Elway has Zero rings after 8 seasons,
Sir, you are incorrect, he has THREE AFC Championship rings. as apposed to just one NFC championship ring for McNabb
Old 06-18-2007, 01:11 PM    (permalink
Neo
Rookie

Neo needs more cowbell.

Quote:
Playoff Success=Getting to the Super Bowl...not every game is the same, and Elway got there three times....
FIND ME ONE PERSON who would take one more win in the playoffs, but two less Super Bowl appearances...

Brett Favre throws a hell of a lot of interceptions too...Is McNabb better then him? Stats don't mean as much as your twisting them too...
1) So he gets bonus points for losing in the superbowl... does McNabb get credit then for not losing in the first round?... i am just wondering... i am assuming going deep into the playoffs is valuable to you... because you value his superbowl losses so much.

2) Yes, but farve did have some ridiculous seasons for part of his career that McNabb hasnt toppedthus far (favre's first 8 were better than McNabbs)

Last edited by Neo : 06-18-2007 at 01:14 PM.
Old 06-18-2007, 01:13 PM    (permalink
Neo
Rookie

Neo needs more cowbell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CT Bronco Fan View Post
Sir, you are incorrect, he has THREE AFC Championship rings. as apposed to just one NFC championship ring for McNabb
So we are counting AFC championship rings now... Whats next divisional playoff hats? Silly

McNabb's first 8 are significantly better...
Old 06-18-2007, 01:13 PM    (permalink
JK17
Pro Bowler

Quote:
1) So he gets bonus points for losing in the superbowl... does McNabb get credit then for not losing in the first round?... i am just wondering... i am assuming going deep into the playoffs is valuable to you... because you value his superbowl losses so much.
1) Yes you do. It means Elway won 3 AFC Championships, to McNabb's 1 NFC Championships. Going to the Super Bowl is important, McNabb gets credit for not losing in the first round, but not nearly as much as Elway for winning 3 AFC Championships.

Quote:
2) Yes
2) So are there any other NFL Legends you want to spit on? Elway, Favre...is McNabb better then Montana as well?
Old 06-18-2007, 01:14 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The only thing I see better is the TD-INT ratio, but that's just stats, a lot of things factor in what makes someone a good football player, don't get me wrong, I am a huge McNabb supporter, but you have to stop drinking the green Kool-Aid.
Old 06-18-2007, 01:16 PM    (permalink
Neo
Rookie

Neo needs more cowbell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
The only thing I see better is the TD-INT ratio, but that's just stats, a lot of things factor in what makes someone a good football player, don't get me wrong, I am a huge McNabb supporter, but you have to stop drinking the green Kool-Aid.
Over 50 less INT's with more TD passes and a higher completion %. PLUS rushing yards and rushing TD's. McNabb destroys Elway statistically. Now we go to playoffs where McNabb has also had more success posting a 7-5 playoff record compared to Elways 6-5 record in the playoffs.
Old 06-18-2007, 01:17 PM    (permalink
Neo
Rookie

Neo needs more cowbell.

Incase you people missed it i was nice enough to make a simple layout for you to copy and paste

Repeat after me.

I (insert name) acknowledge that McNabb's first 8 seasons of his NFL career are better than Elways first 8 seasons of his career. I am sorry that i have been ignorant of this fact for so long. I personally thank Neo for showing me the light.
Old 06-18-2007, 01:17 PM    (permalink
JK17
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Over 50 less INT's with more TD passes and a higher completion %. PLUS rushing yards and rushing TD's. McNabb destroys Elway statistically. Now we go to playoffs where McNabb has also had more success posting a 7-5 playoff record compared to Elways 6-5 record in the playoffs.
Destroys? He has 4% points better then Elway...Elway has more yards then him...how is this destroying him?

And no, the consensus will tell you Elway had more playoff success...its logic..