Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 07-03-2007, 01:13 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default All-Time Draft Prospect Team

This is a team made up of the greatest draft prospects ever. Whether they are HOFers or draft busts they're all on the list.

QB John Elway - He had it all. Size, speed, and one of the best arms in NFL History.

RB Bo Jackson - Possibly one of the greatest athletes ever in any sport. Bo was 6'1 235 and ran a 4.2 forty. And to top it all of, he won the Heisman

Herschel Walker – Widely regarded as one of the greatest college players ever. Carried his team to a National Championship. Had good size at 6'1 225, ran over guys but was also really fast.

WR Calvin Johnson - 6'5 235, 4.35 forty, 45 inch vert, great production eve with a crappy QB. Also a high character guy. Basically the perfect WR prospect.

Randy Moss - Was 6'4 and ran a 4.2 forty. He was an explosive playmaker who could jump out of the stadium. Was unstoppable in college.

TE Vernon Davis - An absolute freak. Davis is the definition of a physical speciment. 6'4 260 and ran a 4.38. Just scary.

OL - Tony Mandarich - The Incredible Bulk was one of the biggest freaks in draft history. Was 6'6 315 and ran a 4.6!!! Disgusting combine numbers and was a stud a MSU.

Orlando Pace - Former 1st overall pick was dominant in college. He popularized the term pancake block. He was the two-time winner of the Lombardi Award and was the Big 10 MVP. To top it all off, He was 6'7" 325 and moved very well.

Jonathan Ogden – The 1995 Outland Trophy Winner, 6’9 340lbs Ogden was a beast. He had exceptional athletisism for his size. He had a very rare combination of size and quickness. Was the 4th overall pick in 1996.

Tony Boselli – At USC, Boselli was dominant. He was 6’7 320 and played with a nasty streak. He was tall, athletic, and had everything you look for in a stud left tackle. Was the Number 2 Overall pick in 1995.

C Dave Rimington – Center for Nebraska who has the Rimington Trophy named after him for the Top Center in College football. He won the Outland trophy in his Junior and Senior seasons along with being first-team All American. Was a top 25 pick in 1983.

DE Mario Williams – An absolute freak. At 6’7 295 he ran in the 4.7-4.6 range and had a ridiculous 40.5 inch vert. Had a monster junior season. One of the biggest physical freak in NFL History.

Julius Peppers – One of the greatest athletes for his size I’ve ever seen. 6’6 280 and ran a 4.6. Put up great production and was dominant. He was also College Basketball’s 6th man of the year. He was the prototypical DE.

DT Dan Wilkinson – A 6’4 345lbs beast from The Ohio State University. An absolute monster in the middle Wilkinson had great production and was a consensus first team All-American in his junior year. Was the first pick in 1994 draft.

Buck Buchanan – The first pick in the 1963 AFL Draft, Buchanan was physically ahead of his time. At 6’7 287lbs, Buchanan was timed at an amazing 10.2 seconds in the 100 meter coming out of college; an absolutely amazing time for someone his size. Had an very rare combination of size and speed that has yet to be seen from a DT since.

LB Lawrence Taylor – The most reckless and intense player to ever to play the game, LT was unstoppable. In his senior year he had 16 sacks and set many records. He was All-American and ACC Player of the Year. At 6’3 245 and great speed Taylor was widely regarded as the top player coming into the 1981 Draft.

Dick Butkus – A two time consensus All-American, Butkus was one of the greatest players in college football history. Butkus was huge for his time at 6’3 245 and has very good size by today standards. Butkus was relentless and one of the most feared players coming out of college.

LaVar Arrington – LaVar had the perfect size for an LB, 6’3 255lbs and ran a 4.5. Arrington was a beast with freakish size speed combo. His signature play, “The Lavar Leap” displayed his great athletism. Was the winner of the Butkus and the Bednarik Awards.

CB Charles Woodson – The only defensive player to ever win the Heisman. He made spectacular INT and punt returns. Played CB, WR, KR, PR. Was the star on his National Championship team.

Deion Sanders – Primetime is often considered one of the fastest palyers in college football history along with one of the greatest athletes. He was the deintion of a shutdown corner and had amazing skill at returning kicks.

S Sean Taylor – A 6’3 225 DB is something you rarely see. Sean Taylor was one of the hardest hitters I’ve ever seen. Had the ability to take over games. He also led college football with 10 INT’s in his senior year.

Bennie Blades – Was a key part of Miami’s 1987 National Championship. Had good size at 6’1 220. Was very fast. He also won the Thorpe Award. Was the 3rd overall pick in 1988.

K Sebastian Janikowski – Had probably the strongest leg of any kicker ever. Was picked 17th overall.

Edit:

Honarable Mention
Mike Vick
JaMarcus Russell
Reggie Bush
Andre Johnson
Keyshawn Johnson
Kellen Winslow Jr
Courtney Brown
Aundray Bruce
Tommy Nobis
Champ Bailey
LaRon Landry

Last edited by TACKLE : 07-06-2007 at 11:06 AM.
TACKLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 01:21 PM    (permalink
jbeans187
Veteran

jbeans187 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.jbeans187 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I ve never heard of buck buchanan, sounds impressive.
I also think there is an argument for Reggie Bush at rb and you could add Kellen Winslow 2 to the TEs. Also another wr in Andre Johnson or Roy Williams. Maybe Robert Gallery too

Leroy Smith - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koGD6XnAsNs

Last edited by jbeans187 : 07-03-2007 at 01:29 PM.
jbeans187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 01:22 PM    (permalink
Geaux Saints

I'd put Mike Vick over Elway as a "prospect"
Old 07-03-2007, 01:23 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kellen Winslow Jr. was a better prospect than Vernon Davis. He didn't have a 4.38 40 but he was still the better prospect.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 01:24 PM    (permalink
Geaux Saints

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
Kellen Winslow Jr. was a better prospect than Vernon Davis. He didn't have a 4.38 40 but he was still the better prospect.
I think the point of this list was guys measurables. Vernon Davis' measurables murked out Kellen Winslow's.. but K2 is still the better player.
Old 07-03-2007, 01:29 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well he said prospect, not best measurables. And it's not like Winslow wasn't physically impressive himself. Not Davis, but there aren't many of him.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 07-03-2007, 01:31 PM    (permalink
Geaux Saints

Quote:
Well he said prospect, not best measurables. And it's not like Winslow wasn't physically impressive himself. Not Davis, but there aren't many of him.
Thank you for proving my point.

He did say prospect, then went on to point out every single players "measurables" ... thats the only reason I would point Vernon ahead of K2. K2 is still the better player in my opinion.
Old 07-03-2007, 02:18 PM    (permalink
cardsalltheway
Veteran

cardsalltheway is a cocksman.cardsalltheway is a cocksman.cardsalltheway is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geaux Saints View Post
Thank you for proving my point.

He did say prospect, then went on to point out every single players "measurables" ... thats the only reason I would point Vernon ahead of K2. K2 is still the better player in my opinion.
There is a lot more to a prospect than just measurables. Davis had amazing measurables, but Winslow had fantastic hands, great size, awareness and wasn't lacking in measurables either.

Designs by D-Unit

ILEMTPKC - I Love Eli Manning <The Patriots Killer> Club
cardsalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 02:32 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

thats a really good list
America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 02:35 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

C'mon How could you put Vernon Davis in front of the F****** Soldier?

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 02:38 PM    (permalink
Geaux Saints

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsalltheway View Post
There is a lot more to a prospect than just measurables. Davis had amazing measurables, but Winslow had fantastic hands, great size, awareness and wasn't lacking in measurables either.
I know there is more than that... but thats all the threadstarter used for his evidence. Look at every player.. it's 40 times and height weight... He's rating the best combine players at each position.

Oh, and if Winslows last name was Chang, he wouldn't have been a top 10 pick.
Old 07-03-2007, 02:50 PM    (permalink
Acreboy
Pro Bowler

Acreboy hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Acreboy hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Is anyone saying VD doesn't have good hands?
Acreboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 02:51 PM    (permalink
Yung Flippa
Veteran

Yung Flippa hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Yung Flippa hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I Would Probably Consider Putting LaRon Landry in there.
He's one rare Safety.

Baltimore: 7-4
Yung Flippa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 02:51 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I know there is more than that... but thats all the threadstarter used for his evidence. Look at every player.. it's 40 times and height weight... He's rating the best combine players at each position.

Are you racist against asians? No wonder Timmy Chang isn't on this list. :p

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 02:56 PM    (permalink
Geaux Saints

Timmy just hooked it up with extra orange chicken at the local Panda Express. Timmy go.
Old 07-03-2007, 02:59 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

Very nice list TACKLE. Hard to disagree with anything on there.
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 03:15 PM    (permalink
cardsalltheway
Veteran

cardsalltheway is a cocksman.cardsalltheway is a cocksman.cardsalltheway is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yung Flippa View Post
I Would Probably Consider Putting LaRon Landry in there.
He's one rare Safety.
I think Kenny Phillips will have that spot opposite of Taylor after this year

Designs by D-Unit

ILEMTPKC - I Love Eli Manning <The Patriots Killer> Club
cardsalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 04:01 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I also support Winslow over Davis.

Also, you should toss Keyshawn Johnson above Randy Moss.
Old 07-03-2007, 04:09 PM    (permalink
Primetime21
Veteran

Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Vick should either put as best ATH prospect ever, or put over Elway. Just my opinion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
players intsimy latieres are sutpdi. the players areat all unituw/ o dpmt ebem aer about wat the lpater aare calling themeslves of whatever, terhera will Its sutpid/ neever be anothe said playerm. rscj p;syhyrt uniyeee, snf rhyrtrgotr, each player autntiwue for each syste,. /
Alcohol+Draft Forum= Fneuniest timez evverzzz
Primetime21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 04:13 PM    (permalink
jbeans187
Veteran

jbeans187 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.jbeans187 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:

He still would have been a top 10 pick, did u ever see him play in college? Its best prospects not combine performances, Winslow was a better all around player than Davis coming out of school

Leroy Smith - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koGD6XnAsNs
jbeans187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 04:30 PM    (permalink
Geaux Saints

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbeans187 View Post
He still would have been a top 10 pick, did u ever see him play in college? Its best prospects not combine performances, Winslow was a better all around player than Davis coming out of school

I'm not saying he wasn't... once again the pathetic-ity (my original word) of the public school system is displayed. I never said he wasn't a better player, just not the "combine prospect" Davis was... which is obviously what the thread starter used to make his cases.
Old 07-03-2007, 05:36 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

I really don't think he was going for best combine players, he was just using those numbers as support. He said best prospects, and Davis was not a better prospect than Winslow.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 07-03-2007, 05:39 PM    (permalink
Geaux Saints

Quote:
I really don't think he was going for best combine players, he was just using those numbers as support. He said best prospects, and Davis was not a better prospect than Winslow.
In your opinion.
Old 07-03-2007, 05:58 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

Well do you think Davis is a better prospect? You keep saying it's just measurables.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 07-03-2007, 06:00 PM    (permalink
Geaux Saints

I woulda taken Kellen because of his gene pool alone. Not to mention being far more NFL ready, a better blocker, better route runner, etc. Some NFL teams would prefer Vernon though based on measurables alone (Raiders) ... but I'm takin K2 all day.