Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 07-09-2007, 08:02 AM    (permalink
simms2clayton

Default Why didn't Gaither enter the 2007 NFL Draft????

He was 3 years removed from high school and he had to of known that he wasn't going to check out academically.

He and Oliver missed out on potentially much bigger paychecks. I mean even a 3rd round pick gets these guys a much bigger signing bonus than what they will probably get...am I right? Do supplemental draft picks make as much as their regular draft counterparts?
Old 07-09-2007, 08:04 AM    (permalink
Green Bay Scat
Pro Bowler

Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by simms2clayton View Post
He was 3 years removed from high school and he had to of known that he wasn't going to check out academically.

He and Oliver missed out on potentially much bigger paychecks. I mean even a 3rd round pick gets these guys a much bigger signing bonus than what they will probably get...am I right? Do supplemental draft picks make as much as their regular draft counterparts?
the coaches recruit them back to college, i guess in their cases, it didnt work out for the best
Green Bay Scat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 09:30 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gaither didn't know that he was going to be academically ineligible. He didn't know that until a week ago, so obviously he didn't know in January.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 10:18 AM    (permalink
eacantdraft
Pro Bowler

eacantdraft smells like sex panther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
Gaither didn't know that he was going to be academically ineligible. He didn't know that until a week ago, so obviously he didn't know in January.
You'd think he would have a clue that being academically ineligable is coming. After all they do send out letters/emails if you are in trouble. Especially if you are probably not going to classes either.

But since he probably is a dum arse who only got into college by playing sports, I'm not surprised.
eacantdraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 10:27 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Maybe you should get some background info on the situation before you talk. He knew that he could have been, which is why he didn't play spring ball and has been trying to make it so he wasn't academically ineligible. But he wasn't officially declared academically ineligible until a few weeks ago (not a week, he waited a bit before declaring).

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 10:47 AM    (permalink
eacantdraft
Pro Bowler

eacantdraft smells like sex panther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
Maybe you should get some background info on the situation before you talk. He knew that he could have been, which is why he didn't play spring ball and has been trying to make it so he wasn't academically ineligible. But he wasn't officially declared academically ineligible until a few weeks ago (not a week, he waited a bit before declaring).

This guy pouted when he was getting less playing time last season. Instead of taking it like a man and start to work harder and correct his weaknesses, he acted like a Hollywood princess and developed a Jake Moss attitude.

Next to QB, an OT is probably the smartest guy on the football field. Look at how many OT's make the Academic All American List in the NFL.

Gaithers performance in the class room and his attitude on the football field would have me spend no higher than a 5th rounder for this guy. Plus the fact he hardly played in high school makes me more wary of him.

His homers make him sound like he is the next Jonathan Odgen. He isn't even close right now. I think he would be a better defensive lineman prospect down the line than an OT.
eacantdraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 11:22 AM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In the case of both Oliver and Gaither they could have made a lot more money by staying in school another year which is why they went back. Unfortunately their academic situations prevented that from happening.

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

Scott Wright is offline   Reply With Quote