Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 02-15-2012, 09:20 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
I've had at least 3 urges the past week to go get my gameboy and start playing yellow.
Ah man...Yellow. I got my game boy and Red for Christmas one year, and then was promised Yellow if I ever got an A in math on a report card. I could never do it...I'd have all A's except in math. My grandma finally got it for me on the next Christmas after so much effort went into math....grr....

But it was SO. MUCH. FUN. Pikachu plus all of the original starters!? Yes please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
outside, pretty much always outside. we had an original NES, but pretty much just duck hunt, mario and zelda. eventually bought tecmo super bowl. maybe doom is it for me, but for massively different reasons, i think.

i dunno, the whole pokemon thing just seems ridiculous from someone who didn't grow up with them. *shrug*
I can see how others would think that and I understand it. It totally looks like super childish gibberish if you've never played it.
Old 02-15-2012, 09:33 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I understand excitement when you are at an appropriate age for it. I understand nostalgia. I don't understand getting just as excited about it when you're in your 20s as you did when you were a little kid.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 09:37 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
i will never, ever get the pokemon crap.
Goddamnit njx, stop reading my mind.

I never, ever got into pokemon, and no one else around me understood why. Because I never got the point of it at all.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 09:47 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cause it's still an awesome RPG.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 09:48 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
Cause it's still an awesome RPG.
It is and I think that's what kept me stuck to it. As a kid, it's just fun to collect the ones you like and think look cool. Then if you replay it when you're older, you realize it's an incredibly well balanced RPG. (Except in the very first Gen where Psychic > everything else.)
Old 02-15-2012, 10:25 AM    (permalink
rchrd
Veteran

rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
I live in Crystal Palace, it's not as awesome as the name would suggest (although the football team is). I doubt they still have cat shows as it's now more a place for drug dealers and buses (in no particular order).

That is all.
Old 02-15-2012, 11:50 AM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Summer of 2010, tons of people I know, including myself, just randomly got really into Pokemon again. I'm pretty sure most of us burned right out of it though. I even bought a DS and haven't touched it since.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 12:11 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I remember my mom telling me she'd take me to the Pokemon movie if I could behave for one day at summer camp. I was a little bastard (maybe still am) back in the day so not getting in trouble for a day was a big thing. I remember sort of making a comment to a girl but stopped half way through because I wanted to see that damn movie and get my Mew card. Well the little ***** goes and tells on me anyway saying I said the whole thing when I didn't. Thankfully I got taken to the movie but too bad the movie sucked anyway. Errr and just to add, pokemon Yellow was where it was at.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 12:23 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
Ah man...Yellow. I got my game boy and Red for Christmas one year, and then was promised Yellow if I ever got an A in math on a report card. I could never do it...I'd have all A's except in math. My grandma finally got it for me on the next Christmas after so much effort went into math....grr....

But it was SO. MUCH. FUN. Pikachu plus all of the original starters!? Yes please.

I can see how others would think that and I understand it. It totally looks like super childish gibberish if you've never played it.
I had never played any of them before, but some of my more enthusiastic coworkers recently, with incentive, gave me Yellow to start playing during downtime at work. I actually don't hate, it certainly beats staring at the wall, but I'm guessing nostalgia has to play a huge part in actually getting excited over it.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 12:50 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

watch dragonball Z kai, they remastered or made it proper like it should have been the first time. No more fillers, from 500 episodes compressed into 100, pure action.
Old 02-15-2012, 12:56 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
outside, pretty much always outside. we had an original NES, but pretty much just duck hunt, mario and zelda. eventually bought tecmo super bowl. maybe doom is it for me, but for massively different reasons, i think.

i dunno, the whole pokemon thing just seems ridiculous from someone who didn't grow up with them. *shrug*
you probably were like 16 when they came out. To old to play with that stuff, I hope.
Old 02-15-2012, 02:50 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

njx:

Old 02-15-2012, 03:02 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was never into Pokemon but my "thing" was Magic: The Gathering. GO NERDS!

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 03:07 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Magic the Gathering was the ****. My friend's Sliver deck was soooooo nasty haha

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 03:09 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

One of my friend had the black lotus card ************

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 03:12 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
NERD!

Old 02-15-2012, 03:22 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderz4life View Post
Magic the Gathering was the ****. My friend's Sliver deck was soooooo nasty haha
Slivers were nasty if you had the Queen and enough Slivers to make it worthwhile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wooty Magic! View Post
One of my friend had the black lotus card ************
I still have two near perfect condition Mox cards (Ruby and Sapphire) and I have a Timewalk. YOU JELLY?

Old 02-15-2012, 03:23 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Slivers were nasty if you had the Queen and enough Slivers to make it worthwhile.

I still have two near perfect condition Mox cards (Ruby and Sapphire) and I have a Timewalk. YOU JELLY?
the entire deck was slivers creatures wise and he had the queen and overlord...I was so jelly.

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 03:50 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Why would you still have them if you don't play? You realize that, at worst (ie unlimited version) you're talking about $1k for the three of 'em, right?

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 03:55 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post
Why would you still have them if you don't play? You realize that, at worst (ie unlimited version) you're talking about $1k for the three of 'em, right?
http://www.amazon.com/Magic-Gatherin...s/d/B0017H86GA.

nvm I stand corrected

http://www.trollandtoad.com/p85904.html
Old 02-15-2012, 04:00 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post
I haven't needed the money bad enough and I do play every once in a while when friends and I get together.

I haven't played any of the new expansions but I've heard they're pretty fun.

Old 02-15-2012, 04:19 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

.....sell it
fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 04:36 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 04:44 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

wasted 10 mins and realized you can't go all cowboy rootin shootin, adding and dividing as you please.

its cause of the .66667 repeating number

and if you subtract the 2 it goes back to 25 the cost of the food.

Last edited by brat316 : 02-15-2012 at 04:48 PM.
brat316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 04:46 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

I do know that you end up with one fired waiter for stealing money.