Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 06-19-2007, 01:28 PM    (permalink
skinzzfan25
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
Good luck with that.
With Gibbs as team president (or some position on the team) and Saunders still controlling the offense. It's better than bringing in a whole new coach and knocking over what you've already built up.
Old 06-19-2007, 01:40 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eacantdraft View Post
I doubt it will be Washington. Danny Boy Snyder is too meddlesome of an owner for Cowher. He was spoiled in Pittsburgh where the owners were not meddlesome and believed in organization stability over firing coaches after a down season.
Apparently, you didn't read the actual article. sure PFT is hit or miss, but hey.

"Another league source confirms that Cowher has had at least one private discussion with Redskins owner Daniel Snyder about the possibility of replacing Hall of Famer Joe Gibbs, if Gibbs calls it quits after the 2007 season."

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 06:13 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Report: Redskins deny interest in Cowher
Old 06-19-2007, 08:31 PM    (permalink
ks_perfection
Veteran

ks_perfection hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Of course they deny it. They can't let Gibbs/Williams think that there planning on replacing them for the next season.
ks_perfection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 08:40 PM    (permalink
Man_Of_Steel
Pro Bowler

Man_Of_Steel hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Nice, brings those comp picks Pittsburgh's way. If Gruden got a couple first rounders and seconds than Cowher will set Pittsburgh for the future.
Man_Of_Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 08:48 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yea,

Supposedly Cowhers Contract was written up that since he still owes Pittsburgh a year under contract, that any team wanting to sign him would have to give some sort of compensation..

Atleast thats what I read.

That would be bitchin'! ... Gruden fetches 2-1sts and 2-2nds.. we should atleast get 3-1st rounders 2-2nd rounders and 2-3rds..

It's a rape, but we'll take it.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/center]
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 08:51 PM    (permalink
ncstateviking
Rookie

ncstateviking hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

i dont know how much bearing it has. but i talked to cowher outside of a raleigh restuarant a while back. he said he has loved being home and he has enjoyed the time being away from his family. so i really dont see him going far from them. id say carolina or washington would be decent bets as they are easy driving distances. i am sure he is going to come back to coaching though. he had that look when i asked him. his answer was he hasnt thought about it much but his face had passion. idk. just thought that would be interesting to throw out there. i told him he should coach at state but alas...
ncstateviking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 09:00 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncstateviking View Post
i dont know how much bearing it has. but i talked to cowher outside of a raleigh restuarant a while back. he said he has loved being home and he has enjoyed the time being away from his family. so i really dont see him going far from them. id say carolina or washington would be decent bets as they are easy driving distances. i am sure he is going to come back to coaching though. he had that look when i asked him. his answer was he hasnt thought about it much but his face had passion. idk. just thought that would be interesting to throw out there. i told him he should coach at state but alas...
Could you imagine the team he would've had...

Mario Williams at 3-4 RDE, John McCarge/DeMario Pressley at 3-4 LDE
Tank Johnson at NT
Manny Lawson at 3-4 ROLB ... John Amanchukwu at 3-4 LOLB

NC State would've been unstoppable.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/center]
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 09:07 PM    (permalink
mcdlaxbonz13
Veteran

mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

wasn't gruden traded to the bucs for the two firsts, 2 seconds and some money

Sig by jkpigskin , thanks.
mcdlaxbonz13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 09:22 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

He'll be in NY if Coughlin gets the boot, I'm sure of it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 09:29 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He was a former Browns player and coach, and I think he'd jump on an oppurtunity to play in the AFC North again in a heartbeat if they offered him full power. Hopefully Savage and Crennel (at least Savage) won't have to be fired. I think he'd go to Cleveland though over Carolina, New York, or Washington. Washington might be more tempting though.
Old 06-19-2007, 10:13 PM    (permalink
Phrost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man_Of_Steel View Post
Nice, brings those comp picks Pittsburgh's way. If Gruden got a couple first rounders and seconds than Cowher will set Pittsburgh for the future.
That kinda **** is way over.
Old 06-19-2007, 10:18 PM    (permalink
Man_Of_Steel
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrost View Post
That kinda **** is way over.
You believe that because?

The NFL will award the comp picks and Gruden was the last coach to get comp picks. A little off-topic but look how much the Patriots gave up for Belichek. Cowher id arguably the most sought after coach of the last decade. The Steelers have him under contract, they will get compensated and chances are they will get more than Gruden got.
Old 06-19-2007, 10:30 PM    (permalink
Phrost

Quote:

The NFL will award the comp picks and Gruden was the last coach to get comp picks. A little off-topic but look how much the Patriots gave up for Belichek. Cowher id arguably the most sought after coach of the last decade. The Steelers have him under contract, they will get compensated and chances are they will get more than Gruden got.
Teams realize the risk of doing such things especially with the high bust rate of coaches.
Old 06-19-2007, 10:31 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

As a man who hates the Steelers... I'd have to think you're right.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 10:32 PM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinslowBodden View Post
Not at all, he played and begun his coaching career in Cleveland.
I sure will miss the 40-0 beat downs en-rout to championships....shouldn't you be consoling Lebrick James right now.

Thank you Lebron James, you are truly a King Among Men.

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

I remember Marshawn Lynch
DeathbyStat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 10:32 PM    (permalink
Man_Of_Steel
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrost View Post
Teams realize the risk of doing such things especially with the high bust rate of coaches.
I dont think u understand how this works.
Old 06-19-2007, 10:33 PM    (permalink
Man_Of_Steel
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
As a man who hates the Steelers... I'd have to think you're right.
Thank you, and may i say as a Steelers fan, Chad Johnson is a beast.
Old 06-19-2007, 10:36 PM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Thank you, and may i say as a Steelers fan, Chad Johnson is a beast.
To be honest with you I'd rather have Rudi Johnson

Thank you Lebron James, you are truly a King Among Men.

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

I remember Marshawn Lynch
DeathbyStat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 10:36 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Its obvious he wants to paid 10 million to 8 million. If he goes to Browns it will be weird for Steelers. But he did start out their some very long time ago. Panthers and Tampa are good choices for him. He cant come back this yr for breach of contract.

It was all a plan by him.

Like Parcelles is comming back to be gm or HC because he couldnt deal with people who couldnt go old school cough T.O. cough
Old 06-19-2007, 10:44 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathbyStat View Post
I sure will miss the 40-0 beat downs en-rout to championships....shouldn't you be consoling Lebrick James right now.
Considering I don't like the Cavs that didn't hurt one bit.

Anyways, I still stand to my original point that if Pittsburgh riot's then it would be a good thing.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 11:44 PM    (permalink
Phrost

Bring him to Tampa but I don't want the 3-4 in Tampa.
Old 06-19-2007, 11:45 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

U cant escape the 3-4 with Cowher around its lik trying to run away from his chin
Old 06-19-2007, 11:57 PM    (permalink
Phrost

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
U cant escape the 3-4 with Cowher around its lik trying to run away from his chin
Monte is god in Tampa.
Old 06-20-2007, 08:06 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Stiller View Post
Yea,
That would be bitchin'! ... Gruden fetches 2-1sts and 2-2nds.. we should atleast get 3-1st rounders 2-2nd rounders and 2-3rds..
Pitt would be compensated but your out of your mind if you really think a team will give up three first round picks for a coach.