Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: who will be the better quarterback brady quinn or matt leinart
brady quinn 62 37.35%
matt leinart 104 62.65%
Voters: 166. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-05-2007, 02:20 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

dont see how you could go against leinart, he looked really solid last year, and some of his best games he didnt even have fitz playing...his top 3 wr's are arguably the best in the league, and with levi brown and russ grimm taking charge of the o line i think he has all the tools needed around him...

quinn has weapons no doubt, but i dont see him ending up being better then leinart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 10:53 PM    (permalink
RedAttack
Rookie

RedAttack hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinslowBodden View Post
The Cardinals have an aging running back (so do the Browns)
Edgerrin is 28-29 and has been consistently good over his career. You can even make an argument for the HOF.

Jamal Lewis had a handful of good years and is now coming off a down year and a significant injury.

I really don't see the comparison. I'm sure most people would take Edge.

Quote:
the Cardinals have 2 young stud receivers, which have done more so far than Winslow and Edwards I will give you that, but its not such a different that makes the Cardinals drastically better.
I really don't see how you can come to that conclusion?

How many pro-bowls have Winslow and Edwards been to? None.

How many 1,000 yd seasons do Winslow and Edwards have? None.

Again, no comparison.

Quote:
The Browns offensive line is better than Arizona's... They both were smart and drafted offensive linemen, I know some people had Levi Brown ranked higher, well Savage is known for drafting pro-bowlers in the first round, so I would be guessing he drafted the right guy... Add Steinbach and if Bentley can play at 80-90% of his pro-bowl form, the Browns line is much better.
No, only on paper are they better. The Browns line was far worse than Arizona's last year.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/ol.php

CLE:
Run Blocking: 31st.
Pass Blocking: 26th.

ARI:
Run Blocking: 23rd.
Pass Blocking: 15th.

Quote:
The Browns have the edge at safety with Sean Jones and a very athletic up comer in Brodney Pool.
I'm afraid it's not even close, Adrian Wilson is one of the best safteys in the NFL. Combined with a solid players in Terrence Holt and Aaron Francisco the Cardinals have the edge here.

Quote:
The linebacker situation for the Browns is very good, at every position we have young talent (Wimbley, Jackson, Davis/Williams, McGinest/Peak) However, our d-line is still very questionable and we will have to see how the players we added do.

I don't know enough about the Cardinals defense, so I would like someone to match it up against the Browns if they don't mind.
Arizona is moving to the 3-4, so it is difficult to give an accurate and or fair analysis right now.

The Cardinals do have a number of good players on defense like Adrian Wilson, Karlos Dansby, Bertrand Berry, Chike Okeafor, Gerald Hayes, Gabe Watson and Darnell Dockett. They also have a few guys who need to live up to their talent (mainly the corners Antrel Rolle and Eric Green).

So I would give them an 'not applicable' grade right now.
Old 07-06-2007, 04:20 AM    (permalink
Namy
Veteran

Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Too early to tell, but just for fun, I'd put my money on Leinart...

1. Look at the divisions: Brady has Pitt, Balt, and Cincy to go against. Leinart goes up against Seattle, St. Louis, and San Fran.

2. Offensive supporting cast: Brady has Edwards (who is progressing), KWII (also progressing, but not as good as he thinks he is), Lewis who hasnt made a splash since his good years, and a potentially amazing O-Line. Leinart has a poor O-Line (but headed in the right direction), a still very good Edgerrin James, Boldin, and Fitz (two accomplished WRs).

3. Environment: Both players played college football in Cali... Now, Brady will play in cold weather in an outside stadium with harsh winter conditions half the season. Leinart will play in a nice dome half the season with football-friendly Arizonian weather.

4. Leinart just seems to have that "it" factor. He had tremendous poise and leadership at USC and showed flashes of it in the NFL. Quinn has repeatedly failed in big games against great defenses. It will only get harder now...

Projected win total: 55+

Last edited by Namy : 07-06-2007 at 04:22 AM.
Namy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 05:25 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namy View Post

3. Environment: Both players played college football in Cali... Now, Brady will play in cold weather in an outside stadium with harsh winter conditions half the season. Leinart will play in a nice dome half the season with football-friendly Arizonian weather.
Notre Dame is in California? I could have sworn it was in South Bend, Indiana, but that's just me;)
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 11:32 AM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Red Attack you make valid points but I based my entire argument on what I think will happen this year...

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 11:39 AM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
Matt Leinart, and I say that with no hesitation.
  • He has better receivers with two top-10 caliber players.
  • He has stability with the new coaching staff; whereas Quinn may have a new coach next year.
  • He was the better college player, more clutch, more accurate, better leadership.
  • He plays in a warm weather division, in a dome, against weak defenses. The perfect situation to put up great statistics. A.K.A the Peyton Manning factor.
Those are excellent points. I didn't take into account the stability and weather factors, but still my verdict was the same: Leinart.

Leinart is very accurate, has an underrated arm(He's no Jamarcus obviously, but his arm is definitely good enough to do what he has to), underrated mobility(he isn't a statue, which many seem to think he is), he's just as smart as Quinn, and seems to have an "All I care about is winning" attitude, evidenced by his slights against Texas after the Rose Bowl(Which I tend to agree with. I think USC was a better team but nobody was gonna stop Vince that night).

Quinn is more mobile outside the pocket, and has a bit better of an arm, and is just as smart. He doesn't have the accuracy, or quite as good weapons as Leinart.

Something inside just tells me Leinart will be the better of the two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 01:36 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CutlerChris View Post
Those are excellent points. I didn't take into account the stability and weather factors, but still my verdict was the same: Leinart.
Very few people do. I personally think more people should pay attention. There is a reason Peyton Manning, Drew Brees, Marc Bulger and Jon Kitna were the top four passers last year. All of them play the majority of their games in dome stadiums. It is no coincidence.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 02:02 PM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Very few people do. I personally think more people should pay attention. There is a reason Peyton Manning, Drew Brees, Marc Bulger and Jon Kitna were the top four passers last year. All of them play the majority of their games in dome stadiums. It is no coincidence.
They were the Top 4 in terms of yardage. You should know yardage is a terrible measure of performance when used alone.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

Quote:
<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
<Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge
Dam8610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 02:05 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
They were the Top 4 in terms of yardage. You should know yardage is a terrible measure of performance when used alone.
It is terrible if you use any one given statistic alone. You could say that about a lot of statistics. The Passer Rating has David Carr as an above average QB last year, for example.

Old 07-06-2007, 02:08 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It is terrible if you use any one given statistic alone. You could say that about a lot of statistics. The Passer Rating has David Carr as an above average QB last year, for example.
Carr might not be that bad behind a decent o-line with a running game.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
Old 07-06-2007, 02:10 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinslowBodden View Post
Carr might not be that bad behind a decent o-line with a running game.
Damon Huard at #2, Mark Brunell at #10, are other examples.

Old 07-06-2007, 02:16 PM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Then what was the point you were trying to make? Domed stadiums lead to an increase in passing yaradge? Okay, I guess there's a trend there, but it's not like playing in a dome makes any of them better.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

Quote:
Old 07-06-2007, 02:23 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

Quote:
Damon Huard at #2, Mark Brunell at #10, are other examples.
And very good examples they are, I wouldn't be surprised to see Carr take over for Delhomme eventually if things go as they did last year.

As for Leinart Vs. Quinn, most of it is going to depend on their supporting casts.

Winslow needs to stay healthy and Edwards needs to stop dropping passes, the Cleveland o-line looks good on paper this year, but Jamal Lewis is a big question mark and probably the biggest person to Cleveland's success or failure this year... Browns offense needs to stay on the field longer to keep the defense fresh.

Cardinals don't have as many if's this year but their o-line wasn't upgraded as much as Cleveland's, as they added a starting LT, LG, and could have a returning center that was a pro-bowler. I was very happy with Arizona's and Cleveland's drafts, they both look like teams who could have a bright future, but I really don't think Quinn or Leinart have high bust rates, and that their supporting casts will make them look better or worse than the other one.

Old 07-06-2007, 02:26 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedAttack View Post

No, only on paper are they better. The Browns line was far worse than Arizona's last year.
Okay the Browns offensive line starter will probably be Joe Thomas, Eric Steinbach, LeCharles Bentley?, Hank Fraley, and Ryan Tucker. Everyone of those guys is proven good except Thomas who was a top 3 draft pick. Add in the depth of guys can start on most teams in Kevin Shaffer, Seth McKinney, and Kelly Butler and the Browns THIS year have one of the better O-Lines in the league, far superior to Arizona's this year. We might have to trade Shaffer due to his salary and the limited starting spots.

As far as the safeties go, Adrian Wilson is very good, but you can't take away from Sean Jones who is also one of the best safeties in the game, only one tier behind the Dawkins, Williams, Wilson, Reed category of elite. Brodney Pool might have a breakout year this year and if that happens that puts us over the top as having a better starting safety tandem than Arizona. Terrence Holt and Aaron Francisco are nothing to write home about, I'm sorry. Solid players, but not with the potential of Jones/Pool.
Old 07-06-2007, 03:59 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Quote:
Then what was the point you were trying to make? Domed stadiums lead to an increase in passing yaradge? Okay, I guess there's a trend there, but it's not like playing in a dome makes any of them better.
Passing statistics in general. Peyton Manning would still be a great Quarterback in say, New England or Chicago. However, playing in a dome/warm weather for almost all your games is a tremendous advantage. Fantasy football junkies always key in on QB/WRs that play in doors, or in warm weather. It plays a big part, just like a ball park impacts hitters in baseball.

Old 07-06-2007, 04:28 PM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Passing statistics in general. Peyton Manning would still be a great Quarterback in say, New England or Chicago. However, playing in a dome/warm weather for almost all your games is a tremendous advantage. Fantasy football junkies always key in on QB/WRs that play in doors, or in warm weather. It plays a big part, just like a ball park impacts hitters in baseball.
Huh? It didn't seem to affect Brees in any category other than yardage (though attempting 54 more passes in a season than in either of the previous two will tend to have an effect like that), as his TD/INT ratio and completion percentage remained about the same in the past three years. Oddly, the player of the 4 you listed that had an uncharacteristically good season by his standards was not either one of the QBs who had played in outdoor stadiums previously, but Marc Bulger, who saw his TD/INT ratio jump from 1.5/1 over the previous two seasons to 3/1 in 2006. Seems as though system has much more of an effect than ballpark, if ballpark has any kind of impact beyond yardage (or even yardage for that matter).

Quote:
Old 07-06-2007, 05:26 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brett Favre seems to do better in the cold through his career. But he is obviously the exception not the rule. It's a well known fact that it's harder to throw the ball on Lake Eerie's winds than it is in Tampa Bay.
Old 07-06-2007, 06:00 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Huh? It didn't seem to affect Brees in any category other than yardage (though attempting 54 more passes in a season than in either of the previous two will tend to have an effect like that), as his TD/INT ratio and completion percentage remained about the same in the past three years.
To be fair, Brees was coming from the most fair climate in pro football outside of a dome in San Diego.
Old 07-06-2007, 07:26 PM    (permalink
SubNoize
Veteran

SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

AZ only keeps the roof closed for the first 2 months of the season really, because it's ridiculously hot, past that they keep the roof open so it's similar to playing outdoors anyways. This has nothing to do with why Leinart is and will be the better QB anyways. Leinart is smarter and has a tremendous set of young talent on offense around him, Boldin and Fitz are better than Edwards and Winslow as offensive threats.
SubNoize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 07:26 PM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5
Sean Jones who is also one of the best safeties in the game, only one tier behind the Dawkins, Williams, Wilson, Reed category of elite.
I don't understand how you can make that statement. It's absolutly absurd to consider Sean Jones "only one tier behind" the likes of Brian Dawkins, Ed Reed, and Adrian Wilson.
Crazy_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 09:08 PM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lets start out with who's the better player as of now. Quinn has the better arm, but really, Leinart has everything else. I like Leinart, and I think he's the better player. The thing about Quinn is he has accuracy problems, and that comes from the strength he displayed at the combine when he put up (I think) 22 reps. Big whoop, however, I believe that he's become too strong. The strength has begun to limit his flexibility, messing with his accuracy. That could be a tough problem to fix. While he doesn't have the mechanics problems, I could see him going down the old Eli manning road, not progressing mch because a lack of accuracy is stunting that growth. Leinart has no accuracy problems. He's great.

As far as situations go... I'll take Leinart. The Browns have the superior defense. However, the coaching is much in favor of Leinart. Leinart can take his offensive-minded head coach and go places. Quinn, on the other hand, has a defensive-minded coach. It's shown quite a bit in the production, as the defense has come a long way, while the offense hasn't become tons better. That could stunt Quinn's growth. Keep in mind that Crennel's job is (supposedly) in jeaprody, too. Both the lines are crummy, and Leinart has a better receiving core by just a hair.

So, in the end Leinart will have the better career. Call me crazy, but I see Eli Manning, not Peyton Manning in Quinn.

BoneKrusher

Last edited by Staubach12 : 07-07-2007 at 10:59 AM.
Staubach12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 06:08 AM    (permalink
Namy
Veteran

Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
Notre Dame is in California? I could have sworn it was in South Bend, Indiana, but that's just me;)
LMAO. What was i on... my main poitn tho was Quinn will have harsher conditiosn to play in. My bad

Projected win total: 55+
Namy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 02:02 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Chris View Post
I don't understand how you can make that statement. It's absolutly absurd to consider Sean Jones "only one tier behind" the likes of Brian Dawkins, Ed Reed, and Adrian Wilson.
You will if you look who else is in the 2nd tier. The first tier is obviously those in the running for who can be considered the best safety in the game: Brian Dawkins, Ed Reed, Troy Polamalu, Adrian Wilson, Bob Sanders, Sean Taylor, and Roy Williams. Right below them are Kerry Rhodes, Sean Jones, Donte Whitner, Darren Sharper, Mike Huff and the like. Rhodes, Jones, Whitner, and Huff might all someday be in that top tier as they are all very young and only have had 1 great year so far.
Old 07-07-2007, 02:08 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

Roy Williams is so incredibly overrated.

Old 07-07-2007, 02:11 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
To be fair, Brees was coming from the most fair climate in pro football outside of a dome in San Diego.
Also killer surfing and fish tacos, both of which I enjoyed just a few minutes ago.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote