Illinois 9 16.07%
Boise State 2 3.57%
Missouri 3 5.36%
Other(Please specify) 7 12.50%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-20-2007, 09:20 PM    (permalink
HoopsDemon12
Pro Bowler

HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.
Default declining and assending programs

There seems to be a lot of change in college football i have noticed... teams like miami, florida state, nebraska and Iowa after some nice runs are starting to lose a lot of game. no i know miami has the talent but they need to put that together...
Where as programs like Rutgers, USF, mizz and Illinios all appear to be starting to get hot... what are some other teams that have jumped up or down in your oppinions

Aswell wasnt WVU a no name school till slaton and white... or am i mistaken on that one... i only started following collge football closely two years ago or so, so i am not sure

*If i spelt the title of the thread wrong im sorry

Sig By Diehardvikingfan

Last edited by HoopsDemon12 : 06-20-2007 at 09:24 PM.
HoopsDemon12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 11:24 PM    (permalink
SunDevil450

Well WVU has always had a decent team they had some memorable wins in the 80's against PSU and a close game against Miami in the 90's however this is the best WVU team i have seen in a long time
Old 06-20-2007, 11:49 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I definately think Ron Zook is going to turn Illinois around.
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 12:12 AM    (permalink
reese

there is such a ridiculus amount of talent in florida that i voted for usf
Old 06-21-2007, 01:46 AM    (permalink
TouchdownUSC
Rookie

TouchdownUSC hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

i voted for rutgers. i think they will only get better. the big east is on its way to getting respect if teams like rutgers, louisville and west virginia can play solid year after year
TouchdownUSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 03:33 AM    (permalink
Jonny
Veteran

Jonny is a cocksman.Jonny is a cocksman.Jonny is a cocksman.

Rutgers and USF should be consistent top 25 teams. Anything more is still up in the air at this point.
Jonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 08:32 AM    (permalink
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
Pro Bowler

devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think that USF is definetly a program that is on the rise. Head Coach Jim Leavitt has done a great job with that program in the years since the program began. He should be able to find more than enough talent down there in Florida. They will be a force in the Big East for years to come.

I also think Illinois is going to make a comeback. I know that Zook is a very good seller because I have no idea how you can get 5-star recruits to a 2-10 school. I am sold on the Illini with there players now, but will Zook be able to coach all of this talent?

Thanks to Bone Krusher for the sig
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 08:53 AM    (permalink
Gchu83
Rookie

Gchu83 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Gchu83 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Rutgers...Big East schools seem to be gaining some steam. TCU always has good teams but UT and OU will always get the best players in Texas with Texas Tech and Texas A&M following suit.
Gchu83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 09:53 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rutgers, considering I'm a homer, and i have sat through many brutal seasons of 1-11, 0-12 and have watched massive beatings of 78-7, to later see 5 years later, have those 2 schools play, and have Rutgers lose by only a 2pt conversion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 09:55 AM    (permalink
-black
Pro Bowler

-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

USF....BCS Bowl game this year

-sig by jkpigskin
-black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 11:24 AM    (permalink
BufFan71
Pro Bowler

BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Colorado b/c im a homer and Hawkins in turning the program around...i hope
Old 06-21-2007, 02:58 PM    (permalink
-black
Pro Bowler

-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

FSU is going to destroy Colorado this season....and then snatch up D. Scott and ruin the Buffs dreams of getting him

-sig by jkpigskin
Old 06-21-2007, 03:13 PM    (permalink
BufFan71
Pro Bowler

BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ha yur a funny guy.....
tell me another joke funny guy
Old 06-21-2007, 03:18 PM    (permalink
Green Bay Scat
Pro Bowler

Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.

Vandy has, i remember when they couldnt compete with Anal Beads, now they can beat good programs, i mean them in the top 50? lol i can see a bowl for the first time in awhile
Green Bay Scat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 03:29 PM    (permalink
jbeans187
Veteran

jbeans187 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.jbeans187 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

This is tough, Illinois is bringing in alot of talent, but can Ron Zook coach? Rutgers is going to get alot more east coast recruits, and Schiano is great. TCU, i dont know much about them other than their defense is nasty. USF should be good the next few years with Grothe. I go to Missouri so i am bias, but our offense should be top notch, our whole season depends on our defense.

Leroy Smith - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koGD6XnAsNs
jbeans187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 04:14 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Boston College is going to improve a lot, they have done some solid recruiting and coach Jags is doing some great stuff for the team already. Plus I love the ZBS and the Josh Haden commitment. Come on EJ Manuel and Deion Walker!

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 04:19 PM    (permalink
-black
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BufFan71 View Post
ha yur a funny guy.....
tell me another joke funny guy
a joke? hmmm

knock knock of college footballs door

"whose there"

Colorado

"Colorado who?"

LMAO

-sig by jkpigskin

Last edited by -black : 06-21-2007 at 04:21 PM.
Old 06-21-2007, 04:20 PM    (permalink
-black
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
Boston College is going to improve a lot, they have done some solid recruiting and coach Jags is doing some great stuff for the team already. Plus I love the ZBS and the Josh Haden commitment. Come on EJ Manuel and Deion Walker!
EJ Manuel>>>> FSU

-sig by jkpigskin
Old 06-21-2007, 04:25 PM    (permalink
BerninWI
Rookie

BerninWI is a cocksman.BerninWI is a cocksman.BerninWI is a cocksman.BerninWI is a cocksman.BerninWI is a cocksman.

Notice how many of the schools mentioned are Big East schools? You think there might be an explanation for that supposed coincidence. Like maybe; their ascent is due largely to the fact they play in what's essentially a gift wrapped mid major conference. Half of those programs were mid majors two years ago, the other half was the low to mid range big east teams. I'm not saying there has been no improvement amongst some of the teams. Rutgers probably wouldn't even have beaten a crappy/wholly inexperience Illinois team a couple years ago, let alone beat them easily. But they aren't as good as that conference makes them look. None of them are. Programs just don't make metamorpheses overnight. But fans of these teams can take solace in the fact that; while there is little merit in the reality of improvement, perception is really all that matters in recruiting. You improve in reality thru your ficticious improvement. The positive change in Rutger's recruiting, for example, is self evident the last 2-3 years. Rutgers star per player average has increased each of the last 3 years. The same is the case with Louisville. West Virginia's jumped substantially last year. South Florida the last 3 years. Recruits know if they sign with South Florida, at least now they know they'll play in a "major" conference. I think most improvement amongst these teams the past 2 years is perception, but a couple years it will be reality, after the teams reap the rewards from better recruits.

So to answer the original question: Rutgers and Illinois; for the future.

Last edited by BerninWI : 06-21-2007 at 04:29 PM.
BerninWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 05:37 PM    (permalink
BufFan71
Pro Bowler

How is FSU gonna beat Colorado with Xavier Lee or drew weatherford at qb?
Old 06-21-2007, 05:50 PM    (permalink
Michigan
Who wants to sex Mutombo?
Pro Bowler

Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think any of these programs will become "Big Time" like the poll says, but Illinois is the only one with the potential to. They play in a major conference, have a decent sized stadium, and are becoming a recruiting power.

I can't really consider Rutgers or USF future powerhouses, as Louisville and WVA aren't even at that stage. Powerhouses are programs that guzzle up millions of dollars, consistently contend at the national level, and have hundreds of big-time recruits begging to play for them. Examples of powerhouses would be USC, OSU, Michigan, LSU, Florida, Texas, Oklahoma, etc.
Old 06-21-2007, 06:27 PM    (permalink
Jonny
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
Manuel seems like a FSU lock. I think QB is going to get BC in trouble, as TOB ignored that during the end of his tenture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BerninWI View Post
Notice how many of the schools mentioned are Big East schools? You think there might be an explanation for that supposed coincidence. Like maybe; their ascent is due largely to the fact they play in what's essentially a gift wrapped mid major conference.
Why do fans of teams from other conferences feel a need to bash on the Big East?

By any computer measurement in 2006, the Big East was the second best conference. They won most of their OOC games. What more do you want? Certain teams like Rutgers need to beef up the schedule in the future, but that's happening with Notre Dame etc... getting put on the schedule.

Any of the "they haven't beaten anybody" arguments fail to hold water. Who did the ACC beat in 2006? Who did the Big XII beat? Wisconsin played one of the easiest schedules in the country, no one's questioning them.

Quote:
But they aren't as good as that conference makes them look. None of them are. Programs just don't make metamorpheses overnight.
You can say this about every conference but the SEC. Which team changed "overnight"? Rutgers for one last year depended heavily on contributions from its upperclassmen that had to live through a painful rebuilding. It went from 5 to 7 to 11 wins. Did it get a few lucky bounces in 2006? Probably, but it's not going away.

Last edited by Jonny : 06-21-2007 at 06:33 PM.
Old 06-21-2007, 06:37 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rutgers should be considered a future power house seeing that Schiano is keeping in state talent here(see Anthony Davis) and is stil big down in Miami. Rutgers actually has billboards down in Florida, and Greg goes down there often to recruit.
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 06-21-2007, 06:38 PM    (permalink
Jonny
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigan View Post
I don't think any of these programs will become "Big Time" like the poll says, but Illinois is the only one with the potential to. They play in a major conference, have a decent sized stadium, and are becoming a recruiting power.

I can't really consider Rutgers or USF future powerhouses, as Louisville and WVA aren't even at that stage. Powerhouses are programs that guzzle up millions of dollars, consistently contend at the national level, and have hundreds of big-time recruits begging to play for them. Examples of powerhouses would be USC, OSU, Michigan, LSU, Florida, Texas, Oklahoma, etc.
The Big East teams are indeed far away from getting that level of fan support, and that remains the conference's biggest challenge. However, on the field, that doesn't necessarily mean anything. Big East teams kept their coaches from Miami and Alabama (and don't forget the USF coach turned down Ole Miss and K-State). This is where the Big East perhaps holds its biggest advantage over other conferences. Dantonio and Petrino left, but arguably two of the best hires arrived in Kelly and Kragthorpe.

I view the key litmus test as when the next round of conference hopping and bowl affiliations occur. The Big East surely will do better than their atrocious 2005 deal, but they need to secure another major bid to really secure the conference's future. And we're still looking for another mid-major school to step up to the plate and show that it deserves a shot at the BCS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
Rutgers should be considered a future power house seeing that Schiano is keeping in state talent here(see Anthony Davis) and is stil big down in Miami. Rutgers actually has billboards down in Florida, and Greg goes down there often to recruit.
We're doing pretty good, but we still have a way to go. The Will Hills of the world need to stay home.
Old 06-21-2007, 06:41 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonny View Post
The Big East teams are indeed far away from getting that level of fan support, and that remains the conference's biggest challenge. However, on the field, that doesn't necessarily mean anything. Big East teams kept their coaches from Miami and Alabama (and don't forget the USF coach turned down Ole Miss and K-State). This is where the Big East perhaps holds its biggest advantage over other conferences. Dantonio and Petrino left, but arguably two of the best hires arrived in Kelly and Kragthorpe.

I view the key litmus test as when the next round of conference hopping and bowl affiliations occur. The Big East surely will do better than their atrocious 2005 deal, but they need to secure another major bid to really secure the conference's future. And we're still looking for another mid-major school to step up to the plate and show that it deserves a shot at the BCS.

We're doing pretty good, but we still have a way to go. The Will Hills of the world need to stay home.
Will Hill has always said he just wants to go far away from home. My high schools QB is transfering to Hill's school and said the Will has just always wanted to get away from home, which is understandable. I also think that kid maybe trouble.
Quote: