Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 07-11-2007, 04:01 PM    (permalink
TouchdownUSC
Rookie

TouchdownUSC hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elway777 View Post
1 loss = USC

1 loss to who? Cal?
TouchdownUSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 04:11 PM    (permalink
Acreboy
Pro Bowler

Acreboy hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Acreboy hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TouchdownUSC View Post
1 loss to who? Cal?
He's sasying LSU's 1 loss would be to USC in the NC game
Acreboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 09:05 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownsTown View Post
As an OSU fan, I feel lucky. Only 2 tough games in Michigan and Wisconsin, which they'll probably lose. Out of the others, I think they could have an upset at a smaller school like Indiana (Who I think will be really good), so I'll say 3 losses for the Bucks.

OSU will NOT lose to Penn State this year.
I think that's accurate.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 03:22 AM    (permalink
kwilk103
Pro Bowler

kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

wvu

12-0
kwilk103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 04:48 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwilk103 View Post
wvu

12-0
With that badass schedule I could see it. Louisville may have something to say about that along with Rutgers.
Old 07-12-2007, 07:31 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

BUFFALO (home) W

NAVY (home) W

NORFOLK STATE(homecoming) W

MARYLAND(home) tough game, close, but W

CINCINNATI(home) W, oh my will we get revenge

Syracuse(in 'cus) W

SOUTH FLORIDA(home) W, but im only so confident because it's a home game. Close game, USF is on the rise.

WEST VIRGINIA(home) W, mainly again, because we're home. Last year, we hung with them up til the end. another exciting matchup, but i say we come out on top

Connecticut(in UCONN) W

Army(in West Point) W

PITTSBURGH(home) W

Louisville( in Lou.) L, We will lose one game, either to WVA or Lou. I think this one, because the pressure of going undefeated(hopefully) and the WVA game is at home. I feel Louisville, with a new coach and RB will have 2 losses, but part of me says only 1 because of Brohm. I predict Rutgers and WVA will be tied at 11-1 atop the Big East with Louisville behind with 2 losses. Rutgers has the tiebreaker over WVA with the win and goes to a BCS bowl!!

now, yes, some of this may be homerism, but looking at the schedule, it's not out of the question by any means. the 2 games I'm most afraid of(other than WVA and Lou.) are USF and maybe Cincy, but trust me, the RU faithful and players do not forget last year's awful game at cincy, and the USF game was close last year, but this year its at home
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 11:45 AM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd say 8-4 with some luck, or 7-5/6-6. It all comes down to the UCLA, GT and MSU games.

Georgia Tech Toss-up, but I'm siding with a W
(24) Penn State L
(8) Michigan L
Michigan State W
at Purdue W
at UCLA Toss-up
(20) Boston College Toss-up
(4) USC Awful, awful L
Navy W
Air Force W
Duke W
at Stanford W
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 03:54 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mqtirishfan View Post
I'd say 8-4 with some luck, or 7-5/6-6. It all comes down to the UCLA, GT and MSU games.

Georgia Tech Toss-up, but I'm siding with a W
(24) Penn State L
(8) Michigan L
Michigan State W
at Purdue W
at UCLA Toss-up
(20) Boston College Toss-up
(4) USC Awful, awful L
Navy W
Air Force W
Duke W
at Stanford W
Just wondering something. Are those rankings at the end of this season because I think all those teams will be ranked higher. Is it your ranking or the end of season one?
Old 07-12-2007, 04:51 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
Just wondering something. Are those rankings at the end of this season because I think all those teams will be ranked higher. Is it your ranking or the end of season one?
Just what I got off of Yahoo sports. I believe it's end of season. I honestly have no idea.
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 05:59 PM    (permalink
Geomar
Rookie

Geomar hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Geomar hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default UM

Miami Hurricanes

Marshall= (W)
Oklahoma= (W/L) close game no matter what anybody says.
FIU= (W) i wonder if there will be another brawl it is at the OB again. by this game we will be in the top 25
Tex A&M= (W) but very close game.
Duke= (W) if we dont have a bunch of suspended players it will be a easy win.
North Carolina= (W) easy win like the duke game.
Georgia Tech= (W) not an easy win but were at home we have the advantage this year.
Florida State= (W/L) u wont believe this but i think by the time these two play each other they will be in the top 20-10. i think it will go any way both teams are stacked with talent.
NC State= (W) we will win by 2 TD's
Virginia= (W) last year was big time ******** we will win hands down
VT= (W/L) i have some kind of feeling by this point in the season we would probably show the world that we deserve respect again.
Boston college= (W) we win by a TD or FG.

best case: 12-0 regular season the acc title might give the little edge to play in the NC
worst case: 8-4 regular season bowl game win or loss
in between: 10-2 or 9-3

no will agree with me but FSU and Miami will have their comeback this year.

Go Canes
Geomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 06:03 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

9-3

Sep 1 - Montana State (Win)
Sep 8 - Fresno State (Win)
Sep 15 - Louisiana-Monroe (Win)
Sep 20 - @ Miami (Loss)
Sep 29 - Baylor (Win)
Oct 6 - Oklahoma State (Win)
Oct 13 - @ Texas Tech (L)
Oct 20 - @ Nebraska (L)
Oct 27 - Kansas (Win)
Nov 3 - @ Oklahoma (Win)
Nov 10 - @ Missouri (Win)
Nov 23 - Texas (Win... I only say this because it's in College Station)

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 06:08 PM    (permalink
Badger_Fan

The Wisconsin Badgers, going 11-1 with their only loss to Michigan.
Old 07-12-2007, 08:39 PM    (permalink
San Diego Chicken
Pro Bowler

San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My beloved school is Arizona State. With Dennis Erickson, things are looking up and the team is flying a little under the radar this season for a change, unlike the last two where ASU was ranked in the preseason only to end up with a mediocre season. The schedule is very workable -

09/01 San Jose St 10:00 PM
09/08 Colorado 10:15 PM
09/15 SDSU 10:00 PM
09/22 Oregon St 9:00 PM
09/29 at Stanford 10:00 PM
10/06 at Wash St TBD
10/13 Washington TBD
10/27 California 10:00 PM
11/03 at Oregon 3:30 PM
11/10 at UCLA TBD
11/22 USC 8:00 PM
12/01 Arizona 8:00 PM

The non conference schedule is easy, three home games vs. teams ASU is clearly better than.

In the Pac 10, ASU has USC, California and Oregon State at home, and UCLA and Oregon on the road, with a tricky game at Washington State. I think this schedule is favorable enough to have a 6-3 or 5-4 conference record, which would put ASU at 9-3 or 8-4 overall. It really all depends on how Rudy Carpenter rebounds from his sophomore slump and if any recievers step up. Ryan Torain should help him out (1200+ yard rusher in 06) and ASU's defense is average, not exactly good, but not too bad either.
Old 07-13-2007, 01:01 AM    (permalink
jbeans187
Veteran

jbeans187 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.jbeans187 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I love Miami but Geomar's list is exactly what i would have had, and WVU will be 12 - 0, so i ll do Mizzou, which is my school...

Illinois - close, high scoring game, cant wait to watch this one. W

Ole Miss - close game again, i have a gut feeling we ll lose bc its at Ole Miss. But W

Western Michigan - Win

Illinois State - Win

Nebraska - Another game im looking forward too, this game makes the season. Win and hopefully the Big 12 north

Oklahoma - Loss, i dont think we have a chance

Texas Tech - Should be fun to watch with it getting into the 40's. W

Iowa St. - We got screwed last year, wont happen again. W

Colorado - Close bc its at CU but it shouldnt be too bad. W

Texas A&M - Another game im looking forward to seeing, its at home but so it could go either way but i dont want to set my expectations too high. L

K State - Close game but we should pull it out. W

Kansas - Win, No doubts

As i look at this 11-1 is possible but unlikely bc of our young defense, 10-2 or 9-3, and hopefully the big 12 north.

Leroy Smith - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koGD6XnAsNs
jbeans187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 02:25 AM    (permalink
kwilk103
Pro Bowler

kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
With that badass schedule I could see it. Louisville may have something to say about that along with Rutgers.

ul is at home at night; we dont lose home night games

the rugters game was close, BUT they have never faced pat white; i think rugters comes back down to earth this year
Old 07-13-2007, 05:30 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
ul is at home at night; we dont lose home night games

the rugters game was close, BUT they have never faced pat white; i think rugters comes back down to earth this year
Pat White is highly, highly overrated. But that system works wonders. I wouldn't be surprised to see Brohm from UL throw for 400 yards and 4-5 touchdowns on your secondary. The defense is the only reason I don't see WVU in the national title game.
Old 07-13-2007, 12:44 PM    (permalink
StaticGator
Rookie

StaticGator could make a wolverine purr.StaticGator could make a wolverine purr.StaticGator could make a wolverine purr.StaticGator could make a wolverine purr.StaticGator could make a wolverine purr.StaticGator could make a wolverine purr.StaticGator could make a wolverine purr.StaticGator could make a wolverine purr.

Gators 10-2 or 9-3 before maybe playing in the SEC championship game, depending on how things shake out. They'll be the highest ranked team with however many losses they have.
StaticGator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 01:12 PM    (permalink
cardsalltheway
Veteran

cardsalltheway is a cocksman.cardsalltheway is a cocksman.cardsalltheway is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
BUFFALO (home) W

NAVY (home) W

NORFOLK STATE(homecoming) W
Two homes games and then homecoming?

Designs by D-Unit

ILEMTPKC - I Love Eli Manning <The Patriots Killer> Club
cardsalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 04:06 PM    (permalink
kwilk103
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Pat White is highly, highly overrated. But that system works wonders. I wouldn't be surprised to see Brohm from UL throw for 400 yards and 4-5 touchdowns on your secondary. The defense is the only reason I don't see WVU in the national title game.
pat white isnt overrated; maybe as a prospect, but not as a college player

brohms stats for the game 19/26 354yds 13.6 avg 1 td 0 int

TRENT GUY 40 YD PUNT RETURN--we do a rugby punt and the old punter punted it to the wrong side; the coverage went left and he punted right--last time he saw the field
MALIK JACKSON 13 YD DEFENSIVE FUMBLE RETURN--slatons wrist was messed up; got it fixed, shouldnt be a problem

thats what killed us; not brohm

the defense will be better this year; it cant be worse

Pat White 13/20 222 11.1 ---passing stats
Steve Slaton 18 156 8.7 avg 1 td
Pat White 23 125 5.4 avg 4 td---rushing stats

wvu was w/o slaton for the 3rd quarter, and we didnt have a decent backup; we now have devine

latonul always chokes on the road---usf, wvu, rugters

wvu will go undefeated

Last edited by kwilk103 : 07-13-2007 at 04:23 PM.
Old 07-13-2007, 04:14 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
slaton was w/o slaton for the 3rd quarter
He certainly was

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 07:03 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
All-NFLDC

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsalltheway View Post
Two homes games and then homecoming?
homecoming usually isn't your first home game...in case that's what you're getting at...

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 07:11 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
wvu will go undefeated
if that happens, i will wear a WVU sig
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 10:27 PM    (permalink
Tampa 2 4 life
All-Pro

Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
wvu will go undefeated
Louisville and Rutgers will both copy the same defense USF used to shutdown your running game.

You will lose one of the aforementioned games With USF getting about a 50% shot of beating you again depending on how quick the new starters at OLB are.

WVU - 10-2
Old 07-13-2007, 10:47 PM    (permalink
TigerBait45
Veteran

TigerBait45 is a cocksman.TigerBait45 is a cocksman.TigerBait45 is a cocksman.

WVU isn't going undefeated unless they magically find a defense.
TigerBait45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 11:40 PM    (permalink
jbeans187
Veteran

jbeans187 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.jbeans187 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerBait45 View Post
WVU isn't going undefeated unless they magically find a defense.
I dont think they need one, the ground game is syk

Leroy Smith - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koGD6XnAsNs
jbeans187 is offline   Reply With Quote