Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 06-22-2011, 03:08 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Dude View Post
I used to have the same problem. With my wireless connection, my PS3 was trying to connect with my computer & continuously froze durign downloads and updates. i called PS3 customer service and they walked me throught eh fix. I can't remember what it was, though.
That's good to know once I get off of work I'll give them a call and hopefully get this fixed, I miss my ps3 it's been awhile I just never had time to try and fix it.

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 08:48 PM    (permalink
Me Likey Rookies
Veteran

Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

almost done with inFamous2, probably my favorite game of the last couple years. The fast, polished gameplay just cant be beat. I like it more than the uncharted games.

Anyone have any suggestions for my next game? I am sick of all FPS's (same thing over and over). I am thinking (in this order):

-Alan Wake .. big fan of TPS and horror
-Ass Creed Brotherhood .. i enjoyed AC1 but havent played AC2. i am sure the wall-climbing will feel slow as hell after inFamous but it looks great
-LA Noire .. everyone says its boring and i hate Rockstar's shooting mechanics
-FF13 .. is this worth playing?
Old 06-23-2011, 09:06 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Customer Service dude was nice sending out the box to get mine fixed since some how my system was still under warranty even when I bought it off craigslist. I've heard from others experience that they service everything very fast and have you with your ps3 back asap. So it's been 3-4 months since my ps3 broke I should've done this along time ago lol

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 09:08 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me Likey Rookies View Post
almost done with inFamous2, probably my favorite game of the last couple years. The fast, polished gameplay just cant be beat. I like it more than the uncharted games.

Anyone have any suggestions for my next game? I am sick of all FPS's (same thing over and over). I am thinking (in this order):

-Alan Wake .. big fan of TPS and horror
-Ass Creed Brotherhood .. i enjoyed AC1 but havent played AC2. i am sure the wall-climbing will feel slow as hell after inFamous but it looks great
-LA Noire .. everyone says its boring and i hate Rockstar's shooting mechanics
-FF13 .. is this worth playing?
Do you have a 360? Alan Wake is an exclusive. FF13 is garbage.

Why play Brotherhood before AC2? AC2 is an exceptional game.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 11:12 PM    (permalink
Me Likey Rookies
Veteran

Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yea I have a 360, hasnt been used in months but Alan Wake looks pretty damn good and could change that.

The reason I would get ACB over AC2 is i think the gameplay would get repetitive if i played both so i want the one with the best/polished gameplay.
Old 06-23-2011, 11:16 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me Likey Rookies View Post
Yea I have a 360, hasnt been used in months but Alan Wake looks pretty damn good and could change that.

The reason I would get ACB over AC2 is i think the gameplay would get repetitive if i played both so i want the one with the best/polished gameplay.
Well you miss a ton by skipping AC2... Its like saying ehh go watch the first and last episodes of Game of Thrones or anything like it for the matter.

As someone who has played all 3... Play them in order.
Old 06-23-2011, 11:20 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not to mention AC2 is widely viewed as the best game of the bunch, anyway.

Alan Wake is a good game, albeit repetitive at points. There is still fun to be had. It's a beautiful game and it has a more "adult" narrative, which is displayed in movie or a tv series type format. The gameplay/gun play work very well. Just be warned that it can get repetitive, going from point a to point b all the time. Some of the levels are just overly drawn out and the enemies dont really vary all that much. You'll spend a lot of your time just running for your life through the woods. But it's a good game.

It was actually one of my most anticipated games ever, when it was first announced. It didnt exactly live up to the hype for me, but I def. enjoyed it...beat it twice.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 06-23-2011 at 11:22 PM.
Old 06-23-2011, 11:22 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The only Assassin's Creed game you can justify skipping is the first one. Brotherhoods improvements are fairly minor ones too, so it's not like you're skipping into the better game.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 11:25 PM    (permalink
Me Likey Rookies
Veteran

I guess I will check out Alan Wake and AC2 (even better considering its cheaper). Anyone play Splinter Cell Conviction? The IGN review made it look pretty damn good.
Old 06-23-2011, 11:28 PM    (permalink
Me Likey Rookies
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
i can't believe the understatement in this sentence. ff13 might be the worst game i've ever played.

for anyone who's played both, is infamous2 any different than the first one? i had fun for a bit in the first one, but it just got old. every mission was the same. it was still fun, but i can't see getting into another game that 'feels' the same. especially if the story is still lame.
I think the missions are a lot more varied and a lot more epic (there are some huge battles) and the graphics are much much better. It is also more fun to fly around the city using ice launch and the improved hovering.
Old 06-23-2011, 11:32 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
i can't believe the understatement in this sentence. ff13 might be the worst game i've ever played.
I bought it for my girlfriend last summer after she asked for a game to play and picked that one(I warned her based on what I had heard). It's the worst movie I've ever watched.

Square Enix is basically dying at this point.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 06-24-2011, 12:01 AM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan View Post
I'm just gonna stick to my RTTS with the show and every once in a while my offline dynasty. I found I enjoy RTTS with my closer more then the franchise which is really odd for me.
I bought The Show the day it came out and I've only played RTTS, hadn't even tried anything else.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 12:05 AM    (permalink
XxXdragonXxX
Pro Bowler

XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Beat InFamous 2 on evil. Now working on good.

Love this game. New powers are awesome.
Old 06-24-2011, 08:08 AM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosanac01 View Post
I bought The Show the day it came out and I've only played RTTS, hadn't even tried anything else.
I played the franchise a little bit, but I felt like I was forcing my self to play a francshise so I just stoped and went with just RTTS. I don't like baseball game francshise since you have to sim so many games. The hitting took me a long time to get use to though I was just getting decent at it and could have always switched back to classic. I like playing as a P as I dont have to sim anything.
Old 06-24-2011, 08:29 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, I only play RTTS because it takes so much less time to get through games. I switched my C to LF to make them go even quicker. I need to be more patient when hitting, though.
Old 06-24-2011, 08:54 AM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
Yeah, I only play RTTS because it takes so much less time to get through games. I switched my C to LF to make them go even quicker. I need to be more patient when hitting, though.
Have you tried one as a closer? Thats what im doing and im hooked
Old 06-24-2011, 09:38 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

I didnt get the Show this year. But last year I was frustrated with RTTS because my dude never walked. I'd get to 3-0, and then it was nothing but strikes. :/

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 06-24-2011, 10:09 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Quote:
that's so it. i was 15 bloody hours in before any of the fights even counted for experience. 13 of that was terrible cut scenes (i mean, they were pretty, but the writing quality was horrific), 2 of that was godawful battles that took forever and, ultimately meant nothing. then heavy rain killed my ps3, so i lost the save. there's zero chance i will ever go through all of that again.

though i like, heard it totally gets better after 45 hours.
On the plus side, if you're into 14 year old girls with too much disposable income, you've got a total in.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 06-24-2011, 12:31 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan View Post
Have you tried one as a closer? Thats what im doing and im hooked
I might make one down the line, but I like making Matt Vasgersian say "Moose Dick" too much to avert any attention away from my LF.
Old 06-24-2011, 09:13 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

2011 will be remembered in gaming as the year of next-gen console rumors.

http://gematsu.com/2011/06/rumor-pla...ling-next-year

Source may not be the most reliable, but it's adding to more smoke out there.

Again, can't imagine Sony bringing a new console to market for at least two or three years given that the PS3 has only just started to hit it's stride.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 06-24-2011, 09:37 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd say at least 24 months before we see a new Sony/Microsoft console.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 10:25 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How much more advanced could it get?

I guess we'll see 3D games and ****, idk.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 10:33 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosanac01 View Post
How much more advanced could it get?

I guess we'll see 3D games and ****, idk.
Direct X 11(or the OpenGL equivalent for the PS3) will be a big point, for sure.

60 FPS(or any gain in frames)at true 1080p(consoles use up scaling currently)

Physics, with larger scale interactive environments

Those sort of things, in addition to just generally looking better and the standard gains in lighting. Here's what Epic had to say about the future a few months back.

....and Crytek.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 06-25-2011, 12:09 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Haha. EE posted UE3... They're working on UE4 for next year. But, yeah, the current engines and hardware still have a ton of untapped potential. Especially the PS3.
Old 06-25-2011, 12:33 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

I'm aware it's UE3, but it's still a good example of what's coming on next-gen hardware. Most of that stuff isn't possible on consoles right now.

R.I.P. Junior Seau