Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: who will be the better quarterback brady quinn or matt leinart
brady quinn 62 37.35%
matt leinart 104 62.65%
Voters: 166. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-03-2007, 06:36 AM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Leinart. Quinn will have trouble for a few years, esp. on the Browns no matter who the line is composed of
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 07:06 AM    (permalink
skinzzfan25
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.

Leinart. Grimm knows what he is doing with the O-line, it should hold up for edge and leinart to make plays.
Old 07-03-2007, 09:26 AM    (permalink
JK17
Pro Bowler

JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
He would have 3 consecutive good seasons, but he tore his ACL in the first game of the 2005 season.
True, but that's just an assumption your making, just like your assuming Fitz wouldn't have had 2 out of 3 great seasons if he played the 3 games he missed. I mean if you assume Fitz is healthy all 2006, he has 2 out of 3 great seasons, so his missed season is irrelevant.

Quote:
I'm not saying Fitz isn't a talented receiver, just that he's not Top 10 right now. Could he be? Probably, but he could also pull a Robert Edwards the next time he steps onto the field. Potential is rather overrated on this board, though that shouldn't shock anyone given the nature of this board.
I think its hard for you to say he's not top ten, even based on production. I don't know what your trying to imply by the nature of this board, but I personally don't overrate potential. I think your looking to much into Fitz being potential and not proven. He's not Calvin Johnson, or Robert Meachem, or some unproven rookie. He's a guy who had a good rookie year (58 catches, 780 yards, 8 TDs), an amazing soph year (103 Catches, 1409 yards, 10 TD), and a shortened, but still great third year (69 Catches, 946 yards, 6 TD). Now I think his rookie year, theres no argument was great for a rookie year, and his soph year was outstanding, so the disagreement on being proven must come from his third year. Well, first of all thats still an above average season considering the people he is sharing receptions with, but thats besides the point because its not overwhelming. What is interesting though is that he did it in 13 games, so extrapolating that gives you 85 Catches, 1165 yards, and 7-8 TDs, which I would say is a good season. Now I'm not saying hes hit his ceiling, but to call him just a potential guy is a little bit of a stretch, IMO.

Quote:
Like I said, 1 out of 3 seasons doesn't do it for me. When he puts up numbers like his 2005 season on a more consistent basis, I'll be the first to have him in my Top 10 WRs, but right now, he can't be there.
I would call that 2, and if you factor in his expected rookie struggling, 3 good/great seasons. None were as great as his 05 season, but the other two are nothing to shrug at either. He's shown he's consistent, look at his ypc for that, its virtually the exact same every year. The only differences between his 05 year and his 04 year was inexperience, which was solved. The only difference between his 05 and 06 year was a couple more catches, assuming he plays the 3 games at an average larry fitzgerald level. You wouldn't consider 85/1165/8 good? Because you did for Driver, Walker, and Wayne.

Quote:
He doesn't lose by default, he loses because he hasn't put up the numbers yet. He could easily be Top 10 in the near future, but it's not a sure thing. You can't take potential so seriously as to let it completely blind you to production.
Again, I'm not taking potential so seriosuly as to blind production, but your overrating his potential and ignoring what he has already proven. He loses by default because he hasn't had the same amount of seasons to put up those number that the others have. If your solely going to look at production in terms of how many years they've done something better then yes, he's not as good. But if you look at production as the amount they've done in the time they've been in the league, then Fitz beats them all. None of the three I mentioned had as impressive of a season as he did in 2005, ever. None of the three produced so much, so soon as to have two good years, not even giving them a pass on their rookie year, in three seasons. So again, he's proven a lot more then you are giving him credit for.

Last edited by JK17 : 07-03-2007 at 09:28 AM.
JK17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 11:20 AM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Leinart is set to be a really good NFL QB, I still am not sure about Quinn although I wanted him pre-draft day :)

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 11:31 AM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
I'd like to hold off until Quinn at least signs a contract and gets into training camp. That said, right now I think that Leinart is on a drastically better team.
I don't want to sound like a homer but I am going to when I say this...

What in the world makes you think that?

The Cardinals have an aging running back (so do the Browns) the Cardinals have 2 young stud receivers, which have done more so far than Winslow and Edwards I will give you that, but its not such a different that makes the Cardinals drastically better.

The Browns offensive line is better than Arizona's... They both were smart and drafted offensive linemen, I know some people had Levi Brown ranked higher, well Savage is known for drafting pro-bowlers in the first round, so I would be guessing he drafted the right guy... Add Steinbach and if Bentley can play at 80-90% of his pro-bowl form, the Browns line is much better.

As for the QB play? It is just who you prefer, I was high on Leinart last year and thought he was the best QB in the class... With Fitz and Boldin he should be able to do fine... Quinn needs Edwards to fix his drop problems and run correct routes, and needs Wilson to step up and hope Winslow is healthy, which is too many "ifs" so this is why I think Leinart will at least start off better than Quinn.

Defense, This is where it gets interesting... Bodden is a very good corner if he can stay healthy, which should be the same with Rolle... The Browns have the edge at safety with Sean Jones and a very athletic up comer in Brodney Pool. The linebacker situation for the Browns is very good, at every position we have young talent (Wimbley, Jackson, Davis/Williams, McGinest/Peak) However, our d-line is still very questionable and we will have to see how the players we added do.

I don't know enough about the Cardinals defense, so I would like someone to match it up against the Browns if they don't mind.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 03:10 PM    (permalink
broncosfan144

agreed. this is exactly what i was tryin to say

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinslowBodden View Post
I don't want to sound like a homer but I am going to when I say this...

What in the world makes you think that?

The Cardinals have an aging running back (so do the Browns) the Cardinals have 2 young stud receivers, which have done more so far than Winslow and Edwards I will give you that, but its not such a different that makes the Cardinals drastically better.

The Browns offensive line is better than Arizona's... They both were smart and drafted offensive linemen, I know some people had Levi Brown ranked higher, well Savage is known for drafting pro-bowlers in the first round, so I would be guessing he drafted the right guy... Add Steinbach and if Bentley can play at 80-90% of his pro-bowl form, the Browns line is much better.

As for the QB play? It is just who you prefer, I was high on Leinart last year and thought he was the best QB in the class... With Fitz and Boldin he should be able to do fine... Quinn needs Edwards to fix his drop problems and run correct routes, and needs Wilson to step up and hope Winslow is healthy, which is too many "ifs" so this is why I think Leinart will at least start off better than Quinn.

Defense, This is where it gets interesting... Bodden is a very good corner if he can stay healthy, which should be the same with Rolle... The Browns have the edge at safety with Sean Jones and a very athletic up comer in Brodney Pool. The linebacker situation for the Browns is very good, at every position we have young talent (Wimbley, Jackson, Davis/Williams, McGinest/Peak) However, our d-line is still very questionable and we will have to see how the players we added do.

I don't know enough about the Cardinals defense, so I would like someone to match it up against the Browns if they don't mind.
Old 07-03-2007, 04:19 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just simply in terms of development, I think Leinart has the advantage. I see the Cardinals as a team who definitely has the weapons to take the pressure off Leinart right now, and has the tools in place to drastically improve their weaknesses.

I don't really think that Quinn is a worse quarterback, but right now the Browns have a running game that is questionable at best, an inconsistent main target in Edwards, and a security blanket who has had immense trouble staying on the field.

I think that the first few years are the most important to a quarterback's development, and without a veteran to keep Quinn off the field or the support to help him when he inevitably takes his place under center, he could have a tremendously rough first few years.
Old 07-03-2007, 05:07 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Leinart has big time composure and he knows how to win big games so when the Cards finally get the playoffs he won't be overwhelmed and he'll have more success thus making him better.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 05:19 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Matt Leinart, and I say that with no hesitation.
  • He has better receivers with two top-10 caliber players.
  • He has stability with the new coaching staff; whereas Quinn may have a new coach next year.
  • He was the better college player, more clutch, more accurate, better leadership.
  • He plays in a warm weather division, in a dome, against weak defenses. The perfect situation to put up great statistics. A.K.A the Peyton Manning factor.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 07:26 PM    (permalink
Veteran

22,895 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Leinart easy. Leinart owned him in College and he will definatly own Quinn in the Pros.
22,895 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 07:50 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll say Leinart.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 08:56 PM    (permalink
VY10
Rookie

VY10 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Leinart hands down. I've always felt Brady Quinn was overated.
VY10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 09:06 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In moments like these I am ecstatic that Severe Punishment was banned. He was the biggest Brady Quinn nut-rider of all time.

Old 07-04-2007, 09:17 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
In moments like these I am ecstatic that Severe Punishment was banned. He was the biggest Brady Quinn nut-rider of all time.
Oh, man. He was trying to convince me that Troy Williamson was a prototypical WCO receiver last year.
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 09:24 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moses View Post
Oh, man. He was trying to convince me that Troy Williamson was a prototypical WCO receiver last year.
Yep, he's gone. eacantdraft is on a 1-week hiatus and zero tolerance, so this is time to be joyful. We are as close to troll free as we ever will be.

Old 07-04-2007, 09:25 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xonraider View Post
I'll say Leinart, I just think he is the better QB
I feel the same way.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 09:29 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

I just don't see how anyone can vote for Brady Quinn at this point, maybe someone could enlighten me.

Old 07-04-2007, 09:33 PM    (permalink
nvot9
All-Pro

Location: And it's not even that big of a deal, something like 8% of kids do it.
nvot9 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

This is a very tough question to answer, especially in this stage, with none of them doing anything at the pro level yet, however, based on college careers etc. alone, I would say Quinn. Quinn seems like he's the total package, where as Leinart had a few question marks surrounding him, such as his mobility and arm strength. I will say however, Leinart has proven he can win, where as Quinn has proven just the opposite, so we shall see...this could be like a Peyton Manning Tom Brady kinda thing, one's got extraordinary talent while the other's a true winner.

Jets will not take McFadden...
nvot9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 09:37 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvot9 View Post
This is a very tough question to answer, especially in this stage, with none of them doing anything at the pro level yet, however, based on college careers etc. alone, I would say Quinn. Quinn seems like he's the total package, where as Leinart had a few question marks surrounding him, such as his mobility and arm strength. I will say however, Leinart has proven he can win, where as Quinn has proven just the opposite, so we shall see...this could be like a Peyton Manning Tom Brady kinda thing, one's got extraordinary talent while the other's a true winner.
Quinn had more question marks than Leinart did. The only thing Leinart didn't have was ideal arm strength. Whereas Quinn has question marks regarding his accuracy, success versus top flight competition, and whether Charlie Weis' offense made him look better than he actually was.

Also Leinart has at least shown potential in the NFL, with a few very good games. It's something at least; in contrast Quinn has done nothing. He also has the better supporting cast and weapons. This is as close to a slam dunk as I can think, but that's just me.

Old 07-04-2007, 09:39 PM    (permalink
nvot9
All-Pro

Location: And it's not even that big of a deal, something like 8% of kids do it.
nvot9 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Meh, I wouldn't say more question marks, as far as that offense goes, he was pretty dominant, regardless of if it was just because of Weis or not...

Jets will not take McFadden...
nvot9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 03:29 AM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Leinart will. He really looked like he belonged last year, thats a great start. He has plenty of weapons and his line is looking better.

Quinn has what could be a very solid line and a couple of guys that could be great weapons, but I dont think Quinn is as good a player in the first place.

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 03:38 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Leinart without a shadow of a doubt. He's been taught by Norm Chow, Steve Sarkisian and Lane Kiffin among others (3 damn good offensive minds). He plays with more talent around him, he's much more accurate, clutch etc... I think Quinn may have a slightly stronger arm but Leinart has really good touch on the ball and he usually makes great decisions. I still think Leinart will be the #1 QB of his class. VY is more exciting with his gamebreaking ability and Cutler has an absolute rocket launcher attached to his arm, but Leinart's poise, accuracy and decision-making make him the #1 QB in his class and definitely better than Quinn.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 11:23 AM    (permalink
ks_perfection
Veteran

ks_perfection hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I would have chosen Leinart before he was drafted, he's much more accurate, more poised and a good decision maker, Quinn has better arm strength but that is overrated. After seeing Leinart play very well for a rookie I think its a slam dunk choice.
ks_perfection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 11:52 AM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i picked leinart because i think he is overall the better player. quinn has a better arm (strength-wise) but ill take leinart in any other category.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 01:40 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's clearly Leinart. Accuracy over arm strength every time. Nevermind the fact that Leinart is a champion, and Quinn will be seriously injured several times. It's the Browns! The curse is still alive.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote