Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Minnesota Vikings Team Forum

Minnesota Vikings Team Forum Discuss the Vikings

Old 06-24-2007, 06:06 PM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Fantasy Football Thread

We are in the most boring time of the NFL year, except for one thing its the Fantasy Football is just starting up. So this a new thread to discuss your team's, the value of Vikings, and Fantasy Football in general.

Ill get this started... I have just created a League for people who do not like the packers, two others signed up last night. Ill post the settings below, if any of you are interested PM me

Roster
Quarterback (QB) 1
Running Back (RB) 1
Wide Receiver (WR) 3
Tight End (TE) 1
Running Back/Wide Receiver (R/W) 1
Wide Receiver/Tight End (W/T) 1
Place Kicker (PK) 1
Defense/Special Teams (DST) 1
Bench (BN) 10
Total Roster Size 20

Scoring System
Passing:
Passing Touchdowns 6 point(s) for each
Passing Yards 1 point(s) for every 25 yard(s)
Passing Interceptions -2 point(s) for each

Rushing:
Rushing Touchdowns 6 point(s) for each 2 point(s) for each between 20 and 49 yard(s)
4 point(s) for each between 50 and + yard(s)

Rushing Yards 1 point(s) for every 10 yard(s)

Receiving:
Receiving Touchdowns 6 point(s) for each 2 point(s) for each between 50 and + yard(s)

Receiving Yards 1 point(s) for every 10 yard(s)
Receptions 1 point(s) for each

Miscellaneous:
Fumbles Lost -2 point(s) for each
Offensive Fumble Recovered for a Touchdown 6 point(s) for each
Any 2-Point Conversion (Rush, Rec, Passing) 2 point(s) for each

Place Kicking:
Field Goals Made 3 point(s) for each 1 point(s) for each between 40 and 49 yard(s)
2 point(s) for each between 50 and + yard(s)

Field Goals Missed -1 point(s) for each between 0 and 19 yard(s)
-1 point(s) for each between 20 and 29 yard(s)
-1 point(s) for each between 30 and 39 yard(s)

Extra Points Made 1 point(s) for each
Extra Points Missed -1 point(s) for each

Defense/Special Teams:
Sack 1 point(s) for each
Safety 2 point(s) for each
Interceptions 2 point(s) for each
Fumble Recovery 2 point(s) for each
Blocked Punt/FG/PAT 3 point(s) for each
TD scored by Defense 6 point(s) for each
TD scored by Special Teams 6 point(s) for each
Points Allowed by Defense 12 point(s) when between 0 and 1 point(s)
7 point(s) when between 2 and 6 point(s)
4 point(s) when between 7 and 13 point(s)
1 point(s) when between 14 and 20 point(s)
0 point(s) when between 21 and 27 point(s)
-1 point(s) when between 28 and 34 point(s)
-4 point(s) when between 35 and 41 point(s)
-7 point(s) when between 42 and + point(s)

Miscellaneous Scoring Settings:
Regular Season Game Tiebreakers Use FOXSports.com Tiebreaker System
Fractional Points for Yards Gained Yes
Negative Points for Yards Lost No

Playoffs
Playoff System 6 Teams, 3 Weeks, top 2 teams get byes
Start Playoffs Week 14

Last edited by Crazy_Chris : 06-24-2007 at 06:18 PM.
Crazy_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 10:25 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Do u do this on Yahoo? Or What because i play fantasy.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure
The Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 02:03 AM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No i did it on Msn/Fox sports
Old 06-25-2007, 03:14 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

oh I usually just do Yahoo because it easier for me. My best team i have so far is...

QB - McNabb
WR1 - Harrison
WR2 - Ocho Cinco
WR3 - Calvin Johnson
RB1 - LT
RB2 - Benson(trying to trade) lol
TE - Gates
BN - Cadillac Williams
BN - DJ Hackett
BN - Heath Miller
BN - Jason Campbell
BN - Eddie Kennison
K - Josh Brown
DEF - New England
DEF2 - Denver

I traded Donald Driver and Kellen Winslow for CJ and Gates.

I think is a great team right now on paper.

Old 06-25-2007, 05:59 PM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Never tried Yahoo... Thats a damn good team though i think McNabb is going to have Monster year A la last year before the injury, and jason cambpell could have a very good year as well. Should try to work out some deal For AP i think he will have Double Digit TD's for us this year
Old 06-25-2007, 09:49 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

yeah but its the Sharing time...thats why i havent taken him.

Old 06-25-2007, 10:44 PM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Yea thats true, the sad thing is even with him being a rookie and sharing time with Chester Taylor he is still the by far the most valuable viking player
Old 06-26-2007, 10:34 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dynasty View Post
oh I usually just do Yahoo because it easier for me. My best team i have so far is...

QB - McNabb
WR1 - Harrison
WR2 - Ocho Cinco
WR3 - Calvin Johnson
RB1 - LT
RB2 - Benson(trying to trade) lol
TE - Gates
BN - Cadillac Williams
BN - DJ Hackett
BN - Heath Miller
BN - Jason Campbell
BN - Eddie Kennison
K - Josh Brown
DEF - New England
DEF2 - Denver

I traded Donald Driver and Kellen Winslow for CJ and Gates.

I think is a great team right now on paper.

Dont trade Benson hes gonna break out this year. 1000 yards and 10 TD's. That O-line is to good and hes to talented for anything less.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 07:25 PM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Yeah he could but benson had trouble staying healthy his rookie year and he was roughed up a little bit last year too and he got injured in the Superbowl(dont know the status of that injury) but it kind of makes you wonder if he will be able hold up throughout the season when he has to carry the load
Old 06-29-2007, 07:00 PM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Just got done with my first draft of the season heres who i came out with...

QB: Marc Bulger
RB: Steven Jackson
WR: Larry Fitzgerald
WR: Dieon Branch
WR/RB: Edgerrin James
TE: Alger Crumpler
DST: Pittsburgh
K: Nate Kaeding

BN: Ben Roethlisberger
BN: Donte Stalworth
BN: Bernard Berrian
BN: Dallas Clark
BN: Leon Washington
BN: Chris Brown

Im not estatic about it but i am feeling confident
Old 06-29-2007, 07:08 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

Im not feeling your Running Backs at All other than Jackson. Edge is still going to have a tough time i think witht hat Offensive Line, and Leon Washington wont get as much playing time with Thomas Jones and then Brown still iffy. Fitz and Branch are good WRS.

Old 06-29-2007, 07:17 PM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

I think that Edge is going to bounce back very well this year. He was bringing it together towards the end of last year even with that horrible o-line. The cardinals also added Levi Brown and got a better coach to help that o-line. It's just one of them feelings i thought about the pick and i just felt good about it so i did it.

I don't like my other two running backs that much but i think Chris brown has a decent chance to beat out both Lendale White and Chris Henry for the starting job in Tenessee and i got with the second to last pick in the entire draft. Leon washington was explosive last year they picked up Thomas jones but i think he will still get a fair amount of touches.
Old 06-30-2007, 01:14 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If I were any of you guys, I would draft any players yet. I'd wait till the end of training camp.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 05:31 PM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

I am i have one other league i am in that doesnt draft until augst 31st. than the league i created for packer haters doesn't draft until september 1st
Old 07-01-2007, 08:30 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

If i make a Leauge on yahoo who would join it? jw

Old 07-02-2007, 02:04 AM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Depends on when the draft was and the roster settings.
Old 07-02-2007, 01:58 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

ill do the draft later in the summer and the roster is the same how it always is QB, WR, WR, WR, RB, RB, TE, K, DEF

15 Rounds.

Old 07-03-2007, 12:17 AM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Yea sure i guess i could give yahoo a shot
Old 07-03-2007, 03:38 PM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Just finished my Second Draft had the 5th pick out of 10...

QB:Marc Bulger
RB:Frank Gore
RB/WR:Clinton Portis
WR:Chad Johnson
WR:Randy Moss
WR/TE:Santana Moss
TE:L.J. Smith
K:Nate Kaeding
DST: Denver

BN:Mark Clayton
BN:Heath Miller
BN:Chester Taylor
BN:Jerious Norwood
BN:Steve McNair
BN:Minnesota Defense
BN:Josh Brown
BN:Sidney Rice

only thing i dont really like is the TE's
Old 07-08-2007, 08:21 PM    (permalink
the_Kid
Rookie

the_Kid hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I just finished my first ever fantasy draft:

QB:drew brees
WR:steve smith
WR:anquan boldin
WR:braylon edwards
RB:clinton portis
RB:adrian peterson
TE:anthony gonzalez
K:jason elam
DEF:baltimore
BN:michail vick
BN:dominic rhodes
BN:nate burleson
BN:troy williamson
BN:desmond clark
BN:sidney rice
the_Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 11:15 PM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Qb:Good, personally im not sold on Drew brees putting up numbers like last year but he will still be decent. Michael Vick is a good backup as long as he is playing this year and not in jail

WR's:Steve Smith & Anquan boldin is a great combo Braylon Edwards could have a nice year but i wouldn't be willing to bet on it with their QB situation. I like sidney rice i think he could wind up having a marques colston kind of year but im not to sold on Troy Williamson right now.

RB's:this is the position that you are the worst of at, Clinton Portis I think will come back strong but after that you are not to great off AD i think will be a monster for us this year getting double digit TDs but he's probably not going to get a whole lot of carries while he's sharing time with Chester Taylor. Dominic Rhodes is sharing time with Lamont Jordan and he just got Suspended for the first 4 games of the year so now he could potentially lose his spot on the depth chart to Michael Bush(if Healthy) or if lamont jordan plays like he did a couple of years ago dominic might not see much time

TE:Tony Gonzalez is a great TE
DEF:Baltimore what bad can be said about them?

All in all not too bad for your first time.
Old 07-09-2007, 07:17 PM    (permalink
giver17
Rookie

giver17 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.giver17 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
ill do the draft later in the summer and the roster is the same how it always is QB, WR, WR, WR, RB, RB, TE, K, DEF

15 Rounds.
yeah I would be up for that. I use yahoo already for my other league. its not too bad. count me in

giver17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 07:24 PM    (permalink
DHVF
All-NFLDC

DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
If i make a Leauge on yahoo who would join it? jw
I think i'd be up for it.

DHVF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 07:26 PM    (permalink
BuckNaked
All-NFLDC

BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sure, why not
BuckNaked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 10:01 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

Okay Ill make the league and set the draft date around the end of august? What time should it be then?