Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 07-09-2007, 03:30 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownsTown View Post
1. Peyton Manning
2. Drew Brees
3. Tom Brady
4. Carson Palmer
5. Matt Hasselbeck
6. Philip Rivers
7. Marc Bulger
8. Donovan McNabb
9. Chad Pennington
10. Matt Leinart
Rivers is not better than McNabb and Bulger and Hasselbeck isn't as good as those two either.
Old 07-09-2007, 04:11 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
I dont see how you all have Palmer over Brady.
The first seven lists all did. Surprising at the least.

Anyway...

1 - Peyton Manning
2 - Tom Brady
3 - Carson Palmer
4 - Drew Brees
5 - Donovan McNabb
6 - Marc Bulger
7 - Matt Hasselebck
8 - Philip Rivers
9 - Michael Vick
t-10 - Chad Pennington
t-10 - JP Losman
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 04:21 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 22,895 View Post
Vince Young 8?.....You know what I'm just not gonna say anything lol.
I put VY at 8 because I believe the best QB is the one who gives you the best chance to win. He's isn't the guy with who will throw for a lot of yards or has the best QB rating, but he wins games even though he had the worst Defence in the NFL. When it comes down to it, the WIN is all that matters
Old 07-09-2007, 04:27 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1. Peyton Manning
2. Tom Brady
3. Carson Palmer
4. Drew Brees
5. Marc Bulger
6. Donovan McNabb
7. Philip Rivers
8. Mike Vick
9. J.P Losman
10. Tony Romo

Shaky list, but this is more of how I think this year will turn out.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 04:57 PM    (permalink
LarryJohnson27
Rookie

LarryJohnson27 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

1. Peyton Manning
2. Tom Brady
3. Carson Palmer
4. Drew Brees
5. Donovan McNabb
6. Marc Bulger
7. Matt Hasselbeck
8. Phillip Rivers
9. Chad Pennington
10. Ben Roethlisberger

Last edited by LarryJohnson27 : 07-09-2007 at 05:01 PM.
LarryJohnson27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 05:04 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
I strongly disagree with anyone that has either Vince Young or Brett Favre in their top-10 rankings.
I'm actually not goign to say somthing like , " Brett Favre is top 10 !!!!" but,
dude, you got Mike Vick in your top ten. That's worse than having Favre in there.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 05:13 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
I'm actually not goign to say somthing like , " Brett Favre is top 10 !!!!" but,
dude, you got Mike Vick in your top ten. That's worse than having Favre in there.
Bahahhaha. Not even close bud. Vick is a superior QB to Farve right now.
Old 07-09-2007, 05:18 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
Bahahhaha. Not even close bud. Vick is a superior QB to Farve right now.
Care to prove your ever convincing argument?

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 05:30 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I could say the same about you. Michael Vick's one downfall, of which the critics are always harping on, is his passer rating. The past two years he has a higher passer rating than Brett Farve. To be better than Michael Vick, to equal his home run ability as a runner, you need to be a flat out superior passer. That's because Michael Vick changes the entire complexion of the game, in ways few QBs in NFL history (Vince Young being the lone exception in today's NFL) have been able to do. At least as a passer he has more touchdowns than interceptions, which is more than you can say about Brett Favre.

Favre is only making lists based on nostalgia. If he wasn't a former MVP, Hall of Fame caliber, player, people would deride him like they do Rex Grossman. Who at this point, in the '05-present era, is better than Favre is. People have turned blinded themselves to just how lousy Favre is, at this point in his career. If anything he is holding the Packers back.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 05:33 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Sure, I thought the Favre TD-Turnover rate Shiver posted was more than enough, but whatever.

Including fumbles and overall touchdowns this is Favre over the last two seasons:

39 touchdowns to 59 turnovers

Vick:

43 touchdowns to 34

That proves Vick is a more valuable QB, but if you want to take away the rushing and fumbles, Vick is 35 to 26. Farve is 38/47.

And since 2005 was their worst seasons, if you want to look to last year

With rushing and fumbles:

Favre: 19/22
Vick: 22/16

Without:

Favre:18/18
Vick:20/13

Regardless of how you feel about Vick, he belongs on this list over the likes of Vince Young, Brett Favre, and Tony Romo. He is in that 8-10 range.

Last edited by ATLDirtyBirds : 07-09-2007 at 05:36 PM.
ATLDirtyBirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 05:35 PM    (permalink
Veteran

22,895 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
I could say the same about you. Michael Vick's one downfall, of which the critics are always harping on, is his passer rating. The past two years he has a higher passer rating than Brett Farve. To be better than Michael Vick, to equal his home run ability as a runner, you need to be a flat out superior passer. That's because Michael Vick changes the entire complexion of the game, in ways few QBs in NFL history (Vince Young being the lone exception in today's NFL) have been able to do. At least as a passer he has more touchdowns than interceptions, which is more than you can say about Brett Favre.

Favre is only making lists based on nostalgia. If he wasn't a former MVP, Hall of Fame caliber, player, people would deride him like they do Rex Grossman. Who at this point, in the '05-present era, is better than Favre is. People have turned blinded themselves to just how lousy Favre is, at this point in his career. If anything he is holding the Packers back.

Yea Vick has had a better QB Rating, but only by a few points. You would expect somebody like Vick who's going in his 7th year to be head and shoulders above an old man like Favre, but he isn't.
22,895 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 05:36 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If you don't think Vick is a top-10 QB, that's fine. However, I would LOVE to hear a rationale as to why Favre is a top-10 QB. It boggles my mind.

Old 07-09-2007, 05:38 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Quote:
Yea Vick has had a better QB Rating, but only by a few points. You would expect somebody like Vick who's going in his 7th year to be head and shoulders above an old man like Favre, but he isn't.

TD's to turnovers my friend. Read the post I made breaking the stats down. Even when I took away makes Vick extra valuable, he is still better than Favre.
Old 07-09-2007, 05:38 PM    (permalink
Veteran

Quote:
If you don't think Vick is a top-10 QB, that's fine. However, I would LOVE to hear a rationale as to why Favre is a top-10 QB. It boggles my mind.
His career numbers.
Old 07-09-2007, 05:40 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Quote:
His career numbers.
Top-10 all-time, sure. As for the here and now, no way.

Old 07-09-2007, 05:40 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Quote:
His career numbers.

By that logic, how aren't Marino and Elway on this?
Old 07-09-2007, 05:42 PM    (permalink
Veteran

Quote:
TD's to turnovers my friend. Read the post I made breaking the stats down. Even when I took away makes Vick extra valuable, he is still better than Favre.
Yep that's fine and dandy and all that, but he isn't head and shoulders above Favre, but you can make a case that Favre's worse year is better than Vick's best year.
Old 07-09-2007, 05:43 PM    (permalink
Veteran

Quote:
By that logic, how aren't Marino and Elway on this?
They aren't playing right now.
Old 07-09-2007, 05:44 PM    (permalink
Veteran

Quote:
Top-10 all-time, sure. As for the here and now, no way.
The rules for this thing.

You can do you're top 10 anyway like what they have done in their career or last 3-5 years doesn't matter
Old 07-09-2007, 05:45 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Quote:
Yep that's fine and dandy and all that, but he isn't head and shoulders above Favre, but you can make a case that Favre's worse year is better than Vick's best year.

How? How in the hell can you make a case for 20/29 season over a 20/13 season?
Old 07-09-2007, 05:47 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Quote:
The rules for this thing.

You can do you're top 10 anyway like what they have done in their career or last 3-5 years doesn't matter
Well that's stupid, in my opinion. It just is a poor way to run an "All-NFLDC" rankings, when there is no set standard. Secondly; I shouldn't have been called out for my list then, because I was doing "my" list based on the present.

Old 07-09-2007, 05:48 PM    (permalink
Veteran

Quote:
How? How in the hell can you make a case for 20/29 season over a 20/13 season?
Favre's Yards Average is better, and his Completion percentage is better.
Old 07-09-2007, 05:50 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Quote:
Favre's Yards Average is better, and his Completion percentage is better.

What affects a game more? Yards and Completions, or Touchdowns and Turnovers?
Old 07-09-2007, 05:52 PM    (permalink
Veteran

Quote:
Well that's stupid, in my opinion. It just is a poor way to run an "All-NFLDC" rankings, when there is no set standard. Secondly; I shouldn't have been called out for my list then, because I was doing "my" list based on the present.
Looking back on the posts nobody called you're list out. When you made the statement that Young and Favre should not be in the Top 10 that's when a Packer fan disagreed with you then that's when I felt like debating for giggles and grins.
Old 07-09-2007, 05:54 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Quote:
Looking back on the posts nobody called you're list out. When you made the statement that Young and Favre should not be in the Top 10 that's when a Packer fan disagreed with you then that's when I felt like debating for giggles and grins.

Quote:
That was a call out, no matter how you spin it.