Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 07-09-2007, 12:42 AM    (permalink
Jericho@SC
Rookie

Jericho@SC is a cocksman.Jericho@SC is a cocksman.Jericho@SC is a cocksman.Jericho@SC is a cocksman.Jericho@SC is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elway777 View Post
1 loss = USC
LOL. Elway777 you are by far my favorite poster on this board. Fight On bro.
Jericho@SC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 12:47 AM    (permalink
Jericho@SC
Rookie

Jericho@SC is a cocksman.Jericho@SC is a cocksman.Jericho@SC is a cocksman.Jericho@SC is a cocksman.Jericho@SC is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acreboy View Post
We upgraded the OC position. Jimbo got a tight ass in big games. See Auburn 04. Flynn challenged Jr for the starting spot in camp last year so if he can play at the level of the #1 overall draft pick I think he can play with the SEC. Oh and that Miami team was a pretty good team. Last year was the worst team of the decade...
I'm not sold on Gary Crowton. Sure the Ducks put up big points against weak teams last year, but late in the season they really broke down. I don't think the Spread Offense style that he runs is very well suited for a guy like Matt Flynn.

Jonathan Stewart was stuffed last year vs. USC w/ Crowton at the helm.
Old 07-09-2007, 12:47 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Seriously who else would know LSU's offense than their own fans? LSU can hang with USC.
Come on. USC may be in a class of their own this year. They have so much talent it's not fair. Booty, Turner, Gable, McKnight, Hazelton, Baker good God the list goes on. I like Early Doucet as the #2 wideout in the SEC and I think he's got a lot of skill but I don't see LSU having the offense that SC does. Now, on defense, that's a whole different story.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 12:52 AM    (permalink
Acreboy
Pro Bowler

Acreboy hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Acreboy hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I guess we'll continue to live the underdog life. We'll get the respect one day.
Acreboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 12:53 AM    (permalink
Jericho@SC
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
Come on. USC may be in a class of their own this year. They have so much talent it's not fair. Booty, Turner, Gable, McKnight, Hazelton, Baker good God the list goes on. I like Early Doucet as the #2 wideout in the SEC and I think he's got a lot of skill but I don't see LSU having the offense that SC does. Now, on defense, that's a whole different story.
I'm as big an 'SC fan as it comes, but even I'm not going to admit that they are slam dunk, head and shoulders above everyone else.

-They first have to prove that the O-Line can pave the way towards a dominant run game.

-After that, Booty has to gel w/ the receivers.

-Special teams could be a glaring weakness for the Trojans after losing K Mario Danelo. Coverage teams need to be tighter, the kicking game needs to be decent and someone has to emerge as a punt returning threat (Joe McKnight? ROJO?)

-The Trojans also need to get back to forcing more turnovers and getting more sacks from the front four. Pete Carroll is great at blitzing, but they'd be so much better if they could generate consistent pressure from just the front four.

-Finally the Trojans have to avoid injury.

If these things can happen, I'd be very confident in USC. But as it usually is, a lot of things have to go right for a team to win a Championship.
Old 07-09-2007, 12:54 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I guess we'll continue to live the underdog life. We'll get the respect one day.
What are you talking about? Because I said SC has a better offense? LSU is one of the top 3 most talented teams in the country. They're not going to score points like Texas Tech, but their defense is unreal and I think it will be LSU/USC for the title, though I'd love to see Michigan in there.
Old 07-09-2007, 12:56 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jericho@SC View Post
I'm as big an 'SC fan as it comes, but even I'm not going to admit that they are slam dunk, head and shoulders above everyone else.

-They first have to prove that the O-Line can pave the way towards a dominant run game.

-After that, Booty has to gel w/ the receivers.

-Special teams could be a glaring weakness for the Trojans after losing K Mario Danelo. Coverage teams need to be tighter, the kicking game needs to be decent and someone has to emerge as a punt returning threat (Joe McKnight? ROJO?)

-The Trojans also need to get back to forcing more turnovers and getting more sacks from the front four. Pete Carroll is great at blitzing, but they'd be so much better if they could generate consistent pressure from just the front four.

-Finally the Trojans have to avoid injury.

If these things can happen, I'd be very confident in USC. But as it usually is, a lot of things have to go right for a team to win a Championship.
God I hate seeing the name Rojo. I would have loved him. But hey, we got Warren which was a bigger need. I wouldn't be surprised to see Rojo and McKnight get reps at returns. I don't think you have to worry about the front four this year. Jackson, Ellis, Griffen oh my. I'm sure I missed some studs don't flip out.
Old 07-09-2007, 12:56 AM    (permalink
Acreboy
Pro Bowler

Acreboy hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Acreboy hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
What are you talking about? Because I said SC has a better offense? LSU is one of the top 3 most talented teams in the country. They're not going to score points like Texas Tech, but their defense is unreal and I think it will be LSU/USC for the title, though I'd love to see Michigan in there.
People just find a way to underrate us every year.

Personally, if LSU and Michigan are both 12-1 and USC is 13-0, Michigan will play in the MNC. Just how things are.
Old 07-09-2007, 12:59 AM    (permalink
TigerBait45
Veteran

TigerBait45 is a cocksman.TigerBait45 is a cocksman.TigerBait45 is a cocksman.

actually nevermind I'm tired and don't knwo what I'm saying.
TigerBait45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 01:02 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:

Personally, if LSU and Michigan are both 12-1 and USC is 13-0, Michigan will play in the MNC. Just how things are.
Yeah right. Not after all the SEC yokels start *****ing and moaning "The SEC is better than the NFL" yadda yadda yadda. Especially after last year's NC game.
Old 07-09-2007, 01:08 AM    (permalink
Acreboy
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Yeah right. Not after all the SEC yokels start *****ing and moaning "The SEC is better than the NFL" yadda yadda yadda. Especially after last year's NC game.
LSU got gypped out of the Rose Bowl last year.
Old 07-09-2007, 01:12 AM    (permalink
Jericho@SC
Rookie

Quote:
LSU got gypped out of the Rose Bowl last year.
LSU vs. USC last year would have been very interesting. But tradition is tradition, so Pac-10 vs. Big 10 it had to be.
Old 07-09-2007, 01:12 AM    (permalink
Green Bay Scat
Pro Bowler

Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.

Quote:

my only question is htf USC goes 13-0 when they play 12 games.....are they so good NCAA gave them another win for nothing?
Green Bay Scat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 01:39 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Bay Scat View Post
my only question is htf USC goes 13-0 when they play 12 games.....are they so good NCAA gave them another win for nothing?
Better believe it. They're that good ;) I think the 13 refers to the NC game.

Acreboy, the Rose Bowl has traditionally been Pac-10 vs. Big 10, and the committee jumped at the chance of USC/Michigan. Just tradition, that's all. Plus, you got an extra home game out of the deal and you got to make ND look overrated again. That's always fun;)
Old 07-10-2007, 11:56 AM    (permalink
andyjo672
Veteran

andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wisconsin

10-2
11-1
12-0

It will be one of those three, I'm fairly confident in that. Tyler Donovan or Alan Everidge will be more than a fine replacement for Stocco (maybe even an upgrade). They both have real game experience, Everidge at KSU and Donovan in the final two regular season games.

The three games that should present a problem are Penn State, Michigan, and OSU. Wisco has owned OSU as of late, at home and away, so I believe that should translate into a least one victory in three. The game with Michigan last year was actually extremely close through the third quarter so it should be interesting especially since its at Camp Randal. I just don't see Morelli being able to do anything against the Wisc. defense. So most likely 11-1, BCS at large birth with the guaranteed birth going to Michigan.
andyjo672 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 11:58 AM    (permalink
Acreboy
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Bay Scat View Post
Well the SEC is so tough that we have a conference game. I factored their conference game in too by mistake. They always win their conference out right.

Quote:
Better believe it. They're that good ;) I think the 13 refers to the NC game.

Acreboy, the Rose Bowl has traditionally been Pac-10 vs. Big 10, and the committee jumped at the chance of USC/Michigan. Just tradition, that's all. Plus, you got an extra home game out of the deal and you got to make ND look overrated again. That's always fun;)
This is true, I just believe that LSU/USC would have been a better game. Anyway, yeah, making ND look overrated was fun.
Old 07-10-2007, 12:05 PM    (permalink
DLS42
Veteran

DLS42 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.DLS42 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Cal
Anywhere from 9-3 to 12-0 depending on how well our coners develop. The biggest test will come from SC as usual with tough stops at Oregon and against Tenn.

Classic NFLDC. Vatech!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLS42 View Post
Elway we'll settle this once and for all. Cal SC sig bet. Cal wins you wear a cal sig for 3 weeks. Sc wins. ill wear a I heart pete caroll sig.
DLS42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 10:18 PM    (permalink
BuckNaked
All-NFLDC

BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kentucky: 7-5

They've got a tough schedule.
BuckNaked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 10:29 PM    (permalink
LB51

Linebacker U

Florida Int'l Win
Notre Dame Win
Buffalo Win
at Michigan Loss
at Illinois Win
Iowa Win
Wisconsin Loss
at Indiana Win
Ohio State Win
Purdue Win
at Temple Win
at Michigan State Win
Old 07-10-2007, 10:44 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Maryland Best Case:
Villanova- W
FIU- W
West VA- L
Wake Forest- W
Rutgers- W
G Tech- L
UVA- W
Clemson- W
UNC- W
BC- W
FSU- W
NC State- W

10-2

Worst Case
Villanova- W
FIU- W
West VA- L
Wake Forest- L
Rutgers- L
G Tech- L
UVA- W
Clemson- L
UNC- W
BC- L
FSU- L
NC State- W

5-7

Most Likely
Villanova- W
FIU- W
West VA- L
Wake Forest- L
Rutgers- L
G Tech- L
UVA- W
Clemson- W
UNC- W
BC- W/L
FSU- W/L
NC State- W

6-6 or 8-4

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 11:25 PM    (permalink
elway777
All-Pro

elway777 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.elway777 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

USC=

Best case=12-0
Worst case=10-2
elway777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 11:33 AM    (permalink
BrownsTown
All-Pro

BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As an OSU fan, I feel lucky. Only 2 tough games in Michigan and Wisconsin, which they'll probably lose. Out of the others, I think they could have an upset at a smaller school like Indiana (Who I think will be really good), so I'll say 3 losses for the Bucks.

OSU will NOT lose to Penn State this year.
BrownsTown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 11:50 AM    (permalink
cardsalltheway
Veteran

cardsalltheway is a cocksman.cardsalltheway is a cocksman.cardsalltheway is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownsTown View Post
As an OSU fan, I feel lucky. Only 2 tough games in Michigan and Wisconsin, which they'll probably lose. Out of the others, I think they could have an upset at a smaller school like Indiana (Who I think will be really good), so I'll say 3 losses for the Bucks.

OSU will NOT lose to Penn State this year.
IU doesn't play OSU this year, luckily

Designs by D-Unit

ILEMTPKC - I Love Eli Manning <The Patriots Killer> Club
cardsalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 11:54 AM    (permalink
BrownsTown
All-Pro

BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsalltheway View Post
IU doesn't play OSU this year, luckily
Ok maybe 2 losses then. Wow, another break.
BrownsTown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 03:58 PM    (permalink
TouchdownUSC
Rookie

TouchdownUSC hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

USC - undefeated (crossing my fingers)
TouchdownUSC is offline   Reply With Quote