Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-18-2007, 02:19 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: The Lynn Swan of SWDC Hall of Fame
Posts: 18,270
Reputation: 210983
Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Stats are so different in today's era. Anyone with any knowledge of historical context would know this. That's like saying Donovan McNabb is a better player than Terry Bradshaw or Johnny Unitas. It is a stupid argument, through and through. By posting this you show that you are some immature, Eagles homer, who doesn't truly know the game of football.
__________________

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 02:20 PM    (permalink
Neo
Rookie
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 321
Reputation: -60
Neo needs more cowbell.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK17 View Post
Destroys? He has 4% points better then Elway...Elway has more yards then him...how is this destroying him?

And no, the consensus will tell you Elway had more playoff success...its logic..
Yeah having a worse record is significantly more logical than a better record. With neither holding a championship ya gotta go with the best Record... thats logic.

128 INT's Elway (btw god awful)
72 INT's McNabb (btw one of the best in NFL history, in INT/PA)
Neo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 02:21 PM    (permalink
Neo
Rookie
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 321
Reputation: -60
Neo needs more cowbell.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
Stats are so different in today's era. Anyone with any knowledge of historical context would know this. That's like saying Donovan McNabb is a better player than Terry Bradshaw or Johnny Unitas. It is a stupid argument, through and through. By posting this you show that you are some immature, Eagles homer, who doesn't truly know the game of football.
Not really i dont care all that much about the eagles... i am just using FACTS to point out that McNabb's first 8 seasons are significantly better than Elways. In all parts of the game called football.

Also Terry Bradshaw wasnt that good.
Neo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 02:21 PM    (permalink
CT Bronco Fan
Team Leader
Veteran
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 1,851
Reputation: 80045
CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo View Post
Yeah having a worse record is significantly more logical than a better record. With neither holding a championship ya gotta go with the best Record... thats logic.

128 INT's Elway (btw god awful)
72 INT's McNabb (btw one of the best in NFL history, in INT/PA)
The funniest part is you wouldn't of even known those numbers if I hadn't looked them up for you.
CT Bronco Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 02:22 PM    (permalink
JK17
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Jersey
Posts: 2,417
Reputation: 1574
JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo View Post
Yeah having a worse record is significantly more logical than a better record. With neither holding a championship ya gotta go with the best Record... thats logic.

128 INT's Elway (btw god awful)
72 INT's McNabb (btw one of the best in NFL history, in INT/PA)
Elway has 3 AFC Championships...
McNabb has 1 NFC Championship...

No one is defending Elway's Interceptions, but your way too into these stats.

And please stop saying McNabb blows Elway away, its not true in stats.
JK17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 02:22 PM    (permalink
Neo
Rookie
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 321
Reputation: -60
Neo needs more cowbell.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CT Bronco Fan View Post
The funniest part is you wouldn't of even known those numbers if I hadn't looked them up for you.
Actually you can see i posted those #'s maybe a month ago on the eagles team board you can do a search if you like. It is in the main thread...

so yet again you are wrong
try again

love neo
Neo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 02:25 PM    (permalink
Neo
Rookie
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 321
Reputation: -60
Neo needs more cowbell.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK17 View Post
Elway has 3 AFC Championships...
McNabb has 1 NFC Championship...

No one is defending Elway's Interceptions, but your way too into these stats.

And please stop saying McNabb blows Elway away, its not true in stats.

So 17 more TD's and 56 less INT's isnt blowing him away. That is one of the biggest blow outs i have ever seen.

And again McNabb has a better playoff record
Neo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 02:25 PM    (permalink
JK17
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Jersey
Posts: 2,417
Reputation: 1574
JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo View Post
So 17 more TD's and 56 less INT's isnt blowing him away. That is one of the biggest blow outs i have ever seen.

And again McNabb has a better playoff record
There are more stats then just that.

And keep telling yourself that 3 Championships to 1 Championship is less successful then a one game difference in playoff records...
JK17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 02:26 PM    (permalink
broncs2bowl
 
Posts: n/a
Reputation:
Default

Yo Neo you obnoxiuos no football knowledge smarta**. I remember you lovefest for Johnny Unitas being the best QB to ever play the game. Well obviously Elway was better with his stats because he had more yards better PCT etc. Any OMG Unitas threw 131 picks!!! THAT IS JUST DREADFUL! No way we is a good QB.

Unitas comp att PCT Yd Y/A TD INT
1st 8yrs 1489 2726 54.6 21491 7.9 168 131

"Elway's first 8 years

1959 3572 54.8 24721 135 128

Mcnabb's first 8 years

1898 3259 58.2 22080 152 72" (previously posted by you)

Even though I showed you Elway has better stats that your homeboy Unitas you still have no doubt in your mind he is the best. Which is why stats dont say anything. McNabb is not anywhere near Elway just cause he threw 20 or so more TDS and less INT. (((ALSO this just popped to my head-- McNabb has better numbers than Unitas, he is obviously better than your "Best QB of all time" isnt he)))

try again

love broncs2bowl
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 02:27 PM    (permalink
Neo
Rookie
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 321
Reputation: -60
Neo needs more cowbell.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK17 View Post
There are more stats then just that.

And keep telling yourself that 3 Championships to 1 Championship is less successful then a one game difference in playoff records...
So we are calling superbowl losses championships now... cute

you are really reaching arent you

also is 17 TD's more and 56.. yes 50 fn 6 less INT significantly better or is it not?
Neo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 02:28 PM    (permalink
JK17
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Jersey
Posts: 2,417
Reputation: 1574
JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo View Post
So we are calling superbowl losses championships now... cute

you are really reaching arent you

also is 17 TD's more and 56.. yes 50 fn 6 less INT significantly better or is it not?
No, we're calling AFC Championship Game wins....Championship Game wins...

And as equally obnoxious as Broncs2Bowl's post was, assuming his information is correct, that should tell you something about the significance of stats.
JK17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 02:29 PM    (permalink
CT Bronco Fan
Team Leader
Veteran
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 1,851
Reputation: 80045
CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

06-09-2007, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo View Post
First 8 Elway vs McNabb make a case for Elway... Seriously make your best attempt at a case... there really is none... REPEAT AFTER ME MCNABB's FIRST 8 SEASONS ARE BETTER THAN ELWAYS. (by far)
So you didn't get your point across then, and had an whole thread of people calling you wrong then, so you needed to start a new thread why?
CT Bronco Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 02:29 PM    (permalink
Neo
Rookie
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 321
Reputation: -60
Neo needs more cowbell.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncs2bowl View Post
Yo Neo you obnoxiuos no football knowledge smarta**. I remember you lovefest for Johnny Unitas being the best QB to ever play the game. Well obviously Elway was better with his stats because he had more yards better PCT etc. Any OMG Unitas threw 131 picks!!! THAT IS JUST DREADFUL! No way we is a good QB.

Unitas comp att PCT Yd Y/A TD INT
1st 8yrs 1489 2726 54.6 21491 7.9 168 131

"Elway's first 8 years

1959 3572 54.8 24721 135 128

Mcnabb's first 8 years

1898 3259 58.2 22080 152 72" (previously posted by you)

Even though I showed you Elway has better stats that your homeboy Unitas you still have no doubt in your mind he is the best. Which is why stats dont say anything. McNabb is not anywhere near Elway just cause he threw 20 or so more TDS and less INT. (((ALSO this just popped to my head-- McNabb has better numbers than Unitas, he is obviously better than your "Best QB of all time" isnt he)))

try again

love broncs2bowl

Actually i was saying Peyton Manning is the greatest QB ever. LOL


Also McNabb's first 8 seasons are better than Elways... thanks for proving my point and the personal attack.

Love Neo
Neo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 02:31 PM    (permalink
broncs2bowl
 
Posts: n/a
Reputation:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo View Post
Actually i was saying Peyton Manning is the greatest QB ever. LOL


Also McNabb's first 8 seasons are better than Elways... thanks for proving my point and the personal attack.

Love Neo
ok maybe you said Manning, but you said Unitas is definatly right after him and he is better than Elway which the stats dont prove.

try again

love b2b
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 02:33 PM    (permalink
Neo
Rookie
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 321
Reputation: -60
Neo needs more cowbell.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncs2bowl View Post
ok maybe you said Manning, but you said Unitas is definatly right after him and he is better than Elway which the stats dont prove.

try again

love b2b
You mean "Neo you are right you def did say Manning"... Actually i never said Unitas is definately right after him... Wrong again, i would never make such an illogical claim

try again

love neo
Neo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 02:33 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Stalking Brian Leonard and Raymell Rice
Posts: 24,661
Reputation: 4323141
scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

until anyone here gives me proof as to why Jim Sorgi isnt better than either of the 2, i will stand my ground
__________________
We ALL bleed scarlet
New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 02:34 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: vb
Posts: 12,599
Reputation: 12392
neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo View Post
So we are calling superbowl losses championships now... cute

you are really reaching arent you

also is 17 TD's more and 56.. yes 50 fn 6 less INT significantly better or is it not?
Im sick and tired of you.
AFC/NFC Championships you genius
__________________



Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 02:34 PM    (permalink
broncs2bowl
 
Posts: n/a
Reputation:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo View Post
You mean "Neo you are right you def did say Manning"... Actually i never said Unitas is definately right after him... Wrong again, i would never make such an illogical claim

try again

love neo
actually you did say Unitas is better than Elway because I had an argument with you
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 02:35 PM    (permalink
Neo
Rookie
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 321
Reputation: -60
Neo needs more cowbell.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko4 View Post
Im sick and tired of you.
AFC/NFC Championships you genius
I didnt know they were important i thought in the playoffs your goal was to win the superbowl. Neither did thru 8 seasons. McNabb however did however walk off the field a winner in the playoffs more times during his first 8 seasons.
Neo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 02:36 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: vb
Posts: 12,599
Reputation: 12392
neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo View Post
You mean "Neo you are right you def did say Manning"... Actually i never said Unitas is definately right after him... Wrong again, i would never make such an illogical claim

try again

love neo
Dont even get me started again. Manning plays in warm weather, in a dome, with a great offensive line, a HOF WR, and a pro bowl WR and TE, and he once had a Pro bowl HB

Unitas had two good players, and besides that was 100000000 times tougher than Manning.
__________________



Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 02:36 PM    (permalink
Neo
Rookie
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 321
Reputation: -60
Neo needs more cowbell.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncs2bowl View Post
actually you did say Unitas is better than Elway because I had an argument with you
Not really... i couldnt care less about Johnny U... I care about stone cold hard facts.

Like the following

McNabb's first 8 seasons are better than Elways first 8 seasons. Who is going to be the first to admit that they are wrong. You can go to pages 3 and 4 and find a simple copy and paste.
Neo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 02:37 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: vb
Posts: 12,599
Reputation: 12392
neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo View Post
I didnt know they were important i thought in the playoffs your goal was to win the superbowl. Neither did thru 8 seasons. McNabb however did however walk off the field a winner in the playoffs more times during his first 8 seasons.
Yes, but he only made the Super Bowl once, Elway 3 times
__________________



Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 02:37 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Stalking Brian Leonard and Raymell Rice
Posts: 24,661
Reputation: 4323141
scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

http://www.denverbroncos.com/resourc...0Pix/elway.jpg



^ Donovan's trophy case
__________________
We ALL bleed scarlet
New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 02:39 PM    (permalink
Neo
Rookie
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 321
Reputation: -60
Neo needs more cowbell.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko4 View Post
Dont even get me started again. Manning plays in warm weather, in a dome, with a great offensive line, a HOF WR, and a pro bowl WR and TE, and he once had a Pro bowl HB

Unitas had two good players, and besides that was 100000000 times tougher than Manning.
1) Stick to the topic at hand
2) Manning has never missed a game... but in 1958 that punk unitas missed 2 games... i dont know why... but i do know that makes him a punk, unlike the warrior known as manning who would have played.


McNabb's first 8 seasons are better than Elways... fact
Neo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 02:40 PM    (permalink
reese
 
Posts: n/a
Reputation:
Default

mcnabb is probley my fav qb in the nfl...and has been for the last few years...but this argument could go on forever...it comes down to how a person views sucess...if ud rather have 1 conference championship and better stats and thats what u think is a better start to ur career then thats just what u think...now normal ppl would probley take lesser stats but 3 conference championships and say thats better and i would agree...now i think that the 2 are very close over there 1st 8 years...i think its alot closer then what some of the elway supporters think...i also think elway is the 2nd best qb to ever play the game so its not like i dont like elway...me personally id take elway over the 1st 8 years becuz every teams goal is to get to the superbowl...and of course elway did it more....but were not gonna change neo's view on what more sucessful is so we should just stop tryin
  Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:54 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.