Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 05-20-2011, 08:08 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

To me it seemed like they had all the time they needed for maybe 2/3 of the game, then had to rush at the very end of it. I guess I should spoiler this.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 08:15 AM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So somebody give me some more info on fallout 3? Its on sale for 10$ this week at gamestop. I have a 10$ off coupon (from power up rewards) I was gonna use on Saints Row 2. How does it compare to Resitance or Killzone 3?

I'm not in a hurry to use the coupon as i'm gonna go on vacation in 2 weeks and it doesnt expite till june 30th.
Old 05-20-2011, 08:21 AM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
I knew you guys would help me out. Thanks especially to MOTH and georgiafan.

georgiafan -

I absolutely adore the roster mgmt, player development, and draft portions of Head Coach. If EA is actually able to put all that into Madden I will buy it immediately.

Regarding Saboteur, that is disappointing. I was hoping I had found a hidden gem with that one. I hope I can find somewhere to rent it.
I think Madden is gonna be good this year and like I said I haven't bought it since '08. Like you I loved the offseason in Head Coach and found myself saying I would pay 60$ for updated rosters+ability to play games+ better graphics. At the very worst you can buy Madden and turn it into HC '12. Also you can pre order it now on Amazon and get 20$ credit which you can use toward one of the other games you named. Josh Looman (who was behind HC) was the guy who was behind the madden off season this year. Just about all of important stuff from HC off season are in madden this year. The scouting, FA, expanded rosters, cut days, draft bust, trading future draft picks.

A must read if you haven't yet
http://www.ea.com/madden-nfl/blog/franchise-mode
Old 05-20-2011, 08:33 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan View Post
So somebody give me some more info on fallout 3? Its on sale for 10$ this week at gamestop. I have a 10$ off coupon (from power up rewards) I was gonna use on Saints Row 2. How does it compare to Resitance or Killzone 3?

I'm not in a hurry to use the coupon as i'm gonna go on vacation in 2 weeks and it doesnt expite till june 30th.
Fallout 3 really can't be compared to those games as it's in a completely different genre. Fallout 3 is the Elder Scrolls with guns...basically the equivilent difference between Dragon Age and Mass Effect...
Old 05-20-2011, 08:39 AM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
Fallout 3 really can't be compared to those games as it's in a completely different genre. Fallout 3 is the Elder Scrolls with guns...basically the equivilent difference between Dragon Age and Mass Effect...
So like is it built around the SP or MP? I'm not much into MP. About how long does it take to beat? Any replay value?
Old 05-20-2011, 08:44 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There is no multiplayer. It takes 40+ hours (depending on how you play) to beat and there's insane amounts of replay value. MOTH has played through the game a few times. It's an RPG, not an Action game.
Old 05-20-2011, 08:54 AM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
There is no multiplayer. It takes 40+ hours (depending on how you play) to beat and there's insane amounts of replay value. MOTH has played through the game a few times. It's an RPG, not an Action game.
sounds like it will be worth the chance for me since I would be getting it for free basically.
Old 05-20-2011, 01:17 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think Madden is gonna be good this year and like I said I haven't bought it since '08. Like you I loved the offseason in Head Coach and found myself saying I would pay 60$ for updated rosters+ability to play games+ better graphics. At the very worst you can buy Madden and turn it into HC '12. Also you can pre order it now on Amazon and get 20$ credit which you can use toward one of the other games you named. Josh Looman (who was behind HC) was the guy who was behind the madden off season this year. Just about all of important stuff from HC off season are in madden this year. The scouting, FA, expanded rosters, cut days, draft bust, trading future draft picks.

A must read if you haven't yet
http://www.ea.com/madden-nfl/blog/franchise-mode
I've read the blog. It sounds like Looman is finally getting the chance to do what he really wanted to do with Madden 10. I watched a video overview of Franchise Mode and the menus look almost exactly like what was in HC 09.

Pros, from what I've seen so far:

- 75 man offseason rosters, w/cut days (forces evaluation of fringe players)
- Real IR
- true player development in many categories, with hot and cold streaks throughout the year based on consistency rating
- no more cartooney faces for little-known or created players
- can trade future draft picks for players
- massively improved free agency bidding
- lots more draft scouting events (looks like it'll be almost exactly like HC09)

Gameplay improvements:

- no more suction blocking (should make 3-4 defense a viable option)
- there is a "tackle" button so no more running at ball carriers, and no more getting pulled into tackles by a guy not even facing you
- zone coverage actually works, players will hand off assignments as a receiver moves from one zone to another

On paper, this is the Madden I've been waiting for. It's basically the Head Coach interface, roster mgmt, and everything else, but with Madden in-game play. The best parts of each franchise. I don't think I've been this excited for a game in decades.

I still think there's a chance EA will kick me in the balls and make it somehow suck. But if they do come through and make a good game then I will be back on the buying bandwagon. Hell I would pay $30 a year just for updated rosters, with the game itself kept the same.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 01:23 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Does sound perfect. I'll just let you guys buy it first and express how you feel about it first before I buy it.

:D

also, currently in the progress of upgrading my ps3 hard drive. Backing up my files right now. Wish me luck!

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 01:26 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Fallout 3 would personally be in my top 5 favorite games. I've beaten it twice. It's amazing....but it's not for everyone. Most people, but not everyone. It's a marathon game, it takes time. But it's well worth it. The gun play/combat will more than likely make or break the game for you. The free aim is pretty shotty, but there is something called V.A.T.S, it's a combat queing system, in which you pick a body part to attack. It's essentially a turn based aspect, but still different than your typical turn based systems. The combat is a blend of live action, and this turn based style. I really like it, it'd just be better if the shooting worked better while free aiming. But in any case...it's still a lot of fun. The game is immense...it boasts an enormous atmopsheric open world, a very deep conversation system, a ridiculous amount of fully voiced characters, and a pretty enthralling story. It's incredibly immersive and one of the best games ever made, imho. You can easily sink over 100+ hours into the game. So many side quests to complete and locations to find.

As far as how the graphics have stood up...the character models are pretty terrible, but I still think the Wasteland looks absolutely gorgeous. Exiting into the Wasteland for the first time, conjures up some fond memories. It can be pretty overwhelming at first. So much freedom, and no idea where to begin. The level of detail is just ridiculous and there is an endless amount of loot to be rummaged through. Such an incredibly deep game.

As an added bonus...if you enjoy Fallout 3. Fallout: New Vegas is a pretty damn good installment as well. It may be viewed as a glorified expansion, but as a stand alone, I think it holds up very well. Another great game...and cheap now too. I'd highly reccommend both games.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 05-20-2011 at 01:29 PM.
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 01:51 PM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

Has anyone played The Godfather for the ps3? If so how close is it to Mafia 2 (i know it will not be as good)? I know the game is cheap now used so if it's anything close to Mafia 2 I might buy it.
Old 05-20-2011, 02:05 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Uploading my old data now onto the new hard drive.
There was one hiccup where the PS3 didn't acknowledge the new hard drive at first but a ten second google search fixed that.
I'm at the 90 min mark. Not too bad. I just went from 40GB to 320GB. Ballin!

Old 05-20-2011, 02:16 PM    (permalink
proshoota25
Pro Bowler

proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

all of this gaming talk has me excited for NBA 2K12.... 2k11 has been one of the best games in this series since the one that Shaq was on the cover. I know it comes out in October, and I cant wait.

The one thing I absolutely hate are the created players in the game, with the cartoon faces. Also hate how they show blank spots instead of faces when they show the intos at the beginning

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!
proshoota25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 02:31 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, they really need to fix the created players. The white guys all look ridiculous, too.

They also have to make Courtney Lee actually look like Courtney Lee, dammit.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 05-20-2011, 03:04 PM    (permalink
proshoota25
Pro Bowler

proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Yeah, they really need to fix the created players. The white guys all look ridiculous, too.

They also have to make Courtney Lee actually look like Courtney Lee, dammit.
lol the white guys with greenish looking hair, or albinos for that matter. some of the tattoos are so ridiculously funny too. like the colored tats really standing out on some guys is stupid too

idk if u guys have ever seen it, but some of the create a players have specific dances they do after they score, like i saw some "crab" dance.... insanely funny

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!
proshoota25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 03:26 PM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

Even though It's a great deal I think I'm gonna hold off and just stick to my plan of getting Saints Row 2 sometime before June 30th. It seems a little to sci-fi, futuristic,alieny for me. Plus I'm not gonna have the time to get deep into the game with me still playing The Show and with NCAA 2 months out. I'll put it on the list for down the road if they have a buy 2 get 1 free deal. From the video's I saw New Vegas looked better to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Fallout 3 would personally be in my top 5 favorite games. I've beaten it twice. It's amazing....but it's not for everyone. Most people, but not everyone. It's a marathon game, it takes time. But it's well worth it. The gun play/combat will more than likely make or break the game for you. The free aim is pretty shotty, but there is something called V.A.T.S, it's a combat queing system, in which you pick a body part to attack. It's essentially a turn based aspect, but still different than your typical turn based systems. The combat is a blend of live action, and this turn based style. I really like it, it'd just be better if the shooting worked better while free aiming. But in any case...it's still a lot of fun. The game is immense...it boasts an enormous atmopsheric open world, a very deep conversation system, a ridiculous amount of fully voiced characters, and a pretty enthralling story. It's incredibly immersive and one of the best games ever made, imho. You can easily sink over 100+ hours into the game. So many side quests to complete and locations to find.

As far as how the graphics have stood up...the character models are pretty terrible, but I still think the Wasteland looks absolutely gorgeous. Exiting into the Wasteland for the first time, conjures up some fond memories. It can be pretty overwhelming at first. So much freedom, and no idea where to begin. The level of detail is just ridiculous and there is an endless amount of loot to be rummaged through. Such an incredibly deep game.

As an added bonus...if you enjoy Fallout 3. Fallout: New Vegas is a pretty damn good installment as well. It may be viewed as a glorified expansion, but as a stand alone, I think it holds up very well. Another great game...and cheap now too. I'd highly reccommend both games.
Old 05-20-2011, 03:39 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

It's your choice man. Saints Row 2 is fun, just no where near as good. It's certainly fun, though. Not a bad choice.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 05-20-2011, 05:51 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by proshoota25 View Post
lol the white guys with greenish looking hair, or albinos for that matter. some of the tattoos are so ridiculously funny too. like the colored tats really standing out on some guys is stupid too

idk if u guys have ever seen it, but some of the create a players have specific dances they do after they score, like i saw some "crab" dance.... insanely funny
You basically have to create a black guy because the facial features make your white guy look like an albino... I'm sorry if I am offending anyone, but I really don't want to play as an albino black guy.
Old 05-20-2011, 08:30 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

It's true, though. My white "My Player" doesnt have a "white guy" face at all. We discussed it in the other thread as well. NBA 2K hasnt a had decent looking created players since the Dreamcast days. Their models just looks creepy these days. College Hoops was even worse.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 05-20-2011 at 08:32 PM.
Old 05-23-2011, 01:00 AM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How is everyone enjoying L.A Nore right now?I want to pick up but gotta hold off for now.
Old 05-23-2011, 06:24 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

It's pretty damn amazing. Not much else to say.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 05-23-2011, 08:44 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So I got my buy 2 get 1 games on Friday and finally got a day off from both jobs and had a chance to play them. So after all the love that Heavy Rain has gotten in this thread I decided that it had to be the first one I played.

I put in the game and freezes at the loading screen. I restart the PS3 and try again. Freezes again and again and again. After about an hour fusing with this I finally got to play the Prologue by going into the chapter menu. I finished the Prologue and then got to play the Ethan part.

After the cut scene in the street it froze. I am getting sick of this and I am so excited to play this game. Sounds like this is a common problem with no for sure fix.

Anyone have anyway they overcame this?
Old 05-23-2011, 08:52 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

I'd exchange it for a new game.
The game froze once on me but it was in game and after hours and hours of playing.
So I doubt it was the CD itself.

Old 05-23-2011, 09:01 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalej View Post
I'd exchange it for a new game.
The game froze once on me but it was in game and after hours and hours of playing.
So I doubt it was the CD itself.
Its not the disc that i know of... No scratches or marks. It keeps freezing in different areas too.
Old 05-23-2011, 09:25 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
i had the same issue. eventually, it destroyed my HDD. i just took the disc back to gamestop. the new one they gave me worked fine.

i'm guessing there was massive production failure in the actual disc creation, and that there are write errors on a bunch of the discs.
Alright thanks man... If it killed your HDD there is no way I am going to screw with this.