Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Fantasy

Fantasy Fantasy Sports and Forum Mocks

Old 12-15-2006, 02:43 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Miami Hurricanes vs. Ohio State

This is a college draft. Which team has the better college talent. Nothing to do with NFL talent but how well they play at the college level. Any player that was injured in the first two games are not in this.

The Miami Hurricanes

Head Coach: Randy Shannon

Offense

QB- JaMarcus Russell LSU
RB- Steve Slaton WVU
WR- Calvin Johnson GT
WR- Robert Meachem Tennessee
WR- Limas Sweed Texas
TE- Travis Beckum Wisconsin
LT- Kirk Barton OSU
LG- Will Arnold LSU
C- John Sullivan ND
RG- Justin Blalock Texas
RT- Jared Gaither Maryland

Defense:

DE- LaMarr Woodley Michigan
DT- DeMario Pressley NC State
NT- Kareem Brown Miami
DE- Calais Campbell Miami
OLB- Rufus Alexander Oklahoma
MLB- Jonathon Goff Vanderbilt
OLB- Patrick Willis Ole Miss
CB- Josh Wilson Maryland
CB- Tanard Jackson Syracuse
S- Reggie Nelson Florida
S- Tra Battle Georgia

What's every coaches worst nightmare? Calvin Johnson with a good QB, and I've got one of the best. Russell has one of the strongest arms ever and will use it to get Johnson the ball downfield. Also at receiver is the 6-3 Robert Meachem and the 6-5 Limas Sweed, along with the leading receiver at TE Travis Beckum. In the backfield with Russell is the dangerous Steve Slaton. Up front the right side are maulers with big Justin Blalock and the freak that is Jared Gaither. The rest of the line is filled with some of the best underclassmen in college at the OL with Arnold Barton and Sullivan.

On the defensive side of the ball there isn't a team that will force more pressure. The DL has a combined 31.5 sacks this season and has the best pass rusher in college football this year LaMarr Woodley. The LBs are second to none with Buckus award winner Patrick Willis on one side and Rufus Alexander on the other. It finishes with 6-4 240 pound tackling machine inside that is Jonathan Goff. In the backfield is the speedy Josh Wilson who is a very physical tackler as well as Tanard Jackson. At the safety position is the great Reggie Nelson who everyone already knows, combined with Tra Battle who has 6 interception this year.

Team: Ohio State University

Coach: Pete Carroll

QB: Troy Smith – Ohio State
RB: Jonathan Stewart - Oregon
WR: Sidney Rice – South Carolina
WR: Earl Bennett - Vanderbilt
WR: Anthony Gonzalez – Ohio State
WR: Derrick Williams – Penn State
OT: Arron Sears - Tennessee
OG: Jordan Grimes - Purdue
C: Jonathan Luigs - Arkansas
OG: Brian Daniels - Colorado
OT: Ryan Harris – Notre Dame

DE: Lawrence Jackson - USC
DT: Frank Okam - Texas
DT: Ryan McBean – Oklahoma State
DE: Mkristo Bruce – Washington State
LB: Earl Everett - Florida
LB: J Leman - Illinois
LB: Ali Highsmith - LSU
CB: Darrelle Revis - Pitt
S: Eric Weddle - Utah
S: Michael Johnson - Arizona
CB: Antoine Cason - Arizona

First and foremost, OSU has a top college coach in Pete Carroll who can work with great players and win championships. He can outcoach almost any coach in this draft.

Second, the spread offense has a good group of WRs who have different strengths and can pressure ANY secondary. With Troy Smith at QB, he can get the ball to all of these guys and easily dominate on the offensive side of the ball. Even teams with really got corners will have trouble matching up with my 3rd or 4th WRs.

Finally, the defense consists of some very good corners to stop the pass, and with Okam and Lehman in the middle, all runs will have to go to the outside where there is speed with guys like Everett and Jackson.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 04:23 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone with any reasoning?

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 12-16-2006, 09:36 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151
Anyone with any reasoning?
Anyone?

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 12-16-2006, 01:14 PM    (permalink
critesy
All-Pro

critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i dont know how miami is losing, their team should be going all the way, best team i've read so far out of 6 i believe.

RIP, Sean Taylor.
critesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 01:16 PM    (permalink
Eaglez.Fan
All-Pro

Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Miami is better. Better defense, RB and a good QB, and the best college WR in years. People just vote for OSU cuz Mr.Heisman
Old 12-16-2006, 01:27 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ohio St, because EB owns all

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm
smittyjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 01:27 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by smittyjs
Not cool, smitty, hello, Goff!

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 12-16-2006, 01:35 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151
Quote:
Originally Posted by smittyjs
Not cool, smitty, hello, Goff!
I'm sorry, but........ EB owns me :P , But Goff owns all also. Vandy power 8)

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm
smittyjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 01:43 PM    (permalink

This looks pretty close but Maimi I like there deffense better
Old 12-16-2006, 01:50 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Damn, close game. We may be two of the best teams. The reason i like my team SLIGHTLY over DGs is just based on the match-up. I think Troy Smith with all those weapons (Rice, Bennett, Gonzo, Stewart out of the backfield, Williams, etc). can definitely pick apart that secondary. Not a big fan of the secondary other than Nelson, I don't think Wilson is too great and Rice could dominate him.

Likewise, I'm not a big JaMarcus Russell fan, and I like my corners A LOT. DG is solid up front, but there are some weaknesses. If I spread him out with my spread offense, I think OSU can take the win here.

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 02:42 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

It isn't what team would win it is who has better talent. My defense is superior to yours at everything other than CB and DT, and even that is close. At DE Woodley and Campbell combine to make a ridiculous pass rush than Jackson and Bruce can only dream of. At LB I've got the best in college with Willis and Alexander who is also better than any of your LBs. Leham is better than Goff but not by much.

On offense Smith is better than Russell, there is no denying that, but it is close. Russell is the third most efficient QB in college playing in the SEC. At RB Slaton is way above Stewart as a college player. At WR my 1, 2, and 3 are better than your 1, 2, and 3. And as a overall player Beckum is better than Williams. On OL, your OTs are probably better but my interior is better.

It is close, but going matchup to matchup, my team takes it.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 12-16-2006, 04:45 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ohio State Wins.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote