Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Baltimore Ravens Team Forum

Baltimore Ravens Team Forum Discuss the Ravens

Old 06-24-2007, 09:41 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default McGahee article

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/Commo....aspx?id=12732

it sounds like the players like him, and the offense likes what he brings to the table. Plus he has impressed Ray Lewis and that is always good.
Old 06-24-2007, 09:58 AM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good for McGahee but until he produces on the field the jury is still out on him.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 11:18 AM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm glad he's become a part of the team so quickly. Hopefully our Offense will be much more explosive this season.
America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 11:19 AM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by America View Post
I'm glad he's become a part of the team so quickly. Hopefully our Offense will be much more explosive this season.
Not with a QB who can't throw downfield.

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
EdReedUnstoppable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 11:44 AM    (permalink
BufFan71
Pro Bowler

BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

if u watch his interviews from Buffalo, hes a funny guy, its easy to see why all the players like him

all the teammates said he worked hard in practice...

BUT u can tell he did not try in Certain games.... exp when he couldnt even get 20 yards against u guys
but when he did try he was unstoppable (any jets game)

tbh hes going to be playing on a worse o-line now than buffalo has now,
Old 06-24-2007, 12:02 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

From what I heard against Buffalo he always tried to break runs outside, and it sounds like we will send him outside a lot w/ dump passes(which McNair loves) and tosses,with our athletic o-lineman that will help him out a ton.
Old 06-24-2007, 12:09 PM    (permalink
BufFan71
Pro Bowler

BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

the problem was....he isnt tough enough to run between the tackles....
and everytime we ran him to the outside he would get rundown....

also almost every run, he danced WAY too much, he never hits the hole hard, he sits and waits for a crease.........nor does he use that nasty stiff-arm anymore :(

everytime in a game that wasnt the jets i would get excited over a 10yard run b/c that was kinda rare...

we tried to throw him some passes but he doesnt have too good of hands, and Losman overthrew him a bit

but im kinda happy, Lynch fits our scheme better, and McGahee seems to fit your scheme, and fits in well with the rest of those Miami players lol
Old 06-24-2007, 12:13 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

hmm well Ozzie and the coaches saw something in him and they have done enough good for me to trust them on this one.
Old 06-24-2007, 12:14 PM    (permalink
BufFan71
Pro Bowler

lol well i guess so....but till the season starts...thanks for a draft picks lol
Old 06-24-2007, 12:43 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wasnt McGahee playing injured most of last year? I think hes an above average RB, I mean he played in Buffalo where hes basically asked to be the entire offense, JP shows flashes but the defenses dont even care about him they stacked the box to take McGahee down, combine that with the fact that Buffalo's line was completely raw and unproven last year. I dont see anyway he cant improve.
Old 06-24-2007, 12:44 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BufFan71 View Post
lol well i guess so....but till the season starts...thanks for a draft picks lol
Yeah good luck with Trent Edwards..............................
Old 06-24-2007, 12:53 PM    (permalink
BufFan71
Pro Bowler

yeah from reading our camp reports...Edwards has been extremely good...
and wat happens if he ends up being the next schaub..it will be all b/c of Balt...

also mcgahee didnt play injured most the year...he missed 2-3 games....
and also puked on th sidelines after his 56yd TD vs the jets.

to me hes an average HB

he was not asked to be the entire offense....
the offense did SOO much better when we started to pass the ball than when we ran the ball....
Old 06-24-2007, 12:55 PM    (permalink
HoopsDemon12
Pro Bowler

HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post
Yeah good luck with Trent Edwards..............................
no we have losman we'll be fine.... sarcastic eyeroll.... but i think willis is gonna absolutly explode for you guys this year... im kinda scared

Sig By Diehardvikingfan
HoopsDemon12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 12:57 PM    (permalink
BufFan71
Pro Bowler

last time i saw Losman did pretty good last year 3,000yds 19tds 14ints 65%completion percentage, while being sacked 53 times

i dont think McGahee will explode next year for the fact, the Balt doesnt have that good of and offensive line....

if Mcgahee was still on Buffalo, i could see him exploding with our upgraded offensive line
Old 06-24-2007, 01:14 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post
Wasnt McGahee playing injured most of last year? I think hes an above average RB, I mean he played in Buffalo where hes basically asked to be the entire offense, JP shows flashes but the defenses dont even care about him they stacked the box to take McGahee down, combine that with the fact that Buffalo's line was completely raw and unproven last year. I dont see anyway he cant improve.
In the games McGahee missed last year (vs. GB, @Indy, @HOU), Losman went 2-1 with the only loss coming by one point on the road against undefeated eventual SB champs Indianapolis. These 3 games he was 42-65 with 4 TD to 1 INT. He went over the top better than ever in these games even without the eight guys up front. He led a great last minute game winning TD drive against Houston also in obvious passing situations. I'm not as worried about Losman with McGahee gone as others seem to be. He did get sacked 11 times in these 3 games though, but let it be known that these were also the first three ever starts for Terrance Pennington and first starts for Duke Preston that season also.

Nothing against McGahee on that. He should definitely have a better year and probably will perform better as a runner. As long as he actually reads your playbook I'm sure you'll enjoy having gotten him, and there's really no way for me and most others to regret sending him off because he was not going to be what he can be here (that is on him, though, and not his situation. He did not care to be here one bit) and we pretty much hated him by that point.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 01:19 PM    (permalink
dcarey20
Pro Bowler

dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.

McGahee's gonna be a beast...I've been saying that since we acquired him and I was lobbying for him to come here for the entire offseason.
Old 06-24-2007, 01:27 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BufFan71 View Post
last time i saw Losman did pretty good last year 3,000yds 19tds 14ints 65%completion percentage, while being sacked 53 times

i dont think McGahee will explode next year for the fact, the Balt doesnt have that good of and offensive line....

if Mcgahee was still on Buffalo, i could see him exploding with our upgraded offensive line
Our line isn't that great still. Walker hasn't shown to be that good and Preston hasn't shown that he can run block. We have half of a great line. I think our running game will be better this season because I like our personnel and potential attack and I expect these guys to try just a little harder than Willis did. And yes, the line is better, yet not great.
And McGahee probably would do better in Baltimore either way because they probably have something set up for him to succeed that wasn't in our offense as much (as alluded to by Ravens1991), and he'll probably actually embrace being there. I think both teams will have improved running games. I don't know enough about Baltimore's O-line to say that either one of ours is better. Terry seemed like he can be pretty good though.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 01:27 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

it sounds like Buffalo misss used him if you ask me, everybody says that he doesnt wanna go up the middle but we will send him outside a lot, from what I have read he sounds pumped to be in baltimore. With Grubbs pulling, JO run blocking, and Chester getting to the second level I think he will like this place. Plus Adam Terry is big and athletic.
Old 06-24-2007, 01:34 PM    (permalink
art vandelay
Team Leader
All-Pro

art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
it sounds like Buffalo misss used him if you ask me, everybody says that he doesnt wanna go up the middle but we will send him outside a lot, from what I have read he sounds pumped to be in baltimore. With Grubbs pulling, JO run blocking, and Chester getting to the second level I think he will like this place. Plus Adam Terry is big and athletic.
You want to get McGahee outside? Good luck. He has lost a ton of speed and is very ineffective outside. Your best bet is to send him up the middle but he will try to break it outside anyway. It's a terrible situation.
art vandelay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 01:36 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

ok I will take my chances w/ him outside, he has been working hard since he got to Baltimore there was a big article in the sun about how he is working hard and he has been to almost all of the 15 OTA sessions, I remember reading that he would just go and work out in Miami instead of Buffalo work outs and OTA.
Old 06-24-2007, 01:37 PM    (permalink
HoopsDemon12
Pro Bowler

HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.

im just impressed of what he has done in the nfl... after that knee injury whatever he does is impressive in my mind

Sig By Diehardvikingfan
HoopsDemon12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 01:45 PM    (permalink
art vandelay
Team Leader
All-Pro

art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
ok I will take my chances w/ him outside, he has been working hard since he got to Baltimore there was a big article in the sun about how he is working hard and he has been to almost all of the 15 OTA sessions, I remember reading that he would just go and work out in Miami instead of Buffalo work outs and OTA.
"Taking your chances" with McGahee won't be in favor for you. Here's what will happen: He will try to run outside and then will dance a little, try to stiff arm a few guys, and then lose yards. I just don't see how McGahee will be effective in Baltimore, you guys have a very questionable o-line to say the least and I'm not convinced that he will be in a better offense. What you do have in favor for you is that he has a better mind-set. However, he did very well his first season in Buffalo and then slacked off and wore out his welcome. I think his first season in Baltimore will be his best, and then will encounter the same problem he did in Buffalo. He just doesn't seem like a self-motivated player and that will eventually hurt him in Baltimore when the excitement of a new team and a fresh start wears off.
art vandelay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 01:59 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdReedUnstoppable View Post
Not with a QB who can't throw downfield.
I knew you would say that. Ok fine, at least our offense will appear to be more explosive.
Old 06-24-2007, 02:02 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by art vandelay View Post
"Taking your chances" with McGahee won't be in favor for you. Here's what will happen: He will try to run outside and then will dance a little, try to stiff arm a few guys, and then lose yards. I just don't see how McGahee will be effective in Baltimore, you guys have a very questionable o-line to say the least and I'm not convinced that he will be in a better offense. What you do have in favor for you is that he has a better mind-set. However, he did very well his first season in Buffalo and then slacked off and wore out his welcome. I think his first season in Baltimore will be his best, and then will encounter the same problem he did in Buffalo. He just doesn't seem like a self-motivated player and that will eventually hurt him in Baltimore when the excitement of a new team and a fresh start wears off.
Well he seemed to be a hard worker at Miami for three years. I think he just likes that environment the best, and U guys are like a brotherhood or fraternity or something. Don't forget he played last season with two broken ribs and some other injuries. He didn't like the situation there, but he still put forth a lot of effort.
Old 06-24-2007, 02:10 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee View Post
In the games McGahee missed last year (vs. GB, @Indy, @HOU), Losman went 2-1 with the only loss coming by one point on the road against undefeated eventual SB champs Indianapolis. These 3 games he was 42-65 with 4 TD to 1 INT. He went over the top better than ever in these games even without the eight guys up front. He led a great last minute game winning TD drive against Houston also in obvious passing situations. I'm not as worried about Losman with McGahee gone as others seem to be. He did get sacked 11 times in these 3 games though, but let it be known that these were also the first three ever starts for Terrance Pennington and first starts for Duke Preston that season also.

Nothing against McGahee on that. He should definitely have a better year and probably will perform better as a runner. As long as he actually reads your playbook I'm sure you'll enjoy having gotten him, and there's really no way for me and most others to regret sending him off because he was not going to be what he can be here (that is on him, though, and not his situation. He did not care to be here one bit) and we pretty much hated him by that point.
I wouldn't put too much stock into that Houston game. He had two easy 83 yard bombs to Lee Evans, 1. because Faggins isn't nearly fast enough to cover him, and 2. because our safeties cannot cover over the top. And he made a really bad decision that resulted in a pick for six. But to be fair, I do think Losman is becoming an above average QB, I'm just saying, being a Houston fan, I wouldn't guage success against us(like in the 2005 season)