Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 07-07-2007, 01:06 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Pre-Season Big 10 Teams and Predictions

Yeah, I'm friggin bored and thought I'd put a list together. Critique away.

QB: Chad Henne, Michigan
RB: Mike Hart, Michigan
RB: P.J Hill, Wisconsin
WR: Mario Manningham, Michigan
WR: James Hardy, Indiana
TE: Travis Beckum, Wisconsin
OL: Jake Long, Michigan
OL: Kirk Barton, Ohio State
OL: Adam Kraus, Michigan
OL: Jordan Grimes, Purdue
OL: Marcus Coleman, Wisconsin

DE: Vernon Gholston, Ohio State
DT: Jason Chapman, Wisconsin
DT: Terrance Taylor, Michigan
DE: Matt Shaughnessey, Wisconsin
LB: J Leman, Illinois
LB: James Laurinaitis, Ohio State
LB: Dan Connor, Penn State
CB: Jack Ikegwuonu, Wisconsin
CB: Malcolm Jenkins, Ohio State
S: Anthony Scirotto, Penn State
S: Jamar Adams, Michigan

Return Man: Marcus Thigpen, Indiana

Predictions:

Wisconsin will lose at least 2 Big 10 games: @ Ohio State and vs. Michigan
Michigan will win the Big 10 :)
P.J Hill will NOT lead the conference in rushing this season.
Anthony Scirotto will miss the Florida International game but that is it for his role in an off-campus fight.
Austin Scott will rush for 1100+ yards
Anthony Morelli will suffer through another mediocre year despite having probably the best WR corps in the conference.
Both Penn State and Michigan will beat Notre Dame
Illinois will make a bowl game.....IF Juice Williams can complete 50% of his passes
Arrelious Benn will be the Big 10's Freshman of the Year
Albert Young will crack 1,000 yards this year.
Mike Hart will crack 1,500 yards.
Chris Wells will be loads of fun to watch and loads of trouble to bring down.
Derrick Williams will put up the worst numbers for the top 3 WR on Penn State.
Wisconsin will disappoint, while Illinois will surprise some.
Jake Long will be a top 3 pick in the draft next season.
For the third straight season, Tyrell Sutton will surpass 1,000 yards.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 01:39 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

QB-Chad Henne
RB-Mike Hart
RB-Beanie Wells
WR-Mario Manningham
WR-Dorien Bryant
TE-Travis Beckum
OL-Jake Long
OL-Alex Boone
OL-Kirk Barton
OL-Jordan Grimes
OL-Adam Kraus

DL-Vernon Gholston
DL-Kenny Iwebema
DL-Terrance Taylor
DL-Maurice Evans
LB-James Laurinaitis
LB-Dan Connor
LB-J Leman
DB-Malcolm Jenkins
DB-Jack Ikegwuwoniwonwonw
DB-Jamar Adams
DB-Justin King

There are a lot of good DBs this year. Jenkins, that Wisconsin guy, Adams, King, Vontae Davis, Kurt Coleman, Scirotto, AJ Wallace, Otis Wiley, plus a few sleepers. PJ Hill, Mike Hart, Chris Wells, Tyrell Sutton, Austin Scott and Javon Ringer are all gonna break 1000 yards this year. Good year for RBs in the Big10 too. Hill, Hart, and Wells will probably contend for all-american honors.
Old 07-07-2007, 04:20 PM    (permalink
wiscbadgerfootball
Pro Bowler

wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

kinda biased Sniper.. but I would be too.. watch out for Wisconsin I'm telling ya

players to watch

Tyler Donovan-QB- has really matured and is a much more dynamic quarterback than Stocco was

PJ Hill-RB- should have a great season now that he's more experienced and had the offseason to recover and train

Travis Beckum-TE- this guy is just a phenomenal athlete

Jonathan Casillas-LB- an amazingly quick linebacker who should rack up a bunch of tackles

obviously Ikegowounu too

some questions at on the o-line as far as who be the best choice

sig by me.. first in ages, pm with requests
wiscbadgerfootball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 04:46 PM    (permalink
sodar21
Veteran

sodar21 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
Yeah, I'm friggin bored and thought I'd put a list together. Critique away.

RB: P.J Hill, Wisconsin
WR: James Hardy, Indiana
TE: Travis Beckum, Wisconsin
OL: Kirk Barton, Ohio State
OL: Adam Kraus, Michigan

DE: Vernon Gholston, Ohio State
DT: Jason Chapman, Wisconsin
DE: Matt Shaughnessey, Wisconsin
LB: J Leman, Illinois
LB: James Laurinaitis, Ohio State
LB: Dan Connor, Penn State
CB: Malcolm Jenkins, Ohio State
S: Anthony Scirotto, Penn State
S: Jamar Adams, Michigan

Return Man: Marcus Thigpen, Indiana

Predictions:

Wisconsin will lose at least 2 Big 10 games: @ Ohio State and vs. Michigan
Michigan will win the Big 10 :)
P.J Hill will NOT lead the conference in rushing this season.
Anthony Scirotto will miss the Florida International game but that is it for his role in an off-campus fight.
Austin Scott will rush for 1100+ yards
Anthony Morelli will suffer through another mediocre year despite having probably the best WR corps in the conference.
Both Penn State and Michigan will beat Notre Dame
Illinois will make a bowl game.....IF Juice Williams can complete 50% of his passes
Arrelious Benn will be the Big 10's Freshman of the Year
Albert Young will crack 1,000 yards this year.
Mike Hart will crack 1,500 yards.
Chris Wells will be loads of fun to watch and loads of trouble to bring down.
Derrick Williams will put up the worst numbers for the top 3 WR on Penn State.
Wisconsin will disappoint, while Illinois will surprise some.
Jake Long will be a top 3 pick in the draft next season.
For the third straight season, Tyrell Sutton will surpass 1,000 yards.
Not that I agree with everything but I do like your thinking.

I personally am high on Rashard Mendenhall from Illinois. I think he could easily be the 3rd or 4th best RB in the Big Ten next year behind Hart, Wells, Scott/Hill.

You got to take Jamar Adams of the DB list and put Justin King or Otis Wiley instead. And while I really like James Hardy I think the other WR spot goes to Dorien Bryant. Also isn't Nick Hayden the better of the two Wisconsin defensive tackles? I may be wrong here.
sodar21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 05:06 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the Standings will end up:

1. Michigan
2. Ohio State
3. Wisconsin
4. Penn State
5. Iowa
6. Indiana
7. Illinois
8. Purdue
9. Michigan State
10. Minnesota
11. Northwestern

I think OSU/Wisconsin/PSU are all close (i.e. PSU beats OSU, Wisc beats PSU, OSU beats Wisconsin).

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 05:31 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yes I forgot Mendenhall too. Michael Hart, Chris Wells, PJ Hill, Rashard Mendenhall, Tyrell Sutton, Javon Ringer, Amir Pinnix, Austin Scott, and Albert Young. That's a pretty good group of RBs for just one conference.
Old 07-08-2007, 02:50 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiscbadgerfootball View Post
kinda biased Sniper.. but I would be too.. watch out for Wisconsin I'm telling ya

players to watch

Tyler Donovan-QB- has really matured and is a much more dynamic quarterback than Stocco was

PJ Hill-RB- should have a great season now that he's more experienced and had the offseason to recover and train

Travis Beckum-TE- this guy is just a phenomenal athlete

Jonathan Casillas-LB- an amazingly quick linebacker who should rack up a bunch of tackles

obviously Ikegowounu too

some questions at on the o-line as far as who be the best choice
Kinda biased? Where? I put Beckum, Hill and Ikegwuonu on the list. What else do you want from me? Henne is the best QB, Hill and Hart the best HB, and who is better than Super Mario?
Old 07-08-2007, 03:07 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodar21 View Post
Not that I agree with everything but I do like your thinking.

I personally am high on Rashard Mendenhall from Illinois. I think he could easily be the 3rd or 4th best RB in the Big Ten next year behind Hart, Wells, Scott/Hill.

You got to take Jamar Adams of the DB list and put Justin King or Otis Wiley instead. And while I really like James Hardy I think the other WR spot goes to Dorien Bryant. Also isn't Nick Hayden the better of the two Wisconsin defensive tackles? I may be wrong here.
I did a S position, not four DBs. If it were just 4 DBs and not 2 CB and 2 S, King would be on it. It's hard for me to put Bryant because he may be more of a product of the system.
Old 07-08-2007, 04:12 PM    (permalink
BerninWI
Rookie

BerninWI is a cocksman.BerninWI is a cocksman.BerninWI is a cocksman.BerninWI is a cocksman.BerninWI is a cocksman.

http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn...c.php?t=234107

Top 40 Big Ten players from Sporting News:

1. Jack Ikegwuonu, CB, Wisconsin
2. Mike Hart, RB, Michigan
3. Vernon Gholston, DE, Ohio State
4. Mario Manningham, WR, Michigan
5. James Laurinaitis, LB, Ohio State
6. Travis Beckum, TE, Wisconsin
7. Malcolm Jenkins, CB, Ohio State
8. Dan Connor, LB, Penn State
9. Jake Long, OT, Michigan
10. Chad Henne, QB, Michigan
11. Justin King, CB, Penn State
12. P.J. Hill, RB, Wisconsin
13. Jordan Grimes, G, Purdue
14. Matt Shaughnessy, DE, Wisconsin
15. Shawn Crable, LB, Michigan
16. Kirk Barton, OT, Ohio State
17. Dorien Bryant, WR, Purdue
18. Jason Chapman, DT, Wisconsin
19. James Hardy, WR, Indiana
20. J Leman, LB, Illinois
21. Anthony Scirrotto, S, Penn State
22. Taylor Mehlhaff, K, Wisconsin
23. Sean Lee, LB, Penn State
24. Dustin Keller, TE, Purdue
25. Willie VanDeSteeg, DE, Minnesota
26. Marcus Coleman, C, Wisconsin
27. Chris Wells, RB, Ohio State
28. Curtis Painter, QB, Purdue
29. Terrance Taylor, DT, Michigan
30. Kellen Lewis, QB, Indiana
31. Deon Butler, WR, Penn State
32. Adam Kraus, G, Michigan
33. Albert Young, RB, Iowa
34. Jamar Adams, S, Michigan
35. Anthony Morelli, QB, Penn State
36. Tyrell Sutton, RB, Northwestern
37. Chris Norwell, DT, Illinois
38. Marcus Thigpen, KR, Indiana
39. A.J. Trapasso, P, Ohio State
40. Amir Pinnix, RB, Minnesota

Somebody actually watches the big ten and saw Jack Ikegwuonu stick to glue like receivers. Unlike some of the homers and big name school jock riders here. Justin King and Malcolm Jenkins are good players, but c'mon...Ike is special.

2 losses for Wisconsin is more of a worst case scenario. I think that's a lot of cognitive dissonance from a Michigan fan, because they might need Wisconsin to falter to win the conference, and also over confidence head to head because of past successes in very hotly contested contests. That head to head success is really disproportionate to the relative program strength (Wisconsin should win at least a third, if not 2/5 of the time) of the two schools. That's why I think Wisconsin gets much more respect from OSU fans. OSU, conversely to Michigan, loses to Wisconsin a disproportionate amount of time. But new season, brings new players and expectations. This is Wisconsin's best. Adjust your paradigm. Wisconsin is the team to beat in the big ten according to many unbiased national sources.
BerninWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 05:50 PM    (permalink
LB51

RB: Chris Wells, OSU
WR: Dorien Bryant,Purdue
TE: Andrew Quarrles, PSU
OL: Kirk Barton, OSU
OL: A.Q. Shipley, PSU

DE: Vernon Gholston, OSU
DT: Chris Norwel, Illinois
DE: Ken Iwebema, iowa
LB: Sean Lee, PSU
LB: James Laurinaitis, OSU
LB: Dan Connor, PSU
CB: Malcolm Jenkins, OSU
S: Anthony Scirotto, PSU
S: Dominque Barber Minnesota
Old 07-08-2007, 10:11 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BerninWI View Post
http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn...c.php?t=234107

Top 40 Big Ten players from Sporting News:

1. Jack Ikegwuonu, CB, Wisconsin
9. Jake Long, OT, Michigan

Somebody actually watches the big ten and saw Jack Ikegwuonu stick to glue like receivers. Unlike some of the homers and big name school jock riders here. Justin King and Malcolm Jenkins are good players, but c'mon...Ike is special.

2 losses for Wisconsin is more of a worst case scenario. I think that's a lot of cognitive dissonance from a Michigan fan, because they might need Wisconsin to falter to win the conference, and also over confidence head to head because of past successes in very hotly contested contests. That head to head success is really disproportionate to the relative program strength (Wisconsin should win at least a third, if not 2/5 of the time) of the two schools. That's why I think Wisconsin gets much more respect from OSU fans. OSU, conversely to Michigan, loses to Wisconsin a disproportionate amount of time. But new season, brings new players and expectations. This is Wisconsin's best. Adjust your paradigm. Wisconsin is the team to beat in the big ten according to many unbiased national sources.
Did I or did I not put Ikegwuonu on the list which included only 2 CB? I like him a lot and I like the Wisconsin team a lot. Michigan won't need Wisconsin to falter, we'll just beat you and win it ourselves. Wisconsin is breaking in a new QB who is untested and not proven at all, sorry if I'll take a 4 year starter ahead of him. The defense, led by Jack, should damn good. People are just assuming Wisconsin will build on last year's results (while good, they got manhandled by Michigan) and Wisco does have to break in a new LT as well, because apparently the guy that left was pretty good;). I also don't agree with Ikegwuonu being the top player in the Big 10, Jake Long says hello. Long is incredible and was as good as Joe Thomas last year, if not better. However, I would put Ikegwuonu in the top 5 in the conference and probably the top CB. Wisconsin fans need to stop this "Everyone hates us" crap. Let it go. You played one of the big boys from the Big 10 last year and got rocked, sorry Tyler Donovan doesn't inspire fear. Load up seven or eight in the box and I'll take my chances
Old 07-10-2007, 04:49 PM    (permalink
CARDIAC CAT 7
Rookie

CARDIAC CAT 7 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

QB: Chad Henne, Sr., Michigan
RB: P.J. Hill , So. , Wisconsin
RB: Mike Hart, Sr. , Michigan
WR: Mario Manningham , Jr. , Michigan
WR: James Hardy , Jr. , Indiana
WR: Dorien Bryant , Sr. , Purdue
TE: Travis Beckum , Jr. , Wisconsin
C: Marcus Coleman , Sr. , Wisconsin
OG: Kraig Urbik , Jr. , Wisconsin
OG: Jordan Grimes , Sr. , Purdue
OT: Jake Long , Sr. , Michigan
OT: Dace Richardson , Jr. , Iowa

DE: Matt Shaughnessy , Jr. , Wisconsin
DE: Kenny Iwebema , Sr. , Iowa
DT: Nick Hayden , Sr. , Wisconsin
DT: Terrance Taylor , Jr. , Michigan
LB: Dan Conner , Sr. , Penn State
LB: J Leman , Sr. , Illinois
LB: James Laurinaitis , Jr. , Ohio State
CB: Jack Ikegwuonu , Jr. , Wisconsin
CB: Justin King , Jr. , Penn State
FS: Dominique Barber , FS , Minnesota
SS: JaMario O'Neal , Jr. , Ohio State

K: Taylor Melhaff , Sr. Wisconsin
P: Ken DeBauche , Sr. Wisconsin
KR: Marcus Thigpen , Jr. Indiana
PR: Derrick Williams , Jr. Penn State

Predicted Standing:
Wisconsin: (12-0) (8-0)
Michigan: (11-1) (7-1)
Ohio State: (10-2) (6-2)
Penn State: (8-4) (4-4)
Iowa: (8-4) (4-4)
Purdue: (7-5) (4-4)
Illinois: (7-5) (3-5)
Indiana: (6-6) (2-6)
Northwestern: (6-6) (2-6)
Michigan State: (3-9) (2-6)
Minnesota: (5-7) (1-7)

Wisconsin has the most starters returning this year and they have handled business in the horse shoe 3 of the last 4 times they have been their. The Wisconsin vs. Michigan game will be the key game. I know I have some bias but I dont see how Michigan can be so dominant again with only 4 RETURNING STARTERS on defense.

Last edited by CARDIAC CAT 7 : 07-10-2007 at 04:53 PM.
CARDIAC CAT 7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 08:54 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDIAC CAT 7 View Post
QB: Chad Henne, Sr., Michigan
RB: P.J. Hill , So. , Wisconsin
RB: Mike Hart, Sr. , Michigan
WR: Mario Manningham , Jr. , Michigan
WR: James Hardy , Jr. , Indiana
WR: Dorien Bryant , Sr. , Purdue
TE: Travis Beckum , Jr. , Wisconsin
C: Marcus Coleman , Sr. , Wisconsin
OG: Kraig Urbik , Jr. , Wisconsin
OG: Jordan Grimes , Sr. , Purdue
OT: Jake Long , Sr. , Michigan
OT: Dace Richardson , Jr. , Iowa

DE: Matt Shaughnessy , Jr. , Wisconsin
DE: Kenny Iwebema , Sr. , Iowa
DT: Nick Hayden , Sr. , Wisconsin
DT: Terrance Taylor , Jr. , Michigan
LB: Dan Conner , Sr. , Penn State
LB: J Leman , Sr. , Illinois
LB: James Laurinaitis , Jr. , Ohio State
CB: Jack Ikegwuonu , Jr. , Wisconsin
CB: Justin King , Jr. , Penn State
FS: Dominique Barber , FS , Minnesota
SS: JaMario O'Neal , Jr. , Ohio State

K: Taylor Melhaff , Sr. Wisconsin
P: Ken DeBauche , Sr. Wisconsin
KR: Marcus Thigpen , Jr. Indiana
PR: Derrick Williams , Jr. Penn State

Predicted Standing:
Wisconsin: (12-0) (8-0)
Michigan: (11-1) (7-1)
Ohio State: (10-2) (6-2)
Penn State: (8-4) (4-4)
Iowa: (8-4) (4-4)
Purdue: (7-5) (4-4)
Illinois: (7-5) (3-5)
Indiana: (6-6) (2-6)
Northwestern: (6-6) (2-6)
Michigan State: (3-9) (2-6)
Minnesota: (5-7) (1-7)

Wisconsin has the most starters returning this year and they have handled business in the horse shoe 3 of the last 4 times they have been their. The Wisconsin vs. Michigan game will be the key game. I know I have some bias but I dont see how Michigan can be so dominant again with only 4 RETURNING STARTERS on defense.
By returning some of the best in the country at QB, RB, WR (X2), LT, LG, LB. They also have Donovan Warren who will play a lot as a freshman who looks like a shutdown corner. Either way, Wisconsin vs. Michigan will be unreal.
Old 07-11-2007, 09:02 AM    (permalink
cardsalltheway
Veteran

cardsalltheway is a cocksman.cardsalltheway is a cocksman.cardsalltheway is a cocksman.

9 bowl eligible teams? I can't say I see that happening

Designs by D-Unit

ILEMTPKC - I Love Eli Manning <The Patriots Killer> Club
cardsalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 09:25 AM    (permalink
FloridaFootball
Veteran

FloridaFootball hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.FloridaFootball hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

In my opinion Chad Henne is over-rated, haven't really seen him do anything special.
Old 07-11-2007, 11:20 AM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

Wow the preseason mags really underrate Beanie Wells. Where do they think Antonio Pittman's 1275 yds. and 14 TDs are gonna go? Wells is more talented than Pittman was and will get more carries. It's gonna be scary for Big Ten teams to try and stop him week in/week out.

Also I would be very suprised if Boone and Barton weren't both either first team Big10 or one 1st and one 2nd team.
Old 07-11-2007, 11:23 AM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDIAC CAT 7 View Post
Wisconsin has the most starters returning this year and they have handled business in the horse shoe 3 of the last 4 times they have been their.
True, but I'm pretty sure it was Alvarez coaching those teams not Bret Bielema. Also. those 3 Ohio State teams that Wisky beat on the road weren't as talented as the 2007 Buckeyes.
Old 07-11-2007, 11:23 AM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So who's replacing Stocco?

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 11:26 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This Badgers team is something special. I know you're going to think that I'm being a homer, but this is a team that beat a very good Arkansas team at the end of last season and they're returning 18 starters. Their defense will be swarming and tough to score on, and the offense has two big time weapons in PJ Hill and Travis Beckum. Michigan has a great offense but they have lost way too much on defense to give it a big time run b/c they're going to have some slip ups early in the year.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 11:27 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko4 View Post
So who's replacing Stocco?
Tyler Donavan most likely, but Evanridge has a shot

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 11:31 AM    (permalink
BrownsTown
All-Pro

BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
This Badgers team is something special. I know you're going to think that I'm being a homer, but this is a team that beat a very good Arkansas team at the end of last season and they're returning 18 starters. Their defense will be swarming and tough to score on, and the offense has two big time weapons in PJ Hill and Travis Beckum. Michigan has a great offense but they have lost way too much on defense to give it a big time run b/c they're going to have some slip ups early in the year.
Badgers are gonna be good. I'm an OSU fan and I still think they'll be good. I don't like 'em though.
BrownsTown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 02:33 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

Yes, Wisconsin is definitely gonna be good this year. It should be a 3 horse race between the Buckeyes, Wolvies, and Badgers. Interesting that they all 3 play each other this year, every one of those games should be classic Big Ten pound the ball up the middle with the run matches. Mike Hart, Chris Wells, and PJ Hill are all the centerpieces of their respective offenses.
Old 07-11-2007, 02:55 PM    (permalink
Newbs24
Rookie

Newbs24 is a cocksman.Newbs24 is a cocksman.Newbs24 is a cocksman.Newbs24 is a cocksman.

Michigans season will rely on health and run defense.
The Big 10 is LOADED at RB and the QBs seem weak. I like the depth on the DLine and it will enable us to rotate a lot of fresh big uglies in their. The LBs and CBs are suspect as of now but Szabo did wonders with them last year and Bedford should help out the secondary tremendously. I think the D will be fast and aggresive. Taking alot of chances and letting their DLine control the game.

The offense will be scary if everybody stays healthy. I have heard great things about Arrington and if DeBored decides to open up the offense. He needs to let Henne do some things with the weapons he has. Hart is gonna get his carries, I just hope that Henne can get close to the 400 attempts this year that I feel could vault him to New York City.

All thtough games are at home except for Wisconsin. No clue on who their QB will be but he better be decent to compliment Hill. I like Hill and their OLine is always good. I think it is gonna be a very good game.

Ohio State is always the toughest game for Michigan. Gotta hope that their QB play is poor but I think Tressell will do just find handing the rock to Beanie 30+ times per game. Tressell loves a dominant RB ad he has one.

Penn State is in a drought against us but they return alot of talent. Lee and Connor are gonna be very solid at LBer. King should open alot of eyes at CB. I am not sold on Morelli at all. I think Scott has to prove that he can stay healthy before I see him doing big things like Lions fans would like to think he is gonna do.

Big Ten is gonna be a dog fight this year. Purdues offense is gonna be back to its old self. Illinois should be fun to watch grow with their youth. I also really want to see Christensen at Iowa. I think he could be a surprise and help Iowa and their weak schedule jump into the mix. If AY gets the rock alot they are gonna do some things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermario86 View Post
Stanton will be a pro bowler his 5th year book it.
Newbs24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 05:23 PM    (permalink
CARDIAC CAT 7
Rookie

CARDIAC CAT 7 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaFootball View Post
In my opinion Chad Henne is over-rated, haven't really seen him do anything special.
He isnt that good, the problem is there is no other QB is consistently dominant in the BIG 10, yet... The closest one is Anthony Morelli and he couldn't even average a TD a game with one of the best recieving units in the nation. Just wait til the star studed Sophmore class of the Big Ten matures.

Jake Christenson, Iowa, Sophmore
Juice Williams , Illinois , Sophmore
Kellen Lewis , Indiana , Sophmore
Old 07-11-2007, 07:30 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I see it ending up something like this

1. Michigan
2. Wisconsin
3. Ohio State
4. Iowa (easy schedule)
5. Penn State
6. Purdue
7. Northwestern
8. Minnesota
9. Illinois
10. Indiana
11. Michigan State