Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Minnesota Vikings Team Forum

Minnesota Vikings Team Forum Discuss the Vikings

Old 07-10-2007, 05:34 PM    (permalink
giver17
Rookie

giver17 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.giver17 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dynasty View Post
Okay Ill make the league and set the draft date around the end of august? What time should it be then?
make it sometime in that last week of august... like the last sunday or something

giver17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 11:53 PM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im in shock right now... someone in one of my leagues dropped Andre Johnson and his other wide recievers are Reggie Wayne(good but it gets worse after this) Amani Toomer, Ernest Wilford, and Arnaz Battle :| hopefully i can get Andre but its a longshot since im 12 on the waiver wire....... anyways to the topic at hand i would have to agree with giver some time in the last week of august or early september right before the season begins
Crazy_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 10:50 AM    (permalink
The_Dude
Pro Bowler

The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by giver17 View Post
make it sometime in that last week of august... like the last sunday or something
I'd be up for it if: its free & if there are still spots open.

It would only be my 7th league for the year.......
The_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 02:01 AM    (permalink
Kid_Ego
Veteran

Kid_Ego smells like sex panther.Kid_Ego smells like sex panther.

My team is

Tom Brady/Romo
Westbrook/Portis/F.Taylor/Peterson(Minn)/Betts/M.Bush
Bolden/Chambers/Bruce/Stallworth
Crumpler
Elam
Minnesota D
what do yall think Need to make some moves maybe at wide out and back up te but have the fire power I think. I choose 9th in a 12 man league
Kid_Ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 05:43 PM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow Westbrook slipped all the way to 9... i think you have a good team overall but a better 2nd wideout would be where i would look to make a move
Old 07-18-2007, 05:51 PM    (permalink
giver17
Rookie

giver17 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.giver17 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid_Ego View Post
My team is

Tom Brady/Romo
Westbrook/Portis/F.Taylor/Peterson(Minn)/Betts/M.Bush
Bolden/Chambers/Bruce/Stallworth
Crumpler
Elam
Minnesota D
what do yall think Need to make some moves maybe at wide out and back up te but have the fire power I think. I choose 9th in a 12 man league

The main issue I have is your WR. Bolden is a stud, but behind him there are a lot of ?'s. Chambers had a horrendous season last year, so I wouldn't be relying on him for too much production. Bruce is getting old, and they brought in some new weapons on offense that could hinder his production. As for Stallworth, he has potential to be a very good fantasy #2/border line #1 WR, but with the situation that his is in (New England brought in a boatload of talent at WR and has a solid TE in Watson) I think his stats will be down this year. Not to mention he is behind Moss and will be fighting with Welker and Javkson for cathes.

your QB's and RB's are very solid. Landing Brady, Romo, Westbrook, Portis (who i think will have a bouce-back season) is very impressive. Infact, I think you could use either Romo, Taylor, or Peterson in some type of a trade to increase you WR position.

The TE spot is ok with Crumpler, but his level of production will very with the status of Vick. He is by far Vick's favorite target, but if Vick is gone, don't be surprised to see his status flatline.

For D I think Minny is usually a risk, because when they excelle at one area they usually are weak in another. hopefully this year will be different though.

Overall, I think you did fairly solid. I would say a B/B+.

Old 07-18-2007, 10:47 PM    (permalink
Kid_Ego
Veteran

Kid_Ego smells like sex panther.Kid_Ego smells like sex panther.

what shocked me is getting Portis in the third I got chambers in the seventh which he had extreme value the wide outs got plucked while i was grabbing extra rbs I love the backs I got but if you look closely you see Portis and westbrook have had their share of injuries along with fred taylor the other guys are part time backs.

My jury is out on Romo but I plan on using him to add a better wide out and trying to pick up kitna for one week.
There was just to much value at rb to select a second te.
but thanx for the comments keep them coming
Kid_Ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 10:37 PM    (permalink
giver17
Rookie

so is anyone still planning on strating this draft?

Old 08-15-2007, 07:48 PM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Yea whats going on with this League it's getting to be about time with smoothen out the details.
Old 08-22-2007, 03:23 PM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

just posted this in fantasy advice thread but im so proud of it i had to post here too lol
picked 3rd in a 10 person league

Rd1:Larry Johnson
Rd2:Marvin Harrison
Rd3:Ronnie Brown
Rd4:Adrian Peterson
Rd5:Cedric Benson
Rd6: Deion Branch
Rd7:Thomas Jones
Rd8:Kellen Winslow
Rd9:Matt Hasselbeck
Rd10:Kevin Curtis
Rd11:Chester Taylor
Rd12:L.J. Smith
Rd13:Ben Roethlisberger
Rd14:Minnesota Def
Rd15:Josh Brown

gonna Trade ced Benson, or Thomas jones for a Top 15 WR other than that I feel great about this.... Championship!
Old 08-26-2007, 11:00 AM    (permalink
giver17
Rookie

i just had my first draft of the year. I had the second pick in a 12 man league, and it went a little something like this:

1. Steven Jackson
2. clinton portis
3. steve smith
4. donavan mcnabb
5. reggie brown
6. vernon davis
7. AD
8. bernard berrian
9. ben roethlisberger
10. jerry porter
11. lamont jordan
12. tatum bell
13. jacksonville
14. micheal clayton
15. john kasey

i know I went a little heavy on the RB's, but there was sh*t to pick from then, so I had to work with what i had. i plan on droping someone though and getting out boy sidney rice. overall though, I am fairly happy.

Old 08-26-2007, 06:19 PM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

I would Drop Micheal Clayton.... I don't know about sidney rice he was my first choice originally but it looks like Tarvaris Jackson likes Bobby Wade they have been good all pre-season so i'd go with bobby wade if he's still available
Old 08-26-2007, 08:17 PM    (permalink
giver17
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Chris View Post
I would Drop Micheal Clayton.... I don't know about sidney rice he was my first choice originally but it looks like Tarvaris Jackson likes Bobby Wade they have been good all pre-season so i'd go with bobby wade if he's still available
yeah wade was drafted though before I had a chance, but yeah clayton was a reach, but he was just so good his rookie year I feel like he has shown he has the ability to play. we will see though.