Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Atlanta Falcons Team Forum

Atlanta Falcons Team Forum Discuss the Falcons

Old 07-09-2007, 09:34 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You know who I really want next year? DeSean Jackson. I dont know why. Maybe cause he goes to Berkley and I live in the Bay Area, but DAMN. That kid is a playmaker. I wasnt even interested in Tedd Ginn, but Jackson can run routes and is amazing after the catch. He is such a stud.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 09:45 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
You know who I really want next year? DeSean Jackson. I dont know why. Maybe cause he goes to Berkley and I live in the Bay Area, but DAMN. That kid is a playmaker. I wasnt even interested in Tedd Ginn, but Jackson can run routes and is amazing after the catch. He is such a stud.
you have one of those in roddy white
Old 07-09-2007, 09:52 PM    (permalink
art vandelay
Team Leader
All-Pro

art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Laurent was one of my favorite WR's leading up to the draft. He is a natural WR who will need to make his niche running crisp routes since he doesn't really have much "explosion"to his game. Great hands, body control and awareness. I wish him the best.
art vandelay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 10:36 PM    (permalink
fryman
Rookie

fryman hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

pretty much as advertised. I compared him more to Fitzgerald before the draft than Boldin. He doesn't have the size of Fitz, but his play was very similar in college. It often seemed like he would lure the defender to sleep on him early in his route, then he would explode on them, he is very quick out of cuts. He won't be able to get away with that against the corners in the NFL as much, so I would expect him to adapt and play full speed in the NFL. Some of the best hands and route running in the draft. Also he is very football smart and very hard working. All his coaches and teammates say that he was always studying game film. Does have durability concerns and needs to hold the ball in better position sometimes. Didn't fumble much in college, but many experts were concerned that he didn't alway cover the points. Then there is the obvious knock of he didn't always play against elite competition.

Part of me thinks he will perform right off the bat, and part of me thinks he will take a little bit to adjust in the NFL. It could go either way, depends on if he tries to keep his same college route techniques or adjust right away.

Do keep in mind though, that all the clips in there are from this year, so the Kansas St. game is the only one he didn't have an injured ankle.
fryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 06:43 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah wish they had the Iowa State game. He ripped them up.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 07:28 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

if nothing else, he makes a great jump ball threat in the red zone.
thefalconer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 07:57 PM    (permalink
fryman
Rookie

fryman hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears10 View Post
Yeah wish they had the Iowa State game. He ripped them up.
hell I would like to see a video of any of his junior year. He was amazing to watch that year, and he didn't have to limp off the field every couple plays.
fryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 09:29 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fryman View Post
hell I would like to see a video of any of his junior year. He was amazing to watch that year, and he didn't have to limp off the field every couple plays.
Yes, sir we few we band of brothers got to watch this man be unbelievable.

Old 07-12-2007, 10:13 PM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

So, all of this was with his injury huh? That's a little more impressive then, I was curious about that, but I bet it'd be nearly impossible to find some of him from his Junior year. He looked 100x faster on the few clips we were able to see thanks to Atlanta Falcons.com during the Mini Camps and whatnot, he was blazing fast...it's encouraging that he can play through an injured ankle unlike some of our players ***COUGH***RODDY***COUGH***COUGH*** anyway...yeah, I like that he was still effective even at 90 or 95% whatever he was. I think that may be the difference in pulling away for that top end speed, or maybe he just doesn't have top flight top end speed...I don't know, I can't wait to find out!
iloxygenil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 03:55 PM    (permalink
SAGA45
Rookie

SAGA45 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SAGA45 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SAGA45 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SAGA45 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SAGA45 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SAGA45 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SAGA45 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SAGA45 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SAGA45 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SAGA45 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SAGA45 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Guys, if you're interested, I interviewed Laurent and several other prospects prior to the draft. Here's a link:

Four to Root For
SAGA45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 05:14 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloxygenil View Post
So, all of this was with his injury huh? That's a little more impressive then, I was curious about that, but I bet it'd be nearly impossible to find some of him from his Junior year. He looked 100x faster on the few clips we were able to see thanks to Atlanta Falcons.com during the Mini Camps and whatnot, he was blazing fast...it's encouraging that he can play through an injured ankle unlike some of our players ***COUGH***RODDY***COUGH***COUGH*** anyway...yeah, I like that he was still effective even at 90 or 95% whatever he was. I think that may be the difference in pulling away for that top end speed, or maybe he just doesn't have top flight top end speed...I don't know, I can't wait to find out!
I believe my friend who is a Student Athletic Trainer for the team said he was playing at about 80-87%. His ankle would just not stop swelling.

Old 07-13-2007, 07:23 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

"I think my versatility is a plus as I can play more than one position."

???
BamaFalcon59 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 08:41 PM    (permalink
SAGA45
Rookie

SAGA45 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SAGA45 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SAGA45 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SAGA45 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SAGA45 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SAGA45 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SAGA45 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SAGA45 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SAGA45 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SAGA45 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SAGA45 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
"I think my versatility is a plus as I can play more than one position."

???
flanker, split end, and slot (in a 3-wr set)
SAGA45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 09:59 PM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Oh, okay...I thought maybe he used to play QB or something...or DB...
Old 07-14-2007, 11:35 AM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAGA45 View Post
flanker, split end, and slot (in a 3-wr set)
I'd say he will be playing flanker for us more than anything. Jenkins is our best player at SE and in the slot. Crumpler can line up there as well.
Old 07-14-2007, 03:04 PM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

I would really like to see Jenkins go more on those fades in the endzone, those loft passes are just $$$ to him, I know we miss Finn for that, but I think that Jenks has to step up into that role and I think he's more than capable of that. That one handed grab last year let me know he's ready, he may never be a true #1 but he will be a very productive guy and I could see him putting up some good TD numbers, upwards of 12-15 once this offense locks in. I think Horn this year is good for 7 or 8 and 800+ yards, with Jenkins at 10 TDs and 700 yards, with Roddy pulling down 500+ yards and 2 TDs, and Robinson throwing in 300+ yards and a TD.

Then toss in Crumpler's 750 and 6 and you've got a great year for Vick...and our offense. I wouldn't doubt it if we see 500+ yards our of our backs out of the backfield as well and 3 TDs...

I'm excited...I can't wait to see it start!
Old 07-14-2007, 03:56 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

Optomistic, eh?
Old 07-14-2007, 08:41 PM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

I didn't give anyone 1000 yards...I didn't think it was too optimistic...those are pretty much what my expectations are, I have high expectations and if Vick can't showed a marked improvement this year, I'll be pulling for us to take a QB very early...and that makes me sad...

I don't think 3500 is too much to expect from him...I know 500 out of the backfield is kinda high, but I expect Norwood to be put out in the flanks sometimes as well...and it seems like Vick isn't going to be running as much...if he does, obviously these numbers drop, but I don't think it's too much to ask from anyone of those guys, given everyone stays healthy.

Last edited by iloxygenil : 07-14-2007 at 08:43 PM.
Old 07-14-2007, 09:44 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

I was more reffering to Jenkin's TD numbers.

I see...

Joe Horn- 64/ 832/ 6
Michael Jenkins- 56/ 672/ 8
Roddy White- 40/ 580/ 3
Laurent Robinson- 32/ 416/ 3
Alge Crumpler- 48/ 624/ 5
Jerious Norwood- 32/ 256/ 3
Ovie Mughelli- 24/ 144/ 0
Warrick Dunn- 32/ 224/ 0
The rest- 16/ 240/ 0

Of course, the totals won't be that high due to injury, but if each were healthy 16 games I would say that is realistic. I don't expect Michael to have near 4,000 yards passing (which this has him doing), but I think these are realistic expectations for each recieving numbers in a 16 game season.

Michael Vick
260/ 430
%60.00
7.00 ypa
26 TD
14 INT

7.5 ypc

I would say that is semi-realistic, if a bit homeristic.
Old 07-15-2007, 08:54 AM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

Jenkins is going to get all the redzone looks, that's why his TDs will be higher than anyone else's imo. He's going to get that fade, and deep corner route down there, so I expect more from him. This is his fourth year and he was solid last year, but I expect a marked improvement out of him with a new coaching staff who actually know what they are talking about.
Old 07-16-2007, 10:42 AM    (permalink
Man_Of_Steel
Pro Bowler

Man_Of_Steel hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Robinson is a solid wr but his lack of explosion and presence will prevent him from being a servicve in this league. If he can pack on afew pounds and get stronger which I expect he will he has a good shot of being in the NFL awhile.
Man_Of_Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 11:17 AM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man_Of_Steel View Post
Robinson is a solid wr but his lack of explosion and presence will prevent him from being a servicve in this league. If he can pack on afew pounds and get stronger which I expect he will he has a good shot of being in the NFL awhile.
His junior year he was plenty explosive. He was also the only player top 10 in every combine drill.