Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 07-08-2007, 01:30 PM    (permalink
elway777
All-Pro

elway777 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.elway777 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acreboy View Post
LSU

11-1 SEC Champs

NC contenders
1 loss = USC
elway777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 01:30 PM    (permalink
Acreboy
Pro Bowler

Acreboy hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Acreboy hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elway777 View Post
1 loss = USC
I don't think so.
Acreboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 01:32 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tampa 2 4 life View Post
That's a horrible analogy, I remember at least 40% picked UF.

Also, Syracuse may very well be in the bottom 3 of the big east, and UNC is not quite their yet.
whose your team
Old 07-08-2007, 01:33 PM    (permalink
elway777
All-Pro

elway777 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.elway777 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
I don't think so.

Well you said national championship contenders which would mean LSU would be playing USC. And it's a close matchup, but SC has the advantage.
Old 07-08-2007, 01:33 PM    (permalink
Tampa 2 4 life
All-Pro

Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

USF.

It's on the first page of the thread...
Old 07-08-2007, 01:35 PM    (permalink
Acreboy
Pro Bowler

Acreboy hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Acreboy hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Well you said national championship contenders which would mean LSU would be playing USC. And it's a close matchup, but SC has the advantage.
Please tell me how?
Old 07-08-2007, 01:40 PM    (permalink
elway777
All-Pro

Quote:
Please tell me how?

We have a proven QB behind center.And no, one game doesn't make Matt Flynn a good QB. He's still needs to prove how he can do against SEC defenses in a 8-10 game schedule. Plus that was one of the worst Miami teams of the decade. The loss of Jimbo Fisher will also hurt LSU a bit considering how well he worked with QB's. Besides those 2 points both teams are pretty well matched. You can make a point for whose Defense and Offense may be better though. It's real close.
Old 07-08-2007, 01:50 PM    (permalink
Acreboy
Pro Bowler

Quote:
We have a proven QB behind center.And no, one game doesn't make Matt Flynn a good QB. He's still needs to prove how he can do against SEC defenses in a 8-10 game schedule. Plus that was one of the worst Miami teams of the decade. The loss of Jimbo Fisher will also hurt LSU a bit considering how well he worked with QB's. Besides those 2 points both teams are pretty well matched. You can make a point for whose Defense and Offense may be better though. It's real close.
We upgraded the OC position. Jimbo got a tight ass in big games. See Auburn 04. Flynn challenged Jr for the starting spot in camp last year so if he can play at the level of the #1 overall draft pick I think he can play with the SEC. Oh and that Miami team was a pretty good team. Last year was the worst team of the decade...
Old 07-08-2007, 01:58 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Miami Hurricanes
9-3

easier schedule

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 02:03 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
We upgraded the OC position. Jimbo got a tight ass in big games. See Auburn 04. Flynn challenged Jr for the starting spot in camp last year so if he can play at the level of the #1 overall draft pick I think he can play with the SEC. Oh and that Miami team was a pretty good team. Last year was the worst team of the decade...
matt flynn is good, yes. but I highly doubt that he seriously challenged the 2-year returning, all-american candidate starting QB for the job...he might have just done really well in camp and they said he "challenged" him but realistically never had a shot of usurping JR...but thats just what I would think as an outsider...
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 04:38 PM    (permalink
Zyro_1014
Pro Bowler

Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
LSU doesnt have the offense to score enough points on a defense like USC is goign to have. USC has 3 potential 1st round picks for linebackers and 2 1st rounders on the D LINE along with a couple of other studs. USC's offense is good enough to score at least 28 on anyone in the country.
Zyro_1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 05:29 PM    (permalink
Sveen
Pro Bowler

Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Texas Longhorns: 11-1

Signature made by me

Sveen's 2014 NFL Draft Spreadsheet
Sveen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 11:21 PM    (permalink
TigerBait45
Veteran

TigerBait45 is a cocksman.TigerBait45 is a cocksman.TigerBait45 is a cocksman.

LSU's offense will be..solid. Thats not whats going to win them games though. They should have one of the 2 or 3 best defenses in the country.

The only player of consequence (i.e. someone not easily replaced) they lost on D is LaRon Landry. Everyone else comes back.
TigerBait45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 11:45 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reigle9 View Post
12-0
Wisconsin doesn't match up well with us.
OSU loses way too much on O to score on us.
&$^* Michigan.
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha 12-0 with Morelli at QB? Come on, let's not get carried away. Looks like you don't like Michigan. Is it because you can't beat them? ;)

Vs. Appalachian State: Win
Vs. Oregon: Win May be one of the most entertaining games of the year.
Vs. Notre Dame: Win.
Vs. Penn State: Win. Close game, I think Michigan's firepower wins them a close game
@ Northwestern: Win
Vs. Eastern Michigan: Our directional Michigan win of the year
Vs. Purdue: Purdue could make it rain on our secondary, but then again, Manningham can do the same to them. Win
@ Illinois: Close game but we beat an up and coming team.
Vs. Minnesota: Win
@ Michigan State: Come on, it's Sparty. Win
@ Wisconsin: This team is damn good, and I am concerned that their QB may have progressed nicely up to this game. You know the Badgers will be ready for this one. Toss-up
Vs. Ohio State: I like to think if we got a shot vs. the Buckeyes, this is the year. Then again, the numbers 1-5 pop up. Toss-Up

So I say anywhere between 10-2 and 12-0. If Morgan Trent and Johnny Sears remember they're supposed to stop receivers from catching the ball and we get Warren in there early, our biggest weakness could turn to be not so bad.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 11:49 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billingsley26 View Post
tPSU

FIU- Win
Notre Dame- Win
Buffalo- Win
Michigan- Win
Illinois- Win
Iowa- Win
Wisconsin- Win- could go either way. Toughest game IOd say!
Indiana- Win
Ohio State- Win
Purdue- Win
Temple- Win
Michigan State- Win

All in all, Alot returning, great team, easy schedule. Very easily a 12-0 team, possibly a 11-1 team. National Championship?? I think so.
Easy schedule? Some are, yes. But you do play Michigan on the road where you haven't won in 3,498 years. I don't think I'm being a homer when I'm saying it's gonna be a tough game for you.

As far as LSU goes, like someone said, the offense will be solid but unspectacular. Doucet will get his catches, Flynn will most likely be very good etc..Who's the starting RB by the way? I haven't looked lately. Vincent? And that defense, damn. Just wow. I'm so pumped for the Va Tech/LSU game.
Old 07-08-2007, 11:49 PM    (permalink
Primetime21
Veteran

Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Weber State W
at Washington W
Wyoming W
Southern Miss. W (Kinda worried about them)
New Mexico St. W
Nevada W
at Louisiana Tech W
at Fresno State W
San Jose St. W (Close)
at Utah State W
Idaho W
at Hawaii W (Lost to much starters from last year, but we do play in Hawaii)

12-0, Still not ready for NC. Wont be shocked if we go 9-3 if Hamdan does poor this season.
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
players intsimy latieres are sutpdi. the players areat all unituw/ o dpmt ebem aer about wat the lpater aare calling themeslves of whatever, terhera will Its sutpid/ neever be anothe said playerm. rscj p;syhyrt uniyeee, snf rhyrtrgotr, each player autntiwue for each syste,. /
Alcohol+Draft Forum= Fneuniest timez evverzzz
Primetime21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 11:56 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Michigan: 11-1 going into the Bowl game.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 12:03 AM    (permalink
TomatoVSC
Rookie

TomatoVSC hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

VA Tech

East Carolina -W
LSU -L
Ohio -W
William & Mary -W
North Carolina -W
Clemson -W
Duke -W
Boston College - W
Georgia Tech - W
Florida State -W
Miami -W
Virginia -W
ACC champs, possible NC contender.

11-1

VT student, Buccaneer fanatic
TomatoVSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 12:09 AM    (permalink
TigerBait45
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post

As far as LSU goes, like someone said, the offense will be solid but unspectacular. Doucet will get his catches, Flynn will most likely be very good etc..Who's the starting RB by the way? I haven't looked lately. Vincent? And that defense, damn. Just wow. I'm so pumped for the Va Tech/LSU game.
Vincent graduated. I'm not sure who the starting running back will be, but I"m assuming Miles will use a stable of them. If I had to pick one I'd say Keiland Williams with Richard Murphy, Charles Scott, Alley Broussard, Trindon Holliday and Jacob Hester all getting carries.

I think the offense depends mostly on whether or not Brandon LaFell plays well ast the second receiver.
Old 07-09-2007, 12:19 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerBait45 View Post
Vincent graduated. I'm not sure who the starting running back will be, but I"m assuming Miles will use a stable of them. If I had to pick one I'd say Keiland Williams with Richard Murphy, Charles Scott, Alley Broussard, Trindon Holliday and Jacob Hester all getting carries.

I think the offense depends mostly on whether or not Brandon LaFell plays well ast the second receiver.
Won't Holliday be used more as a Percy Harvin-type weapon? By that I mean be more involved with a few carries, maybe some screens etc....? How many carries do you expect from him?
Old 07-09-2007, 12:27 AM    (permalink
TigerBait45
Veteran

Eh, they usually line him up in the backfield and throw him a sweep two or three times a game.

He gets used all over the field though, you're right. Screens, bubble screens..hes so explosive they try to get him touches on every drive.
Old 07-09-2007, 12:33 AM    (permalink
Green Bay Scat
Pro Bowler

Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.

yea vandy will go 14-0 and be National Champs.....i can dream cant i?
Green Bay Scat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 12:34 AM    (permalink
simms2clayton

Kentucky Wildcats...you will have to see in my updated SEC Power Rankings tomorrow (which means they are coming in at either 7 or 6).
Old 07-09-2007, 12:35 AM    (permalink
Acreboy
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zyro_1014 View Post
LSU doesnt have the offense to score enough points on a defense like USC is goign to have. USC has 3 potential 1st round picks for linebackers and 2 1st rounders on the D LINE along with a couple of other studs. USC's offense is good enough to score at least 28 on anyone in the country.
Seriously who else would know LSU's offense than their own fans? LSU can hang with USC.
Old 07-09-2007, 12:42 AM    (permalink
Jericho@SC
Rookie

Jericho@SC is a cocksman.Jericho@SC is a cocksman.Jericho@SC is a cocksman.Jericho@SC is a cocksman.Jericho@SC is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sveen View Post
Texas Longhorns: 11-1
I'm curious, who do Texas fans see the Longhorns losing to? Oklahoma? Or is it a forecasted random letdown against a weaker opponent?

UT has a very easy schedule this year.
Jericho@SC is offline   Reply With Quote