Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Atlanta Falcons Team Forum

Atlanta Falcons Team Forum Discuss the Falcons

Old 07-07-2007, 12:11 PM    (permalink
SAGA45
Rookie

SAGA45 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SAGA45 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SAGA45 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SAGA45 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SAGA45 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SAGA45 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SAGA45 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SAGA45 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SAGA45 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SAGA45 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SAGA45 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Smile Laurent Robinson -- Highlight Film (5:54)

Laurent Robinson Highlights (right click and save)

length: 5:54
format: .wmv

Enjoy
SAGA45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 01:38 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sweet man, thanks.
Old 07-07-2007, 03:33 PM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Just about to watch it, I'm excited, wonder if its the same one on Youtube...
iloxygenil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 05:27 PM    (permalink
SAGA45
Rookie

SAGA45 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SAGA45 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SAGA45 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SAGA45 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SAGA45 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SAGA45 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SAGA45 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SAGA45 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SAGA45 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SAGA45 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SAGA45 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloxygenil View Post
Just about to watch it, I'm excited, wonder if its the same one on Youtube...
I guarantee you it's not on youtube or any other web video site for that matter.
SAGA45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 05:36 PM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Cool video, I enjoyed it. I only have one problem with it...stupid kid doesn't look very fast out there...even though his timed speed is unreal...doesn't seem to translate like Norwood's does...
Old 07-07-2007, 05:44 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Looks like a very natural WR. Looks unreal at the deep route and on the fade.

Seperation is unimpressive, though.
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 06:34 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Cool video, I enjoyed it. I only have one problem with it...stupid kid doesn't look very fast out there...even though his timed speed is unreal...doesn't seem to translate like Norwood's does...

I agree. It looks like he has very good ball awarness skills, and as Bama said, the fade and deep look great.
Old 07-08-2007, 03:25 AM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

correct me if i'm wrong but he seems like a rawer boldin.
thefalconer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 10:01 AM    (permalink
Draft King
All-Pro

Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Maybe, Boldin is still just such a beast at breaking tackles, I don't think there is another reciever right now that compares to him. As everyone else said, Robinson looks almost slow in this clip, hopefully he can translate his track speed to game speed, as he has all the tools.
Draft King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 11:12 AM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

I don't see Boldin in him. Boldin is REALLY thick and is a lot like Jerry Rice, not great timed speed but no one is going to catch him. Robinson on the field doesn't seem to be a burner, those pads really slow him down at this point, but maybe we have a trainer who can get his pads set right where it doesn't bother him. I hope that he pans out cause we reached real far for this kid, but I'm on the bandwagon at this point. For the first time in a long time we have offensive coaches who know what they want, and a WR coach who wasn't an OFFENSIVE linemen...that still pisses me off that he was our coach.
Old 07-08-2007, 11:49 AM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldn't say we reached REAL far for him. I just think people underrated a lot of WRs stock. Ie Laurent Robinson, Jacoby Jones, Mike Walker, Paul Williams, Yamon Figurs, and James Jones. There was a huge WR run in round 3, and nearly all of them were considered reaches.

Personally, I like Mike Walker better than the rest of that group (6'2/ 210/ 4.35/ 2,000+ yards and 16 TD final 2 college years), but you can't say its the worst possible scenario.
Old 07-08-2007, 01:22 PM    (permalink
HoopsDemon12
Pro Bowler

HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.

Ya wow he didnt look fast to me at all in there... the DB's seem to catch up to him with ease... but he look extremly natural cacthing the ball... and ya i would say a jerry rice physical speciman comparision is pretty good... definatly dont see any boldin in him though... boldin breaks more tackles than most of the cards runningbacks

Sig By Diehardvikingfan
HoopsDemon12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 02:26 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i think robinson will be a steal and a good reciever for you guys.gives vick another pair of hands..hopefully he can catch unlike white
Old 07-08-2007, 03:39 PM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

Our problem in Atlanta has been that we haven't gotten a real WR in quite some time, so it's pretty frustrating. I think Robinson could be good because of his ability to adjust, but I guess everyone just wants that big play threat and I don't see it in any of our WRs except White, but he botches the catch whenever he makes a nice play.
Old 07-08-2007, 03:40 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Our problem in Atlanta has been that we haven't gotten a real WR in quite some time, so it's pretty frustrating. I think Robinson could be good because of his ability to adjust, but I guess everyone just wants that big play threat and I don't see it in any of our WRs except White, but he botches the catch whenever he makes a nice play.
i think jenkins is that big play threat..decent speed,good size,and nice hands
Old 07-08-2007, 08:03 PM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

I really like Jenkins, he's my favorite of all of them, but man, he's just not been going back and fighting for the ball, maybe it's coaching maybe not, but it has to change.
Old 07-08-2007, 08:05 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Quote:
I really like Jenkins, he's my favorite of all of them, but man, he's just not been going back and fighting for the ball, maybe it's coaching maybe not, but it has to change.
so pretty much your calling jenkins a soft 6'4 220ish
Old 07-08-2007, 08:14 PM    (permalink
HoopsDemon12
Pro Bowler

HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HinesWardJr View Post
so pretty much your calling jenkins a soft 6'4 220ish
yup i think that was it... face it though atlanta has had about as much sucess drafting wide outs as detiot lately... i think as long as this guy can hold on to the ball you will do good... i mean vick needs someon to go up and grab the ball out of the air like Fitzy did for him in the pro bowl

Sig By Diehardvikingfan
HoopsDemon12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 08:30 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

Roddy- Big play threat, big drop threat
Jenkins- TD guy, drop guy
Horn- Experienced guy, hurt guy
Finneran- Good hands guy, hurt guy, slow guy
Robinson- Physical speciman, good hands, top 10 in all combine drills, looks to play slow (but Petrino says he is a great deep threat...)
Jennings- Fast, athletic, small
Marshall- Super fast, small
Fred Gibson- Big, athletic, 'soft'?
Old 07-08-2007, 08:32 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

yall should spent your first pick on sweed next year
Old 07-08-2007, 08:46 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Quote:
yall should spent your first pick on sweed next year

I would like that alot. Personally, I think we would go in a different route than another 1st round WR though.
Old 07-08-2007, 08:51 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
I would like that alot. Personally, I think we would go in a different route than another 1st round WR though.
ya i could too, but wr is really a need. i mean other then jenkins who do yall got.white has underachived,horn is old,robinson is an unproven rookie.

i think you guys could use a mlb to learn under brooking since he is gonna retire soon imo.maybe like goff(sp) or brinkley
Old 07-08-2007, 08:59 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Quote:
ya i could too, but wr is really a need. i mean other then jenkins who do yall got.white has underachived,horn is old,robinson is an unproven rookie.

i think you guys could use a mlb to learn under brooking since he is gonna retire soon imo.maybe like goff(sp) or brinkley

I think Brooking still has a few solid years left, we might target a 2nd round MLB next year, or something like that. WR is definately a need though, unless this core steps up. And IMO it's now or never. The have a few WR geniuses on the staff now.
Old 07-08-2007, 09:02 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
I think Brooking still has a few solid years left, we might target a 2nd round MLB next year, or something like that. WR is definately a need though, unless this core steps up. And IMO it's now or never. The have a few WR geniuses on the staff now.
i dont think the core will step up though..i only think jenkins will..but i also relized that you guys could use another passrushing end like derrick harvy
Old 07-08-2007, 09:06 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Quote:
i dont think the core will step up though..i only think jenkins will..but i also relized that you guys could use another passrushing end like derrick harvy

I think we will do fine. Like I said, our staff is great with WR's. I have a hard time believing they can't get 2 former first round picks to live up to their potential.