Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 06-19-2007, 11:22 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Cowher secretly planning 2008 return?

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/nfl

A league source tells Pro Football Talk that there is already talk in league circles that former Steelers coach Bill Cowher is planning his potential return to the NFL. Per the source, Cowher already has spoken with multiple teams about filling a potential vacancy in 2008. The source also says that one of Cowher's demands will be full control over the football operations. The teams, the source says, are believed to be the Browns, Redskins, and Panthers.
Old 06-19-2007, 11:29 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This issue was discussed when he initially retired. It's all about a change of scenery and I think if Carolina began vacant that he would jump at that job in a minute.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 11:31 AM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Cowher took over the Panthers, they might actually live up to their potential.

Also, back in my NFC East write-up, I included the New York Giants in addition to the Redskins, Panthers, and Browns as potential landing sites for Coach Chin.
Geo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 11:33 AM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If he went to the Browns that would just be weird...
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 11:40 AM    (permalink
Sveen
Pro Bowler

Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It wouldn't surprise me to see him as someones head coach by this time next year.

Signature made by me

Sveen's 2014 NFL Draft Spreadsheet
Sveen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 11:42 AM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
Not at all, he played and begun his coaching career in Cleveland.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 11:42 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
yea that would be messed up.
Old 06-19-2007, 11:43 AM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It will be Washington. Where the money is for him and his players. I can't see the Panthers dropping Fox...

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 11:44 AM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinslowBodden View Post
Not at all, he played and begun his coaching career in Cleveland.
I don't mean if he made the decision to go there, just that idea for Bengals and Ravens fans playing against him for years and years when he was a Steeler then suddenly he's a Brown. Things just wouldn't seem right lol
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 11:45 AM    (permalink
Phrost

If Cowher went to the NFC South that would be crazy. This division keeps getting better and better.
Old 06-19-2007, 11:47 AM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBond93 View Post
I can't see the Panthers dropping Fox...
Maybe they are content with the memory of 2003 to keep them warm come late January/early February.
Old 06-19-2007, 11:48 AM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's a good coach, and the team has been up and down mostly due to injuries. I'd stick with him to rebuild again myself...

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 11:49 AM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In my opinion I think the redskins will go after Russ Grimm in the offseason. Former Hog who will be brought in to instill toughness. Bill Cowher would be shot on sight if he agreed to coach the Cleveland Browns.
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 11:55 AM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Are you kidding? The Dawg Pound would welcome Bill Cowher with open arms and bright smiles, man. As stated above, Cowher not only played for the Browns and was a member of Marty Schottenheimer's coaching staff, but he perenially puts a solid team on the field and into the playoffs - a measure of success that the denizens of Cleveland achingly long to get back to. Plus, it's a great stick in the eye of the overblown Steelers.
Old 06-19-2007, 11:58 AM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
Are you kidding? The Dawg Pound would welcome Bill Cowher with open arms and bright smiles, man. As stated above, Cowher not only played for the Browns and was a member of Marty Schottenheimer's coaching staff, but he perenially puts a solid team on the field and into the playoffs - a measure of success that the denizens of Cleveland achingly long to get back to. Plus, it's a great stick in the eye of the overblown Steelers.
I mean by Steelers fans.
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 12:00 PM    (permalink
jag
Veteran

jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would actually like Bill in Cleveland, IMO it's a good fit. i.e 3-4 Defense, young QB and solid O-Line...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Chris View Post
It's just a ******* dog By Michael Vick
Check out the Dailyer Nebraskan
http://www.dailyernebraskan.com
421 Witness
756*
jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 12:09 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It will be Washington. Where the money is for him and his players. I can't see the Panthers dropping Fox...
From what I have heard, Lerner is willing to offer him the house in terms of money, and the Browns have good spending money, the only problem is we dont have a first round pick next year, but we got 2 this year in Quinn/Thomas which would really help.

I'm not ready to give up on Crennel though, hes a defensive guy and everything out of mini camp is that the defense looks amazing and the offense looks horrible (new offense in place.) granted it is mini camp, I just think Chud will get the offense into shape and our defense will be our strength... I see the Browns as a team that will try to pound the ball and hit with some mid-yardage passes, just seems that would make the most sense with Winslow/Edwards receiving and Jamal running the ball.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
Old 06-19-2007, 12:13 PM    (permalink
Acreboy
Pro Bowler

Acreboy hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Acreboy hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
If they do he'll have a job the next day.
Acreboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 12:14 PM    (permalink
eacantdraft
Pro Bowler

eacantdraft smells like sex panther.

Quote:
I doubt it will be Washington. Danny Boy Snyder is too meddlesome of an owner for Cowher. He was spoiled in Pittsburgh where the owners were not meddlesome and believed in organization stability over firing coaches after a down season.
eacantdraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 12:19 PM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If he goes to the Browns there will be a legit riot when he makes his return to Pittsburgh.

If Carolina some how gets rid of Fox it is the perfect spot as he can stay close to home.
New York might be tempting for him.

I can't see him going to the Redskins.

Thank you Lebron James, you are truly a King Among Men.

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

I remember Marshawn Lynch

Last edited by DeathbyStat : 06-19-2007 at 12:23 PM.
DeathbyStat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 12:50 PM    (permalink
skinzzfan25
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.

Defiantly don't want him in Washington. He's a good coach and all, but it just wouldn't work out. Snyder, Gibbs, and Williams already made an agreement that when Gibbs retires, the team goes to Gregg. Based on this season's play, and how Campbell developes, I don't want Cowher coming in changing things up.

Besides, Gibbs' contract is up after 2008 I believe. And Snyder will have Ceratto as the 'GM,' something that Cowher would probably not like.
Old 06-19-2007, 12:56 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinzzfan25 View Post
Snyder, Gibbs, and Williams already made an agreement that when Gibbs retires, the team goes to Gregg.
Good luck with that.
Old 06-19-2007, 01:13 PM    (permalink
Watchman
Veteran

Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
Maybe they are content with the memory of 2003 to keep them warm come late January/early February.
You could apply that same thought process to Tampa, which may have a HC opening after the season.
Watchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 01:24 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathbyStat View Post
If he goes to the Browns there will be a legit riot when he makes his return to Pittsburgh.
Good no one will miss Pittsburgh :)

Old 06-19-2007, 01:25 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think he comes to NY. He just doesn't seem like the type of guy who would do well in NY. Plus we just got a new GM this year so I doubt they would give him full football control.