Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: who will be the better quarterback brady quinn or matt leinart
brady quinn 62 37.35%
matt leinart 104 62.65%
Voters: 166. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-15-2009, 12:38 PM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I liked Leinart alot coming out of college and hated Quinn. But so far both have shown very little but Quinn has shown slightly more

Thank you Lebron James, you are truly a King Among Men.

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

I remember Marshawn Lynch
DeathbyStat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 03:03 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtariBigby
Here's the problem son:
#1- Matt Leinart is still relevant, good or bad.
Uh, I never said he wasn't, and in your post, you never said he was. All you did was quote an old post on WR rankings, and rant about Larry Fitzgerald. Because of that, I told you to stick to the topic if you necropost. If you said, "So it's the end of the season, and after seeing some of Quinn and Leinart, what are ya'lls opinions?" then that's fine. Apparently, being obnoxious, spiteful, and wanting to bring disputes with SNIPER26 from another thread into one that's been dead for a year and a half is more important to you than basic etiquette.

Quote:
#2- The girls like Sniper have an ulcer when new threads are started, which I wanted to do about Leinart, so first I searched Leinart and this was the most recent one with him as the title of the thread
Oh the irony... A guy calling people names on the internet thinks he's a man. Again, you didn't state a single thing about Leinart. Not one thing. You made a vague principle in your post, which is located in the Leinart/Quinn thread.

Quote:
#3- It's actually interesting to see who thought what about Leinart, and about BQ. Some people have the ability, the ballz, to LOOK FORWARD and not just look at what has already happened. I call those people MEN. I call the ones who only go by exactly what has happened and are afraid to project anything different "GIRLS".
It doesn't take a man to state an opinion. It takes a keyboard. If you think posting your opinion about a player's potential on the internet means you have balls, then your social life must reallly, really be lacking.

Quote:
#4- We see there are some actual men in here, which makes me proud as a fellow football fan.
Some people wish to make an educated guess when it comes to predicting a player's success. You ever hear of scientific method? Congrats on thinking you're ballzy, but others kinda want to use their intellect and reasoning skills to form a theory.

You're not a man, AtariBigby. It doesn't take a man to look forward and project a player's future. It takes a person to do that, and when he's wrong, only then when he's accountable for his statements does he show he's a man. But, if you're the type of person who makes a prediction and rubs it in a person's face when once in a blue moon you're correct, then you're nothing but an immature child.

Quote:
NOW, what is going to happen with Matt Leinart and the Arizona Cardinals situation if Kurt Warner continues on next year?
Also, I was so PO'd at Leinart when he chose to stay in school when he WOULD HAVE been the #1 overall pick. And I was so glad when Vince Young single-handedly beat him in the National Championship game.
What a fool Leinart was then, and it's costing him some prime years, as well as he lost out on a lot of money. He also knocked up an EX-GF while still there in SoCal.

I know his arm isn't that rocket arm, but neither was Montana's, Pennington, and some other good ones. The guy has the ability, but does he have the desire?
Congrats for finally getting on topic. All that "testosterone" must really get ya sidetracked...

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 05:10 PM    (permalink
Larry
Veteran

Larry is a cocksman.Larry is a cocksman.Larry is a cocksman.Larry is a cocksman.Larry is a cocksman.

Leinart is a bust along with Vince Young.
Old 01-15-2009, 05:25 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

lol, is there an Rodgers vs. Smith threadzzz?
Old 01-15-2009, 05:32 PM    (permalink
BrownsTown
All-Pro

BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldn't pass judgement on either. Leinart is stuck behind someone who was in the MVP race for most of the year, Quinn was wrongly stuck behind Anderson, looked good in his starts, then suffered a moderate injury and to avoid risk they shelfed him (once the season was officially over).

Quinn's going to get control of the team next year. I think he'll be a good one. I'm still holding out hope for Leinart.
BrownsTown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 06:40 PM    (permalink
San Diego Chicken
Pro Bowler

San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There is a good chance Quinn will have a very very good year next year if Mangini can provide some stability in the locker room. I liked what I saw from him, and I think in 5 years or so, people will wonder why Russell was picked so much higher, just like people should wonder now why Smith was picked so much higher than Rodgers.

I think there is still a chance for Leinart, he's not a bust just yet. He had a good rookie year, with a bad OL situation, but then ended up in Whisenhunt's doghouse, got hurt, and then lost his job to Warner this season. I wouldn't be surprised if in a year or two, he ends up starting again, whether in Arizona or somewhere else, and does relatively well. But he does need to get his life straightened out and re-dedicate himself to football. I know people focus on his arm strength, but it's really his (lack of) leadership and effort to make himself a better player that has cost him so far.
Old 01-16-2009, 05:01 PM    (permalink
AtariBigby
Veteran

AtariBigby AtariBigby AtariBigby

When is Leinart's rookie contract up?
Isn't Warner's up after his year?

I think Philly will win this week, but what if AZ gets to or wins the Super Bowl?
Would Warner retire off into the AZ sunset?
AtariBigby is offline   Reply With Quote