Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 07-08-2007, 09:41 PM    (permalink
simms2clayton

I know Vanderbilt beat Alabama in my predictions, but this is an upset alert. Games with upset alerts are highlighted in red. I have a special note on each team bolded black.
Please comment on what you like/do not like (I am thinking I am going to hear more "do not likes" lol)...I am just waiting for Green Bay Scat's rage. lol

Also, the reason I have Alabama rated ahead of Vandy is because they have superior talent across the board. Vandy will come in ready to play and beat them next year, but at the end of the year Alabama will have gradually improved so much from the beginning of the season. You have to remember Bama is also playing FSU in a brutal OOC game.

Last edited by simms2clayton : 07-08-2007 at 09:52 PM.
Old 07-08-2007, 09:47 PM    (permalink
Green Bay Scat
Pro Bowler

Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.

honestly, im not that upset. We go to a bowl and we have a winning record, the thing is, u need to state if a game will be close. I think we can beat georgia again(at home) and be 8-4, which isnt to hard to believe, factor in that all our DBs are returning 2 LBs and 2 DLs with 1 DE having 5.5 as a 3rd down rusher. We could shock if we get some luck and i wouldnt be surprised to see us 4th behind LSU,Auburn,Florida. but we could be last if something goes wrong. Good job sims

edit - EB will stay for his Sr. year

Last edited by Green Bay Scat : 07-08-2007 at 09:59 PM.
Green Bay Scat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 10:11 PM    (permalink
simms2clayton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Bay Scat View Post
honestly, im not that upset. We go to a bowl and we have a winning record, the thing is, u need to state if a game will be close. I think we can beat georgia again(at home) and be 8-4, which isnt to hard to believe, factor in that all our DBs are returning 2 LBs and 2 DLs with 1 DE having 5.5 as a 3rd down rusher. We could shock if we get some luck and i wouldnt be surprised to see us 4th behind LSU,Auburn,Florida. but we could be last if something goes wrong. Good job sims

edit - EB will stay for his Sr. year
I don't state if a game will be close because that's an almost impossible thing to do. Have you ever tried betting sports? That ****'s tough.

Vandy will not beat UGA...UGA was a much much better team than when they showed up against Vandy and UK last season, both resulting in losses.

Also, UGA returns a whole lot of talent and Stafford has 1 year under his belt. UGA will contend for 1st in the SEC East. Can they do it? Remains to be seen.

I like the point u make about "luck being a factor." Because it really is. The difference for a team like Kentucky last season and previous years because they had a little more luck go their way. Clemson's FG kicker missed a PAT and an easy 24 yard FG and the game would have been totally different if he converted those chip shots.
Old 07-09-2007, 02:53 AM    (permalink
critesy
All-Pro

critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i like it, auburn is 4-0 so far in division... but they have a hard schedule and i can see atleast 3 losses from them in division... eek.

RIP, Sean Taylor.
critesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 03:32 AM    (permalink
simms2clayton

Quote:
Originally Posted by critesy View Post
i like it, auburn is 4-0 so far in division... but they have a hard schedule and i can see atleast 3 losses from them in division... eek.
I hope Auburn can beat those teams at the bottom of my power rankings...but Bama is still gonna be tough.
Old 07-09-2007, 07:38 AM    (permalink
simms2clayton

Bumpity bump bump....BUMP BUMP.

Just updated my power rankings. Vanderbilt coming in at 9 and Alabama coming in at #8

I can not wait for this matchup next season. People are going to sleep on Vanderbilt.
Old 07-09-2007, 08:04 AM    (permalink
Green Bay Scat
Pro Bowler

Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.

when i say Jess Beets is a 290, i think that will be hes best weight. He could be 300 easy but he isnt the same as if he was 290. Hes got big ass calfs tho. He will start for Kent. and most likly win some OLineman award, its just who he is, a hard working, dog fighting type of guy, might not overpower you, but will play with great leaverage and just constantly wear on you, he just never gets tired.

Look at my Sig quote S2C, Williams is right on, 14-0

Last edited by Green Bay Scat : 07-09-2007 at 08:13 AM.
Green Bay Scat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 06:04 PM    (permalink
simms2clayton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Bay Scat View Post
when i say Jess Beets is a 290, i think that will be hes best weight. He could be 300 easy but he isnt the same as if he was 290. Hes got big ass calfs tho. He will start for Kent. and most likly win some OLineman award, its just who he is, a hard working, dog fighting type of guy, might not overpower you, but will play with great leaverage and just constantly wear on you, he just never gets tired.

Look at my Sig quote S2C, Williams is right on, 14-0
Man, every player on every team thinks that way and it doesn't matter. I don't know how many UK players I talked to last year that said that it was a lock they were going to beat UL...which is a good thing all players need to believe in themselves.

Vandy at most will get 8 wins. At the least probably 5.

I love what you are saying about Beets. He had trouble in the spring though (injuries) and he missed out but I hope he can dominate like you said. I would rather have a 6'3, 290 OG that works hard and is talented than a 6'5 340 lazy football player with no athleiticsm.
Old 07-10-2007, 03:48 AM    (permalink
simms2clayton

What happened to all the traffic?
Old 07-10-2007, 10:34 AM    (permalink
critesy
All-Pro

critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i dont get it, wouldnt vandy be ahead of alabama or did i miss read something... or just not read at all :)

RIP, Sean Taylor.
Old 07-11-2007, 10:33 AM    (permalink
-black
Pro Bowler

-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

good drop....pretty interesting

I am working on mine now, should have it released by the end of the week

-sig by jkpigskin
-black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 10:35 AM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ANy chance Spurrier gets fired if USC only gets 5 or 6 wins

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 10:36 AM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
i dont get it, wouldnt vandy be ahead of alabama or did i miss read something... or just not read at all :)
conference rankings are based on conference record and since both were 3-5 Bama won the tiebreaker since they beat Vandy

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 05:12 PM    (permalink
-black
Pro Bowler

-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko4 View Post
no..........

-sig by jkpigskin
-black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 05:22 PM    (permalink
simms2clayton

If you read one of my previous posts then you will find the answer of why Bama is ahead of Vandy despite losing to them.

Reading is FUNdamental!!!
Old 07-11-2007, 05:22 PM    (permalink
simms2clayton

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko4 View Post
Absolutely not. They have too much invested in him, he has done a great job recruiting, and you aren't going to find a better coach on the job market.
Old 07-11-2007, 08:13 PM    (permalink
critesy
All-Pro

bumpityyyy

RIP, Sean Taylor.
Old 07-12-2007, 05:58 PM    (permalink
VY10
Rookie

VY10 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Where is number 7! You're killing me S2C!
VY10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 06:23 PM    (permalink
simms2clayton

Quote:
Originally Posted by VY10 View Post
Where is number 7! You're killing me S2C!
Hahahah...glad to know I have a few fans of my PRs out there. Ill b sure to get 7 and 6 up tonight.
Old 07-12-2007, 11:42 PM    (permalink
simms2clayton

UPDATED POWER RANKINGS...UK COMING IN AT 7 AND ARKANSAS AT 6!!! Please comment and debate!
Old 07-13-2007, 02:12 PM    (permalink
critesy
All-Pro

i like it... although i think UK can beat georgia.

RIP, Sean Taylor.
Old 07-13-2007, 03:25 PM    (permalink
simms2clayton

Quote:
i like it... although i think UK can beat georgia.
I think UK can beat anyone on their schedule except LSU...but I have a hard time even as a Cats fan myself seeing us beat UGA 2 years in a row and having to go into Sanford Stadium to do it...UGA will surprise some next year.
Old 07-14-2007, 07:32 PM    (permalink
VY10
Rookie

IMO Arkansas vs. Alabama should be in red.
Old 07-14-2007, 07:33 PM    (permalink
simms2clayton

Quote:
Originally Posted by VY10 View Post
IMO Arkansas vs. Alabama should be in red.

Arkansas is a better team than Alabama...are u saying the opposite?
Old 07-14-2007, 09:51 PM    (permalink
VY10
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by simms2clayton View Post
Arkansas is a better team than Alabama...are u saying the opposite?
I agree. I think that Alabama is at home though and that Arkansas had a really rough off-season while Alabama had a really positive one. If Shula was still the coach I would agree but I think the game is a swing game now that Alabama has a first class coach.