Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 06-19-2007, 10:06 AM    (permalink
DSlay4

Default The same players that struggled last season will most likely struggle again

Marcus Spears - I dont give a damn about the change in our defense, everytime I looked at Spears during a play he was either on the ground or getting manhandled.

Julius Jones - He claims Parcells made him run like a robot...WHY? because Parcells told him to hit the hole like a running back is suppose to. Also if i remember correctly, Jones couldn't make a safety miss if his life depended on it. Did Parcells also tell him to go down as soon as there was a bit of contact?

Bradie James - According to him he did not going against guards all the time...WHAT A *****!! Does that explain how Mike Karney OWNED him all day when we played the saints. He sounds like a linebacker that doesnt like contact. Maybe he shouldve been a safety instead of a linebacker... In most defenses that are effective Linebackers have to fill gaps and i dont hear any of them complaining.

In all honesty, I am just disgusted at all of this Parcells bashing and im almost ashamed to be a Cowboys fan. Football is the one sport were you dont make excuses you just man up and play, and then we have these pansies blaming there lack of production on a coach when maybe they should blame there LACK OF HEART.

The new 3-4 is not going to solve all of our problems. I've been watching a few of the Chargers games on NFL Replay, and they really werent all that dominant. They were still susceptible to the big play, and they werent as aggressive as some on this board claim.
Old 06-19-2007, 12:36 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Aren't you ja negative Nancy.

Listen, by the end on this upcoming season, all your claims may end up being true. But I find it a bit irrational that you leave little leeway for the possibility that these guys may have good or great seasons. We just don't know. Now I'm on board when it comes to the Parcells bashing, that's not cool. But as I said before the silver lining of it all, is that these guys feel confident in the new system, they feel they can be more productive. Now if they don't, no more excuses should be tolerated from them.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 02:26 PM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSlay4 View Post
Marcus Spears - I dont give a damn about the change in our defense, everytime I looked at Spears during a play he was either on the ground or getting manhandled.
Even if we can agree on other argument, we can't on this one.
Marcus Spears wasn't an effective pass rusher, didn't play up to his potential, but he never got pushed back or to the ground. Spears is very powerful, it's very difficult to push him, he holds his ground VERY well.
Yes he was an horrendous pass rusher, and wasn't for sure a playmaker, but still he was an effective run defender and, like Chris Canty, he hold his ground very well. Our line wasn't manhandled once that I remember, they couldn't penetrate to save their life, but it didn't happen often that they were pushed back.

Take a look at this video and you can see what I mean

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eilLXjN8P80

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 11:29 PM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I disagree with your assessment of Spears. He is a much better fit in the Phillips 3-4 and should get much better. Still may not live up to his draft status, but will be better than his past disappointing seasons.
Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 03:00 AM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There are two guys that frustrate me. The first is Bradie James. And I was real high on him in college. IMO, Bradie seems slow compared to Akin.

The second is Carpenter. I know there are several Carpenter fans on here, and I am probably about to make some enemies. But...Carpenter's play recognition seems a step slower than the others. Either that, or he is not explosive.

Also, and this maybe a topic for a seperate post, but I went back through some scouting reports on him recently. They all talked about his talent, and I dont think that should be in question. But several of them did mention his first steps as a play developes make it appear that he is confused, which puts him out of place to start with.

I am on board also with the Parcell bashing. That was stupid on their part, because they either play well this season, or they are crybabies.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/afte...man/1114044540
HEISMANHERSCHEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 10:01 AM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEISMANHERSCHEL View Post
There are two guys that frustrate me. The first is Bradie James. And I was real high on him in college. IMO, Bradie seems slow compared to Akin.

The second is Carpenter. I know there are several Carpenter fans on here, and I am probably about to make some enemies. But...Carpenter's play recognition seems a step slower than the others. Either that, or he is not explosive.

Also, and this maybe a topic for a seperate post, but I went back through some scouting reports on him recently. They all talked about his talent, and I dont think that should be in question. But several of them did mention his first steps as a play developes make it appear that he is confused, which puts him out of place to start with.

I am on board also with the Parcell bashing. That was stupid on their part, because they either play well this season, or they are crybabies.
Play recognition will come with time. Everyone wants Carpenter to be a superstar because of the spot he was drafted in. I believe you some some major improvements out of him this year.

Signature courtesy of BoneKrusher
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 10:08 AM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

robert_in_bigd hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Lots of excuses coming from the Cowboys D this off season.

Let us see how well they play in 07 and then judge BP's work.
robert_in_bigd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 07:31 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well no matter how they perform, in your mind if they play great its because Parcells drafted them and brought them to this point. If they don't you'll blame it on Jerry and/or Wade. No surprises.
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 08:07 PM    (permalink
DSlay4

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post
Well no matter how they perform, in your mind if they play great its because Parcells drafted them and brought them to this point. If they don't you'll blame it on Jerry and/or Wade. No surprises.
My point is it's not a coaches fault if a player does good or bad. It's simply the players fault(Unless the coach is Tom Coughlin).
Old 06-25-2007, 09:54 PM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post
Not sure about all that but ...
Old 06-26-2007, 09:36 AM    (permalink
LSUALUM99
Veteran

LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Let me ask you. Does it have to be the fault of BP or the Current coaches?

What I mean is that we expect players to get better during their first few years of playing. We expect Romo to play better. We expect Canty, Spears, Carpenter, Watkins, Hatcher, Burnett, etc to play better. We would expect this under Parcells and under Phillips. If they get better and the defense performs better is that necessarily the fault of the previous coaching staff? Is it necessarily the work of the new coaching staff?

Is Tony Dungy a better coach than John Gruden? After all Gruden won the super bowl with Dungy's players. Of course after that, Gruden has been terrible and Dungy has had one of the best 3 or 4 teams in the NFL for going on 5 years in a row.

Designs by Thule

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMWSackMachine View Post
I just wanna warn you guys not to take TNew41 too seriously. He's....let's just say, special. He's fairly harmless, though. He just needs several years of seasoning before he tries to make any more points, is all.
LSUALUM99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 10:04 AM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSUALUM99 View Post

What I mean is that we expect players to get better during their first few years of playing. We expect Romo to play better. We expect Canty, Spears, Carpenter, Watkins, Hatcher, Burnett, etc to play better. We would expect this under Parcells and under Phillips. If they get better and the defense performs better is that necessarily the fault of the previous coaching staff? Is it necessarily the work of the new coaching staff?

Is Tony Dungy a better coach than John Gruden? After all Gruden won the super bowl with Dungy's players. Of course after that, Gruden has been terrible and Dungy has had one of the best 3 or 4 teams in the NFL for going on 5 years in a row.
Stop being logical with the BP bashers.
Old 06-27-2007, 12:45 PM    (permalink
dc4life
Rookie

dc4life needs more cowbell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSUALUM99 View Post

Can't you make the same arguement of saying that was Gruden's Raiders as well. I mean didn't he leave the Raiders and go to the Bucs the following season, where they won the superbowl? So you can argue it both ways. Gruden's former players (Raiders) made it to the Superbowl under Callahan.

Last edited by dc4life : 06-27-2007 at 12:48 PM.
dc4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 05:40 PM    (permalink
LSUALUM99
Veteran

LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

But you are still making the same argument. You are saying that Gruden was a failure because he didn't make it to the super bowl with those players and Callahan did. Callahan ended up being a washout.

So the point is the same. If Wade takes this team to the Super Bowl, does it reflect on Bill Parcells at all? I think using the Gruden argument (in TB or not in Oakland) shows that it has very little reflection on the previous coach.

Designs by Thule

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMWSackMachine View Post
I just wanna warn you guys not to take TNew41 too seriously. He's....let's just say, special. He's fairly harmless, though. He just needs several years of seasoning before he tries to make any more points, is all.
LSUALUM99 is offline   Reply With Quote