Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Which 2005 runningback will rush for the most yards in 2007
Ronnie Brown 12 7.79%
Cedric Benson 27 17.53%
Cadillac Williams 16 10.39%
Frank Gore 99 64.29%
Voters: 154. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-01-2007, 05:57 PM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

benson will be a red zone monster, he may not get the most yards but i have him down for in the region of 16 - 20 TD's he is a red zone monster
stephenson86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 06:15 PM    (permalink
reese

cardsalltheway...u negged me becuz i dont think a guy who was a top 5 pick can hold his job? even tho he has been there for 2 years now and has barely played?
Old 07-02-2007, 05:06 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Benson was second on the depth chart to a veteran 1,000-yard rusher who caught the ball well.
Old 07-02-2007, 05:36 PM    (permalink
ricky bobby
Pro Bowler

Location: Oh please give me a good reputation. I'm so concerned with what you think about me!
ricky bobby hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I went with Benson. He was impressive towards the end of the year last year. They got rid of Jones, Grossman is still Grossman, so you know Benson will get his carries. That's not to say that Gore won't have a great season.

1. Cedric Benson
2. Frank Gore
3. Brandon Jacobs
4. Ronnie Brown
5. Cadillac Williams
ricky bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 05:47 PM    (permalink
San Diego Chicken
Pro Bowler

San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I voted for Gore, but I think Benson could have a Larry Johnson in 05 type season. Same situation, power back gets off of a slow start because he was in the doghouse, but then dominates when he inherits the starting job, maybe because of the fresh legs.
Old 07-02-2007, 05:51 PM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

Benson.(10)
Old 07-02-2007, 06:10 PM    (permalink
SFbear
Veteran

SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by San Diego Chicken View Post
I voted for Gore, but I think Benson could have a Larry Johnson in 05 type season. Same situation, power back gets off of a slow start because he was in the doghouse, but then dominates when he inherits the starting job, maybe because of the fresh legs.
Yeah the parallels are pretty striking especially since Thomas Jones was very similar to a Priest Holmes type of back and was brought in when the Bears were trying to emulate the KC offense. Bears also have an aging yet still solid oline in place.
SFbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 08:37 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Guys dont try to get cute, Gore will have the most yards, Vernon should improve and take some of the pressure off him along with the signing of Darrell Jackson.

In order

1. Gore
2. Benson
3. Brown
4. Williams
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 08:43 PM    (permalink
reese

did i miss somethin about benson? why is everyone so high on him?
Old 07-02-2007, 08:47 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reese View Post
did i miss somethin about benson? why is everyone so high on him?

No thomas Jones+a ton of talent+good offensive line= good production
Old 07-02-2007, 08:48 PM    (permalink
reese

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
No thomas Jones+a ton of talent+good offensive line= good production

oh that must be it..i dont see a ton of talent
Old 07-02-2007, 08:51 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Quote:
oh that must be it..i dont see a ton of talent

Well, he was the number 5 pick... so obviously someone did. didnt get a lot of touches because of thomas Jones but he produced when given the chance
Old 07-02-2007, 08:54 PM    (permalink
reese

Quote:
Well, he was the number 5 pick... so obviously someone did. didnt get a lot of touches because of thomas Jones but he produced when given the chance
u kno i could make an endless list of top 5 picks that never did anything....to me they drafted him to be the started 2 years ago and he never could win the job. they didnt draft him to sit on the bench for 2 years so he must not be as talented as they originally thought...i never have been a fan of him anyway...never really impressed me in college
Old 07-02-2007, 08:55 PM    (permalink
Krazyone57

*takes a Wild Guess*

Gore

just because he on my Fantasy....
Old 07-02-2007, 08:57 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Quote:
u kno i could make an endless list of top 5 picks that never did anything....to me they drafted him to be the started 2 years ago and he never could win the job. they didnt draft him to sit on the bench for 2 years so he must not be as talented as they originally thought...i never have been a fan of him anyway...never really impressed me in college

he didnt impress you in college? He was the 6th all time leading rusher and ran for 1000 yards 4 years straight.
Old 07-02-2007, 08:59 PM    (permalink
reese

Quote:
he didnt impress you in college? He was the 6th all time leading rusher and ran for 1000 yards 4 years straight.
i kno his stats...but i actually like to watch football and was never impressd watchin him play
Old 07-03-2007, 12:14 AM    (permalink
no love
Veteran

no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.

1. Gore he has the same o-line and offense as last year. If the o-line stays healthy this year and with the additions on offense he could have an even better year...
2. Caddy - He had an amazing rookie season. If Garcia can have a decent season, Gruden can utilize him like Charlie Garner. He is perfect for their system.
3. Brown - He may be the most physically gifted, but it's a brand new offense and a weak offensive line. Maybe 5 years from now. But not right now.
4. Benson - He has not shown anything near the production of these other guys, I don't think his instincts are anywhere near Gore or Caddy, he has shown to be impatient and seems to rely to much on his physical abilities.
no love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 12:23 AM    (permalink
JK17
Pro Bowler

JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.

1. Frank Gore has to be first, you really can't make an argument otherwise. Well you could, it just wouldn't be that great. Gore's already broken out, and been in league with "the big backs"...the others are still unproven or inconsistnet.

2. Cedric Benson is my second guy. I like his situation and I like his skills. He should be able to get the two spot with a strong commitment to the run game.

3. Ronnie Brown will do a lot better with Cameron calling the plays, and a generally improving offense. Green should be able to do a better job of keeping a balanced attack then Harrington/Culppeper/Lemon could last year, and he's a talented guy.

4. Caddilac Williams. I like him, but I don't know how much the additions to the O-line will translate if he doesn't get the ball at the right times. That said, I wouldn't be suprised to see him as early as second, I think he can do a lot, and would love to see him break out.
JK17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 07:11 AM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Benson
Gore
Caddy
brown
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 07:27 AM    (permalink
Michigan
Who wants to sex Mutombo?
Pro Bowler

Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored of education View Post
Benson
Gore
Caddy
brown
agreed. (10)
Old 07-03-2007, 07:28 AM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigan View Post
agreed. (10)
The Irony. Nice sig lol
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 07:36 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
4th pick, not 5th.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 10:23 AM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Too much Caddy hate. Short memories.

Kid has TALENT. Not saying he will lead all of these players, because I like the others a lot too, but he deserves more credit.

IMO...(rushing)

Frank Gore (10)- 1,100 yards, 5.0 ypc, 7 TD
Has a great season, but is injured for 5-6 games

Cadillac Williams (14)- 1,200 yards, 4.3 ypc, 4 TD
Back to good production with an improved OL, but still has a few injuries and not a big scorer

Ronnie Brown (15)- 1,300 yards, 4.1 ypc, 9 TD
Starts to use his huge potential, but ypc is low due to struggling OL. Becomes a workhorse and piles up numbers.

Cedric Benson (12)- 800 yards, 4.2 ypc, 11 TD
Struggles in his first year. Piles up touchdowns in only 12 games. Not a workhorse yet.

Just gut feelings.
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 11:20 AM    (permalink
High Roller
Rookie

High Roller hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Frank the Tank

Faithful Niner Fan
High Roller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 11:23 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As a darkhorse and a very, long shot, I'd go with Brandon Jacobs for the fun of it. I wonder what the odds of that would be... 100-1?
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote