Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 07-09-2007, 04:54 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 22,895 View Post
The rules for this thing.

You can do you're top 10 anyway like what they have done in their career or last 3-5 years doesn't matter
Well if your list is based on careers then Favre is far and away #1 among current QBs. Past 5 years he is top ten, past 3 probably not, right now no.

Thats why I said there should be one topic. You can't combine career lists with current lists, one or the other.
Old 07-09-2007, 04:55 PM    (permalink
Veteran

22,895 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
What affects a game more? Yards and Completions, or Touchdowns and Turnovers?
Obviously TD and TOs, but you can't just take a piece of the pie you have to look at the whole thing. Like I said you can debate Vick or Favre which should be unnecessary since Vick is a much younger QB and he should be without a doubt better than Favre.
22,895 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 04:56 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
Well if your list is based on careers then Favre is far and away #1 among current QBs. Past 5 years he is top ten, past 3 probably not, right now no.

Thats why I said there should be one topic. You can't combine career lists with current lists, one or the other.
GB you are right 100%

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 04:56 PM    (permalink
Veteran

22,895 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
That was a call out, no matter how you spin it.
Yea it is a call out but he's not calling out you're list.
22,895 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 04:58 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He said that having Vick in the top-10 is "worse" than having Favre in a top-10 list, which is rather absurd if the basis of my list is solely on the present and future. That constitutes as an attack on the legitimacy of my list.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 04:59 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
He said that having Vick in the top-10 is "worse" than having Favre in a top-10 list, which is rather absurd if the basis of my list is solely on the present and future. That constitutes as an attack on the legitimacy of my list.
It's an opinionated forum and thread, and I think we should all settle down

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 05:01 PM    (permalink
moc182
All-Pro

moc182 is a cocksman.moc182 is a cocksman.moc182 is a cocksman.moc182 is a cocksman.

1. Tom Brady
2. Peyton Manning
3. Drew Brees
4. Carson Palmer
5. Marc Bulger
6. Donovan McNabb
7. Matt Hasselbeck
8. Tony Romo
9. Vince Young
10. Brett Favre

"A real man makes his own luck." Billy Zane, Titanic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmitt Smith
Donít quit, donít even quit.
moc182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 05:03 PM    (permalink
Acreboy
Pro Bowler

Acreboy hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Acreboy hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

1.) Peyton Manning
2.) Tom Brady
3.) Drew Brees
4.) Carson Palmer
5.) Donovan McNabb
6.) Marc Bulger
7.) Phillip Rivers
8.) Matt Hasselbeck
9.) Brett Favre
10.) Chad Pennington
Acreboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 05:37 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Let's move on to Running Backs

Here's my top ten

1. LT
2. Larry Johnson
3. Steven Jackson
4. Frank Gore
5. Shaun Alexander
6. Clinton Portis
7. Brian Westbrook
8. Rudi Johnson
9. Willie Parker
10. Maurice Jones-Drew

Last edited by TACKLE : 07-09-2007 at 05:56 PM.
TACKLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 05:46 PM    (permalink
Acreboy
Pro Bowler

Acreboy hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Acreboy hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

1.) LT
2.) LJ
3.) Steven Jackson
4.) Frank Gore
5.) Brian Westbrook
6.) Clinton Portis
7.) Deuce McAllister (Now 100% healthy)
8.) Willie Parker
9.) Rudi Johnson
10.) MJD

Last edited by Acreboy : 07-09-2007 at 05:53 PM.
Old 07-09-2007, 05:48 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1. LT
2. Steven Jackson
3. Larry Johnson
4. Frank Gore
5. Willie Parker
6. Shaun Alexander
7. Clinton Portis
8. Brian Westbrook
9. Rudi Johnson
10. Edge
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 05:51 PM    (permalink
DWilliams2IndyColts
Veteran

DWilliams2IndyColts hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.DWilliams2IndyColts hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

1)LT
2)Steven Jackson
3)LJ
4)Frank Gore
5)MJD
6)Brian Westbrook
7)Rudi Johnson
8)Fred Taylor
9)Travis Henry
10)Clinton Portis

Michael "Franchise" Young QB Akron Zepplins #10
164/281, 58.4% 1956 yards, 10 TD/8 INT
50 rushes, 321 yards, 4 TD, 6.4 YPC
Record: 7-3
DWilliams2IndyColts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 05:57 PM    (permalink
simms2clayton

1. Tom Brady
2. Peyton Manning
3. Carson Palmer
4. Marc Bulger
5. Drew Brees
6. Donovan McNabb
7. Matt Hasselbeck
8. Phillip Rivers
9. Chad Pennington
10. Trent Green
Old 07-09-2007, 06:09 PM    (permalink
Acreboy
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Let's move on to Running Backs
Quote:
Originally Posted by simms2clayton View Post
1. Tom Brady
2. Peyton Manning
3. Carson Palmer
4. Marc Bulger
5. Drew Brees
6. Donovan McNabb
7. Matt Hasselbeck
8. Phillip Rivers
9. Chad Pennington
10. Trent Green
A little late eh? lol.
Old 07-09-2007, 06:09 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1. LT
2. LJ
3. Steven Jackson
4. Frank Gore
5. Willie Parker
6. Westy
7. Shaun Alexander
8. Clinton Portis
9. Travis Henry
10. Rudi Johnson

Honroable mention goes to the two headed monster Deuce McCalister and Reggie Bush.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 06:22 PM    (permalink
cardsalltheway
Veteran

cardsalltheway is a cocksman.cardsalltheway is a cocksman.cardsalltheway is a cocksman.

1. LT
2. Larry Johnson
3. Steven Jackson
4. Frank Gore
5. Brian Westbrook
6. Willie Parker
7. Shaun Alexander
8. Rudi Johnson
9. Deuce McCalister
10. Joseph Addai

Designs by D-Unit

ILEMTPKC - I Love Eli Manning <The Patriots Killer> Club
cardsalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 06:28 PM    (permalink
Average OT LB
Veteran

Average OT LB is a cocksman.Average OT LB is a cocksman.Average OT LB is a cocksman.

I had an argument with my friend about the QB list so first id like to post that and get it out of the way.. forgive my tardiness

1. Peyton Manning
2. Tom Brady
3. Carson Palmer
4. Donovan Mcnabb
5. Matt Hasselback
6. Marc Bulger
7. Drew Brees
8. Brett Favre
9. Michael Vick
10. Big Ben
11. Chad Pennington
12. Trent Green
13. Vince Young
14. Phillip Rivers
15. Tony Romo
16. Steve McNair
17. Jake Delhomme
18. Sheli Manning
19. Rex Grossman
20. JP losman

Running Backs
1. Ladainian Tomlinson
2. Steven Jackson
3. Frank Gore
4. Larry Johnson
5. Maurice Jones Drew
6. Reggie Bush
7. Brian Westbrook
8. Rudi Johnson
9. Shaun Alexander
10. Willie Parker

Last edited by Average OT LB : 07-09-2007 at 07:53 PM.
Average OT LB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 06:32 PM    (permalink
Acreboy
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Average OT LB View Post
I had an argument with my friend about the QB list so first id like to post that and get it out of the way.. forgive my tardiness

1. Peyton Manning
2. Tom Brady
3. Carson Palmer
4. Donovan Mcnabb
5. Matt Hasselback
6. Marc Bulger
7. Drew Brees
8. Brett Favre
9. Michael Vick
10. Big Ben
11. Chad Pennington
12. Trent Green
13. Vince Young
14. Phillip Rivers
15. Tony Romo
16. Steve McNair
17. Jake Delhomme
18. Sheli Manning
19. Rex Grossman
20. JP losman

Running Backs
1. Ladainian Tomlinson
2. Steven Jackson
3. Frank Gore
4. Larry Johnson
5. Maurice Jones Drew
6. Reggie Bush
7. Brian Westbrook
8. Rudi Johnson
9. Shaun Alexander
10. Joseph Addai
How Brees is not a top 3 QB, much less top 5 blows my mind.
Old 07-09-2007, 06:36 PM    (permalink
Average OT LB
Veteran

Average OT LB is a cocksman.Average OT LB is a cocksman.Average OT LB is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acreboy View Post
As a charger fan, ive known about what Brees can do before he had this amazing year. His best talent is being on a good team, its not his fault thats a crime in my eyes when evaluating talent. I like the players in front of him, but i understand and respect your argument.
Old 07-09-2007, 06:37 PM    (permalink
Acreboy
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Average OT LB View Post
As a charger fan, ive known about what Brees can do before he had this amazing year. His best talent is being on a good team, its not his fault thats a crime in my eyes when evaluating talent. I like the players in front of him, but i understand and respect your argument.
And I thank you for that. But what he did last year with a bunch of unknowns was remarkable.
Old 07-09-2007, 06:38 PM    (permalink
cardsalltheway
Veteran

cardsalltheway is a cocksman.cardsalltheway is a cocksman.cardsalltheway is a cocksman.

Quote:
I hate Drew Brees with a firey passion and wouldn't even consider not putting him top 5.

Designs by D-Unit

ILEMTPKC - I Love Eli Manning <The Patriots Killer> Club
cardsalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 06:41 PM    (permalink
Acreboy
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsalltheway View Post
I hate Drew Brees with a firey passion and wouldn't even consider not putting him top 5.
I hate Carson Palmer and Tom Brady with a passion but I respect what they do because they are damn good at it. Brees is damn good at what he does and deserves the recognition whether you like him or not.
Old 07-09-2007, 06:42 PM    (permalink
Average OT LB
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsalltheway View Post
Id like to know why you hate him, and id also like to ask if you can remember why the NFL was calling for the chargers to draft a QB to replace him. I know quarterbacks can grow and become better players, but so can the others around them. He had the best RB, FB, TE as well as possesion recievers, and the most winningest active head coach. He went from that to a team with a power running game, as well as the most electifying talent in the league. It would be hard to dispute the fact that throwing to bush and pounding the ball in the running game did not directly attribute to his greatness.
Old 07-09-2007, 06:48 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Not top 3? Top three is Manning, Brady, Palmer. Brees doesn't top one of them so no top 3. I don't agrees with him putting Hass at 6, but certainly a case can be made for McNabb and Bulger. 4-6 is the range that Brees fits in.
Old 07-09-2007, 06:49 PM    (permalink
Acreboy
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
Not top 3? Top three is Manning, Brady, Palmer. Brees doesn't top one of them so no top 3. I don't agrees with him putting Hass at 6, but certainly a case can be made for McNabb and Bulger. 4-6 is the range that Brees fits in.
Well I think Brees>Palmer

Anyway this is getting off topic and that it my fault. Back on topic.