Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 07-06-2007, 03:58 PM    (permalink
Veteran

22,895 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Our Indispensable Player

I was looking at a poll and I got to the Dallas Cowboys and it had 5 choices Flozell,Owens,Romo,Ware,and Roy. So I was thinking to myself our most indispensable player isn't even on there. It's Terence Newman. He is the only player on there that just can't be replaced.
22,895 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 04:30 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 22,895 View Post
I was looking at a poll and I got to the Dallas Cowboys and it had 5 choices Flozell,Owens,Romo,Ware,and Roy. So I was thinking to myself our most indispensable player isn't even on there. It's Terence Newman. He is the only player on there that just can't be replaced.
This is a tough call and I'd say it would be between Ware & Newman. Newman is that shut down corner every team loves. And Ware is that ultimate speed rusher on the outside. Both types of players can make a defense. You could even make a case for Witten, but it's not as compelling as Ware & Newman.

Signature courtesy of BoneKrusher
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 04:35 PM    (permalink
mat33
Rookie

mat33 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

As much as I love Newman I think that he is more expendable than either Ware or Romo. Romo is the cheap QB we've been looking for since Troy, and Ware is the dynamic playmaker on defence.
mat33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 05:31 PM    (permalink
Im_a_Romosexual
Pro Bowler

Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ware with Newman being a close second
Im_a_Romosexual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 09:56 PM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ware is the most indespencable player. Second goes to Newman, and then third to Romo.

BoneKrusher
Staubach12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 10:13 PM    (permalink
KILLERSANTA
Pro Bowler

KILLERSANTA hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Can it really be ware, with the depth we have at LB? Ware may be are best player, But not Our Indispensable Player.

You could give it to Newman, But we have Glenn. Who isn't near as good as Newman. But, He's still a solid starter.

I would say Jason Ferguson, There couldn't be less depth behind him. Witten would be #2.(Anthony Fasano kinda blows)
Old 07-06-2007, 10:22 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good question. But I really don't believe we have that Peyton Manning or Lt on our team, who if gone the team would just fall apart. Not that we have terrible players, more that we have a pretty balanced team with good depth at most positions. Ferguson as Killa alluded to, would a be decent pick, seeing that NT maybe the weakest position depth wise. Romo since he is the starting QB, Newman or Ware just becuase of there impact. But I truly can't decide.
Paul is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 11:15 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

imo its ware....i know you can get a passrusher anywhere but i think he is up there with the best with his blend of size and speed..a close second is newman though..kids a player
Old 07-07-2007, 01:12 AM    (permalink
Jdallas
Pro Bowler

Jdallas hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I immeadiately think of Witten because he opens up so much for our offense with our versatility. Feguson makes a lot of sense too. Not necessarily because he's so good, but because we have no proven talent behind him. In the end I would say Witten as of right now because our offense was what was carrying us towards the end and I think Witten plays the biggest role in its success.

Desings by D-Unit
Jdallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 04:00 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdallas View Post
I immeadiately think of Witten because he opens up so much for our offense with our versatility. Feguson makes a lot of sense too. Not necessarily because he's so good, but because we have no proven talent behind him. In the end I would say Witten as of right now because our offense was what was carrying us towards the end and I think Witten plays the biggest role in its success.
Holy Hell! The bass turd is ALIVE!!!!

Good to see you old friend.

...Witten is not the most indispensible player, though.... imo.

How many QBs have we gone through since Aikman left? 14 or something???

It's gotta be Romo. That's my opinion.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 04:44 AM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

the running back duo? i really think without the combination jj n barbor gives the rushing game wouldnt be as great, jj breaking long ones and barbor pounding it in on short yardage or goal line

my .02

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 04:49 AM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For reasons already discussed, my vote goes to Romo. Not our best player, but if he went down in training camp my hopes for the team would go down significantly more than losing any other player.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/afte...man/1114044540
HEISMANHERSCHEL is offline   Reply With Quote