Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 07-06-2007, 07:48 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

my cousin looks exactly like harry potter...its funny...but bout the books and movies,dont really enjoy them
Old 07-06-2007, 09:00 PM    (permalink
Philliez01
All-Pro

Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I actually think Voldemort could win the battle. I mean, Voldemort is one of the greatest villains of all-time in terms of power. A powerful wizard isn't going to die to the "Chosen One", if Harry survives it would be cliche'. Though at the same time, if Voldemert lives it's a cop - out to (well you could consider it). I think Rowling will want to establish how evil he is and even without the horcrux; he's far too powerful. I mean, Voldemort living would be like the Sopranos. When there is a black screen, it could be interpreted that he was living and just continued. I feel, Rowling will show how bad the guy is.

I think the final part, will be at Harry's parents grave. THIS IS TOTAL ESTIMATION but it has been foreshadowed to a degree. Harry said at the end of HBP that he would visit his parents grave. I think he destroys the horcruxes and goes to his old parents home and gravesite and as he's mourning; Voldemort comes in.

Give JKPIGSKIN credit for this masterpiece
Philliez01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 09:02 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Philliez, the thing you posted about Wormtail isnt spoilers, its speculation, so you can post it if you want.

EDIT: if its something foreshadowed in other books, be my guest. If its some internet 'leak' rumor on results, thats what I care about not being posted.

Video Games - Anime - Comics - Cosplay - etc

A site dedicated to giving support and exposure to female
geeks and gamers, while also providing a community for
people of all genders to hang out and discuss their
favorite nerd past-times without needing to worry about or
deal with the prejudice and mistreatment that's so common online.

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 09:04 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cage Match: Frodo vs. Potter. who comes out alive
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 09:06 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
Cage Match: Frodo vs. Potter. who comes out alive
Neither, the supporting characters interfere and cause a DQ. The fans go wild because the supporting characters are the people they come to see.

(Ive always been a fan of the supporting characters over the Main characters in those two series.)

Old 07-06-2007, 09:42 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by comahan View Post
Neither, the supporting characters interfere and cause a DQ. The fans go wild because the supporting characters are the people they come to see.

(Ive always been a fan of the supporting characters over the Main characters in those two series.)
Which is why you've taken every supporting character from both shows in the draft. :p

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 09:43 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
Which is why you've taken every supporting character from both shows in the draft. :p
Not even close, my friend.

Old 07-06-2007, 10:56 PM    (permalink
Philliez01
All-Pro

Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by comahan View Post
Philliez, the thing you posted about Wormtail isnt spoilers, its speculation, so you can post it if you want.

EDIT: if its something foreshadowed in other books, be my guest. If its some internet 'leak' rumor on results, thats what I care about not being posted.
Alright thanks, I just didn't want to risk it.

Well the thing I though of is the Wormtail "life debt" factor. I mean, Wormtail still owes Harry so maybe Voldemort's first attempt at Harry (whilst he's destroying Horcruxes) goes awry due to Wormtail. It was noted towards the end of Azkaban about what happened, and I feel that it's too major of a saying by Dumbledore to not show itself. He owes Harry and I think he's literally BOUND to help him. He'll be dead, my guess.

I assume there will be deaths of non-Major characters as well. I can't see them killing Bill just because he's just a character. I say, Percy will be killed. I could picture the Weasleys mourning about how they treated him (even though dude's a juueee n00b) and that will put a huge damper on the wedding.

Give JKPIGSKIN credit for this masterpiece
Philliez01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 11:07 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i cant wait to see the movie the last one was real good

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 11:09 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

anyone thinks harry will die
Old 07-07-2007, 05:59 AM    (permalink
Namy
Veteran

Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ahhh... i hate the long intervals between books... and I don't have the 6th book on me as I'm away from home for a couple weeks. Could someone please refresh me on the major poitns of book 6....

Specifically:

What is a horcrux:
What is an O.W.L.

and other things that are important...

Projected win total: 55+
Namy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 09:19 AM    (permalink
RoyHall#1
Pro Bowler

RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namy View Post
ahhh... i hate the long intervals between books... and I don't have the 6th book on me as I'm away from home for a couple weeks. Could someone please refresh me on the major poitns of book 6....

Specifically:

What is a horcrux:
What is an O.W.L.

and other things that are important...
A horcrux is an object which a wizard has split his soul into and put part of it into this object. Voldemort is believed to have 6 horcruxes. He can make a horcrux whenever he kills someone. Harry has to hunt down these horcruxes and destroy them before he can kill the real Voldemort.

An OWL means Ordinary Wizarding Level. When you hear "O.W.L.'s" it means the exams students take after there 5th year.

As for everything else... Snape killed Dumbledore, it's up in the air whether Snape is evil or not though. Harry has to destroy the remaining horcruxes (3-4 more) and have a final showdown with Voldemort. I guess that's about it for the major points.
RoyHall#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 10:53 AM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Mr.Weasley will die. He'll sacrifice himself for Ron. As far as who R.A.B. is, it's Regulus Black.

BoneKrusher
Staubach12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 03:35 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Whoever said Fawkes is Dumbledore's horcrux, that is incorrect. Dumbledore looked so down upon Tom for splitting his soul. Plus JKR already told us Dumbledore will not come back.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 03:44 PM    (permalink
wiscbadgerfootball
Pro Bowler

wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule View Post
Whoever said Fawkes is Dumbledore's horcrux, that is incorrect. Dumbledore looked so down upon Tom for splitting his soul. Plus JKR already told us Dumbledore will not come back.
yeah I highly doubt a Wizard like Dumbledore would engage in dark magic like horocruxes

sig by me.. first in ages, pm with requests
wiscbadgerfootball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 04:19 PM    (permalink
RoyHall#1
Pro Bowler

RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule View Post
I thought that Dumbledore might've done it for the greater good in his master plan. But if JK said he's not coming back, then I guess that is out of the question. But I'm pretty sure she's never said anything about Sirius.... although I would much rather have Albus back.
Old 07-07-2007, 04:21 PM    (permalink
wiscbadgerfootball
Pro Bowler

wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyHall#1 View Post
I thought that Dumbledore might've done it for the greater good in his master plan. But if JK said he's not coming back, then I guess that is out of the question. But I'm pretty sure she's never said anything about Sirius.... although I would much rather have Albus back.
idk.. we'll just have to wait and see.. the anticipation is killing me

sig by me.. first in ages, pm with requests
wiscbadgerfootball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 05:56 PM    (permalink
RonnieRun23
Rookie

RonnieRun23 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

you know how they mention that something of gryffindor's could have been a horcrux? Maybe it's Harry's parents house, Godric's hollow, named after Godric Gryffindor. i don't know, just a thought.
RonnieRun23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 05:58 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staubach12 View Post
I think Mr.Weasley will die. He'll sacrifice himself for Ron. As far as who R.A.B. is, it's Regulus Black.
my mom thinks that ron will sacrifice himself for harry...i dont read the books nor do i watch the movies but my mom and gma talk about them all the time so i guess i gain knowledge on them
Old 07-07-2007, 08:35 PM    (permalink
RoyHall#1
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonnieRun23 View Post
you know how they mention that something of gryffindor's could have been a horcrux? Maybe it's Harry's parents house, Godric's hollow, named after Godric Gryffindor. i don't know, just a thought.
That's Harry's parent's house? I don't think so... although I never thought of something from Gryffindor being at Godric's Hollow although it makes sense. But I think we can trust Dumbledore when he said that the sword is the only artifact remaining that was in possesion of Godric. And if Nagini really is a horcrux, that only leaves one left. If it is something from Gryffindor, then that leaves Ravenclaw out which doesn't seem right IMO.
Old 07-08-2007, 12:42 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm 90% sure that the tiara is the Ravenclaw artifact turned horcrux.

Designs by me
Quote:

Last edited by thule : 07-08-2007 at 12:50 AM.
Old 07-08-2007, 12:50 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

To elaborate on it...

Ravenclaw's Tiara
?~? Where is it?
*Room of Requirement?
"perched a dusty old wig and a tarnished tiaraon the statues head..." HBP pg. 527
?~? A recent quote by JKR that Hogwarts houses were representative of the 4 elements: earth (Hufflepuff), air (Ravenclaw), fire (Gryffindor), and water (Slytherin). Point out that these elements also correspond to the tarot suits, as in cups (water), swords (fire), air (wands), and pentacles (earth). We were unable, however, to make these symbols correspond to the Horcrux symbols (though Gryffindor's sword is certainly a fire symbol)
?~? Then tarot found a reference in mythology that tied these two theories together. The raven, like all birds, is traditionally considered an air symbol (i.e."Raven"-claw). It is also a symbol of the Morrigan, an ancient Celtic goddess of whom the following verse was written:

Deep in the shadowed forest, far from trodden paths
Morrigan reverently strolls through a sacred oak grove.
Completely engrossed by her thoughts, lost to the beauty
Of this tranquil wildwood alcove.

The Goddess, beautifully tall, muscular, statuesque,
Copper tresses confined by a simple silver tiara, designed for a Queen.

There was also a lot of evidence we found in the house ghosts representations in the movies and PS2 game.
The ravenclaw ghost is wearing a Tiara, and the hufflepuff ghost always has a cup in hand, even in PS2 game where it showed the founding members.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 07-08-2007, 02:40 AM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow. Watching The Sorcerors Stone movie really shows you how long it's been since the first movie/book came out.

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 01:36 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Ya SS and COS can be hard to sit through if your not a true fan. I mean watching 12 year olds run around makes you really concentrate on the overall plot but outside of that it's much easier to just stick to the books. Anyone else wanna break down the ravenclaw artifact...I'd like to see some other strong backed up opinions....I'll give someone a good start....Wand.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 07-09-2007, 02:54 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Harry Potter and the OotP comes out 33 hours...can't wait.

Designs by me
Quote: