Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: who will be the better quarterback brady quinn or matt leinart
brady quinn 62 37.35%
matt leinart 104 62.65%
Voters: 166. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-02-2007, 09:26 PM    (permalink
broncosfan144

Default Who will be the better quarterback? Brady Quinn or Matt Leinart

Who do you think?

personally im a brady quinn fan so i would pick him
Old 07-02-2007, 09:28 PM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quinn will definitely have the better oppurtunity early on if LeCharles Bentley returns. Edwards and Winslow II with that OL should be enough for him to put together some good numbers.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

Quote:
<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
<Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge
Dam8610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 09:29 PM    (permalink
Krazyone57

this is a hard one....
Old 07-02-2007, 09:30 PM    (permalink
broncosfan144

yea also i think that quinn has just much better weapons and a new and improved o-line
Old 07-02-2007, 09:41 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Leinart will put up better numbers, but Brady Quinn will win 5 super bowls :).
Old 07-02-2007, 09:43 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Seriously though if you were to ask me this question before he was a Brown, I probably would say Brady Quinn. He has a strong arm and is a smart QB with all the intangeables. Both Quinn and Leinart have the weapons to succeed, and in a couple years Cleveland and Arizona are going to be 2 of the most explosive offenses in the NFL both similar to Cincinnati's in composure.
JeffSamardzijaIRISH
Pro Bowler

JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quinn will win.
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I will take Leinart. Arizona is starting to put a lot into their OL, I think guys like Deuce and Levi Brown will be studs. They may have missed on Leonard Davis, but they certainly are moving their offense in the right direction. Plus when you have Edgerrin James and 2 top 10 WRs in the NFL, not to mention a extremely gifted #3 and some young TEs that all can only help. I like Leinart's chances, I think he will turn into a great NFL QB. Quinn looks like he could have the pieces around him as well, but quite simply I believe Leinart is the better WB. Quinn can definitely be a great NFL player as well, he certainly has the potential.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 09:57 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

well if things keep on going like they have at camp, i won't hold my breath waiting on brady quinn.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 10:01 PM    (permalink
jbeans187
Veteran

jbeans187 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.jbeans187 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosfan144 View Post
yea also i think that quinn has just much better weapons and a new and improved o-line
Better Weapons??? I d take Edge over Lewis, Boldin and Fitz over Edwards, Jurevicius, and K2. The Browns O line will be better but Arizona's is getting better

Leroy Smith - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koGD6XnAsNs
jbeans187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 10:13 PM    (permalink
Acreboy
Pro Bowler

Acreboy hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Acreboy hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I think in the end it's Leinart.
Acreboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 10:47 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Leinart because..

1) Leinart has Q and Fitzy... as well as an upgrade in coaching.

2) Divisions... Quinn is on a rough team in a tough division.. Leinarts division isn't exactly known for it's competitiveness the past few years.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/center]
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 10:50 PM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
I will take Leinart. Arizona is starting to put a lot into their OL, I think guys like Deuce and Levi Brown will be studs. They may have missed on Leonard Davis, but they certainly are moving their offense in the right direction. Plus when you have Edgerrin James and 2 top 10 WRs in the NFL, not to mention a extremely gifted #3 and some young TEs that all can only help. I like Leinart's chances, I think he will turn into a great NFL QB. Quinn looks like he could have the pieces around him as well, but quite simply I believe Leinart is the better WB. Quinn can definitely be a great NFL player as well, he certainly has the potential.
Top 10 is a bit high for both Fitz and Boldin based on production. I'd have Boldin there, but how can you rank Fitz ahead of:

Marvin Harrison
Torry Holt
Steve Smith
Chad Johnson
Anquan Boldin
Andre Johnson
Reggie Wayne
Terrell Owens
Donald Driver
Javon Walker

Based on production, you can't.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

Quote:
Old 07-02-2007, 11:06 PM    (permalink
Xonraider
All-Pro

Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll say Leinart, I just think he is the better QB
Old 07-02-2007, 11:27 PM    (permalink
JK17
Pro Bowler

JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
Top 10 is a bit high for both Fitz and Boldin based on production. I'd have Boldin there, but how can you rank Fitz ahead of:

Marvin Harrison
Torry Holt
Steve Smith
Chad Johnson
Anquan Boldin
Andre Johnson
Reggie Wayne
Terrell Owens
Donald Driver
Javon Walker

Based on production, you can't.
I think you could easily put Fitz over Walker, Driver, and Wayne...he's debatable with some of the others too.

As far as the QBs go, I like Leinart over Quinn. I'm not entirely sold on Quinn as a pro-quarterback (not that I am on Leinart either), and I feel Leinart has better weapons, as well as better overall ability. I'd take Leinart.
JK17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 11:29 PM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

Its hard to tell.I like Quinn more but their surrounding casts are about the same.
Old 07-03-2007, 12:25 AM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xonraider View Post
I'll say Leinart, I just think he is the better QB
Same here.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 12:27 AM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK17 View Post
I think you could easily put Fitz over Walker, Driver, and Wayne...he's debatable with some of the others too.
Based on production? Sorry, but 1 out of 3 seasons doesn't do it for me.

Quote:
Old 07-03-2007, 12:44 AM    (permalink
JK17
Pro Bowler

JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
Based on production? Sorry, but 1 out of 3 seasons doesn't do it for me.
Javon Walker has 2 out of 5 good years, with his second good year not being that much further away from Fitz's, despite playing in three more games.

The other two have been more productive on a strictly stats basis, but have also been in the league much longer. Give Fitz careers their length and I say he surpasses them.

But considering I misread your OP about production alone, if you want to look at only what they have done, and not what they will do, then yes those guys are better, mainly because Fitz has only been around three years, normally the amount of time it takes for a receiver to get used to the NFL, except he was a good WR from the second he stepped on the field. Plus his 103 catch, 1400+ yard 10 TD season is a good deal better then anything Driver has done, and slightly better then what Walker did in his best year (except for TDs).

But if its only what they've done to date, then Fitz loses by default, because he hasn't had as many years to accomplish what the others did.
JK17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 12:55 AM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Javon Walker has 2 out of 5 good years, with his second good year not being that much further away from Fitz's, despite playing in three more games.
He would have 3 consecutive good seasons, but he tore his ACL in the first game of the 2005 season.

Quote:
The other two have been more productive on a strictly stats basis, but have also been in the league much longer. Give Fitz careers their length and I say he surpasses them.
I'm not saying Fitz isn't a talented receiver, just that he's not Top 10 right now. Could he be? Probably, but he could also pull a Robert Edwards the next time he steps onto the field. Potential is rather overrated on this board, though that shouldn't shock anyone given the nature of this board.

Quote:
But considering I misread your OP about production alone, if you want to look at only what they have done, and not what they will do, then yes those guys are better, mainly because Fitz has only been around three years, normally the amount of time it takes for a receiver to get used to the NFL, except he was a good WR from the second he stepped on the field. Plus his 103 catch, 1400+ yard 10 TD season is a good deal better then anything Driver has done, and slightly better then what Walker did in his best year (except for TDs).
Like I said, 1 out of 3 seasons doesn't do it for me. When he puts up numbers like his 2005 season on a more consistent basis, I'll be the first to have him in my Top 10 WRs, but right now, he can't be there.

Quote:
But if its only what they've done to date, then Fitz loses by default, because he hasn't had as many years to accomplish what the others did.
He doesn't lose by default, he loses because he hasn't put up the numbers yet. He could easily be Top 10 in the near future, but it's not a sure thing. You can't take potential so seriously as to let it completely blind you to production.

Quote:
Old 07-03-2007, 01:32 AM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Leinart and its not even close.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 03:04 AM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Repost this when Brady plays a down. Matt Leinart has much more skills and better players around him. The o-line will be fine with that new o-line coach they got.
Old 07-03-2007, 03:25 AM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd like to hold off until Quinn at least signs a contract and gets into training camp. That said, right now I think that Leinart is on a drastically better team.
Old 07-03-2007, 03:53 AM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

matt leinart cuz he has a better supporting cast

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 05:45 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's certainly setup in Arizona for Leinart to do well. But I still like Quinn better. I think both are fantastic, but Quinn will be a bit better. He might not have the best numbers out of the two, but I still think he'll end up being better. It's extremely early for all of this though.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote