Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 09-19-2007, 08:17 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

my PS3 broke.......... and as we speak I recieved the box from Sony to send it back to them and its on its way right now and then they will be sending me a rebfurbished 1!

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 10:44 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I dont have a PS3 but, I've compiled a wish list already...

Heavy Rain
Eight Days
Heist
Phsycopath
God of War 3
Rainy Woods

All these games look/sound amazing.

BOLD=The reasons why I need to buy a PS3.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 10:53 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You need to buy one because of Socom, MGS, Final Fantasy among other great games.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 10:59 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinslowBodden View Post
You need to buy one because of Socom, MGS, Final Fantasy among other great games.
Havent really ever gotten in to any of those...

Heavy Rain, Psychopath, and Rainy Woods seem like the perfect games for me and I'm a huge God of War fan. I'd still buy all the sports titles for my 360, though.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 11:22 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/24683.html

I was hoping it would be good, it looks amazing...

Most reviews have been around an 8.0 because its short, but damn does it look good...

Probably a game you rent, but it looks like a graphical masterpiece.
Definitely going to rent it for sure. Depending on the cash situation, I might just go ahead and buy it.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 11:25 PM    (permalink
49erfaithful
Veteran

49erfaithful hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
have you seen the online trailer for MGS4?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=PvcJ9gvRaO4
49erfaithful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 11:27 PM    (permalink
49erfaithful
Veteran

49erfaithful hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

any one pumped for Haze?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aABw8lMgCPI

thats the E3 07 trailer if your interested
49erfaithful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 04:57 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just realized some exciting / depressing news, depending on how you look at it. Call of Duty 4, Assassin's Creed, Half Life 2, Haze, and Unreal Tournament 3 are all going to be released within a 15 day span. I'm not going to be able to afford them all! I know I'm getting Assassin's Creed and Half Life 2: Orange Box for sure. Here are the release dates:

Call of Duty 4 : November 5th
Assassin's Creed : November 13th
Half Life 2 : November 13th
Haze : November 19th
Unreal Tournament 3 : November 19th
Old 09-24-2007, 05:08 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriots-Lions View Post
I just realized some exciting / depressing news, depending on how you look at it. Call of Duty 4, Assassin's Creed, Half Life 2, Haze, and Unreal Tournament 3 are all going to be released within a 15 day span. I'm not going to be able to afford them all! I know I'm getting Assassin's Creed and Half Life 2: Orange Box for sure. Here are the release dates:

Call of Duty 4 : November 5th
Assassin's Creed : November 13th
Half Life 2 : November 13th
Haze : November 19th
Unreal Tournament 3 : November 19th
haha that's what christmas is for...I will prolly get Assassin's Creed for sure right away and maybe COD4...but after watching that trailer for Haze I'm really excited...but right now Assassin's Creed is at the top
iowatreat54 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 03:05 AM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey I just watched some PS3 films on YouTube and all the players run like they crapped their pants during warmups and forgot to change, what's with that?

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 09:06 AM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I assume he's talking about Madden.

By the by.. I'll probably be picking up a PS3 soon!
Old 09-25-2007, 04:00 PM    (permalink
Eaglez.Fan
All-Pro

Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

NHL 08 has retardedly good gameplay. Dynasty mode would be amazing if it had a fantasy draft although it is still damn good. There are AHL farm teams aswell to watch out for your draft picks.

And I also rented Warhawk which is a very good multiplayer game. It is all online tho. But you can have LAN games so just with your 3 friends.
Old 11-03-2007, 08:51 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

I know there are only a few of us PS3 owners on this forum, but I realized that this wasn't posted so I thought I would let everyone know in case they missed it.

Haze will now be a PS3 exclusive and Ubisoft has announced that they no longer have plans to develop the game for Xbox 360 or PC. Some suggest that it's still a possibility in the future, but as for now it will be a full PS3 exclusive. I'm sure 360 and PC owners aren't devastated, as they have Halo 3. This news is about two months old, but since it wasn't posted I thought I'd make sure everyone who was interested, knew.
Old 11-03-2007, 08:56 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

has anyone seen/played TimeShift? the commercials look good and the online reviews/gameplay looks cool, but I was wondering if anyone had first hand knowledge of the game yet?
iowatreat54 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 09:00 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I know there are only a few of us PS3 owners on this forum, but I realized that this wasn't posted so I thought I would let everyone know in case they missed it.

Haze will now be a PS3 exclusive and Ubisoft has announced that they no longer have plans to develop the game for Xbox 360 or PC. Some suggest that it's still a possibility in the future, but as for now it will be a full PS3 exclusive. I'm sure 360 and PC owners aren't devastated, as they have Halo 3. This news is about two months old, but since it wasn't posted I thought I'd make sure everyone who was interested, knew.
Yeah, I saw that last week. Pretty pumped. Kinda sad the game got delayed until December. Oh well, I'll just get it for Christmas probably, and I'll probably get CoD4 (which the developers of the game said that the ps3 has better graphics, as it should since it is a more powerful system) to hold me over for a while.

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Smokey Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 09:01 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey Joe View Post
Yeah, I saw that last week. Pretty pumped. Kinda sad the game got delayed until December. Oh well, I'll just get it for Christmas probably, and I'll probably get CoD4 (which the developers of the game said that the ps3 has better graphics, as it should since it is a more powerful system) to hold me over for a while.
Yeah, HL2 was also pushed back to December but Assassin's Creed is still due to come out in 10 days.
Old 11-03-2007, 09:10 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm still iffy on Assassin's creed. From what I have read, the controls are pretty bad and complicated and some other stuff as well. However, I did hear that there is possibly some sort of SciFi twist in it. I'll have to wait to see what some game sites/magazines give it.

However, from what I have heard, CoD4 is probably gonna be better then Halo 3.

Old 11-04-2007, 01:14 AM    (permalink
CannedToast
Rookie

CannedToast hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:

Yeah, that sorta sucks. I probably would have rented Haze eventually, or just downloaded it for free on PC.

Luckily I have enough other titles to keep me occupied.
CannedToast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 01:35 AM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Finally got my PS3! I'm so happy. Now I just need to actually get some games. The only game I've got that didn't come with the system is NCAA '08(which I'm not complaining about, by the way. I love it so far). Campus legend certainly seems better than in past years. I'm looking forward to COD4 the most I think, although, my god, there's so many games I want. And the best part is, I only paid $500 for it(although maybe I missed a price cut for the 80GB and everyone got it for that price)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!
ironman4579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 11:32 AM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

From what I was just reading, CoD4 looks like almost a lock for the best FPS game of the year. I can't wait. A lot more good games will come out in Q1 of 2008. For instance: Army of Two, GTAIV, MGS4, SOCOM: Confrontation, and a couple more.

Anyone hear the rumors about next GTA being a PS3 exclusive? Mainly, it would be because of how much more powerful the PS3 is and that they could do a whole lot more stuff on the PS3 that they couldn't on the 360.

Old 11-04-2007, 11:49 AM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Anyone hear the rumors about next GTA being a PS3 exclusive? Mainly, it would be because of how much more powerful the PS3 is and that they could do a whole lot more stuff on the PS3 that they couldn't on the 360.
I think that would be dumb from Rockstar's perspective. They alienate around half the gamers who own the 360? It doesn't make sense economically.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 12:07 PM    (permalink
Eaglez.Fan
All-Pro

Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just rented NBA Live 08, it's pretty good, haven't played alot but good so far. And Fifa 08 was a disappointment.
Old 11-04-2007, 12:14 PM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
From what I was just reading, CoD4 looks like almost a lock for the best FPS game of the year. I can't wait. A lot more good games will come out in Q1 of 2008. For instance: Army of Two, GTAIV, MGS4, SOCOM: Confrontation, and a couple more.

I've heard over and over how ridiculously good the AI on Army of Two is supposed to be. I was pretty excited for it, but it seems to have been in development for so long(probably because of the AI) that I had forgotten about it. Hopefully it's not a dissapointment, because I've been hearing it will push the AI levels to new heights.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!
ironman4579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 05:26 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironman4579 View Post
Finally got my PS3! I'm so happy. Now I just need to actually get some games. The only game I've got that didn't come with the system is NCAA '08(which I'm not complaining about, by the way. I love it so far). Campus legend certainly seems better than in past years. I'm looking forward to COD4 the most I think, although, my god, there's so many games I want. And the best part is, I only paid $500 for it(although maybe I missed a price cut for the 80GB and everyone got it for that price)
I still only have one games as well (NCAA 08), but that's because I've been waiting for Half Life 2 and Assassin's Creed. I'm not a fan of WWII games, so I might only rent COD4 (which comes out tomorrow).
Old 11-04-2007, 05:45 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Quote:
I still only have one games as well (NCAA 08), but that's because I've been waiting for Half Life 2 and Assassin's Creed. I'm not a fan of WWII games, so I might only rent COD4 (which comes out tomorrow).
CoD4 isn't going to be based on WWII, hence why it is called Modern Warefare. It is set in the present/non-to-distant future I believe, and from what I have read the story line is very good.

Plus, it has split screen online!