Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 12-17-2006, 12:24 AM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default NBA or NCAA?

Is there anybody else, that hates the NBA, but loves watching NCAA basketball?
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 12:24 AM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

NCAA without question.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 12:27 AM    (permalink
iworshipbender
Pro Bowler

iworshipbender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iworshipbender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iworshipbender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iworshipbender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iworshipbender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iworshipbender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iworshipbender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iworshipbender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iworshipbender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iworshipbender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iworshipbender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

NCAA >>>>>>>>> jordanless-NBA

I SUPPORT A GREENER OREGON
iworshipbender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 12:29 AM    (permalink
4pAc
Pro Bowler

4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

...yeah

Sig by Darnik44two

Lord Favre Is Immortal
4pAc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 12:31 AM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ok, i guess the real question behind this is, why? Why is it that NCAA basketball is better to the average person than the NBA?
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 12:33 AM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Re: NBA or NCAA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston
Is there anybody else, that hates the NBA, but loves watching NCAA basketball?
Yes, no doubt, always been that way my whole life.

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 12:33 AM    (permalink
4pAc
Pro Bowler

4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Ok, i guess the real question behind this is, why? Why is it that NCAA basketball is better to the average person than the NBA?
players play with more passion i guess

Sig by Darnik44two

Lord Favre Is Immortal
4pAc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 12:34 AM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
A) It's team basketball, not a lot of one-on-one

B) The atmosphere in the games are incredible, something the NBA can't touch. I mean thousands of screaming student fans dressed in body paint and screaming their heads off, come on now. There's nothing better.

C) They aren't a bunch of overpaid panzies

D) March Madness, nuff said

E) They actually allow them to play in College, unlike the NBA where if you breath on a person it's a foul

F) Home court advantage is home court advantage in College Basketball.

G) It's just a better overall game

Quote:
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
Old 12-17-2006, 01:51 AM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34
Quote:

B) The atmosphere in the games are incredible, something the NBA can't touch. I mean thousands of screaming student fans dressed in body paint and screaming their heads off, come on now. There's nothing better.

E) They actually allow them to play in College, unlike the NBA where if you breath on a person it's a foul

same could be said about football.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 08:00 AM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean
Quote:
Quote:

Lol, you're calling pro football players overpaid panzies? They get paid alot less than NBA guys. The max contract starting point is like $15 mill and it grows every year.

NBA Sucks. There are like 5 good centers in the NBA, the same teams always win, the draft is a joke and in any given one there will probably only be 10 good players, and the officiating is awful. EASILY the worst professional league IMO. Which sucks because basketball isn't a bad sport at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 08:02 AM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Um no. Basketball players are ridiculously overpaid, much like baseball players and many of them are panzies. I won't name names but once comes to mind after the brawl last night.

Quote:
Old 12-17-2006, 08:27 AM    (permalink
dRaFtDoRk
Veteran

dRaFtDoRk hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Um no. Basketball players are ridiculously overpaid, much like baseball players and many of them are panzies. I won't name names but once comes to mind after the brawl last night.
Ooo Ooo I know this one, pick me, pick me!
dRaFtDoRk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 08:32 AM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by dRaFtDoRk
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

*searches through room and finds draftdork*

Ok, draftdork. :D

And his first name is a type of candy.

Quote:
Old 12-17-2006, 09:46 AM    (permalink
dRaFtDoRk
Veteran

dRaFtDoRk hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dRaFtDoRk
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

*searches through room and finds draftdork*

Ok, draftdork. :D

And his first name is a type of candy.
Miniature Carmelo bar, Earl Boykins

He may be 5'5" but he can pack a punch like no other. He just jumps up there and socks you in the face :D
dRaFtDoRk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 10:15 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've never really gotten into NCAA except the year Syracuse won it, and a little when UCONN won it with Gordon and Okafor. It just doesn't do it for me, I enjoy the NBA much more.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 10:23 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisCybulski
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Lol, you're calling pro football players overpaid panzies? They get paid alot less than NBA guys. The max contract starting point is like $15 mill and it grows every year.

NBA Sucks. There are like 5 good centers in the NBA, the same teams always win, the draft is a joke and in any given one there will probably only be 10 good players, and the officiating is awful. EASILY the worst professional league IMO. Which sucks because basketball isn't a bad sport at all.
Umn yeah I love NCAA much more but your whole only 10 good players in each draft thing is funny. Ever think it's because there are only 60 players taken in a draft and there are thousands less NBA players than NFL players.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 10:27 AM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghettosermon
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisCybulski
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Umn yeah I love NCAA much more but your whole only 10 good players in each draft thing is funny. Ever think it's because there are only 60 players taken in a draft and there are thousands less NBA players than NFL players.
Still though, a first round pick should be used on someone who at least ends up serviceable. Andwhen I say good, I don't even mean real good, I mean starter, or even good sixth man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 01:01 AM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like the NBA more because they are very charitable and have some players that give a crap about the community.

The NFL donated 1 million dollars to hurriccane relief. the nba...250 million.

Kevin Garnett alone donated 25 million to rebuilding Southern Louisiana. (watch oprah if you dont believe me)

I know the NFL has great people like Warrick Dunn, but most NFL players are just drug addicts that care more bout themselves than anything else.
Old 12-18-2006, 01:05 AM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

oh and btw, i do not mean i like basketball more than football, i just think the nba has done a better job of handling their business.

Also, you cant use the logic that you're only considered successful if you become a starter... there are only 5 people that start per team.

And i know they are overpaid but the reason is because, everyone contributes on a basketball team, there are people on football teams that never ever see the field, including practice squads etc.

i like football more now though, college...
Old 12-18-2006, 01:11 AM    (permalink
BrownsTown
All-Pro

BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

NCAA by far. I mean, take for example. I was flipping between the Cavs game and the Ohio State - North Carolina game. I mean, the Cavs are in the 4th quarter, close game, and they don't even look like they're trying. Flip one channel down to OSU-NC, they're playing crazy fast, trying like crazy, diving for balls, jumping to block shots, driving as hard as they can. These aren't guys getting paid the big bucks, they're playing basketball because they want to, because it's fun, and it shows.
BrownsTown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 01:18 AM    (permalink
Namy
Veteran

Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like both, but I always like professional leagues over collegiate. Better players, talent, and bigger stage to play on. I enjoy seeing the best of the best play each other. The atmosphere isn't always as great in the regular season, but the NBA playoffs are great. I don't know why the salary of professional players should have anything to do w/why college is better than professional but whatevers.

Projected win total: 55+
Namy is offline   Reply With Quote